Nintendo Remaking Legendary Zelda: Ocarina of Time For 3DS?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
IGN says while not official it's as good as confirmed.
Not to scoop the escapist or anything :p

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Are we still hung up on Ocarina of Time? I thought that came out, like, 10 years ago...

I'm a Zelda fan, but I have frankly never understood its appeal. Nostalgia, almost entirely, methinks.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Random Argument Man said:
Woa...

I would've liked a remake of Majora's mask, but this one will do.
That'll probably happen eventually.

Can't wait for this though, the graphics are actually slightly improved from the N64 (or seem so from the few screenshots that are available).

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
It seems that they're remaking a lot of beloved games for the 3DS... I ain't complaining, it just better not be a clunky piece of crap, is all.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Delusibeta said:
As a person who bought the original DS and didn't upgrade to the Lite or the DSi... VINDICATION!

I wonder what would happen with DSiWare, however.
Come, my brother-in-old-DS-arms, we must gloat!

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
after 3 hardcore hours of Nerd after Nerd coverage, I had the Big O so many times, my chair is ruined. My hands broken, and my hope high.
[intentional misinterpretation] Did someone say Big O [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlxIL0Nx4AU]? [/intentional misinterpretation]

Anyway, an Ocarina of Time remake would be fantastic and it would certainly only further add to the already fantastic lineup of games the 3DS has so far. I definitely support the idea.

I was planning on buying a DS in summer or autumn beacuse I wanted the backwards GBA compatibility and beacuse the DS appears to still has some life in it. But after this announcement, I am not so sure if it's still worth investing in one.

viperhalfdragon

Oct 22, 2008
Falls to his knees, tears streaming from his eyes and yells out into the heavens* OH GREAT GODS OF GAMES WHO WATCH OVER US GAMERS......

THANK YOU!!!!

*Weeps in happiness and prostrates himself*

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
dude this is awsome I welcome a remake of this game, If only squeenix would learn from this and remake caugh FF VII cough with new graphics caugh.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
the 3DS will be in my hands the second Ocarina comes out (if it comes out :( ) which am hoping will come out I was already eying starfox this will just be a better investment of my time

Yoshi-Pop

Apr 1, 2009
Between this and Goldeneye, it kinda sounds like Nintendo is waving it's dick in Square-Enix's face for it's steadfast refusal to remake FFVII.

Psychemaster

Everything in Moderation
Aug 18, 2008
Dragu_ said:
I don't get it. How many of you have played it? Quite a few. How many of you guys own a 64 and the game? Barely any! Why?
Because it came out 12 years ago, maybe? Not everyone can afford to keep their consoles.

...oh God, memories of bad advertising... flooding back... *explode*

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Random Jah-Love said:
Between this and Goldeneye, it kinda sounds like Nintendo is waving it's dick in Square-Enix's face for it's steadfast refusal to remake FFVII.
Somehow I really don't think you are wrong here. I was just imagining drawing a little comic around this.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
If it has TV out I would buy it if not wii ware maybe...... otherwise screw it. The only remakes I would be interested in are for the WII and involve MM(refined optional options involving more dungeons and more masks to transform with) or WW(refined optional options involving an outboard motor for the boat..... ot let me warp wherever/whenever I want)

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Well, Nintendo have confirmed the game's existence on Twitter, so it's all good.