Non Final Bosses That Destroyed You

twistedteddybear

Nov 4, 2009
demon's gate + carry armour in final fantasy 7, oh and that tyrant thing you fight on the plane in resident evil code veronica x... bastards

Rubashov

Jun 23, 2010
The fucking Temple Knight in Demon's Souls. He wasn't the toughest boss in the game, but he WAS the one that made me realize the game was going to be a ***** to beat.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
My choice is this guy from Tales of Symphonia. (spoilers for anyone who cares.)
Abyssion
He's difficult on Mania mode if you don't grind up to triple-digit levels, and even more so on the (japan-only) PS2 version, where he has every one of your party's Hi-Ougis and will spam them mercilessly. It's a fun fight, though.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
DJmagma said:
Elizabeth Greene in prototype. she has a main health bar, that regenerates, along with three smaller health bars you have to destroy before you can even touch her. toppled with tanks attacking you and massive hunters jumping everywhere. and the three smaller health bars regenerate. and it fires rocks and green plasma at you that magically lock on to you.

yeah it's a ***** to fight.
Oh god.

You mean to tell me that she isn't the final boss?

*sigh*

I cannot wait to see what the game shoves in my face next.

Seriously though, this now has to be my answer. God damn you Elizabeth Greene.... ma'am.

Also I have to give mention to Bane from Batman: Arkham Asylum. The Joker's boss fight was cartoonishly easy yet when I have to battle Bane I get annihilated over and over again until I'm swearing at the screen louder then the roars of two angry lions who just achieved orgasms while lying with their mouths next to a megaphone.
I just don't know why, but that truly is from hell.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Riku from KH1 (I know his entire speech by heart after so many attempts) and the sand...worm...thing from diablo 2.

Elonas

Apr 16, 2009
The grabby-army thing (Yeeeah, can't remember the name) in Final Fantasy 7
just before you get the sub.

I always had so much trouble with Abel in Street Fighter IV. For some reason he just annihilated me, while I could get perfects on a lot of other fighters (El Fuerte was a joke) Abel just repeatedly smashed my face.

That's all I can remember!

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
First time I fought Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. I wasn't wasn't really that high of a level so the previous fights were already difficult. Then, that music [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU] started playing. *Shutters* You know at first it seemed almost impossible, then he used Heartless Angel, and I died.

Runner up goes to Kurt Zisa [http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kurt_Zisa] who eviscerated me multiple times until I got his attack patterns down.

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
Sepheroth in ff7 in my first play through. I didn't have knights of the round. And I don't know how many people know this but Sepheroth's level is based on the level of Cloud, who on my first go was a much higher level than anyone else in my party. Him and the last boss of Prototype...I hope they fired whoever came up with the time limit idea...

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Most recently, I'd say the elite Grace & Glory from Bayonetta.

Also, Thresher Maws from Mass Effect because of how unpredictable they are, and the High Dragon from Dragon Age. Generally anything with an instant kill attack that isn't easy to dodge.

mackin1978

Nov 12, 2009
for me the hardest most unbeatable boss iv ever taken on is from the snes game shadowrun. it was the bloody jester or whatever it was in the ship. never could figure out how to beat the damn bugger and so, a quality game never got finished.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Demyx in Kingdom Hearts II always kicked my ass, what with his constant jumping across the arena and summoning water forms that need to be destroyed in a time limit.

he was possessed by Ansem, summons a false Keyblade and utterly kicks your ass

4nthr4x

Jun 5, 2010
Ndesu in Resident Evil 5, on Hard mode

unlike El Gigante in RE4 where you could run around and dodge, now you're stuck in a humvee and have to make a PERFECT run where every single bullet counts and a ton of Quick Time Events. I finished all other chapters on hard except this one, so I will never be able to unlock professional mode :mad:

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
The Eagle tower boss in Zelda:Link's awakening.
First of all,instead of a top down view,it became a side scroller pesperctive,so from the start you are disoriented.Secondly,the location.Its on the top of a tower,with no hand rails.If you fall,you have to get back up the ladder and fight him as he regained all his health.
And that fucking eagle takes advantage of that,he has an attack that pushes you off the ledge.If you didn't start running soon enough to counter the pushing effect,you find yourself slowly getting pushed back to your doom without anything you can do to change it.

I had to try to kill him so many times it stopped being annoying and just started being enraging.When I did kill that blasted oversized bird,I thought the worst the game had to offer was past.Little did I know Turtle Rock was the next dungeon.What a cruel game that was.