No Right Answer: Best X-Men Member Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best X-Men Member Ever

The best way to pick a debate is to start with a group of cool things, and then try to decide which one is coolest. With that in mind, let's see if it's even possible to decide which of the X-Men is cooler than being cool ... ice cold.

Watch Video

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Oh god...I lost at the beginning of that.

"Wolverine vs. Wolverine...wait a tic..."

That nearly had me on the floor.

Personally, I definitely agree with Wolverine...although for my money, Nightcrawler is also a contender.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Great episode, very well delivered arguments on both sides, and I loved how you guys dealt with Wolverine, both at the beginning and the end, as you really hit the nail on the head in terms of why he is the quintessential X-man. Although, if I had to pick between the two ... Chris won. Gambit is a great character, but Beast is a more complete representation of the X-men, and Chris really won me over with his closing point. See you guys next week!

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Well other than you both being completely wrong and that Nightcrawler is the best X-Men, was funny. The Wolverine bit was Worst Video Game Movie levels of hilarious.

Of the two, younger me would probably say Gambit, but sortofadult me probably thinks Beast. But seriously, Nightcrawler.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Psylocke wins my vote. With X-23 and Angel coming in as close seconds and Cyclops as dead last among everyone in the Marvel universe

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
GamemasterAnthony said:

Personally, I definitely agree with Wolverine...although for my money, Nightcrawler is also a contender.
Are you outta your mind? Nightcrawler is a boring one dimensional religious freak. Personally I'll go with Magneto even if he isn't an xman, heroes lately have gotten boring to me that I wish someone would make a comic base on villains.

Not just the typical villains in the world of heroes comic books but smart villains that actually wins. Because anyone that's not a kid knows that the real winners of the world are evil lying bastards.

Mega_Manic

Sep 11, 2012
I would go with Multiple Man. I suggest anyone check out X-Factor circa 2007 sometime to know what I'm talking about.

He has created clones of himself to travel to world and gather all it's knowledge and return to him once they have finished their journey. It's pretty awesome.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Best X-man ever? Magneto. once he actually became an X-man.

he wins by virtue of being Jewish like me, okay?

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Wolverine winning despite being really short usually baffles me at times.... He's 5'3" tall if I remember correctly & almost everyone wants to be him.... (Except me because I would prefer a more niched character.)

Jean Grey winning.... because.... She's a red head?.... Not just an over rated character to me, but I feel like I've seen way too many red headed females characters in comics.... They're starting to look all alike....

Gambit winning based on this when you exclude Wolverine I can agree with.

Beast winning based on this when you exclude Wolverine.... nah.... His whole turning into a furry then becoming more furry by being a Blue Cat seems more like a desperate attempt to grab people's attention.... But if they could Rule 63 Blue Cat Beast.... Then.... Well.... Pure Win!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
JPArbiter said:
Best X-man ever? Magneto. once he actually became an X-man.

he wins by virtue of being Jewish like me, okay?
Sounds good, you certified circumcised chosen one. La chiam!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Technically, you only want Wolverine claws power if you also going to get healing powers with it aswell (type Wolverine's Claws Suck on youtube to see what it's like with Wolverine power but no healing powers).

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
ExtraDebit said:
GamemasterAnthony said:

Are you outta your mind? Nightcrawler is a boring one dimensional religious freak. Personally I'll go with Magneto even if he isn't an xman, heroes lately have gotten boring to me that I wish someone would make a comic base on villains.

Not just the typical villains in the world of heroes comic books but smart villains that actually wins. Because anyone that's not a kid knows that the real winners of the world are evil lying bastards.
Magneto hasn't been a villain since the events of E is for Extinction in 2001, and joined the X-men in Nation X in 2009.

The Hood had a series for a while, the Thunderbolts are a team of villains, although the are usually being forced to redeem themselves.

Some of the teams in the Dark Reign arc are composed of villains

Jan 12, 2012
You are aware that everyone expects Dan to do the next episode in his Black Widow costume, right? Just checking.

Also, Beast and Gambit are great, but I'm gonna go with Burningdragoon and Gamemaster Anthony: Nightcrawler, so awesome "BAMF!" is a part of his powers.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Beast was an Avenger long before Wolverine.

Just sayin...

Oh yeah, was part of the argument that Gambit is the better X-Man because he's nearly as cool as his girlfriend, who's also an X-Man? Wouldn't that put him in 4th place?* (Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, then Gambit.)

*Unless you throw in other, superior, X-Men not named in the episode.

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
What was that at 1:39?
Beast for me, from a charcter standpoint, but I love Gambit's power.