Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
Brian Tagtow said:
KaiYLowell said:
Since you mention King's Quest, could it perhaps be Space Quest?
It's not cartoon like. kind of a dark game with a serious feel to it. the planet you are on is uninhabited and there are lots of items to collect to solve puzzles.
I'm going to need some more info to try and narrow it down. Do you remember if it was open-world (you can go anywhere you like) or you have to unlock areas to get to them?

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Brian Tagtow said:
Trying to find the name of a game
90's point and click adventure style game
space/alien/robot themed
has that kings quest style of screen movement (click on the edge of the screen you want to go the direction of and the next screen loads)
believe you start the game in an empty room/jail cell/ holding cell/ crashed ship
you have to go around collecting items and completing puzzles similar to kings quest
either dos or early windows 3.1/95
Bit of a random guess here, but maybe The Dig [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGzX_7ZN8_U]?

Hseen Allo

Jun 10, 2018
Hello Everyone
I have this really old game I used to play on windows XP ,I can't remember major details but I've been searching for it for a long period of time
here's the little description : When you join the game you pick between two characters 1 is a male with a big sword (Im not sure) and the other is a female (With a really thin sword) You start off the game (it's really dark and gory) a monster just pops out of a wooden door and breaks it open and you continue into this (dungeoun-like place) I remember also there was a fence gate outside next to a grave where you go to the second stage there're like bat sculptures on iron fences and gates
Pleasssssseeee if anybody knows reply to this or contact my discord DominateSyM #8018
EDIT:The ghost-like monsters have somewhat of terrifyingly annoying screams!
Thanks!

Ners

Apr 19, 2018
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?
BUMP!
In case someone knows.

firechicken23

Nov 3, 2017
you guys, quoted from above. this game I need to know, it was so fun.
Xavier Coulson said:
I remember playing a game that was kinda like clash of clans but instead of people you used these little orange aliens dressed in white and your enemy is dark purple and its a strategy game thinks its only on pc
bumping in case anybody knows this one, I need it, thanks in advance

AWildL

Jan 7, 2018
LeafRebel said:
AWildL said:
It was a game about a boy in his brother who I think lost their parents,and them trying to survive.The main protagonist had dark hair and his brother had white hair and light blue eyes.I remember some bigger scenes of the game,them selling a plane,being captured by the Spanish Inquisition,and eventually going I think Egypt for a cure for the brother with white hair,he started puking blood.I dont really remember the ending.
Any help would be appreciated.
Tales of Two Brothers or something? How long ago?
It was "the lost chronicles of zerzura",but thanks any ways :D

On the other hand,another old game came into mind.
It was a kind of a 2D pixel game, similar to Terraria.I remember i think being a wizard and carrying a red potion in one scene.It was night,and bats were attacking me as i progressed to through the level.Also i remember being a knight during the day,but sadly thats about it.it was quite some time ago,before 2014 i think.
Any help is appreciated :D

Drew Kossy

Sep 29, 2017
Hello, I need help please

I remember playing this game a few times at my buddies house on PS3, it was a combat game that featured tall amazonian archers or something, and it was split screen and the one map i remember was like a space zero gravity arena indoors, and we jumped around shooting at each other and there were other weapons and power ups placed around the entire map. Obviously that wasn't the only map but thats the one I remember the most. Ive tried looking for the name of this for a while, please help! The platform is on PS3, and I remember playing this game like between 2005 and 2009. The Genre was Fantasy, split screen multiplayer, combat

dre10g

Jun 28, 2016
Hoops 12 said:
Hi I'm new but will give this a try!

I remember a game we use to play at the corner shop on arcade.(1986-1989)

It was some space game where you chose the planet (red , blue, green, brown) and then played that stage.

I remember you could double jump and get all sorts of guns.

I remember the red stage (red planet) being very difficult with lava all over the place.

Can some one please help with name of this game? It is driving me crazy!!
Xain'd Sleena

Kirishiro-chan

Apr 6, 2014
Kirishiro-chan said:
There was this one game I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet. I remember playing it at my cousin's house back in the 90s. It was a game where you use this white glove to select things, I remember there being a flashlight you had to pick up with the glove and use. I remember there being stars on the walls, It was a point and click type of game that was either on SNES or Genesis. I always thought it looked like Sonic's hand, no idea why.

There was also this other game, it was a NBA game or some type of Basketball game, it was 3d, and I remember that every time you press pause and unpause there would be these things floating around everywhere (like little round ovals, or spheres with words in them). Not sure what system it was on. But it was a game from the 90s as well that I also played at my cousin's house around the same time I played the other game.

The third game is of some Adventure type game that was on N64. I think it might be Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie but I'm not sure. I remember one character in particular wore headphones and had long hair and glasses or shades on, and he would be doing the moonwalk back and forth, I believe it was either a quest giver or shop keeper or something.

And lastly, I remember playing this game back in 2005. It was a space mining type of game, with different shaped ores you mine for. They were different colors and shapes and you had to defend your base and stuff like that. It was semi-3d, and it took place on a rocky type of planet with a base and everything. The game came pre-installed on a Gateway PC.
I'm still looking for these games. Anyone here know? Sorry, I know it's been years but I really need to know! I already know the third game it was a Goemon game.

Apr 25, 2018
Renan Alencar said:
Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.
Could this be Recreational Warfare?

Amir Razzak

Jun 18, 2018
there was this old game i used to play on this emulator full of genesis games i believe.

The game started you playing with a small herbivore dinosaur and there were these strange alien dino versions of em.

you started off with both an herbivore and a carnivore. The herbivores would eat the grass and make you win points (that worked like mana of some sort on wich you could make it rain on where you chose or make fires)

after a few lvls you would get a new dinosaur like an egg eating one a pterosaurus and a few others. The enemy alien things would also get the same ones you got. like the egg one would get a ninja guy that would eat the eggs with rice lool

you would spawn these dinosaurs with a weird kind of looking egg incubator that would shoot off the eggs around it. you would also need said "mana" to produce dinosaurs.

If it helps of any ways:

Stegossaurus was green?
T-rex was purple
pterodacty was purple
egg eating one was green
triceratops i believe was also purple
and the allossaurus was red.

Jun 18, 2018
I played a game when I was a kid and cant remember the name.
It was a 2d beat em up.
Started with you choosing between 3 male characters. And you can choose the level to start from. You could also choose to play as the level boss once you defeat them. I remember few of those bosses. One of them was a female character with a whip, one was a character similar to E. Honda, one was an Indian Chief.

Renan Alencar

Jun 5, 2018
cristyro said:
Renan Alencar said:
Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.
Red Alert A Path Beyond?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re5SK_4PrMI
If not, then maybe C&C:Tiberian Sun - Reborn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te9rd6W9fQA
Or Command & Conquer:Renegade?
Nope, the game is on 2d =(

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
Abdul Muttaleb Maruf said:
It was a 2d beat em up.
Started with you choosing between 3 male characters. And you can choose the level to start from. You could also choose to play as the level boss once you defeat them. I remember few of those bosses. One of them was a female character with a whip, one was a character similar to E. Honda, one was an Indian Chief.
Do you remember what console it was on, or around what time period you played it?

Jun 18, 2018
KaiYLowell said:
It was a 2d beat em up.
Do you remember what console it was on, or around what time period you played it?
It was on an arcade cabinet. Played back in 93ish

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
KaiYLowell said:
It was a 2d beat em up.
It was on an arcade cabinet. Played back in 93ish
Okay, here's some options.

Big Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/big-fight
Final Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/final-fight
The Combatribes: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/combatribes

Any of these it, maybe?

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Dec 8, 2017
I have been trying to remember this game for quite some time.I used to play it in 2007 ,I am not certain about it being new back then since I was a kid .I can give you the following pointers.
-The logo was a Z in a circle and its color was orange.
-It was a building game set in an almost medieval time.
-You were a man trying to complete a village with certain attributes.
-You had a guide that was an old man with a silver/white beard and a cloak.
-The scenery was changing every some villages and every new scenery had a different host/character.(There were fields,snowy mountains,deserts,beaches etc.)
-There were no playable characters in the game.The host was just chatting with you.
-At the bottom of the screen there was a bar with all the available buildings if any.

Thanks a lot in advance.

zukowskipatryk

Oct 1, 2012
I remember an old game that looked like a PS1 era game (I played it on PC). It was in 3D, it was colorful, the levels reminded me of a board game, I don't remember much, but you controlled something that looked like a fish, I think, but it was hovering and certainly wasn't a fish. The view was from the third person perspective. You could move and use weapons, I think? The level was just that big, open board-game like stage and I have no idea what the goal was.