Nintendo Wants To "Win Over the Halo Audience"

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Wii have a great userbase who want Wii games, and Nintendo stuff.

MS have their audience, who are quite different, and both companies are successful...

Can neither of them just agree that they've both got enough, and concentrate on expanding what their customers want, instead of making stuff their customer's haven't asked for?

Wii fans generally don't want Halo 4, and 360 gamers don't generally care about having a wiimote with an even sillier name, I'm sure.

The Wii isn't really an FPS machine, and the 360, doesn't need another novelty gadget that people will play for a few hours then stick under the TV to gather dust.

mightyfoo69

Jul 8, 2009
Nintendo needs to realize that they cant win all audiences. the new games coming out for the wii wont make the core gamer go from over 50+ fps on xbox or ps3 (less for ps3 i think) to 2-5 fps titles on the wii. And then to mario kart? wtf?

the wii was made for the casual gamer/regular people(aka your mom, dad, grandpa, little kids etc.). The wii is a one of the most impressive of the Next gen consoles, but it left out the audience that the game cube and the n64 (mostly n64)had created. they didnt realize that you cant really play a wii every day (unless you have friends over or throw a party every day, in which case you might need an intervention).

Reggie is demented lol. just take the halo audience (aka little kids).
Good luck Nintendo... you'll need it, cause your crazy as hell.

Eatspeeple

Jun 18, 2009
Having one or two hardcore titles won't attract the hardcore crowd. They won't buy a casual game to get use out of the console if they bought it for the hardcore games. In order for this to work, nintendo needs a huge batch of hardcore games across all genres so people who haven't bought the console will see that it is worth the price

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
The Great JT said:
How Nintendo Can Win Over Halo Audience:

Release Halo on the Wii.
Dun dun dun!

But I really fail to understand who they are trying to win over. I play Halo and Mario Party, so from my point of view this makes no sense.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
This is a great idea but will not work. I am a Nintendo person myself and have a Wii. I know however that people looking for hardcore games will not turn to the Wii, that is a sad fact the Nintendo will try and fail to remedy. I wish it could be so but I predict that this WILL NT WORK.
It's sad to because the Wii is cool and people don't give it a shot. It is hard to get used to a first but hey, anything worth having is worth working for. ~_~

Ossum

Apr 19, 2009
bluegriffin8 said:
this all just makes me wonder: why, if the wii has the casual game market cornered, why does it insist on making hard-core games, such as madworld, the conduit, the grinder, and gladiator AD, among others? maybe someone else can answer this for me.
It's because Nintendo has, since basically the SNES, made only paltry half-measures to capture the market. Unfortunately, also from SNES days they were considered the console for kids, probably partly because marketing themselves as a children's toy raked in the bucks back then. Nintendo didn't move fast enough when other consoles really got going, so they were able to capture the older markets Nintendo didn't know how to sell to.

Sadly, Nintendo still thinks the kid gamer market is the cash cow and it probably is. But these adult games aren't nearly enough to shake the image, nor is the Wii. Casual/kid gamers are still a major seller, but occasionally they can make some dough selling a "hardcore" game or two.

I don't think Nintendo really wants to move away from casual/kid, but they know there's money to be had in the other markets.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
First of all, Reggie lives in a fantasy world where Nintendo is a way of life. Second, if there's not a super-cool exclusive on the Wii, then I probably won't consider it seriously. Anything multi-platform is likely to be 100% better suited to the 360 or PS3.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
Kiutu said:
...Why? Halo's audience are losers. Alot of them SHOULD be Wii gamers though anyways. (Young children) But hey, if they want to lighten our load then fine.

Halo gamers are hardcore? Not really. Halo 3 attractes what I call "meathead gamers" who play Halo 3, Gears of War, and CoD 4 and thats it. Playing those games does not automatically file you under that, but if you think one of those games is the best game ever, then it does.

Eh? I just checked your games list and it's full of games like them.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Neosage said:
Kiutu said:
...Why? Halo's audience are losers. Alot of them SHOULD be Wii gamers though anyways. (Young children) But hey, if they want to lighten our load then fine.

Halo gamers are hardcore? Not really. Halo 3 attractes what I call "meathead gamers" who play Halo 3, Gears of War, and CoD 4 and thats it. Playing those games does not automatically file you under that, but if you think one of those games is the best game ever, then it does.

I need to bold certain words sometimes I guess. Are those my ONLY games? My list of games is quite long, and has many games besides Gears and Halo. I also do not play them often, nor very recently. My taste in games is far beyond merely those few games.

cavsfan69

Jul 8, 2009
I don't think nintendo realizes how the market works. They see that sony and microsoft are making money off FPS' so the turn out a couple of cheap rip-offs of those games, expecting to steal the genre away from the "core" platforms. I think they should just be content ruling the casual market and better luck next gen.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
Kiutu said:
Neosage said:
Kiutu said:

I need to bold certain words sometimes I guess. Are those my ONLY games? My list of games is quite long, and has many games besides Gears and Halo. I also do not play them often, nor very recently. My taste in games is far beyond merely those few games.
You did call Halo's audience losers though. So, why do you consider Wii gamers to be young children, and why are "Halo gamers", like yourself, not "hardcore"? I didn't know being a meathead excluded you from being "hardcore".......Also how does having an opinion about a game make you a meathead?

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
My wii is good for one thing, collecting dust. It also serves as a great argument starter with my wife because she likes the wii, though nener plays it anymore, and I wish I would have never bought it. Oh well. I'd play it if it had achievements

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
it seems yet again nintendo forgets one of its most successful series: metroid,that is the closest nintendo should ever be to a hardcore (ish) shooter game. and it IS fun as heck to play most of the metroid games, i mean look at echoes! that is the best chooter nintendo ever released! i think we all agree here yes?

LeadTaco

Oct 30, 2008
In order for Nintendo to have their "Halo", they will need...

-Best FPS controls on the Market. Not CoD level, HALO level of precision and control.
-A sci-fi universe that has a different, fresh approach to the world. Not grey and gunmetal like Killzone or any other Sci-fi FPS, but has exotic colors and shapes and forms. Aliens that adopted "functional" to their war machines, but also as a stylized, aesthetically beautiful tool of their religious zealotry. Graceful, beautiful war machines that traverse glorious mountain ranges and forests, and hover acroos miles of grand, golden deserts...
-An enemy that has a soul. You will never find another blockbuster shooter where you take on a squad of adorable Grunts, and regret shooting one in the head because another one hiding behind a rock shouts "You killed my BEST FRIEND you MONSTER!!!" in an obviously hurt voice.
-A story that goes beyond Humans vs Aliens. Anyone who actually understood the excessively deep storyline knows that the game parodies organized religion, through the religious "Covenant" disbarring humanity from joining, because the corrupt leaders have realized that Humanity and Earth greatly resemble the race the Covenant believe reached transcendence and worship as gods, and would thus prove the Covenant is false, thus demonizing humanity and attempting a genocide to hide the evidence against the church. And then the Flood, the race that started this whole mess with its viral outbreak and lead to the original extinction of the Human super race in the first place...
-And also have an online component that is fun, and takes the funnest parts of the campaign scenarios of driving in a truck with your friends over hills and cliffs, blasting away on a mounted machinegun, as a rocket flips you over and you all scurry for cover...

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Neosage said:
Kiutu said:
Neosage said:
Kiutu said:

You did call Halo's audience losers though. So, why do you consider Wii gamers to be young children, and why are "Halo gamers", like yourself, not "hardcore"? I didn't know being a meathead excluded you from being "hardcore".......Also how does having an opinion about a game make you a meathead?
The Wii is intended for non-gamers, and thus has alot less mature and possibly offensive titles. Though it may seem, I did not say Wii gamers are kids, but that alot of young kids are the kind of Halo fans I hate and should be playing Wii instead of hurting our ears with their constant rudeness. Also, a meathead gamer plays Halo 3 and Gears most of the time and do not play a wide number of games, nor appreciate them well enough. Playing Halo 3 does not make you one, playing ONLY Halo 3 does. And in what way did I say having an opinion about games makes you a meathead gamer? I prefer people to have an opinion, as I have mine, and it is obviously quite strong or otherwise we would not be talking so heatedly about this right now.