Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

plusburdles1

Jul 9, 2017
I've been trying to remember this game but it's been killing me cause everything I know is so vague. I remember it was a puzzle game for windows released in the 90's to early 2000's. It had animals and I specifically remember there was this one puzzle in a wintery area that had things that looked like pillars and you placed(?) animals on top of them. There also may have been a castle area of some sort but I also may be misremembering

pl4y4h

Jul 9, 2017
Figured I might as well give this a shot:
The game I'm thinking of was a f2p steampunk turn based objective game. Essentially the game's main screen had the saloon where you picked missions, bank for items, and a station where you could travel. You would assemble a crew of tech (blimps, long traveling artillery, etc) and cowboys to beat the other team on the gridlike maps and there was also a semi "campaign" that would give you specific limitations (I remember specifically the first mission was learning how to use the blunderbuss character to win in different scenarios) The only other thing I think I remember about the game is you could earn gold nuggets (or freemium them for those with no time to waste) and you could unlock a native american faction with fetishes (totems) and stuff.

opinkdolphin

Jul 9, 2017
So, around 2011-2012ish, give or take a few years, i remember playing this PC game at my friends' (well watching because he was stingy) besides the point. it was a game where you'd be a soldier, then later on you could turn into this werewolf type thing. The games setting seemed in between future and present times. i've been searching for AGES. no trace, can someone help, thanks. (the game was FPS i think, if not it was definitley 3rd person when you were a wolf.)

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
opinkdolphin said:
So, around 2011-2012ish, give or take a few years, i remember playing this PC game at my friends' (well watching because he was stingy) besides the point. it was a game where you'd be a soldier, then later on you could turn into this werewolf type thing. The games setting seemed in between future and present times. i've been searching for AGES. no trace, can someone help, thanks. (the game was FPS i think, if not it was definitley 3rd person when you were a wolf.)
I'm gonna say... Wolf Team [http://wolfteam.aeriagames.com/media/screenshots]?

GCEism

Jul 9, 2017
Been looking for hours on the web but couldn't find anything.

So this was around 1997-ish I played a game on an MS-DOS/Early MAC computer.
I remember the introduction had like a guy come in on like a rollercoaster or minecart or something, and iirc he had a really comically large nose. It had a really odd art style to it.
I also believe it was educational in some way, as I also remember there being a component to it where you pulled a lever and it would like randomly generate words for an ad-lib type story generator.
Honestly, it's really fuzzy, I just remember the really odd art style and wacky characters the most.

Any help would be appreciated.

CreatorSama

Jul 9, 2017
Hi.

Got a game I've been trying to find for years!

1) It's like Qbeez but with circles, as in they had cute lil faces. When you cleared them they'd say "Spheres!" or something that sounded like that. I think it was a circular stage? The background was black and it looked kinda tech-y futuristic-y in the same way Bejeweled does. It was in the early 2000's and one of those games you got from sites like PopCap or BigFishGames or WildTangent.

Hope you can help!

CreatorSama

Jul 9, 2017
maezzinho said:
Hey guys, I hope you can help me!
The game I'm talking about is a PS1 game I played around 1998-1999. It was kind of a racing game, a little bit futuristic (since the vehicles were not only cars but also kind of hovering). I remember one level being a big cake, where you raced on top of it. I know it's a bit vague, but still hope someone can help me out. Best regards.
That sounds a lot like Wipeout, or Maybe F-Zero? Not sure if either of those are on PS1 though.

Nottaken

Jul 9, 2017
Sup guys,

There was this one game from whichI played the demo on an online website,
It is about you controlling a tribe of blue 'alien' guys to help them rebuild the village.
You could click on some flowers or mushrooms to get a power of some sort i think.
The last thing i remember doing was building a bridge, then researching and building a school for the children and lastly researching a kite for one of the settlers.

Thats when the demo ended.

I hope some of you can help me, its a bit vague but i played it some years ago. Best regards.

Slowbasil

Jul 9, 2017
Okay. Hopefully some one can help!
The game I'm looking for was a 1st person 3d platformer. It would have been around '96-98 I guess. Colourful polygon graphics, not pre-rendered backgrounds or anything. I used to play a couple of levels from some PC magazine demo disc way back in the day. What I remember is that the player was some kind of Indiana Jones style character exploring a South American pyramid/temple. The level started outside the temple in a sandy area with palm trees. The temple was a stepped pyramid in front of you. I'm pretty sure you had to collect jewels (and possibly bananas for health). The temple was occupied by savage masked people who would attack you on site. There were traps you had to avoid too. It seemed like quite a hard game at the time, but It was really cool.

HorsemanWar

Jun 18, 2017
HorsemanWar said:
Hi there's this game I played around 2004-2006 it's RTS game you control robots and tanks and has campaign like the one in tibeian sun during the game if you destroy enemy main buildings they become yours when you finish mission a pop up map with new missions to take " just like the one in Tiberian Sun" I think it has no infantry or any human as units just robots there's a mission where you defend 4 explosive tanks making their way throhg enemy ground while you start with some robots then destroy an enemy robot factory it became yours now you can build some robots to assist you the tanks are slow so you can make so progress t'll they rech enemy lines and te tanks move on hier own .
in another mission you start your base in place like old ruins and you have some building already setup and some defend canons your mission to defend your base from the waves of enemys that will attake you each 3-5 min.
one building through the game gives you the ability to request air strike throu timer in the up lift corner and if you didn't use 2 air strikes they will develop to air bombing .
there's those canons that fire yellowish things,robots fire laser and some can fire on air units.
your team is blue or green and enemy always red one mission you star with only 4 robots and a base to defend an there was 2 huge towers in the middle of the map and there's an enemy buildings in the bottom lift of the map with low defend around so you can go destroy and capture your base is in the top lift but there's a bigger high defended base and buildings in the bottom right of the map your mission is to destroy it before they destroy your main base the on top lift.
one thing when you save a game there's a female voice say "Game saved"
I'm trying to give as much details as I can remember :D
it's PC game I played on windows M/widows XP.
you can ask me for more details BUT PLEASE HELP IT'S BEEN YEARS SEARCHING FOR IT
PLZ help me and sorry to repost it

BERSERKER2H

Jun 21, 2017
Hello Guys!!! I need to know the name os this two games:

First game:

PC Windows game i played in windows XP

The first i played in 2007, its a 3D FPS game about a futuristic War Between 3 factions, The blue human faction and another two alien faction, one Red and another Yellow.

There no infantry, only Vehicles.

In the human said i remember Tanks, Helicopters and Jets.

In all factions the vehicles are made in great centers, these centers can be move and destroy by the enemy.

You can control the vehicles.

Second game:
PC Windows game, i played in windows 98
In it you controlled a character and had to hold a position against a huge horde of what looked like giant insects, you had a machine gun, and an armor. In the first phase in their position there were huge fixed machine guns that looked more like anchors. Then you would take them and shrapnel the insects until the ammunition was gone and then jump to the next.

This game was like that, it started with a CG showing a meteor going towards Earth, there was a huge cemetery, and a ship going to another planet.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
BERSERKER2H said:
Second game:
PC Windows game, i played in windows 98
In it you controlled a character and had to hold a position against a huge horde of what looked like giant insects, you had a machine gun, and an armor. In the first phase in their position there were huge fixed machine guns that looked more like anchors. Then you would take them and shrapnel the insects until the ammunition was gone and then jump to the next.

This game was like that, it started with a CG showing a meteor going towards Earth, there was a huge cemetery, and a ship going to another planet.
Well I've never played a Starship Troopers game, but since it was a popular book/movie that starts with giant alien insects wiping out Buenos Aires with a CG meteor... I'm gonna guess Starship Troopers [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jstKtvheG08].

SonBryzen

Jul 10, 2017
Thanks in advance,

it was an older mmo like game where you could see other people. you started off as a white square dude and you could turn into other characters from buying them I believe. this was a long time ago, like 2010. hoping someone remembers it!

MrKarl

Jul 10, 2017
I signed up in the hope there is someone who happens to remember a game I think I had the demo of about 15 years ago. This is all I can remember:

It was a PC game (maybe multi-platform but I played on PC)
I THINK it was set in a war time
It was a point and click/adventure type of game.
I think you could choose different characters which had different abilities/traits
One thing I definitely remember is that you walk into a pub, then you talk to someone which results you in being captured. You're then thrown in a cell which you have to escape from.

If anyone knows what game this is, thank you for having such a good memory.

Zharenn

May 12, 2017
Slowbasil said:
Okay. Hopefully some one can help!
The game I'm looking for was a 1st person 3d platformer. It would have been around '96-98 I guess. Colourful polygon graphics, not pre-rendered backgrounds or anything. I used to play a couple of levels from some PC magazine demo disc way back in the day. What I remember is that the player was some kind of Indiana Jones style character exploring a South American pyramid/temple. The level started outside the temple in a sandy area with palm trees. The temple was a stepped pyramid in front of you. I'm pretty sure you had to collect jewels (and possibly bananas for health). The temple was occupied by savage masked people who would attack you on site. There were traps you had to avoid too. It seemed like quite a hard game at the time, but It was really cool.
Montezuma's Return.

afelipeor

Jul 10, 2017
Hey guys. I've been searching for this old platform game I use to play on windows, but I can't remember the name.

You are an elf I think, with a blue or purple hat and you collect these purple pairs and throw horseshoes at the other creatures.

I know that there are three games of the same title, and the game has things like secret rooms between levels.

I've been searching for three days now and I can't seem to find it.

Ryuu000

Jul 10, 2017
Hi, I am looking for a game that I played on my iPhone when I was little. It was a game where you played as a girl that looked like red riding hood, and she has like a sword, sometimes a gun I think, and used it to kill zombies. From what I can remember, it was played in third person, and zombies would come out of the ground and stuff. They also had different levels. It was actually pretty gory, and there was a lot of blood. You used arrows on the bottom to move, and a button and stuff to use the weapon. There was no multiplayer option from what I remember. The locations would vary, sometimes on the street of like an alley that looked like it belonged to Italy, or in the cemetery, or in like a warehouse looking place. Don't take my word for it, since it's been over a decade since I have played it. This is just what I can remember. The graphics were actually really good, and yeah. I think it came out early 2000s, or something.
If anyone can help me find this game, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Redderz

Jul 10, 2017
Hi,

I'm seeking help remembering a game I used to play as a kid, it was from around the early 1990's for PC.

I struggle to remember most of the main details however I do remember it was like a turn based game (Like a board game) where you were racing around the world in cars or planes (I forget),there was an enemy who would fly round in a purple blimp. You could sabotage each other while you raced around (I think).

If anyone can figure that out I would be amazed and incredible grateful as a friend recently brought it up and we both have no idea what it was called.

Many Thanks

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
Redderz said:
Hi,

I'm seeking help remembering a game I used to play as a kid, it was from around the early 1990's for PC.

I struggle to remember most of the main details however I do remember it was like a turn based game (Like a board game) where you were racing around the world in cars or planes (I forget),there was an enemy who would fly round in a purple blimp. You could sabotage each other while you raced around (I think).

If anyone can figure that out I would be amazed and incredible grateful as a friend recently brought it up and we both have no idea what it was called.

Many Thanks
Hmm, It sounds interesting, turn based racing is a pretty rare genre. So far the closest thing I have seen while searching is a Reddit post from 4 years ago, with almost the same description, describing it as similar in theme to Wacky Racers, and that the purple blimp would essentially pick you up and put you back further along the track (Similar to Lakitu from mario kart). The reddit suggested Race Track [http://www.mobygames.com/game/race-track], but the poster said it had a nicer art style. While it didn't answer your question, hopefully it helps in the search or jogs the memory.

Redderz

Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply Nidor, you're definitely right on the money with the reference to Wacky Racers, that was my initial thinking based on the art style.

If I remember correctly there wasn't really a "track" but a map which you would work your way around.

I'll keep at it and hopefully find it one day! I really appreciate the help!