Nosgoth Brings Multiplayer To Legacy Of Kain

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
Oh my god!

I have been waiting for a new LoK game for almost a decade, can't wait fo... wait... is... is that... am i reading that right?

...multiplayer?

What made the LoK series great were the unique dark setting and the great story, both of which are known to suffer the most in a multiplayer game. So why would they do this? Oh right, money, nevermind.

All i can do now is hope that they stay away from Kain, Raziel and The Pillars.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Azwrath said:
Oh my god!

I have been waiting for a new LoK game for almost a decade, can't wait fo... wait... is... is that... am i reading that right?

...multiplayer?

What made the LoK series great were the unique dark setting and the great story, both of which are known to suffer the most in a multiplayer game. So why would they do this? Oh right, money, nevermind.

All i can do now is hope that they stay away from Kain, Raziel and The Pillars.
From what I've gathered it is going to be separate from the Soul Reaver and Blood Omen series. But that still doesn't make me any less angry.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
Just no.

DON'T FUCK WITH MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you know how long I have been waiting for a new Legacy OF Kain game? TO FUCKING LONG!!!!!

I DO NOT WANT MULTIPLIER!!!!!!!!

*gets splashed with water* thank you I needed that.

I give up *face-palm*

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
From what I've gathered it is going to be separate from the Soul Reaver and Blood Omen series. But that still doesn't make me any less angry.
Yeah, it won't be a part of the Legacy of Kain series. More like a spinoff or something.

But still, the damned thing is called Nosgoth. Who would that name appeal to? Fans of the series, people who liked the past games enough to read on the lore. Which i find kind of ironic since those exact people are most likely going to hate this "multiplayer" travesty.

It is actually more like a kick in the balls for them/us since we have been waiting for a new LoK game for so long and then we get this... even tho we don't know much about it yet, if multiplayer is it's most prominent feature... well... balls.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Azwrath said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Yeah, it won't be a part of the Legacy of Kain series. More like a spinoff or something.

But still, the damned thing is called Nosgoth. Who would that name appeal to? Fans of the series, people who liked the past games enough to read on the lore. Which i find kind of ironic since those exact people are most likely going to hate this "multiplayer" travesty.

It is actually more like a kick in the balls for them/us since we have been waiting for a new LoK game for so long and then we get this... even tho we don't know much about it yet, if multiplayer is it's most prominent feature... well... balls.
Exactly. 10 years the fans have been waiting for a new Legacy of Kain game, and this is the crap they offer us. When this was announced I went on various gaming sites who had an article about the announcement to read comments from the fans, and not once in well over 100 comments, did I see a person say they liked the idea of this.

What annoys me most is when this game bombs, and let's face it, it probably will, Square Enix will probably wash their hands of the franchise completely. They will probably think that there is no interest in the franchise any more. So I think it's unlikely we'll ever see another single player, story focused Legacy of Kain game. Honestly, I would love for Naughty Dog to purchase the rights to Legacy of Kain. It would be right up their street, plus they could put Amy Hennig in charge of it. But I know that will never happen. :(

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
"What game was this, where every player on the board claimed the same pawn?" - Raziel