Norwegian Mass Murderer Defends Gaming Habits

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Freakout456 said:
Seriously Norway you can't let this guy live. Slaughtering one person is evil.......multiply that by nearly 80. They need to put him to death for justice against the families affected by this. I mean most of them were children; that is just sick.
Yeah the death penalty solves everything.
Yes, he's a sick person, but it really bugs me when people are in favour of executing someone to create a sense of justice or fulfil vengeance. Emotion really shouldn't be an influence in those decisions.

The_Waspman said:
Or is he talking about that song by Lana Del Rey? Because I heard that song and it made me want to kill someone.
Oh no you didn't

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
FamoFunk said:
I'm concerned he could get up to 21 years for murdering 77 people. 21 years.
"If he is found to be clinically insane, he can be held in psychiatric care for life and if he is found criminally guilty, the sentence can be extended (by five years at a time) if a parole board believes he still poses a threat to society."

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
FamoFunk said:
"If he is found to be clinically insane, he can be held in psychiatric care for life and if he is found criminally guilty, the sentence can be extended (by five years at a time) if a parole board believes he still poses a threat to society."
You didn't quote the bit where I said I hope he's locked up somewhere until he is dead, which was referring to the psychiatric care.

I do realise I should of been more clear in my original post. >.<

Although I do think he will be there for life. No normal person murders 77 people.

Bandvagn

Apr 19, 2010
"So? That means he'll be an old man by the time he gets out. Even with the shortest possible sentence and no extensions, his life would be over, except he likely wouldn't leave prison in a box."

Even if he does survive prison, going out will mean insta death, hes certainly far safer inside than outside.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
I just want to know what server he played one, and what faction.
Just to have the hopes that I might have kicked his ass once in PvP.

tpb

Sep 13, 2010
Can't read the whole thread.

I found it tragic comic thou when the press a couple of weeks after the incident wrote "he abused some artists music, listening to it while firing to keep in the correct state of mind"
While at the same time writing he used the violent game WoW.

Used/Abused

Guess the artist in question should be blamed as well while we are at it.
Could make the claim that the music was used and enabled him......

Xifel

Nov 28, 2007
Blablahb said:
So? That means he'll be an old man by the time he gets out. Even with the shortest possible sentence and no extensions, his life would be over, except he likely wouldn't leave prison in a box. I don't really see the added value of having a 70 year old sit in prison for longer than he already has at that point.
He is 33 year old now. He'll be 54 when he get out (which he won't, see my earlier reply). So not old man, more like late middleaged...

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Blablahb said:
You know the courts and media are messed up in the anti-gaming hype if even a delusional political extremist turned mass murderer can succesfully argue a point against them.

FamoFunk said:
So? That means he'll be an old man by the time he gets out. Even with the shortest possible sentence and no extensions, his life would be over, except he likely wouldn't leave prison in a box. I don't really see the added value of having a 70 year old sit in prison for longer than he already has at that point.

Rather worry that Christianity seems to be following in Islam's footsteps in regarding to spawning violent extremists. While violence is caused by any and all religion, Christianity seemed among the less harmfull ones at least in the context of western and northern Europe.
He's 32/33, so he'd be 53 when he's released, hardly an old Man. He'll still hold these views that caused him to murder and has said he'd do it again.

I think Norwegians would feel much safer knowing he's behind bars, even at 70.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah, he probably watched violent films too. Who gives a shit? Mountains being made out of fuck all, as usual.

In other news: Hitler used to have a shit most days. Can we really allow the regular pooers of the world to pass fecal matter unsupervised?!

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
It's madness that anyone feel the need to even consider running a story about games being the "cause" or means of training for the attacks. Similar to how the child services was blamed early on for not having snapped up Breivik as a troubled boy... WE DON'T IMPRISSON PEOPLE FOR BEING TROUBLED! Fuck, a massive amount of people are "troubled" to some extent. Similarily, there are millions upon millions of people that play videogames. Should we imprison all of these because there is "a chance they will commit acts of terrorism"?

Breiviks attacks have been blamed upon everything under the sun by Norwegian media and politicians. It's been the fault of 4 seperate instances of the government, and the entirety of government itself. It has been the fault of the prime minister (personally, somehow), the police intelegence service has been blamed for not preventing the attacks, the police was blamed for not acting quickly enough when the attacks happened...

Breiviks attacks is the fault of Breivik alone, and unless it turns out he was in league with someone he should recieve ALL the blame. Sure, we SHOULD better our procedures so that we may better prevent something like this in the future, but then let's do that! There is only one head that needs rolling in this instance...

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Dont even know why gaming has been brought in to the court room. Has zero to do with a man killing all those people. Dont know why the case is still continuing, he already said he did it.

My captcha said 'Stranger Danger'. lol

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
I find it amusing that a murderer makes more sense on the topic of video games and their supposed correlation with violence than any news media out there. I may feel he deserves punishment for his murders but that was a surprising moment of rationality, "Gaming is just a hobby. It is not a world you are engulfed by. It had nothing to do with the events of that day."

Now if only the news media would realize that.

Gypsybob

Jan 21, 2012
I bet he stood up when he pissed. Every man who stands up while pissing must therefore be a violent criminal. STOP STAND-UP PISSING NOW!!!!

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
Scrustle said:
If he had to move in with his mother because of financial hardship how did he have money to spend on a years worth of WoW subscriptions?

I guess it's useless to question the logic of this man given his actions.

(Oh yeah, 1000 posts. Go me!)
£10 a month is cheap for a hobby.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
WMDogma" post="7.371099.14352933 said:
On trial for killing 77 people in July of last year in one of the worst acts of mass murder ever committed, Anders Breivik recently refuted claims from a prosecutor that he was a financially bankrupt loser who spent years playing video games while living in his mother's home.
"I was not living with my mother. She was living with me!", the enraged Breivik shouted out in open court.

WMDogma" post="7.371099.14352933 said:
Furthermore, Breivik claimed he also moved back home to have more time for writing his manifesto, a 1,500 page collection of hate-filled rambles against multiculturalism in Europe and Islam, and that his supposed game addiction was just a cover for his other activities.
You can just imagine it, can't you? Him sitting in the basement while his mother stands at the top of the stairs shouting down.
"Anders, what are you doing down there? Are you writing hate speeches against Islam again?"
"No I'm not! I'm... uh... I'm... gaming addicted. Yes, I'm a hopeless video game addict, that's it! Hey, by the way have you seen my copy of 'Mein Kampf' somewhere? I need it for...um, Call of Duty."