Nintendo Remaking Legendary Zelda: Ocarina of Time For 3DS?

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I've never liked handhelds dispite my Pokemon days as a child.

But with Starfox and Zelda coming out fot his i'd actually consider this.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
Dragu_ said:
I don't get it. How many of you have played it? Quite a few. How many of you guys own a 64 and the game? Barely any! Why?
they rerelseased it for the gamecube twice
also virtual console
and i do own both a 64 and the game

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
what is the point to this?
it was brilliant why put it on a console that wont do it justice

oh i know for the money

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
unholyavenger13 said:

oh i know for the money
You DO know OOT ran originally at 320x240 on N64?
And you DO know the 3ds has an effective resolution of 400x240?
And power at LEAST, CURRENTLY I might add (a couple months after dev's got their kits) on par with ps2/gamecube in regards to just about everything but raw poly-pushing power?
And yet you say it won't do it justice.

They see me trollin, they hatin'.....

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
slopeslider said:
unholyavenger13 said:

oh i know for the money
You DO know OOT ran originally at 320x240 on N64?
And you DO know the 3ds has an effective resolution of 400x240?
And power at LEAST, CURRENTLY I might add (a couple months after dev's got their kits) on par with ps2/gamecube in regards to just about everything but raw poly-pushing power?
And yet you say it won't do it justice.

They see me trollin, they hatin'.....
i wasnt talking about the graphics the controls will make it so it never surpasses the original
i never liked the touchscreen idea

jamesslater

Jul 11, 2009
danpascooch said:
I wouldn't want to see my beloved DS titles turned into 3D by what would sure to be some imperfect "one algorithm fits all" 3DS conversion.

EDIT: I know saying "what is sure to be" is correct, but "what would sure to be" doesn't sound right to me, can anyone who knows what they're talking about let me know if "what would sure to be" is grammatically correct? It's kind of driving me nuts.
I would write either "I wouldn't want to see my beloved DS titles turned into 3D by what would sure be some imperfect 'one algorithm fits all' 3DS conversion", or "I wouldn't want to see my beloved DS titles turned into 3D by what is sure to be some imperfect 'one algorithm fits all' 3DS conversion".

OT: I don't really know what some people are complaining about. If you've already played OOT to death or have a principled objection to Nintendo overexploiting its franchises, then fair enough, don't buy it. But there are many reasons to be excited about this:

• [li]It shows that Nintendo are still mindful of their "core" followers (although, more cynically, you could say that Nintendo have realised that the casual fad has played itself out) - people have been begging for a DS version of OOT practically since that console came out.[/li]
    [li]It's on a portable device, which means you can play it practically anywhere.[/li]
    [li]It's a chance to introduce younger gamers to a bonafide classic. The biggest (IMO the only major) problem with OOT for people who didn't play it when it originally came out is its outdated graphics - the smaller screen, and the increased graphical fidelity that 3DS provides, obliterate that problem.[/li]
    [li]It's not just a straight port: Aonuma and Miyamoto have made it clear that the control scheme will be refined to take advantage of the 3DS, and of their 12 years of Zelda game design experience since OOT was released (e.g. iron boots). That's to say nothing of the improved textures and character models.[/li]
    [li]With its broad sweeping vistas, OOT is an ideal game to show how the 3D effect can enhance the sense of place and scale.[/li]

EDIT: And I am aware of the hypocrisy of complaining about people complaining ;-).

Jacob Robertson

Jun 13, 2010
I really liked it when they remade Super Mario 64 for the DS when they first released it, since I had never had a chance to fully play that game. They did a good job with not only making it look better, but also with adding additional content (and rearranging existing content), which I hope they can do this time as well. I have played OOT on the Wii Virtual Console a few times, but never managed to finish it, so I think I'll probably get this eventually.

Of course, there is still the question of when I'll actually buy the 3DS in the first place. I know I'll get it eventually, but I think I'll hold off at first.