Next Fallout: Ideas?

Wiiiiiiilliam

Aug 15, 2010
I think it would be really intressting if they gave you a son or daughter who would be your campanion the whole game, and grow up as the game progresses. It would be cool to watch the child aspire to be the player even if you do have low karma. I think if done correctly it could really work.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Valagetti said:
How about Fallout France?
No, because we want a game where the enemy factions won't immediately surrender ;-)

OT: Gotta go with London, being British myself and that city having so many iconic locations to include.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
China of course, they're constantly talked about in the games as is, with Chinese ghoul soldiers as well as spy bunkers. Who knows both Fallouts always hint at the current game about future sequels or DLC's (i.e. the Outcast leader mentions the Brotherhood in the West, as well as talking about the Pitt, a DLC).

OrenjiJusu said:
*Synthesised voice* Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!!
That was already done with the Mothership Zeta DLC.

OrenjiJusu said:
Or alternatively some mutations available to the player, e.g. ghoul player or slow increase to super mutant.
Yah, that's what I was thinking about too! Also have more reaction to apparel, by that I mean people talk to you the same way if you're wearing Enclave armor or if you're wearing Sexy sleepwear, we know the code for reacting to apparel exists because if you do the super hero gambit quest and wear one of the super hero outfits to the other super hero they turn hostile and the Outcasts greet you if you're wearing outcast power armor.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I think going outside the US removes what Fallout is about, which is spoofing America's positive 50s atitude by dropping bombs on it. Taking out that American aesthetic would take the series away from its original purpose.

Russian Pancake

Jun 16, 2011
Wiiiiiiilliam said:
I think it would be really intressting if they gave you a son or daughter who would be your campanion the whole game, and grow up as the game progresses. It would be cool to watch the child aspire to be the player even if you do have low karma. I think if done correctly it could really work.
Maybe that child could maybe help you in certain dialouge option, or maybe you can sell him/her as a slave and then sneak her out of the camp, BUT, there would be restrictions.

What if your in a city and you Rule that City, kind of like Mr.House, and you can control Raids, revanue ETC.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
xXGeckoXx said:
This is the only thing I consider even remotely awesomer than fallout in america. So yeah Fallout:Australia, FUCKING MAD MAX MAN.
Admittedly I wasn't even thinking of Mad Max at the time, but given that Mad Max has already been referenced a few times in the series, it works.

That and now I kinda want a Thunderdome.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
artanis_neravar said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
BrotherSurplice said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Imagine a half destroyed London run by a gentlemanly ghoul dictator, voiced by Gary Oldman. Need.
It must be done!

OT: As much as a Fallout: London would be awesome, it just wouldn't be "Fallouty." There would be no BoS, (probably) no deathclaws, no Enclave, no FEV supermutants, no vaults etc. The list goes on. I'd like to see one that returns to Chicago and its environs, see how the Midwestern Brotherhood is getting along.
Theres no reason why vault tec couldn't have come across the channel 1950's London culture was heavily influence by American music and trends largely due to being allies in the war. Fev came from the vaults.

Also instead of Deathclaws....Mutant Badgers...
Do not want.
If I remember right the FEV came from The Mariposa Military Base. And Vault Tech didn't even manage to finish all of the American Vaults let alone make some in other countries. While it is not impossible it seems unlikely. That being said I wouldn't mind a separate spin-off series of Fallout taking place throughout Europe.

In fact I want Fallout: Earth. It has every city in every country on the planet
Well if fallout 3 was canon it was included in fault experimentation at least.
Come on
Ghouls, in top hats, complaining about lack of tea.

You know you want it.
Oh yeah I forgot about that, well played. And yes "Ghouls, in top hats, complaining about lack of tea." would be awesome, in fact if they do a Fallout London I want a completely ghoul parliament ruling over wasteland London. But I stick with my Fallout: Earth Idea - Each country has it's own quest line, some can overlap (like England and France or something) The larger countries (USA, Russia, China, ect) get regional quest lines, you can build cars from parts you scavenge and you can set up your "home" in any building

Russian Pancake

Jun 16, 2011
So, anyone willing to make a troll face zombie that resembles InterPlay?

You should get a Bike for your birthday and be able to get a perk to do drive-bys in.

Russian Pancake

Jun 16, 2011
I love Obsidians writing, but they need more testing, Ive gotten stuck in 5 Rocks so far, and I put 100+ Hours into it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
scnj said:
I think going outside the US removes what Fallout is about, which is spoofing America's positive 50s atitude by dropping bombs on it. Taking out that American aesthetic would take the series away from its original purpose.
I don't think 1950's London was that different tbh we were all caught up in that 1950's post war positivity and hope for the future.

and ofc the Cold War...

Blue_Devil13

Jun 10, 2011
One of the devolpers said, regarding the next game "Running around the mojave sure was fun, wasn't it?" I don't think they'd go right back to the same place, but it might be another desert.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
how about a fallout that starts immediately pre-war and has the player endure the actual bomb-dropping part? It might give the whole "ZOMG! America's been nuked!" theme some fresh punch. You could chase the early enclave as they flee offshore and have a hand in the startup of the BoS.

Also, I want a minigame about 1/10 of the way through where you have 20ish minutes game time to find a suitable shelter or you get vaporized when the bombs go off...

vance32

Aug 5, 2009
I want Fallout:Kansas City or any were in the Midwest there is the Midwestern brotherhood

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
scnj said:
I don't think 1950's London was that different tbh we were all caught up in that 1950's post war positivity and hope for the future.

and ofc the Cold War...
Just for the record, it wasn't actually 1950's America, America Science had breakthroughs in Nuclear Fusion rather then the microchip, so without computers and the like American culture didn't evolve out of that phase, but there's no reason to assume that England didn't evolve past the US

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Hopping to have them continue the "fallout extreme" one where it take place in Canada. That would be really awesome if it was in Toronto.
Ronto was mentioned by some npc's as another city.
It would be awesome.
As for dlc, they should have made a area 51 in new vegas or at least a continued ending. Even though by the time all dlcs are out, the level cap would be 50
I have done everything possible in new vegas and looking for more action and places to explore.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
scnj said:

and ofc the Cold War...
Just for the record, it wasn't actually 1950's America, America Science had breakthroughs in Nuclear Fusion rather then the microchip, so without computers and the like American culture didn't evolve out of that phase, but there's no reason to assume that England didn't evolve past the US
Yeah I realise it's like an alternate future - history but I just meant from an artistic and cultural point of view.