NPC you couldn't bring yourself to kill or mourned the death of

No Nosferatu

Dec 7, 2009
Another one is Ghost in Modern Warfare 2. I went to the museum after that and killed Shepard at least 5000 times.

TomCorf

Jul 24, 2009
When you kill Carlos in Saints Row 2. I really felt pissed at my character for doing that. Or when you have to kill Mikhail in GTA IV. For some reason I just had to walk away... but then he started to run off so I thought 'you coward' and shot him off the roof onto the fire escape. That was awsome.

NOTE: If your gonna veiw this thread or any other threads like this, use your common sense and dont ***** about spoilers because this thread is devoted to how people die.

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
when I had to kill a prostitute and a house owner (inself defense although I did break the law) in fable 2 (long story short I hired a hooker and slept in the wrong house) I felt really bad about that because it was a dark stain on my otherwise good track record.

EDIT: it was in bloodstone. so i couldnt repent for it.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Paul Denton I had to do it cause I was trying to be a total douche...

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
It's always shit when any of my ME2 chars die.

Also, in Fallout 3, the sherrif Megaton. I always let him get killed by burke and then kill burke just to get their guns/Burke's awesome hat. Then I kind of feel bad :(, untill I see my brand new Chinese Assault rifle :D

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
PuppetMaster said:
Carlos SR2

CARLOOOOOOOOS!!
He was so young... So full of life.
Why didn't I call an ambulance instead of shooting him in the face?

OT: That scene would have gone great with Live and Let Die (the song not the novel).

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Nimirum said:
Ghouls from Fallout 3. Due to a tight economy I chose to murder the female ghoul Greta in order to get Charon's work contract... it felt so bad to do it. Her corpse even persisted in lying outside the Underworld all through the game, just to remind me to feel bad about myself.

I also tried playing the game through being "super evil", but stopped once I reached that Penny-whatshisname Tower and I had to fight the ghouls. The fact that it's only an hour into the game goes to show how much I suck at being evil.
Three Dog said it best "That fucking asshole murdering dickhole fixed our antenna relay! way to go!"

well, it sounded like that to me anyway

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I have nothing to add to the discussion, but the shortened version of the topic title on the front page appears as "NPC you couldn't bring yourself to kill or mourn", which made me think it was about NPCs that you either were supposed to enjoy killing but didn't because they were cool or NPCs that you were supposed to feel bad about their death but they were so annoying you were like FINALLY.

PuppetMaster said:
Carlos SR2
Lin's death in SR is much better. Actually, most of the characters in the first SR are better. That's the one thing that didn't get better in the sequel.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
CivilWar said:
Companion Cube!!!! :'(

Someone I couldn't WAIT to get rid of was Rose, your sister in Fable II. When she came back for that one side mission near the end, I almost went nuts with anger!
Also...
Am I the only one who can't stand Alyx Vance?
Dude it was just an illusion, not Rose.

And yes, I can't stand Alyx Vance

I beat Walter the water purifier technician to death in Fallout 3 the first time I was in Megaton. I felt a pang of regret when I couldn't do the side mission for caps.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
when Tali died during the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2, I was really upset since I got her off the hook in her trial and pursued her romantically and everything only for her to die because I accidentally picked her do do something due greasy fingers while I was making a choice.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
all the allies in FC2
i really didnt want to kill them
also, halos take 3 hours longer with me cos i count ever npc that follows me
I shoot them dead for there weapons and ammo...

Although it is much harder to do in Halo 3 because the only time a marine can do any damage at all to anything is when they are gunning for your ass cause you killed two of their mates.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Your non-invincible allies in the original Call of Duty, id always restart and save their asses.

Seven years later and they still havent made better teammate AI, sure there not perfect but at least they can actually kill stuff.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
generic gamer said:
ma55ter_fett said:
The Cheezy One said:
all the allies in FC2
i really didnt want to kill them
also, halos take 3 hours longer with me cos i count ever npc that follows me
I shoot them dead for there weapons and ammo...

Although it is much harder to do in Halo 3 because the only time a marine can do any damage at all to anything is when they are gunning for your ass cause you killed two of their mates.
Ever stuck them in the back of a quad bike with a fuel rod cannon? They get infinite ammo and are scarily accurate!
I was refering to "boots on the ground" marines. While it is true that a marine makes a kick ass gunner for you warthog or a great quadbike gunner (rockets and fuelrod as you said) the moment they step off that machine they become a menace. A marine armed with a heavy weapon will as soon shoot you in the back with a rocket to take out a single grunt as they will to take out a chopper bearing down on you.

I still say kill em, loot em, and forget em.