Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Nick Powell

Jun 13, 2017
Hello all!

I'm hoping I can get some help and I didn't feel like reading through almost 800 pages to see if this is on here already.

The game is a children adventure game from either the 90's or 00's (I think it was 90's though) it was a side scroller and the objective of the game, as far as I can remember, was to go around the magic kingdom and rescue all of the knights that locked away to defeat something like an evil wizard or something? The one thing that stands out in my memory most of all was that there was one character that you could click on and he would just say "no magic here" in a rather goofy bit of voice acting. Sorry I don't have too much more to go on, I was like 5-6 when I last played this game, so memories are hazy at best. I think it might have been some sort of learning game? Maybe something to do with Camelot? again not entirely sure. Hope you can help!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Nick Powell said:
Hello all!

I'm hoping I can get some help and I didn't feel like reading through almost 800 pages to see if this is on here already.

The game is a children adventure game from either the 90's or 00's (I think it was 90's though) it was a side scroller and the objective of the game, as far as I can remember, was to go around the magic kingdom and rescue all of the knights that locked away to defeat something like an evil wizard or something? The one thing that stands out in my memory most of all was that there was one character that you could click on and he would just say "no magic here" in a rather goofy bit of voice acting. Sorry I don't have too much more to go on, I was like 5-6 when I last played this game, so memories are hazy at best. I think it might have been some sort of learning game? Maybe something to do with Camelot? again not entirely sure. Hope you can help!
Just a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the first two Simon the Sorcerer games?

Steve Piper

Jun 14, 2017
Hey i hope someone can help me , i played a game as a child and only remember that it was first person and with magic staffs as weapons.
you could find different staffs like a purple or a green one , i think the magic staffs were the only weapon you could use in the game.

Steve Piper

Jun 14, 2017
Hey i hope someone can help me , i played a game as a child and only remember that it was first person and with magic staffs as weapons.
you could find different staffs like a purple or a green one , i think the magic staffs were the only weapon you could use in the game.

Nick Powell

Jun 13, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Nick Powell said:
Hello all!

Just a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the first two Simon the Sorcerer games?
Close! thanks for the shot RelativityMan! I am trying to dredge up more memories and the game I'm looking for is a lot more cartoony, if that makes sense. Also I remembered that one of the bad guys when you finally find the right items to beat him gets squished to just his helmet and feet and sort of waddles off the screen. I think it was like a viking helmet too. Just more stuff to hep in the search hopefully.

Mad Muszka

Jun 14, 2017
Hey guys,

im looking for a 3d game from about 2000 in which you could control a futuristic spaceship which looked like a tank, but you hovered over the planets surface. It was in 3rd person and i think you could switch to 1st person as well. You had to accomplish missions like convoys and stuff. You had the ability to call for missile strikes from you base and i remember the word "designated". Your ship could be damaged on different parts of the hull like the back and the front. The colorscheme was mostly brown / reddish. It was on PC definitely and you played it with WASD and the mouse for aiming i think. The music was rather chill and well, thats all i can remember, hope someone can help me :)

Gryphonheart

May 18, 2017
Mad Muszka said:
Hey guys,

im looking for a 3d game from about 2000 in which you could control a futuristic spaceship which looked like a tank, but you hovered over the planets surface. It was in 3rd person and i think you could switch to 1st person as well. You had to accomplish missions like convoys and stuff. You had the ability to call for missile strikes from you base and i remember the word "designated". Your ship could be damaged on different parts of the hull like the back and the front. The colorscheme was mostly brown / reddish. It was on PC definitely and you played it with WASD and the mouse for aiming i think. The music was rather chill and well, thats all i can remember, hope someone can help me :)
Sounds like a Battlezone game. Battlezone (1998) or Battlezone 2

Mad Muszka

Jun 14, 2017
Gryphonheart said:
Mad Muszka said:
Hey guys,

Too bad, its ALMOST like it but its not the game im looking for :(
But the playstyle ist just like that only a bit slower and you couldnt walk around. Still thankful for the input!!!

Mad Muszka

Jun 14, 2017
Mad Muszka said:
Gryphonheart said:
Mad Muszka said:
Hey guys,

Too bad, its ALMOST like it but its not the game im looking for :(
But the playstyle ist just like that only a bit slower and you couldnt walk around. Still thankful for the input!!!
Holy shit my mind just boggled itself... The game i was looking for was called thunder brigade!!!

Lupafel

Jun 14, 2017
The game I'm looking for is not one I played, but one a YouTuber played. I want to play it myself, but cannot figure out what it was called. You play as a young girl. The game is very pink. You can talk to a bunny maid, a penguin in a library, possibly something else, and a warthog. When you talk to each they take a flower (or flower petal, not sure) from you, which the game says represents your innocence. They all are apologetic about it when they do it, except for the warthog. I remember reading somewhere that he represents the girl's dad, and that he sexually abused her. At some point in the game it gets really creepy, but I don't quite remember this part.
I think the YouTuber was Markiplier.

hfuksn

Jun 15, 2017
Hello I barely remember this game but ill give it my best to explain it. So I think it was a space game top down shooter where you had to kill weird worm things in a spaceship I remember playing it either on ps2 or ps1.

desimatori

Jun 15, 2017
Hi. My friend got me this game like 8 years ago more or less when I used to play PS2 but I can't remember if I played it on PC or PS2 :((.. Anyway, at the very start of game you are in some kind of castle and theres already a monster ahead(outside is snow), you need to get past some bridge and can't really remember how to kill the monster, sorry thats all I remember, but I want to find it and play it. I think it may have been Wolfenstein? But I can't find it.

Cenarius

Jun 15, 2017
Hello everyone. There is this game I've been looking for for a long time with no success. It was the kind of games you find on websites like armor games etc. As far as I can remember, it is sort of resembles the game Warlords, in which you constantly send soldiers against the enemy marching towards you and you should not let them pass your border. Unlike Warlords, however, you can only send soldiers in a straight line on which generally the most battles occur. Additionally, you control one hero manually, with whom you can clear the other lines that the enemy also sends weak soldiers from. I also remember that the units are not wholly comprised of human soldiers but also beasts like gryphons etc. They are unlocked as you progress through the story. You need to go offense on the monsters attacking you (I mean in terms of the plot) and IIRC, the last battle takes place in a volcano or something. Again if I'm not mistaken, you control your hero with arrow keys and strike with shift.

Thanks for the help.

Oscar Camilleri

Feb 13, 2016
Zurgh said:
Hello everyone,
I would like to know a game that I use to play in a videogames arcade 20 yrs ago.
I don't remember the name but what I do remember is:

is a 2d platform game, from left to right.
the caracters maybe 3, maybe a female elf as well.
like elfs, long nose maybe big blue eyes maybe?!
in a futuristic fantasy steampunk place. A bit splatter as well.
There was like big bees as enemies as well, like giant one and I remember a golden back ground like a sailing ship?!
This sort of elfs use to shoot like golden rays like half moon stuff.
The colors in the game was all around gold and silver green and blue some like that. We are talking about the end of the '80's, '90/91/maybe 92 but not more than that.
I wish I can play this game again so much. The last time I was with my grandpa and I always remember that time with him. Thats why I would like to find this game again.

Thank you
could it have been 3 wonders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geGQjHkGYYU

NeatoTorpedo13

Jun 16, 2017
There was this one game I vaguely remember playing as a child.
It was really weird, I don't remember much about it or even the storyline but I remember playing as this guy who seemed like he was in a metal-like flexible suit, he had red and silver on him, and used a sword. I somewhat remember him having some sort of red fabric or fluff on him somewhere on the suit, I'm thinking closer to his head. He was also traveling and fighting in what I remember to be a sewer.

Bullyman

Jun 16, 2017
I have been looking for this game for so long I'm starting think it doesn't even exist and I'm nuts but anyway

I have a lot of memories but none of them concrete.

PC game, 2000's ish. I would have had windows 98 or 2000 at the time. Pretty sure it was first person and 3D.

It was a game about a knight or Mage, hack n slash or spell shooter cant really remember, I remember exploring castles and climbing inside a castle tower to fight a boss at the top.

I have this memory of starting the game in a sort of courtyard and having to talk to a wizard to progress, he might have been behind a door....maybe

I think there was a puzzle in a library or maybe just a library

I dunno how true this is but I seem to think it had an artstyle similar to lego or minecraft, sort of blocky or pixelish

I think that's about everything I can think of besides I can half picture a case for it, DVD sized and dark blue but can't remember details

Any suggestions are appreciated I am desperate

Bullyman

Jun 16, 2017
NeatoTorpedo13 said:
There was this one game I vaguely remember playing as a child.
It was really weird, I don't remember much about it or even the storyline but I remember playing as this guy who seemed like he was in a metal-like flexible suit, he had red and silver on him, and used a sword. I somewhat remember him having some sort of red fabric or fluff on him somewhere on the suit, I'm thinking closer to his head. He was also traveling and fighting in what I remember to be a sewer.

What console? Shinobi maybe

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Bullyman said:
I have been looking for this game for so long I'm starting think it doesn't even exist and I'm nuts but anyway

PC game, 2000's ish. I would have had windows 98 or 2000 at the time. Pretty sure it was first person and 3D.

It was a game about a knight or Mage, hack n slash or spell shooter cant really remember, I remember exploring castles and climbing inside a castle tower to fight a boss at the top.

I have this memory of starting the game in a sort of courtyard and having to talk to a wizard to progress, he might have been behind a door....maybe

I dunno how true this is but I seem to think it had an artstyle similar to lego or minecraft, sort of blocky or pixelish

I think that's about everything I can think of besides I can half picture a case for it, DVD sized and dark blue but can't remember details

Not sure if all the details fit, but that sounds a lot like Hexen: Beyond Heretic (1995).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPD8Go8zrY

Bullyman

Jun 16, 2017
StatusNil said:
Bullyman said:

Not sure if all the details fit, but that sounds a lot like Hexen: Beyond Heretic (1995).

No that's not it, but thanks anyway that looks like a good game.

I seem to think the animation was bit more cartoony almost like LEGO Harry Potter

Keep em coming please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPD8Go8zrY

auramaster101

Jun 17, 2017
I've been trying to remember the name of this game but i'm coming up blank. i vaguely remember it being a puzzle game for the PC. the characters were small purple creatures that were fighting orange creatures. the fight between the two sides resembled a military confrontation. i remember the game being leveled based, in each one you would have to get a purple creature to a specific spot on the map. besides the orange creatures being hazards, their were also environmental hazards such as pits. however the levels also had pick ups lying around to take care of the hazards, such as shovels to fill in the holes. each world seem to be based off of different locations one could find in a home. the demo that i had played when i was younger only showed off a few levels from a garden to teach the basics of the game. however when you finished the demo, it showed you screen shots of an ice world, and a level that took place inside of a kitchen that you could access in the full game.