Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jun 18, 2018
KaiYLowell said:
Abdul Muttaleb Maruf said:
KaiYLowell said:
Abdul Muttaleb Maruf said:
I played a game when I was a kid and cant remember the name.
It was a 2d beat em up.
Started with you choosing between 3 male characters. And you can choose the level to start from. You could also choose to play as the level boss once you defeat them. I remember few of those bosses. One of them was a female character with a whip, one was a character similar to E. Honda, one was an Indian Chief.
Do you remember what console it was on, or around what time period you played it?
It was on an arcade cabinet. Played back in 93ish
Okay, here's some options.

Big Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/big-fight
Final Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/final-fight
The Combatribes: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/combatribes

Any of these it, maybe?
Thanks it was Big Fight

abodyalabody

Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys, I really need your help to find this game:

It's a 3D game I used to play it on Windows 98 or ME, I think It's between 93-96 cause I got it once in a CD with Virtua Cop - Virtua Figther 2 - The House of the Dead - Bubble Bobble 2 and many other cool games.

There are 4 Colored fish to select and many areas like amusement park or ghost town, It starts with a huge square grid, We are standing on one side of a square, Initially, the sides are in black colour, we can highlight it (the color will be specified with the player's color ) by moving around the four sides of a square, we can obtain scores by highlight more and more squares, there are also some tools along the pathway, like making others square disappear, they have to make all over again, and there are some monsters, they move all over the square grid, they are blocking the players way and there are also weapons we can use. This game can be multi-played ... which is very awesome, and the graphics and everything in the game is nice as I can remember.

plz help me get its name, much thanks

zukowskipatryk

Oct 1, 2012
abodyalabody said:
Hi guys, I really need your help to find this game:

It's a 3D game I used to play it on Windows 98 or ME, I think It's between 93-96 cause I got it once in a CD with Virtua Cop - Virtua Figther 2 - The House of the Dead - Bubble Bobble 2 and many other cool games.

There are 4 Colored fish to select and many areas like amusement park or ghost town, It starts with a huge square grid, We are standing on one side of a square, Initially, the sides are in black colour, we can highlight it (the color will be specified with the player's color ) by moving around the four sides of a square, we can obtain scores by highlight more and more squares, there are also some tools along the pathway, like making others square disappear, they have to make all over again, and there are some monsters, they move all over the square grid, they are blocking the players way and there are also weapons we can use. This game can be multi-played ... which is very awesome, and the graphics and everything in the game is nice as I can remember.

plz help me get its name, much thanks
Woah, this sounds very similar to what I'm looking for, and I only posted yesterday. Is the camera placed behing the Fish? And it's 3D, right?

Matu Lopez

Jun 24, 2018
Hey guys! I?ve been trying to find this game from my childhood for quite some time now.
It was one of those old arcade big pixeled atari like game. You were some secret agent/spy/thief. Kind of old school 50's, trench coat, a hat... at least that?s how I remmember it.
I'm not sure how the character got into the building, but he had to get throught the place collecting different items, a couple of them mandatory like the safe code and the safe itself, others optional like a shoe to walk faster or and umbrella to jump from the roof and scape on a car waiting for you downstairs.
The setting was like... It was almost like that Elevator Action but with a twist. There was a different playable stage in every door were you would find those objects. There were the bad guys chasing you up and down, but I don't remmember much shooting but dodging those bastards.

Ozzie Jarick

Jun 18, 2018
man its hard to remember but here i go the game i trying to remember had a fighting system similar to ff7 where you had to wait for your bar to fill up and i remember you start off as a kid who slightly later obtains a robot or mech not sure and also i can remember you can replace the weapon/armour/ i think power also and also i remember you move in a grid

WareWolffTen31

Oct 15, 2017
WareWolffTen31 said:
i've been trying to find an older game i remember playing around like 2000-2001 on Windows/PC as a kid, the game may not have been new at the time i played it, all i can remember is it being a detective (i think anyways) i remember the character having the coat and hat a sherlock holmes or noire type outfit, from what i remember it was a top down sort of view close to Super Mario RPG angle and had a more cartoon-ish look if i'm remembering correctly, also may or may not have been educational, any ideas?
even though it's been a while since i originally asked, i'm still trying to find what this was in case it got burried in others (i know a lot of posts are on here)

spike32

Feb 2, 2013
I'm looking for an old game for around the Windows 95/98 era. It was an educational game with a bunch of different minigames in it. One of them was Hangman except it was a monster in a box who breaks out piece by piece when you get letters wrong. Another minigame was a word search, where I believe the letters were in a cereal bowl and a cockroach would speak to you and make comments. The last minigame I remember is there's an old school movie projector and you guess the name of whatever the subject is, and I remember one of the answers being "Sonic the Hedgehog". Thanks in advance!

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
WareWolffTen31 said:
WareWolffTen31 said:
i've been trying to find an older game i remember playing around like 2000-2001 on Windows/PC as a kid, the game may not have been new at the time i played it, all i can remember is it being a detective (i think anyways) i remember the character having the coat and hat a sherlock holmes or noire type outfit, from what i remember it was a top down sort of view close to Super Mario RPG angle and had a more cartoon-ish look if i'm remembering correctly, also may or may not have been educational, any ideas?
even though it's been a while since i originally asked, i'm still trying to find what this was in case it got burried in others (i know a lot of posts are on here)
Except for the top down view, I'd want to say it's a Super Solvers game. Are you sure it was top down?

Renan Alencar

Jun 5, 2018
musictherapy said:
Renan Alencar said:
Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.
Could this be Recreational Warfare?
OMG Venus-chan you just found it! Thank you!

Mickey Mundy

Jun 29, 2018
okay so my game I played around early to mid 2000's or and it was a PC game on a CD and came with a plastic add on for the keyboard that was white with 4 circular buttons on the top half of the surface and one big green rectangle on the bottom half. this game was based on some kind of an Island with many minigames, one of which a monkey was trying to get to a banana and had to take one of 3 or so tangled paths with one of them leading to the banana. for some reason this game is highly associated to me and my sister with this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAtL7n_-rc which i believe to be the music for one of the minigames. Any help is greatly appreciated because this honestly is killing me!

gdmcgill

Aug 4, 2016
Panagioths Vlachakis said:
I have been trying to remember this game for quite some time.I used to play it in 2007 ,I am not certain about it being new back then since I was a kid .I can give you the following pointers.
-The logo was a Z in a circle and its color was orange.
-It was a building game set in an almost medieval time.
-You were a man trying to complete a village with certain attributes.
-You had a guide that was an old man with a silver/white beard and a cloak.
-The scenery was changing every some villages and every new scenery had a different host/character.(There were fields,snowy mountains,deserts,beaches etc.)
-There were no playable characters in the game.The host was just chatting with you.
-At the bottom of the screen there was a bar with all the available buildings if any.

Thanks a lot in advance.

It sounds a bit like Stronghold or Stronghold Crusader. In both of these games, you have an advisor who communicates to you the current status of your castle and if more resources are needed.

Cristian Mihalcea

Jul 1, 2018
Hello. So I remembered a game I used to play when I was much younger. This game is in space I guess and at the begining of the game you choose between a red or blue champion, one has sth like a lightsaber. This is a platforme game, and at the end of the level you had to fight with a big robot boss who flies and you can see only his foot when you shoot him. On other level you are on some trains and you have to jump from one to another. This is all I remember about this game.

Danilo Borin

Jul 4, 2018
I remember playing a game, I think it was rpg, the view of the game was from above and far. I think I had 4 characters, I remember an archer and a wizard. It was a giant territory and had several separations with monsters inside, the only monster I remember were the spiders and had to kill them
I had to get close to the gate for him to open and then the monsters in this cell would come out.
I think I played it on Windows 97 and I think it was a multiplayer game.
Sorry, my english is not my mother tongue

Help me, I can not find this game on google

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
The only one that still eludes me was a game I played as a kid (so sometime in the 90s) on a friend's home console. I forget what console but I think it was pre-PS1/N64. It had you in a jet, fighting a team of four other jets. I think it was 1st person but might have been 3rd. It had a looping music track that seemed to go for only about 5 seconds before looping again. I think the cover art for the game featured the black jet roaring at the camera, covering one corner of the box art.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Danilo Borin said:
I remember playing a game, I think it was rpg, the view of the game was from above and far. I think I had 4 characters, I remember an archer and a wizard. It was a giant territory and had several separations with monsters inside, the only monster I remember were the spiders and had to kill them
I had to get close to the gate for him to open and then the monsters in this cell would come out.
I think I played it on Windows 97 and I think it was a multiplayer game.
Sorry, my english is not my mother tongue

Help me, I can not find this game on google
My guess would be Get Medieval [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d7ZWswkCOk].