No Right Answer: Worst Reboot Ever

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I dunnooooo I'm still sort of sidling over with the people who think Amazing Spider-Man was the worst reboot. While Man of Steel was PRETTY bad, there were still a couple of things I liked about it and I'm not nearly as fiery about bashing it as many others are. PoTA... At first, I too was thinking "What. They aren't seriously about to try to explain why 'Rise' was a bad reboot", I just sort of... shrug off any Tim Burton movie that isn't ORIGINALLY from him - I'm really excited about Beetlejuice 2, especially because Keaton's coming back but Alice, Dark Shadows, PoTA... I just sort of ignore them (Alice REALLY pissed me off) and say "Well, it's not Burton's imagination on this one so of course it's not gonna be as good as Edward Scissorhands).

I'm one of those people who's never really liked the Spider-Man movies; I feel like there was a TAD bit too much drama and angst and TAS only made it WORSE. I just don't get it, why would they strip EVEN MORE of Spider-Man's original character for the sake of wangst and brooding? It's like every superhero wants to jump on Batman's bandwagon because his trilogy, whether you like it or not, made LOADS of money.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I understand that Batman did not invent brooding over things he lost, it's just when I think "brooding superhero", I think of Batman (and maybe Wolverine)

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
SilverUchiha said:
I'm voting for Amazing Spiderman
Mr. Omega said:
I'm going to second Amazing Spider-Man.
I third this. It should have really been between Man of Steel and Amazing Spiderman

I thought the planet of the Apes reboot was a fantastic movie, and I would have loved a sequel. Sure the ending was silly, weird and made no sense, and it did loose the original message. It was however pretty good and entertaining all it's own. The fact he didn't like the Tim Burton's Batmans either just tells me we have a VERY different tastes.

Nicole Maronn

Nov 22, 2012
Planet of the Apes clearly wins this round (my god it was just awful)! Man of Steel, to me, wasn't that bad. I liked the main cast and it did have some rather nice moments for the characters. BUT what really killed it was how over-bloated the over-all feel the movie was trying to go for. I'm fine with drama for Superman, but the film really needed to have some humor in there to lighten the mood and get a better script to execute it properly.