Notch Tweaking Minecraft's Endermen

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I'd rather he fix the bug that allows monsters to spawn on top of me when I try to sleep first.

But I gotta say I didn't really mind them, brought an extra sense of danger to the game.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Leviathan_ said:
Nerf them? I'd say they should be buffed and more powerful!
I agree with this, keep them as they are power wise, give them more health and make them a day mob as well, I want to be shitting my pants, not slicing through waves of them like an OP bastard, make me rue the day I looked at an enderman

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Endermen are wusses, I kill them by the dozen.

What really scares me...

... haunts my nightmares.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
This is why I hate all the Minecraft 'fans' that constantly complain about the game - they're gotten an interesting feature removed. I really liked seeing Endermen wandering around with blocks in their hands. Hopefully they'll still be able to pick up the natural landscape blocks.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I hope they keep the ability to move natural blocks. I liked that idea. Also I hope they give them new sound effects too. Making the same noises as zombies kind of takes away from the creepiness, they should have something scarier to fit their look.

MadHatter1993

Jul 28, 2009
man, i wished they were different, same look to them, but have a creepy music in background if you see one, and if you look at them they don't move, if you look away they move. basically doctor who weeping angels. only way to get rid of them is to return to home or bury yourself till morning, also i would have them mass up, basically multiply every time you looked away another one would be added when you turned around. that would freak me out. and they only come out at night.

Jun 11, 2008
I think a better way to deal with Endermen would be either to not let them move player made blocks or have them spawn after a couple of game days so that new players who just have a fort in the wall of a cliff can survive. It is fine for players who have a fort up and lots of light around to stop mobs from spawning and then to build a 3 block width moat around their house or something.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I quite like the idea that you'd have to do maintenance to keep your home in tip top shape, i'd rather he added a way to defend against endermen than just outright nerf them.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
I notice he said 'nerf', not 'remove'.

They'll likely remove blocks slower, rather than stop removing them altogether. Make it a longer, more drawn out process.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
So far I've only seen a few moving around with bits of tree in their hands, but I like the idea of them doing damage. I mean, what possible excuse do we have for even building our doom fortresses if a single closed wooden door makes us invulnerable to everything?

I say make them tougher and add more hostile, destructive mobs. Bring them on and give me a proper survival challenge.

McPulse

Mar 23, 2011
That ability is the best in the game. There's nothing better than waiting for an Enderman to pick up a block of leaves or ice that a player can't, snipe them and take the block for your own! Im building an ice palace atm based on Enderman spoils.

Salizer

Nov 25, 2009
So far the only damages from Endermen on my map was some trees missing some of their trunk, so I haven´t been really bothered by them since I light up my building areas :)

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
What they need is the sound effect from Legend of Zelda where if you look at them they screech at you like the redeads from OOT. That would be scary.

Also, I prefer to build stuff and mine so I turn mob off, the first time I came across a blue spider was exciting and all that, but after spending over 9 hours digging out an abandoned mine I would rather just walk past one of the hundred spawners I have found while digging.

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
I live in cave that I walled off and only 2 natural blocks seperate me from the creepers so this still bones me, but actually it is fun to spend the night fending off mobs.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I'm kind of relieved. That power seems extremely unfair to the player, and is nothing more than an annoyance.