Oh dear...

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
So i just found out some "rapper" named lil wayne (no idea who he is) is going to prison for having an illegal firearm and weed on him, now he has been sentaced to a year (as far as i know) BUT!! i saw a a group on facebook to get 1 million people to sign a petition ro get his sentance reduced because he is a celeb.

so my question here is this: do celebs deserve reduced sentances?? why? or should the get harsher ones as they are (sorta) role models to kids? all other opinions welcome!

EDIT: I forgot to add what i think, i think he should serve the full time ( i also happen to think that his sentance is not long enough)

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Neither. They should be treated based upon their crime and nothing else. They are just people like everyone else no matter how many people know their name or how much money they have, and they should be treated as such.

Apr 28, 2008
Fuck no they don't deserve reduced sentences. Just because your famous doesn't mean you should be excused from breaking the law.

Even if this particular offence is just stupid and should have a short sentence anyway.

By the way, what "illegal firearm" was he carrying?

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Do celebrities deserve reduced sentences? Fuck no.

Do they inevitably get reduced sentences? Of course.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No, of course they don't.

If they break the law, they shouldn't get special treatment because they're supposedly above the average person.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Irridium said:
Fuck no they don't deserve reduced sentences. Just because your famous doesn't mean you should be excused from breaking the law.

Even if this particular offence is just stupid and should have a short sentence anyway.

sorry i do not have the answer to this question as it did not state the firearm

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Legion said:
Neither. They should be treated based upon their crime and nothing else. They are just people like everyone else no matter how many people know their name or how much money they have, and they should be treated as such.
^^This^^

Everyone gets punished the same. Why should people with money or power get treated differently if they break the law? How come we let them get away with it?

[sub][sub]Your posts make sense. I'm considering joining your legion.[/sub][/sub]

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Once again; no, they do not. People should be punished based on their crime, not on who they are.

Of course, a mere year for carrying an illegal firearm seems like a lax sentence in the first place, but I could be wrong.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Irridium said:

40. Calibre semi automatic gun according to this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/09/rapper-lil-wayne-prison-rikers-island

OT: Celebs should serve full time. Their status does not exclude them from the law. Besides, if he actually stated that he would serve the full time, and admitting what he had done (what ever he did do) was wrong, he might be looked upon even better.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
FargoDog said:
Julianking93 said:
No, of course they don't.

If they break the law, they shouldn't get special treatment because they're supposedly above the average person.
Well they should get special treatment. That special treatment being an extended prison sentence almost entirely spent within the confines of a coffin buried underground, with the only form of oxygen and nourishment being provided through a drinking straw.
In all honesty, I was going to say that....but I figured it would be too harsh >>

But yes, if anything, they should be made an example of with even harsher sentences.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
This is old news man...happened months ago.

But yeah, standard answer, he deserves no less.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Well on one hand, a truly free society would be allowed to carry a gun and recreational drugs on them. On the other hand, little Wayne is a massive wanker.

I am undecided on the issue.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
All I gotta say is what the hell xD If anything, they should get more punishment because of their function as a role model, or at least inspiration to easily impressable people.

The way it is now is kids going "Whoa, I'm gonna take drugs and beat women, and if I do it really good I won't go to jail as long as daddy"