Nintendo E3 2011 - Your Reactions?

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
I missed it.

Can someone give me a gist of what happened?

All I know is that there is a new smash bros, the new console is named something stupid, and the controller looks expensive as hell.y

Was there any new skyward sword footage/info? Any majora's Mask stuff?
SSB was hinted at for both 3DS and WiiU.

The controller is touchscreen and you can stream the image from your TV to the controller.

The WiiU will have games like Darksiders, Batman AC, Assassins Creed etc

Nothing new from the Zelda front it terms of what you mentioned. They opened with a big orchestral piece, then announced some symphony which I tuned out of for a minute or so. There was some brief HD footage of Zelda on the WiiU, though.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
TheBlitz said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
I missed it.

Can someone give me a gist of what happened?

All I know is that there is a new smash bros, the new console is named something stupid, and the controller looks expensive as hell.y

Was there any new skyward sword footage/info? Any majora's Mask stuff?
SSB was hinted at for both 3DS and WiiU.

The controller is touchscreen and you can stream the image from your TV to the controller.

The WiiU will have games like Darksiders, Batman AC, Assassins Creed etc

Nothing new from the Zelda front it terms of what you mentioned. They opened with a big orchestral piece, then announced some symphony which I tuned out of for a minute or so. There was some brief HD footage of Zelda on the WiiU, though.
Skyward Sword on the Wii u, or a new one?

Any word on how much the controller will be.

I like that a new SSB was announced, and that there getting into the hardcore games marketplace, but nothing extraordinarily was announced.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Not to be a dark cloud on a sunny day for all you who are looking forward to this. But how will online work with this? Wasn't the online thing for Wii terrible as I heard it wasn't great and needed work.

Anyways I don't see the point of changing over to the Wii-U. Most of the games are coming out can be play on xbox and ps3.As well as I'm not a Nintendo fan so I don't feel like playing a remake of Zelda or Mario for the 50th time.

phYnc

Sep 23, 2009
Once upon a time I used to like nintendo but that was many years ago now and in my opinion they have released bad console after bad console. Whatever they release next I'm sure it will be just as bad. But I'm also sure it will sell millions of units and they will release a better version next year.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
honestly, they didnt show anything new in terms of actual games... just stuff we already knew was coming

and with zelda, all they did was mention it is the 25th anniversary and talk about the music, instead of showing the game everyone is waiting for.

project cafe was unveiled, but only through video footage mockup gameplay and shit. they never actually demoed it

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
Skyward Sword on the Wii u, or a new one?

Any word on how much the controller will be.

I like that a new SSB was announced, and that there getting into the hardcore games marketplace, but nothing extraordinarily was announced.[/quote]

Skyward Sword wasn't shown at all if I remember correctly. The HD Zelda I was referring to looked like Twilight Princess, vs some giant tarantula. There was no word whether that was a game or just a demo for showing off the graphics.

No price given at this time, nor specs of the console.

Edit: However, during the subsequent stream... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4BHmFDBzMk&feature=player_embedded#at=50

Salmaras

Sep 5, 2009
A lot of people seem to have the issue that the controller would be uncomfortable to hold, but in reality it's exactly the same as holding any handheld, and those seem to work fine.

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Sure, I'm looking forward to paying $100+ for a controller. On the other hand, That's a pretty solid line-up for day 1.

(Also, I'm calling it now: the new Smash Bros will be named Super Smash Bros Clash)

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
OMIGOD HD Zelda looks fekking amazing!!! and Super Smash Bros 4!!!!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. Nintendo, I'm sorry I doubted you. My old Nintendo fanboyism is starting to come back again. Still a little skeptical, but in the end, this conference got me most excited out of all of them.

Jun 5, 2010
I loved it im going to love the new console because you know why? because its Nintendo and i love Nintendo i dont care about the hipster bs about it lacking innovation because it just remake Mario, Zelda etc. because two of the highest rated games of all time are both Zelda games (wind waker and ocarina and apparently those are just remakes of the original legend of Zelda right? whatever i have loved every console Nintendo has released and i will love this one (P.S. I really only play single-player games that are Nintendo made and multi-player games on P.C. so i guess im kind of a fanboy) P.P.S. still have no reason to touch my 360 yet i haven't in over a year seriously Microsoft wtf was that!? worst press conference ever from you guys

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
There will always be those that need incredibly up to date tech specs to enjoy their games. Yes, the WiiU will most likely be outperformed in this regard by the PS4 and Xbox 720, but I sit firmly in the crowd of "I don't give a shit."

My biggest concerns are the comfort and price of the controller. Surprisingly few people seem to be mentioning the fact that the analog sticks are ABOVE the d-pad and buttons, but this may be a simple adjustment. The buttons also look kind of small, similar to the DS lite's buttons, but it's hard to tell without seeing it in person.

While E3 isn't over and many of these issues may be proven non-existant in the next couple days, I'm going to list everything I can think of anyway.

Lack of GC controller ports: Considering how often GC controllers are used in Wii games like Brawl, Mario Kart, and many others, the console needs to be compatible with them in order to provide true backward compatibility.

Connectivity: I know they may have thrown that word around, but I think everyones looking for a real way to communicate and play with their friends similar to XBL or PSN, and we didn't see that today. We did see video chatting though....

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Horrible name, simply horrible...and I feel like Marlon Brando at the end of Apocalypse Now, reiterating "the horror" over and over again.

As for the system itself...well.

Sorry, the name is just so horrible I can't focus on anything else to say about it...-_-

sora91111

Dec 10, 2010
possibly the first nintindo console I buy that's not just a portible handheld since the original super nintindo