Nickelodeon Greenlights Steampunk Sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

Alpha1Niner

Aug 11, 2009
I'm so happy I could tearbend.

A sequel with the original creators, steampunked, possible plot clean ups from the first, and M. NIGHT IS NOT INVOLVED!

Adaephon

Jun 15, 2009
Nigh Invulnerable said:
bubba145 said:
Danman1 said:
bubba145 said:
my only question is are there going to be guns or are they going to wimp out on that tech.
o_O The original Avatar series ended with an attempted carpet bombing of the world. I'm sure they won't wimp out on anything.
i remember but the fire nation was in the second industrial revolution so wheres gunpowder did they just not make it or is censorship the thing.
What purpose would gun powder serve if you can just shoot fire from your hands? However, in the original series there is one of the Rough Rhinos who uses dynamite.
Plus Sokka had those bags of not-gunpowder that he tried to use to imitate firebending... that one time.. I can't remember where or why he did but I'm sure he did do that so ya, gunpowder exists kinda.

OT: I hope that they find a way to bring in a lot of cameos without resorting to blatant fanservice or a bunch of nudge-nudge wink-wink moments.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
poiuppx said:
Five bucks says at least one member of the old squad comes back, either as support or as a maybe-villain. Ten bucks says it's Zuko, given his INSANE popularity and the fact that now HE can play the role of 'Badass Grandpa'.

Also, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I've been LUSTING for a sequel since the finale! Thank groodness the movie didn't tank the chances of it coming out.
omg... I hope now Zuko comes back as the Badass Grandpa... and for all we know Korra's team mates could be the children of them, last time I checked Zuko was with Mai.

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
found some rumours, Rumors

The Storyline remains unconfirmed. Some of it could possibly be revealed at Comic Con 2010.

* It may be set 70 years in the future.
* Aang is featured in the series in the Spirit World, as Roku and past Avatars were to Aang in the Last Airbender.
* Korra is from the Southern Water Tribe.
* She has already mastered three of the four elements prior to the series, and is trying to master "Air". Aang's son, Tenzin, is supposed to teach it to her.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Dr. wonderful said:
Steampunk?
I go get my goggles and top hat.

EDIT: That girl must be skilled as hell to master 3 styles...while the avatar is still alive.
The description doesn't say anywhere that Aang is still alive. Just that Tenzin, Aang's son, is.

Sovereign _909

Jul 6, 2010
Yes, yes, yes and yes! Loved the original series and if they are gonna keep the original feel and add in steampunk elements, this sequal should rock! can't wait.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
so the series will be base more on korra learning one element? mmm idk hw long this sequel will be seeing as aang learned 3 elements in like a few weeks/months each.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Looking forward to it.

REALLY looking forward to it.

I just hope it doesn't butcher my childhood like the internet did.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Kalezian said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Lissa-QUON said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Steampunk?
I go get my goggles and top hat.

EDIT: That girl must be skilled as hell to master 3 styles...while the avatar is still alive.
They never said Aang is alive. In fact he pretty much has to be dead for her to be the next avatar. A son of Aang is apparently in this show.
..WUT.

Oh that is cruel, man. "Hey you know that guy, you cared so much about? He died! :D."

I feel like a sad bear now.
Ill cheer you up.

Imagine the people trying to figure out who Aang had his kid with, and how many -ships will man their guns harpoons.

That was NOT helpful.

It already bad enough they were RIGHT about the next avatar being in the water tribe.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
Steam-punk actually makes a lot of sense, since that was what the fire nation did in the original, and with peace a again in the world they would obliviously share/trade. Imagine that after they invented huge Zeppelins and after 70 years they hadn't progressed at all with steam-punk, that would be stupid. But I am wondering with all that steam-punk are they going to make metal bending something very common? Instead of something only few individuals can learn? Hmm or maybe not thinking about it, if Toth were still alive (and not 80 years old) she would be invincible.

Gigaguy64 said:
I just really hope that it doesn't make me wish the series was on a different channel than Nick about half way through.

Watching the end of the first series made me feel like Nick's "Keep it for Kids" was holding it back.
SPOILERS!! That was my problem too, it's like the writers thought " oh shit how are we going to end this with out killing someone" and then they throw in this random character (or island?) in the second last episode (I think) and he gives Aang this completely unexplained bullshit power

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
I add my aproval to this. Too bad we won't see more of Toph, my favorite tomboyish earthbender
girl.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender a while back, but I ended up stopping mid way through when I had no idea when the new episodes were airing, so unfortunately I never finished it. However, what I did see from it I did enjoy a lot, and this new series definitely peaks my interest. I should really find the episodes on Netflix or something, I have to catch up on the show.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Marik2 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I do hope they explain what happened to Zuko's mom.
didn't she die?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Marik2 said:

You sum up my thoughts exactly! I was hoping something like this would happen.

Agree on Zuko's mom, and I add that I want to know what happened Azula, Toph and her parents, and Sokka's bird. So excited!!!

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
...I suppose i should watch the original so I can fully appreciate what sounds to be awesome

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
werewolfsfury said:
Marik2 said:

didn't she die?
No towards the end Zuko's dad told him he exiled her and at the last moment of the last episode Zuko went up to him and said "Where's my mom?" and it ended with no conclusion of his mom :(

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
OceanRunner said:
Sounds fantastic. I hope we'll see an 80ish year old Aang at some point.
Dude didnt you follow the story? Sorry to break this to ya, but a new avatar gets borne when the old one dies

But don't worry Aang will mostly help Korra along like Roku helped Aang in that (dreamworld?)

EDIT: ahh of course it is called the spirit world sorry I forgot