No hair and you.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Well, I did it! And barring accidently cutting my ear, it was a great success. I guess I can pull off being bald. And never have I looked more badass in sunglasses.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I would never do it, I don't think I can pull it off. Some people have nicely shaped heads and look great bald, I don't think I'm one of them.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I think everyone should try a shaved head at least once. What have you got to lose? Well, other than tons of time spacing out while you run your hand in circular motions over your scalp.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I've shaved my head down to nothing a couple of times, buying an electric clipper is easiest. Also having a friend do the hand razor bits (if you want to go completely bald look) helps a lot.

I liked having my hair like that, it was a functional haircut, didn't require washing and looked pretty good becase of the shape of my skull (or so people told me). The only problem is that strangers looked at me like I was a neo-nazi.

Emperor Platypus

Feb 17, 2010
CouchCommando said:
Beware! BEWARE!!, your friends and family will get this kinda weird glazed look in there eye and will not be able to restrain themselves from touching your head, especially if alcohol is involved.
Hey forewarned is forearmed right?
Really? That's a normal reaction? I thought my family was the only one who did that.

OT:
yea I prefer 3 mil myself so no tips on how to handle complete baldness.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I know I'll have it in about 30 years. CURSE YOU BALD LINEAGE! While everyone else in my family has a lame combover, I'll just admit keeping my hair is a battle I'm not going to win and just shave it.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
I had to do that when I was younger, as I didn't have any control over what I did with my hair.
So when I managed to get out of that.. "oppression" (simplified word obviously) I grow my hair to whatever style I want.

Bald is not my personal preference, just from past experiences.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
The Jakeinator said:
I avoid shaving. Period.

I have an Afro and planning on growing a beard, connecting them via my sideburns, and this will be the result:

Can I have a bit of your tasty burger?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
RatRace123 said:
So, do any of you have bald heads, or wish to? If so, what's it like? And do you like it?
I usually either shave my head or use clippers without any guards (Class 0). I can't handle having more than 1cm of hair on my head and I rarely let it get to that point.

On top of hat advice, in summer USE SUNSCREEN ON SHAVED BONCE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
I shaved my head once. It felt different.......

Besides, I looked like a damn chimp. I didn't like the way it looked on me. So, now, I refuse to get a haircut. Haven't got one for about 2 years.

All I can suggest is...............DO IT!!!

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
TheGoldenMan said:
I always cut my hair in to a short trim. I like it the only difference I've noticed is your head will be cold...so...cold...
What I wouldn't give to have short hair right now... Greece is like hell in this season!

And yes, I did get a haircut so short it looked like I was bald. Nothing to worry about, since it will grow back in a couple of weeks.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
If I go bald, I would spend spend ridiculous amounts of money to get my hair back.

I love my head of hair.

tim98042

Mar 17, 2010
i would say i have medium to longish hair, i shaved it off once for a bet and i looked ridiculous so i will never go back to short hair as it just doesn' suit me. but then again short hair may suit you so give it a go and if it doesn't work out it will grow back.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
My brother shaved his head as a concession to our mutual propensity for male pattern baldness. He looked like Bull from Night Court. He's gone back to a close-cropped hairstyle because what little hair he has left looks better than none at all.

I have no idea how despite being 18 months older I have more hair than he does...not that I'm exactly Mel Kiper Jr.---I just wear a Red Sox cap everywhere I go, seems to make me look 10 years younger.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I'd probably die without my hair. It's just about the only physical thing about me that I like. Everyone loves my long super-curls, also.

So, no, I wouldn't shave my head.

Mar 30, 2010
Bald? No. Clipped very short (using either grade 1 or 2 on the clippers)? Yep. I used to have fairly long hair (shoulder length) but about four years ago on a night out I got bet £10 I wouldn't shave my head - I think we can all see where this is going. Well I can honestly say the totally shaved look didn't suit me at all, and I was beginning to regret my decision, but as my hair was growing back it began to look alright so I have maintained it in that state (grade 2) ever since.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
mikozero said:
bald women are kinda hot sometimes...
...and I don't think I'd be one of them. I once grew out my fringe, and my eyes look freaky like that lol.

Don't think the world would like me bald :p As a female, it's not expected anyway :p. When I was a kid, I went through a period of thinking about shaving all my hair off tho lol. Strangely enough, my mum wouldn't let me.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
CouchCommando said:
Beware! BEWARE!!, your friends and family will get this kinda weird glazed look in there eye and will not be able to restrain themselves from touching your head, especially if alcohol is involved.
Hey forewarned is forearmed right?
And remember, you can use a shaved head as a way to explain away a propensity for getting into trouble... 'I'm not bald, I'm aerodynamic! Watch how fast I can get into trouble!"

Or you can tell women that it's good luck to rub a bald man's head... *wink wink nudge nudge* Say no more, say no more.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
It might look weird at the start since your skin underneath will be a lot more pink than your natural skintone - if you're Caucasian or Asian, but not naturally pale.

Since I've been "skin-shaving" my head bald for about a decade, my scalp is the same pallid tone as the rest of me.

Nowadays, I do it about every 2 weeks. By two weeks, the fuzz starts to look like hair again and I begin to look a bit like Mark Renton, as played by Ewen McGregor.