Nickelodeon Greenlights Steampunk Sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

bubba145

Jan 4, 2010
my only question is are there going to be guns or are they going to wimp out on that tech.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Marik2 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I do hope they explain what happened to Zuko's mom.
Me too.

I just really hope that it doesn't make me wish the series was on a different channel than Nick about half way through.

Watching the end of the first series made me feel like Nick's "Keep it for Kids" was holding it back.
Yeah when I started to watch it I thought it was gonna be a kiddy show but I decided to keep watching and it got better :)

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
bubba145 said:
my only question is are there going to be guns or are they going to wimp out on that tech.
o_O The original Avatar series ended with an attempted carpet bombing of the world. I'm sure they won't wimp out on anything.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Steampunk? Sweeeet! Not enough stuff gets steampunked so will have to look into watchint it fo sure~

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
*Gets down on knees* Dear God, please keep this from sucking.

The reason why it wsa popular with adults is because its one of the few TV shows that ever had continual, and believable, character growth. I recently watched Avatar beginning to end and at every point the choices the characters made were believable. Only annoying thing about the series is I have to import the DVDs from Europe as it was never shown (or just wasn't very popular) in the UK. Hopefully they'll keep the broad and bright animation style as that was one of my favourite things.

Marik2 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Marik2 said:

Me too.

I just really hope that it doesn't make me wish the series was on a different channel than Nick about half way through.

Watching the end of the first series made me feel like Nick's "Keep it for Kids" was holding it back.
Yeah when I started to watch it I thought it was gonna be a kiddy show but I decided to keep watching and it got better :)
I'm glad it was a kids show. The urge in the third season would have been to go "Darker and Edgier" but because it was on a childrens network it stopped them going too far and ruining it.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Lissa-QUON said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Steampunk?
I go get my goggles and top hat.

EDIT: That girl must be skilled as hell to master 3 styles...while the avatar is still alive.
They never said Aang is alive. In fact he pretty much has to be dead for her to be the next avatar. A son of Aang is apparently in this show.
..WUT.

Oh that is cruel, man. "Hey you know that guy, you cared so much about? He died! :D."

I feel like a sad bear now.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
First off: WHOOO! MOTHERFUCKING YEAH, BITCHES! WHOOO!!!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, this seems really amazing. Actually sounds to me to be like more of a Miyazaki film than a TV-series but I hope this does well.

ScarletScapegrace

Oct 4, 2009
Very very very excited for this development! I'm also looking forward to possible cameos by the original gAang (well, all of them except for Aang, since Korra being there means Aang's dead).

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Plinglebob said:
*Gets down on knees* Dear God, please keep this from sucking.

The reason why it wsa popular with adults is because its one of the few TV shows that ever had continual, and believable, character growth. I recently watched Avatar beginning to end and at every point the choices the characters made were believable. Only annoying thing about the series is I have to import the DVDs from Europe as it was never shown (or just wasn't very popular) in the UK. Hopefully they'll keep the broad and bright animation style as that was one of my favourite things.

Marik2 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Marik2 said:

Me too.

I'm glad it was a kids show. The urge in the third season would have been to go "Darker and Edgier" but because it was on a childrens network it stopped them going too far and ruining it.
Well it wasnt a kids show by the third season it was just a bit more mature.

Yes I agree that being dark and gritty could have ruined it but it was a bit "mature" by that I mean it makes you think.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Dr. wonderful said:
Lissa-QUON said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Steampunk?

EDIT: That girl must be skilled as hell to master 3 styles...while the avatar is still alive.
They never said Aang is alive. In fact he pretty much has to be dead for her to be the next avatar. A son of Aang is apparently in this show.
..WUT.

Oh that is cruel, man. "Hey you know that guy, you cared so much about? He died! :D."

They'll be dumb if he doesn't make some appearences like Roku did.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Plinglebob said:
Despite being a kids show, I was very happy it was not an immature show. It had some quality, mature writing and addressed plenty of serious topics in a way that was still accessible to children. Heck I'd say it already was pretty dark from the get-go, just not in the "grrrr!" way we're so used to.

There aren't a lot of shows that take children seriously, Avatar did and I was very happy about that.
cursedseishi said:
Well to be fair, you can probably owe much of it to Sokka, as he was the one in the series who really started finding ways to use bending to create modern technology (submarine for instance). I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the major inspirations for the main city in this one.

I'll be interested in seeing this as well, Avatar was the best thing to hit Nickelodeon since Invader Zim or Angry Beavers.
Sokka is totally underrated. I heard Shamalaladingdong fucked him up royally in the movie, I cannot forgive him for that.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nickelodeon have redeemed themselves and given us a reason to anticipate 2011. Hopefully they'll explain some of the questions that this generation gap will have raised like where all of the original characters wound up(and who with for the people that battle over silly crap like "Kataang Vs Zatara") and how the Air Nomads(thanks in large part to Aang Im sure) are reborn

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
Dr. wonderful said:
Lissa-QUON said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Steampunk?

..WUT.

Well I wouldn't feel too bad, she's probably in her early teens, so Aang had a full life, living until his 60s. Though the fact that he had a son probably will make the Zutara fans lose their final glimmer of hope. I wouldn't be suprised to see some old faces though, like I'd imagine Sokka might be around as a member of the white lotus society.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! the plot actually sounds awesome and interesting, the first one was great so expect this one to be just as good even better

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
original series was one of the best cartoon I've ever watched (apart then spawn, batman, gargoyles, transformers, x-men, venture bros and a few others that i can't remember right now.)

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!

... and its even a good time too: people will probably be curious as to why people are so heavily advocating that the movie made the show look bad, so they could start watching it.