Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

pandaOO

May 22, 2016
hello everyone

i remember a game i play when i was young(around 1998-2001) on my uncle's pc, the game was about a group of people probably friends either stuck on an island or on vacation where they have to survive more like a visual novel game but also have a rpg type game as well where you have to fight the animal in the forest. i can't remember the title hopefully there is someone who knows here.

V0idKing

Just a sad frog passing by
Jun 12, 2014
Krick Suriken said:
Hello escapist forum people

I'm trying to find an old online 2D (flash?) game, maybe older than 2000 at least, this is what i remember about it:

-A kid/boy wearing light blue clothes, including a (turned around) cap of same color, maybe some dark blue clothes too, i vaguely remember. Maybe his clothes were light green instead of light blue i can't recall clearly

-Scenario was a laboratory with colorful chemicals and weird creatures (monsters?) to interact with, the idea was to quit that place/room solving puzzles

-Game was with mouse alone, clicking objects/items to reproduce action-animation

-Game art was cartoon-like, similar to some cartoon network series i think

-i remember there were several games of this, up to 4 I think

-I remember one where the kid was imprisoned in kind of an alien laboratory, if he did a suspicious move (i remember he yelled or something like that) he was electrocuted immediately by an alien that was working in a computer and taking notes, I remember changing wires circuits in order to electrocute the alien, I don't remember if there were more aliens. I remember that one used a pen to draw a symbol (an eye maybe?) in one's forehead in order to be scanned by a blue screen machine and exit that place (kid could come back and draw stuff in alien face I recall)

-In another game of this I speak about, a purple gorilla-like creature was scratching itself, I had to make an exchange with creature in order to obtain that something it used to scratch itself. Almost completing game I remember that gorilla-like monster helps the kid to reach wires or something like that?.

-First game was definitely on laboratory and I had to make color mixing as a puzzle, it was in order to paint one of the creatures in purple or dark pink? maybe to open or activate something. Oh and primary colors were the ones I used I remember

This is what I can remember of this game, I hope I was clear. Thanks for your help, i can?t really find this game.

I'll be editing and updating in case i remember more details.

I?m still to learn a lot of English language so I hope I did well...
Hello! One of the games you are looking for is "No.5" and information about the series can be found here:

http://jayisgames.com/review/3wish-adventure.php

If you just want to play it again, i have found the game in this page:

http://www.purely-games.com/ufo_escape_game.html

Have fun with the nostalgia =)

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
stoeckli1 said:
Hi there,

A long time ago i played a game, which I can't remember now but i t was awesome.
I think it was a PC Game, 2D Platformer and the protagonist was something like a ghost, which could somehow transform into the enemy creatures. There was an enemy on a pogostick. The game should be released in early to mid of the 00s but could be older. Sorry for the undetailed description. Thanks for answering
Does anyone know this game?
Obake (2004)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMIYDaJP-I

Roni Dogan

May 22, 2016
Hello to the community, I'm glad I found this open forum; when I was a kid, we had an old windows PC (probably 98 and then XP) on which I used to play a game with a ladybug.
The ladybug is central to the game. What does she do? Climb a tree, simple as that. But she will have to encounter some serious troubling other insects. She has to fight them. I can't really remember how, but it was probably 2D game, which unrolled vertically.

What do you think? Can you find it to me? It'd change my life.

Roni Dogan

May 22, 2016
pandaOO said:
hello everyone

i remember a game i play when i was young(around 1998-2001) on my uncle's pc, the game was about a group of people probably friends either stuck on an island or on vacation where they have to survive more like a visual novel game but also have a rpg type game as well where you have to fight the animal in the forest. i can't remember the title hopefully there is someone who knows here.
I remember playing this too ! haha

stoeckli1

May 18, 2016
diablo rules said:
stoeckli1 said:
Hi there,

A long time ago i played a game, which I can't remember now but i t was awesome.
I think it was a PC Game, 2D Platformer and the protagonist was something like a ghost, which could somehow transform into the enemy creatures. There was an enemy on a pogostick. The game should be released in early to mid of the 00s but could be older. Sorry for the undetailed description. Thanks for answering
Does anyone know this game?
Obake (2004)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMIYDaJP-I
That's it, thanks so much!

AmanyS

May 22, 2016
Hello everyone :)
My game that I tried to search for it was a PC game a strategy one that I played a demo of it on 2000 But for this game it was like yesterday
its environment slimier to Age of Empires 1
it has a map to discover and the building at first are just tents (house tents, hospital tent, ...)
and when a discover more of the map I find a Dinosaur Eggs that I can take them and hatch them (in the hospital tent) and make them your bets (the dinosaur has red lines and was on the poster of the game)
and they feed on the trees to open me the paths on the map

Hopefully someone can help me to find the name of this game :)

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
AmanyS said:
My game that I tried to search for it was a PC game a strategy one that I played a demo of it on 2000 But for this game it was like yesterday
it has a map to discover and the building at first are just tents (house tents, hospital tent, ...)
and when a discover more of the map I find a Dinosaur Eggs that I can take them and hatch them (in the hospital tent) and make them your bets (the dinosaur has red lines and was on the poster of the game)

ParaWorld (2006)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ZSRtAhimM

Bowson9

May 19, 2016
V0idKing said:
Bowson9 said:
Hello everyone! I am looking for this game quite a while now so i hope you can help me! I last played it around 2005 (-2, +2 years) on pc, it was a 3d non rpg sort of open world ( meaning there was not endless exploration, you would play on separate levels and complete a main quest in each) first person ( or over the shoulder)game, ( you can only see the hands of the character i think). Its a fantasy game with classes and i remember playing mage ( or its just one hero and it depends on you how you build him), but i had staffs, like staff of storms that would shoot thunder, staff of decay or death that shoot black stuff, the incinerator that would burn and had a sun as a crown for the staff, a purple-ish psychic one i think and more. Left mouse button was the standard attack, simple bolts customized for each staff and right mouse button was like the special ability of the staff where you could throw bigger stuff.. I remember playing on a harbor or smth i think i had to save some people, during i think the night and this was possibly the second location i visited-i cant remember at all how the game started it but it was with a simple staff and the next staff was i think a nature one before the cool ones came- and then another location i clearly remember a remote place maybe on a lake? Where the quest was that you had to consult with a powerful mage (his house was wooden and i think i can surely remember water) but you find him trapped in a device facing three switches and you had to pick the right one, but it was none of these and he would die every time. The correct switch was hidden under a staircase i think it was kinda weird to find.i think i was able to complete it so maybe it wasn't a huge game ..
Thats all i remember sadly, i hope its enough for someone to help me. Thank you to anyone who will! :D
I think the game you are looking for is Enclave. You can see the staircase part here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpCtFK1XhBM

At 7:44 in the video.

Oh my good God this is IT! Thank you thank you thank you sir, ever so much! Thank you! :D

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Roni Dogan said:
Hello to the community, I'm glad I found this open forum; when I was a kid, we had an old windows PC (probably 98 and then XP) on which I used to play a game with a ladybug.
The ladybug is central to the game. What does she do? Climb a tree, simple as that. But she will have to encounter some serious troubling other insects. She has to fight them. I can't really remember how, but it was probably 2D game, which unrolled vertically.

What do you think? Can you find it to me? It'd change my life.
sounds a lot like

Noboranka (aka Zippy Bug) (1986)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_VanJf7ueg

but that is way too older...

AmanyS

May 22, 2016
StatusNil said:
AmanyS said:

ParaWorld (2006)?

oooh :D it's really slimier to it Thank you :D
But mine older than that and has tents and I hatch the eggs that I find in the map (i don't remember well but I think sometimes I need to kill its mother that is protecting it)

bluedragonfly

May 22, 2016
Hi, Hoping someone can help me find the name of a game that i've been looking for with no success. Not sure if it was through Real Arcade or something like that,was definitely a downloaded game rather than a disc purchase, it was a 2d game, probably bout 10 years ago, was a fox or wolf and had to go around collecting keys and gems to get through to next level. Sometimes your path was blocked by water or rocks and you could slide these to squish spiders or step across the water. For some reason the name fitz/fritz? comes to mind, but no luck finding it with that.. :( Hoping someone can put me out my searching misery and put a smile on my face!
Thank you!

Appleton

May 22, 2016
I can't remember the system, but it was somewhere in the year of 2000 and 2002 probably. You drove around on a motorcycle, and you hit them with a bat. I'm not sure if that's all you could use, but you definitely could use a bat. At the end when you lost there was a women in the restroom by someone with their head near the toilet beaten up I think.

Enderiv

Jan 22, 2016
Enderiv said:
Enderiv said:
Lemming said:
Hi guys! I've been looking for a PC-game for a while now and hope you can help me - although there's not much I remember. I don't know if it was a download-file or a CD, but it was on Windows 95. You played as a little red creature with big yellow eyes (I think that creature wore a light blue hat / cap). That creature had to pass a maze-like level and collect some things (for extra points...but I don't even remember what those things were) on the way to the goal. Yeah, that's it.... As I said, not much information at all, but I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about (-;
Hi, I'm also looking for this game and have something to add. This games music was children's music and just had melodies like I've been working on the railroad. Like stated before it's a game with a little red dude with 2 legs but no arms, big yellow eyes with black pupils, a light blue sleeping cap and looks almost exactly like q-bert.
Still looking for this so, bump.
I finally found this game myself, the game is called zeek.

Enderiv

Jan 22, 2016
Enderiv said:
Enderiv said:
Lemming said:
Hi guys! I've been looking for a PC-game for a while now and hope you can help me - although there's not much I remember. I don't know if it was a download-file or a CD, but it was on Windows 95. You played as a little red creature with big yellow eyes (I think that creature wore a light blue hat / cap). That creature had to pass a maze-like level and collect some things (for extra points...but I don't even remember what those things were) on the way to the goal. Yeah, that's it.... As I said, not much information at all, but I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about (-;
Hi, I'm also looking for this game and have something to add. This games music was children's music and just had melodies like I've been working on the railroad. Like stated before it's a game with a little red dude with 2 legs but no arms, big yellow eyes with black pupils, a light blue sleeping cap and looks almost exactly like q-bert.
Still looking for this so, bump.
I finally found this game myself, the game is called zeek the geek.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
AmanyS said:
StatusNil said:
AmanyS said:

ParaWorld (2006)?

oooh :D it's really slimier to it Thank you :D
But mine older than that and has tents and I hatch the eggs that I find in the map (i don't remember well but I think sometimes I need to kill its mother that is protecting it)

maybe

Jurassic War (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZStWcol24

Jonathan Heath III

May 22, 2016
I actually have 3 games I've been looking for, for a long time now.

The first comes from when I was much younger. I don't know the console, but it was an action fighting game. The stage select was left to right, and started as a tiki like character, using magic to fight other npc characters. I remember there were themed characters, such as leprechan bonus challenge battle where you unlocked him. There were powerups on the ground, and the battle fields were various islands. It may have been pc but it was so long ago I wouldn't remember.

The second was a game I had played once which was really cool. It was rpg style I believe where you would go into the basement of a castle and put map pieces down in a big gallery like room. There was a map with a volcano on it, a fire queen inside. That's about all I remember about it. For the most part you could collect map pieces by completing the story, but some were hidden, and there were special bonus maps that were hard to get to.

The last one is an old puzzle horrer game. You start as a boy in a warped vision of his house as you run around trying to solve puzzles to escape from (I believe a dream/nightmare.) Early on you can venture outside where there was pumpkin enemies (couldn't kill them when I played) and another building you could walk in where you found your sister was much smaller and trapped in a bird cage. The ground seemed to have small path ways that only she could travel through. I know this game used a CD to play, In my search I thought it might be sega cd/saturn or ps1 but I can't figure it out.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Appleton said:
I can't remember the system, but it was somewhere in the year of 2000 and 2002 probably. You drove around on a motorcycle, and you hit them with a bat. I'm not sure if that's all you could use, but you definitely could use a bat. At the end when you lost there was a women in the restroom by someone with their head near the toilet beaten up I think.
it has to be some of the Road Rash series, for example checkout the PC version

Road Rash (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHLH5OB0GQ

Djordje Milosevic

May 22, 2016
I played this game on my computer around 10 years ago
i remember it as an old tabletop 2d rpg game
You wake up at your home go to the school were you meet a mage and a centurion
later you go to some castle where you fight someone
combat is pretty easy
Later on you get a rat as a companion I know it sounds pretty strange i don't remember much more
Now you fight a Necromancer/Dark lord of some sort at the end of chapter one
And chapter two starts with you and approximately 20 party members on a boat
Remember that it was an a CD with many more games sadly i lost that CD but still remember this game and Fifa 97 and the adams family XD

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Jonathan Heath III said:
I actually have 3 games I've been looking for, for a long time now.

The first comes from when I was much younger. I don't know the console, but it was an action fighting game. The stage select was left to right, and started as a tiki like character, using magic to fight other npc characters. I remember there were themed characters, such as leprechan bonus challenge battle where you unlocked him. There were powerups on the ground, and the battle fields were various islands. It may have been pc but it was so long ago I wouldn't remember.

The second was a game I had played once which was really cool. It was rpg style I believe where you would go into the basement of a castle and put map pieces down in a big gallery like room. There was a map with a volcano on it, a fire queen inside. That's about all I remember about it. For the most part you could collect map pieces by completing the story, but some were hidden, and there were special bonus maps that were hard to get to.

The last one is an old puzzle horrer game. You start as a boy in a warped vision of his house as you run around trying to solve puzzles to escape from (I believe a dream/nightmare.) Early on you can venture outside where there was pumpkin enemies (couldn't kill them when I played) and another building you could walk in where you found your sister was much smaller and trapped in a bird cage. The ground seemed to have small path ways that only she could travel through. I know this game used a CD to play, In my search I thought it might be sega cd/saturn or ps1 but I can't figure it out.
1.- Ooga Booga (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0U0PgunosY

for the Dreamcast