Oh hey, MovieBob got fired (Or let go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm just exhausted, so I'd much rather see people giving us feedback about what they'd like to see "next" instead of harking back on the past and stirring up unneeded drama.
There is likely still a contingent of people who are desperate to dance on this site's grave so they can proclaim "this is what they get for not agreeing with me 100% on (political event/position)!".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
2008? Have you heard of the concept "Statute of limitations"?
Don't care. A shitty action is a shitty action. I don't make pathetic excuses that boil down to "that was a long time ago". Either own up to your mistakes or wrong doings or don't. That shows what kind of person you are.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Don't care. A shitty action is a shitty action. I don't make pathetic excuses that boil down to "that was a long time ago". Either own up to your mistakes or wrong doings or don't. That shows what kind of person you are.
How do you know he hasn't owned them up already? You said you don't know the details. Chances are that's one of them...

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Not really? These are private forums with very strict rules and active moderators. And everyone is using a fake name, and its very hard to view the forum without being a member.
That's kinda different than social media.
Yes, really. Or what do you mean with social media?

I am not sure what you mean when you say that it is "very hard" to view the forum without being a member. I tried using the web browser I am not logged on on this site in, there was no problem in visiting the forums.
I agree. It's as easy to create an account in the Escapist as it's in YouTube. Here isn't even like other sites that don't accept you if your email address is in Yahoo, Gmail or other free email service. I doubt the Escapist moderation would be as effective if it also had millions of posts daily like YouTube does.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How do you know he hasn't owned them up already? You said you don't know the details. Chances are that's one of them...
Last I checked, he didn't (2017). I know he owned up to that stupid Kevin Smith rant, his Twliight reviews when acting negative towards the fandom and the actors (only doing there job and nothing else), and the insults he threw towards Megan Fox ( which was on and off). I would not be surprised if he forgot the Screw Attack situation or wants to forget. From what I've seen recently...nada. Unless you or someone else bothers to find something, I do not want hear it. End of discussion. I am not trying to come off as jerk, but I am sick and tired people making excuses for shitty behavior or the "long time ago" phrase, when the person in the wrong tries to hide it or refuses to bring it up as if they did nothing wrong.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I grew up being told that you shouldn't post anything on the internet you wouldn't be comfortable with your employer seeing. It seems along the way that bit of advice has been lost. Lol.
I grew up with the internet back before people really had any idea what to do with it. Although I didn't really start using it a lot till browsers were available. I do remember using ftp to download games onto my moms mac from university ftp sites.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Last I checked, he didn't (2017). I know he owned up to that stupid Kevin Smith rant, his Twliight reviews when acting negative towards the fandom and the actors (only doing there job and nothing else), and the insults he threw towards Megan Fox ( which was on and off). I would not be surprised if he forgot the Screw Attack situation or wants to forget. From what I've seen recently...nada. Unless you or someone else bothers to find something, I do not want hear it. End of discussion. I am not trying to come off as jerk, but I am sick and tired people making excuses for shitty behavior or the "long time ago" phrase, when the person in the wrong tries to hide it or refuses to bring it up as if they did nothing wrong.
If people just applied such rigorous standards to presidential candidates, a third party would had won on 2016.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If people just applied such rigorous standards to presidential candidates, a third party would had won on 2016.
I 'm not "people". I am just person with his own set of standards. Everyone's got them. Plus, that has nothing to do with Bob and that is flinging away criticism. If you think I'm bad, there extended family far worse than me. Most are cool and have lax standards, but everyone has their limits

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Plus, that has nothing to do with Bob and that is flinging away criticism.
Seeing that a lot of criticism sent towards Bob is completely made up (like literally photoshoped criticisms), it's a safe bet to fling outdated points away and focus in more relevant points.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Seeing that a lot of criticism sent towards Bob is completely made up (like literally photoshoped criticisms), it's a safe bet to fling outdated points away and focus in more relevant points.
They ain't out dated because, the mother fucker never learns from his mistakes most of the time. Keeps doing the same shit over and over again. If you want to defend to high heaven, I do not care.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
They ain't out dated because, the mother fucker never learns from his mistakes most of the time. Keeps doing the same shit over and over again. If you want to defend to high heaven, I do not care.
How many times did he cheat after 2008?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I googled 'moviebob "photoshopped" criticism' and only found your post from a v1 thread claiming "photoshopped quotes"

He's still benefiting from "that one little cheat" all those years ago. Chances are, if he didn't cheat, he wouldn't have been picked up from The Escapist.
Doing something dishonest in order to gain an opportunity or improve your life doesn't 'go away' unless you relinquish what you "earned".

Last edited:
Reactions: CM156

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Really.....

Yep, we're done here. If you want constantly suck his dick and make excuses, go for it and waste your time on that. I am done with this thread. I commented enough already and going to move on to fun things.

I googled 'moviebob "photoshopped" criticism' and only found your post from a v1 thread claiming "photoshopped quotes"

He's still benefiting from "that one little cheat" all those years ago. Chances are, if he didn't cheat, he wouldn't have been picked up from The Escapist.
Doing something dishonest in order to gain an opportunity or improve your life doesn't 'go away' unless you relinquish what you earned.
Thank you.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
I grew up being told that you shouldn't post anything on the internet you wouldn't be comfortable with your employer seeing. It seems along the way that bit of advice has been lost. Lol.
That's the rule I follow on social media for the most part, even on sites I can't link here because they're essentially social media sites that focus on sex and sexuality.

Course, now that I'm self employed don't have a real social media presence for my work, I've gotten a bit lax in some areas even in my SFW stuff.
Yea, I was generalizing. I was born in 95 lol and my parents were helicopter parents always reminding me to never put private information online...little did they know what was coming with the launch of Myspace and AIM LOL.
Back in my day, we didn't have social media!

(That not a swipe at you, just a weird feeling of being on this site long enough to realize you would have been in high school when I made my account on the v1 Escapist.)

But in my days as an ancient 32 year old I've had only a few social media accounts: here (yes, forums count), a site I cannot link, facebook (now inactive), tumblr (now inactive), and twitter (joined after tumblr decided to de facto purge sex workers, artists, and models due to the disproportionate affect it had on queer people). Most of those I joined and left in the last 5 years.

You do now. This happened back in 2008, before getting involved with The Escapists.
Was it against the rules to ask your followers to join a site to vote for your work in a contest? Because that is pretty much a normal practice among almost all content creators. A lot of artists, models, webcomic authors, writers, etc. use their various platform to promote the contest and ask for followers to vote for them. I literally see these things a few times a month on my followed accounts on twitter. Self promotion is a major part of being a viable content creator regardless of what you're creating.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
And the proof was in an even older post.

Doing something dishonest in order to gain an opportunity or improve your life doesn't 'go away' unless you relinquish what you "earned".
True, but irrelevant to the accusation of "Keeps doing the same shit over and over again" regarding the 2008's little cheat.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Was it against the rules to ask your followers to join a site to vote for your work in a contest? Because that is pretty much a normal practice among almost all content creators. A lot of artists, models, webcomic authors, writers, etc. use their various platform to promote the contest and ask for followers to vote for them. I literally see these things a few times a month on my followed accounts on twitter. Self promotion is a major part of being a viable content creator regardless of what you're creating.
Was not the case back then, based on the rule parameters Screw Attack set up.

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
I just got wind of this. Isn't this like the 2nd time he left the Escapist? I do remember enjoying his content but I didn't idolize him or anything. I didn't knew who he was like behind the scenes but reading this thread kind of put things into perspective for me and I don't mind if the Escapist kicks out a toxic person.

It just means I have a better chance of being hired by the Escapist *winkwinknudgenudge*

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It just means I have a better chance of being hired by the Escapist *winkwinknudgenudge*
I liked GameTrailers, because everybody could be a creator and upload their videos. It was a focused place where you could go to watch gaming-related videos, instead of filtering through all of Youtube.

Shame it died.

Status
Not open for further replies.