Oh dear...

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Mr.Wiggles said:
Lacsapix said:
tomtom94 said:
Do celebrities deserve reduced sentences? Fuck no.

Do they inevitably get reduced sentences? Of course.
I have to agree with you.....
Mackheath said:
tomtom94 said:
Do celebrities deserve reduced sentences? Fuck no.

Do they inevitably get reduced sentences? Of course.
This. Money talks, bullshit walks.
I think your all forgetting the case of a Mr. Wesley Snipes.

He served the longest sentence possible under the bracket for tax evasion. Many people still claim to this day, that he served longer than was necessary. In fact, it is widely believed that he was made example of BECAUSE of his 'celebrity status'.
Examples need to be set and if you commit a crime, you pay the penalty. Simple.

(All I know is, it meant we didn't get any more Blade films)

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
"Law is mind without reason ... "

A quote from him about it. He deserves a longer sentence just for the rubbish statements he comes out with.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Of course they should.

Celebrities are more important than you or I.

I mean, they can sing.

Darkblazer

Dong Mauler
Jun 16, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy he's never heard of lil wayne? Shit sonnnn

To be honest it all depends on the severity of the charges.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
He doesn't deserve a reduced sentence for being a celebrity, nobody should be exempt from the law. He'll probably be out earlier than most people in his situation would, though, just because he's that rich and famous. It's unfortunate, but that's the world we choose to live in.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
WrongSprite said:
This is old news man...happened months ago.

But yeah, standard answer, he deserves no less.
Sorry :( i only found out today through the silly facebook group (don't hate me)

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Darkblazer said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy he's never heard of lil wayne? Shit sonnnn

To be honest it all depends on the severity of the charges.
sorry im not as hip and cool as i used to be

Hastur 1993

Oct 3, 2010
No, this guy should be given the same sentance as any other criminal celebrity or not.

But my cynical self says that he will probably get off on a reduced sentance it usually works like that unfortunatly, he will probably try and fool the saps amongst us with a story about how he has turned to god and has changed his ways for the better until the sentance gets revoked then he will just go back to doing his crimes again.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
FargoDog said:
Society needs to make an example, and no better example can be made than of celebrities, especially when so many of them and their fans think they're above the law.

I seem to recall Lindsay Lohan was caught with cocaine and was out of jail in under 72 hours. If that was any member of society who wasn't famous, they would be in there for at the very least a year. I can't stand the pedestal people put celebrities on, and as such deserve harsher punishments.

Good God, I would be a horrible leader.
And in an attempt to be like their "heroes" they too think themselves above the law.

Celebrities set wretched examples on their own and when they constantly get arrested for shit like drug possession, illegal weapon possession or any number of things, yet they get very little punishment due to their celeb status and their bullshit whining, it just makes things worse.

It's the same with Paris Hilton. Hasn't she been arrested something round 10 times now and only went to jail for a little bit despite the fact that if any other person did the same thing, they would have been in jail for at least 20+ years

It may make for a bad leader, but at least it's just....sorta

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
ELCTea said:
WrongSprite said:

Sorry :( i only found out today through the silly facebook group (don't hate me)
Yo, I found a Facebook group called 'suport gud spellin' fairly recently. That had more members than I cared to count, so Facebook groups do not represent the opinions of the general populace.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
If possible, they should appear in court anonymously, and neither the judge nor the jury should see them until the end. That would be very hard to do though.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
Yeah, celebs do deserve lesser sentences. They're not the same as normal people-- they have many dimensions of image to be concerned about.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Course not. Celebs are normal people just like the rest of us no matter what the world thinks. Of course in this age, money has power over everything so yay. And hes getting out pretty soon. I think either this month or next hes going to be out of jail.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Irridium said:
Fuck no they don't deserve reduced sentences. Just because your famous doesn't mean you should be excused from breaking the law.

Even if this particular offence is just stupid and should have a short sentence anyway.

By the way, what "illegal firearm" was he carrying?
I'm guessing it was unlicensed, or maybe he himself doesn't have a license.

Anyway, they shouldn't get preferential treatment. Neither should they get worse sentences because they're a role model, because what about accidental celebrities? Or people who never, ever claimed to be role models?

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Thyunda said:
ELCTea said:
WrongSprite said:

Yo, I found a Facebook group called 'suport gud spellin' fairly recently. That had more members than I cared to count, so Facebook groups do not represent the opinions of the general populace.
errr yes i know i was just saying that i saw a group and thats the only way i found out.