Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

nicolem

Nov 22, 2017
Zharenn said:
nicolem said:
Thank you to anyone who can help me find these games!
- The character looked like a wooden old guy wearing a brown pilot hat and googles. It was a game where there were different worlds and it was in space, but it didnt look like space, it looked like normal skies (i think there were stars) in between these worlds. At a certain level the character gained the ability to fly with a jet pack anywhere you want. It was like an open world. There were islands in the sky and you could fly to any one of them. There were plane looking things that would shoot at you and you could shoot at them and destroy them...I dont rememebr exactly what was going on or what the goal was.
Project Nomads?
Yes! Thanks Zharenn!

nicolem

Nov 22, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
nicolem said:
First off, I'd like to ask for recommendations of where I can safely find and download old games.

I'm looking for the following games:

1) -cartoony game with goofy looking people. Wasn't exactly 2d but has a 2d outlook, kind of like in terraria or like a doll house where you can see all the rooms in a house. Your character I think was a man who's goal I don't remember, but you're supposed to make him complete the goal without letting this big lady see you and end up in the same room as you. If she does, she beats up your character. It's a funny game. There was a dog and a husband I think. Some of the maps were a house, cruise, maybe a hotel.

[...]
Must be "Neighbours from Hell" (2004)
Yes! I've been looking for this game so much! Thank you!

Timothy Imel

Nov 24, 2017
I am trying to find a game I played in the late 90s early 2000s at a friends house. We played the game on PS2. The game took place in early Asia time period like feudal Japan or dynasty China. I remember it having a coop mode and a versus mode. It was a hack and slash type of game similar to Dynasty Warriors.
In the coop mode I remember there being a story. We only had two characters that we could play. The two characters were male. One had a sword and the other had claws.
In the versus mode I remember that it was more than just a 1v1. A bunch of people brought their own PS2s and we connected them together to have a big versus battle. The was a much bigger roster to choose from than when we played the coop. I think when we played the coop we didn't have anyone else unlocked. When we did the big versus mode we were using my friends brothers memory card.
I remember the game had a name in a different language, and the dialogue was in that language too. We had English subtitles.

I have looked at all of the Dynasty Warrior games and Samurai Warrior games that game out in that general time period and none of them fit what I remember. I appreciate any help I can get in figuring out what game this is.

LeafBasher

Nov 24, 2017
Hello.

I'm looking for the name of a (I think) Playstation game. It was a 2d sidescroller action game, maybe it even was a 2.5d sidescroller, your character had a lightning or energy whip of some sort, which he could use to swing from stuff with. The game also had some kind of hoverbike levels, which were not sidescrollers, and also some levels where you would fall/skydive down some huge shafts. If I remember correct, these were bosslevels

Thanks

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
LeafBasher said:
I'm looking for the name of a (I think) Playstation game. It was a 2d sidescroller action game, maybe it even was a 2.5d sidescroller, your character had a lightning or energy whip of some sort, which he could use to swing from stuff with. The game also had some kind of hoverbike levels, which were not sidescrollers, and also some levels where you would fall/skydive down some huge shafts. If I remember correct, these were bosslevels
That's definitely Wild 9 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds5EiUVq_8I]. Very fun game. =)

Budmaloney

Nov 24, 2017
Hey all. Thanks for having this thread.

So there is a game I played perhaps around 1996 or 97. I keep searching for it but can't seem to find it.
If I recall correctly it was called Quest 2, I could be wrong. Though every time I type this in google it shows me the space quest series.

The game was simple. You were in a fixed box, 2D multidirectional shooter. There was a frame around your area. You controlled a small spaceship. The box you were had a small slit at the top of the frame where enemies enter. You would then kill them, get power ups, and then advance to the second level and so on.

It was a pc game and I feel like you could control it with a mouse.

Anyone might shed some light on it?

daemonmcrae

Nov 25, 2017
Ok, here goes:

When I was in 8th grade, about 2000-2001, there was an old bunch of PC games you could play if you had this Sony App installed. It was kind of an early social app where you could add friends and stuff. I remember it had several games, but I only remember details from 2:

1. The first was a top down shooter where you were in a little spaceship (I think you could choose the ship), and it was like an arena fight against other ships.

2: The second was an isometric shooter where you could pick what kind of soldier you were, like a heavy, a medic, a standard gunner, and maybe a sniper, and it was team-based combat.

There were other games but I sucked at them so I didn't play. :p

I don't even know if you CAN play these games anymore because they were online games (I know they were free cause we installed them on every damn computer we could at school), but I'd love to track them down anyways.

AS7

Nov 25, 2017
Hello Guys

I've been searching for this game for quite some time now.

I don't have much information but i hope someone could help me out...

So I'm sure it was a PS2 Game. I don't have an idea when it came out.

What I have in mind is that you were playing a child or a small person with magic powers. I'm also certain that you had one of these classic mage hats that witches have. You fight against skeletons and other monsters and most of the time it's night. It was a 3D adventure game with plattforming elements and little puzzles to get trough the world. Well and thats pretty much it. Take in consideration that little details could be false because I was very young when i played this game. Thx for your help :)

AS7

Jason Derby

Nov 25, 2017
Hi all!

I know this doesn't fit perfectly with all the PS2 and old PC games, but I'm having a heck of a time remembering the name of a free Internet game that has been around at least 5 years. It was a multiplayer game that involved three small "things" that could be flung around an Arena on a turn-by-turn basis. You pulled back an arrow for each of your blobs, your opponent did the same, and then you saw the arena in action at the same time. There were tens of different games within this platform, such as soccer (the blobs aimed to get a soccer ball in a goal), capture the flag, capture the flag, and many others. Any help here?

Thank you!

Curutnakal

Nov 25, 2017
Hi everyone i like to ask.... Please answer...
The game between 95 and 97 on DOS.
The background game was stoneage era, 2D, game play like mario bros, the character was like flintstone and there was many secret area

" I found it guys, the name is prehistorik, thanks guys"

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Budmaloney said:

So there is a game I played perhaps around 1996 or 97. I keep searching for it but can't seem to find it.
If I recall correctly it was called Quest 2, I could be wrong. Though every time I type this in google it shows me the space quest series.

The game was simple. You were in a fixed box, 2D multidirectional shooter. There was a frame around your area. You controlled a small spaceship. The box you were had a small slit at the top of the frame where enemies enter. You would then kill them, get power ups, and then advance to the second level and so on.

Could it have been XQUEST?

shadowbobber

Oct 25, 2017
Sierra Gallant said:
i've been trying to find the name of this game for SO LONG. it's a late 90's/early 2000's computer game with singing animals? there's a minigame part where you have to bring a dog his bone and newspaper toys and they sing about it. it was pixel and not 3D. i used to always come home from school and play that game because it was so addicting. i wanna say the main character was a dalmatian?? ugh i can't remember too much of it but it's so strong in my brain and i can't remember the name! someone help
I wanna say that's Jumpstart Toddlers, I could be wrong

Alec Olson

Nov 25, 2017
Hey guys, been trying to remember an old xp game I used to play. I cant remember much I do remember you started in a dark dungeon. At some point you fight a giant monster from a tower with a crossbow. You could also break the barrels for flat bread. It was first person there was lots of darkness. It was kinda medieval looking. There where skeleton monsters. There was kind of a blue eye ability with something like a clown on it.

I know its not much but any help you could give would be great!

edit: pretty sure the monster was a cyclops and a woman lead me to the crossbow, more of a turret. the blue abiitly was like a blue tint to the game so I could find a jester painting on the wall or something.
it was russian I think.

ihavenousername

Nov 25, 2017
can someone pls help me
i used to play a game with my father on the pc(it was a 1 player game)
there was a map and you could summon troops (looked like people from the dark age; eg musketiers, knights and you could spawn them each in a different team(purple, blue....) then you just watched them fight
appreciate the help

fluffyk1773n

Nov 25, 2017
This has been driving me crazy for months, so much so that I made this account purely to comment on this thread.

So, I remember playing this game on a nontraditional system, which was basically a portable DVD player with two wired controllers you could plug into it and a disc that contained the game I'm looking for. On this disc I remember there being Donkey Kong Jr., a Mario knock off with a red dragon/dinosaur instead of Bowser, and possibly a game involving Mickey Mouse (I was around 5-7 at this time and I'm 20 now so please excuse my blurry/inaccurate memory).

Anyways, the actual game was a very basic 8-bit platformer. It was not a side-scroller as you had to keep jumping up on platforms to get away from what I believe was a flood of some sorts. It had a sort of outdoor-castle texture vibe to it, and I remember it being consistent of the colors pink, green and blue. There may have been enemies of some sort like snakes or lizards and bugs, but again, I was very young when I played this. I also wasn't the best at video games due to my undeveloped motor skills so I'm probably only describing the first part of the game.

Please help, I feel like this was a very important piece of my childhood I'm eager to regain.

Trvao

Nov 23, 2017
Nikelaos22 said:
Hello everybody.

I'm looking for a PC game. A puzzle game where you must guide a purple furry thing (kinda like this: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.138934!/image/prof-Fluffy1.jpg ) to meet its babies,you do this by using fire, water; rotating mirrors and lasers, putting bombs, etc.
Yep guys, try to get the name of this game. As I can remember it is a silly and sweet name, something as deepy, jelly, etc.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/75/9f/6d/759f6df295b5c3d0e48357c6b5f60864--purple-emoji-smiley-faces.jpg
https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/thumb_COLOURBOX5497723.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/8b/56/28/8b5628b887c70535c6f1e920ed5cf2ca--fuzzy-wuzzy-monsters.jpg

It's a fluffy purple monster who has to deviate from lasers.
faces.jpg&psig=AOvVaw2Bfe9ukUPpc-bu0ixnmEgx&ust=1511738125693850

bkodae

Nov 26, 2017
Used to play this computer browser game in like 2005-2008. Here's what I remember:
- You'd control an army of a certain amount of troops, all of different types. I remember archers for sure being one of them.
- Each group would have a different number, and they were lined up. Archers were in front.
- I wanna say like 100 troops in total but I could be wrong.
- Each turn, you had to choose which type of troops would attack your opponent (just the cpu), who would also choose a group of fighter. You would not know which group they would send.
- Every different army you could choose had a "special" boss, it was one big monster, and if you lost it you were screwed but it really tore the other team apart.
- One of them was orange and had one eye, I think. There was also an army that came with a large gorilla.
- The animations were probably a bit spotty but young me thought they looked cool af.
- After you chose your type of troops to have fight, they would meet the opposing troops in the middle and fight it out for a bit, with each side losing some troops.
- I'm fairly sure that after you defeated the opponent you would move on to a new one but the troops you had lost in the previous battle would be gone so it was quite hard.

OK. Tried explaining the best I could but it's been about 10 years since I played it. I have google searched different combinations of buzzwords I could remember being associated with the game and have found nothing. Someone help me out please.

hannah.pelland

Nov 22, 2017
hannah.pelland said:
Mikuko said:
hannah.pelland said:
hannah.pelland said:
So I can't think of this game that i've been wanting to know tfor the longest time.
when i was little i would "play" this game and it had like 2 animals and you could jump around the "city" and stuff and you could go on a boat on the water, people are telling me it was something with sonic the hedgehog and tails but im not sure!!!! PLEASE HELP
anyone???
That's a very broad decription, maybe the graphics of the game could help finding it?? Like was it 3D, 2D, old, newer, first person, third person, maybe 8bit?? My childhood was the games Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2, which would fit the description (there are only two playable animal characters and you quite literally "jump around the city" with them lol) but it could fit many other games.
I remember it was 3D and the characters could teleport and when they teleported they said "teleport", it was around 2000's
??

Budmaloney

Nov 24, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Budmaloney said:

Could it have been XQUEST?
omg thank you so so much, you're a genius! It is in fact Xquest, holy smokes what a trip down memory lane. I did some additional searching and the version I played was Xquest 2 on PC in 1996. here is a video

XQUEST2

I remembered the 3Desque shading of the ship. Played it on some old ibm computer and was obsessed with it.

You made my day :)

Shanixer

Aug 30, 2017
Shanixer said:
I remember a game where it was 2 players and it was like a battle between the red tiles and the blue tiles. I remember playing it with my sister on the snes. I know there was water or something around the map. My first thought of the name was battleship but it's not that game. If anyone can help me I couldn't be able to thank you enough
The two players would battle against each other, on two separate islands. I know its an SNES game Was 2D and Top Down view i think. Any Help?