Obligatory

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Hopefully he has better luck than when Stan tried it with Wendy...

And while we're on the subject of evil mantises...

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
I don't understand the joke.
Did you read the comic before this one? That might help if you didn't already.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10282-Conflict-of-Interest

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Clankenbeard said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Not sure if it's just me, but the artstyle just went up- like the quality is really splendid (or maybe the shadowing and texture of Erin is what made it appear to look really good to me, movie quality stuff). Ether way, I liked this comic. Even giant mantises are ... . um, people too... .. I think?
THIS. The coloring on Erin in the shadows with highlighted upper outline from window lighting is freakin' awesome! You've come so far from "bro-splosion".
Thank you so much! Yea I was really happy with how this one came out, specifically the shading. This was a test run of a slightly different shading technique that I will work on implementing more in the future, though it is still in its infancy.

I'm happy so many people seemed to notice :D

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Does anyone else think the poor love struck mantis is just a regular guy that she's turning into a mantis because he works for Activision? I have trouble deciding what's funnier, that situation, or him just being a Mantis and people only care that he works for a bad company as opposed to him being a bro with the alien cockroach from MIB. Anyway the art today was awesome and Erin with the hair down is a welcome switch even if only for one comic. =)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
damn it y am i hung up on the fact i can't fathom how that mantis can physically get in his car and drive!

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
I like how in comments so far Activision is compared to the evil in the 5th Element. Also remeber male preying matis get eatern by the females... if that is a male? and i'm not sure where this logic leads but i feel its important somehow.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
What song is that playing on the boombox?
Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes," as made famous by the Boombox scene from the movie Say Anything that this strip references.

...You know, I've never actually heard the original. I should probably at some point.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
gigastar said:
WaitWHAT said:
Considering the Mantis' habit of eating its mate and young, I'd give it a miss.
Only females do that. Males are too small to overpower them.
Fun fact, males often let females do it because a female that eats her mate is less likely to mate with another male thus increasing gene expression in the next generation.