Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ners

Apr 19, 2018
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?
BUMP!
In case someone knows.
BUMPing

almosteasy

Oct 8, 2017
I posted this one a while back but didn?t have any luck so I will try again.
Looking for a dinosaur hunting PC game in the late 90?s- early 00?s.
I remember specifically a bow which shot explosive arrows. I know there were saber tooth tigers and Trexs for sure. There was a desert level.
P.S. : Its not Turok and its not Carnivores.
Thanks in advance.

Jul 7, 2018
is this thread still active?
i can't remember the name of this ps2 game, i played years ago on my brother's ps2 only a bit years ago but it cought my interest until now
you play as what seems to be a overweight middle-aged man, it started inside a hijacked airplane and you have to KO the hijackers by throwing forks at them, there is a scene where you open the toilet and you find a couple having their "fun time" inside, and after you landed you can free roam on a city and even you can enter a nightclub to watch a strip dancer
the gameplay is kind of freeroam and the graphic is 3d, seems to be similar to "sweet larry ps2" and you seems to be able to talk to the npc's
i hope there is someone on this thread who know the game :) thank you very much for reading guys :)

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Satria Ian Nusantara said:
i can't remember the name of this ps2 game, i played years ago on my brother's ps2 only a bit years ago but it cought my interest until now
you play as what seems to be a overweight middle-aged man, it started inside a hijacked airplane and you have to KO the hijackers by throwing forks at them, there is a scene where you open the toilet and you find a couple having their "fun time" inside, and after you landed you can free roam on a city and even you can enter a nightclub to watch a strip dancer
the gameplay is kind of freeroam and the graphic is 3d, seems to be similar to "sweet larry ps2" and you seems to be able to talk to the npc's
i hope there is someone on this thread who know the game :) thank you very much for reading guys :)
Happy to bring back the glory of Torrente 3: The Protector to yet another satisfied customer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z9mSrk655Q

Lorenzo Frank Zappa

Jul 7, 2018
Okay so, my memory may be a little fuzzy (the game dates back to 18 years ago circa), but I'll do my best.

I remember playing this cabinet game at the beach bar, you were what is probably an awakened experiment, humanoid, wearing a red vest with a white O on the chest, shooting energy rings (or powerups) to kill the enemies on your way. The style of the main character might remind you of a simple Dragon Ball character, so to speak. You were able to shoot in cross and diagonal directions, also when crouching. If an enemy touches you, you're dead, and disappear leaving a large white ring behind. I'm fairly sure a second player could join, but I may still be wrong.

The game is a side-scrolling action shooter with some platforming sections, pixel-style. I remember starting more or less in what seems to be a laboratory/factory level, and as you progress you also face an underwater one (maybe a large section?) and also a level in mud/quicksands. Enemies in the game are pretty "organic" and tend to look grotesque. Each level has a final boss, if I remember correctly.

I remember a cutscene, probably as you beat the final boss, of the protagonist going into a "Super Sayan" rage. Again, it's not Dragon Ball, it's just to give you an idea.

Please, help me find the name of this childhood memory!

WareWolffTen31

Oct 15, 2017
KaiYLowell said:
WareWolffTen31 said:
WareWolffTen31 said:
i've been trying to find an older game i remember playing around like 2000-2001 on Windows/PC as a kid, the game may not have been new at the time i played it, all i can remember is it being a detective (i think anyways) i remember the character having the coat and hat a sherlock holmes or noire type outfit, from what i remember it was a top down sort of view close to Super Mario RPG angle and had a more cartoon-ish look if i'm remembering correctly, also may or may not have been educational, any ideas?
even though it's been a while since i originally asked, i'm still trying to find what this was in case it got burried in others (i know a lot of posts are on here)
Except for the top down view, I'd want to say it's a Super Solvers game. Are you sure it was top down?
after looking up Super Solvers, no, that's not it, it wasn't colorful like that, the closest i can find gameplay wise is Scooby Doo: Mystery of the Fun Park Phantom also for windows, but this was not a scooby doo game, i've tried looking at games by the developers of this even to see if it possibly was the same developer for how similar it is

EDIT: Another one i just found that looks even closer is Little Big Adventure, but the character/setting isn't what i remember

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Lorenzo Frank Zappa said:
Okay so, my memory may be a little fuzzy (the game dates back to 18 years ago circa), but I'll do my best.

I remember playing this cabinet game at the beach bar, you were what is probably an awakened experiment, humanoid, wearing a red vest with a white O on the chest, shooting energy rings (or powerups) to kill the enemies on your way. The style of the main character might remind you of a simple Dragon Ball character, so to speak. You were able to shoot in cross and diagonal directions, also when crouching. If an enemy touches you, you're dead, and disappear leaving a large white ring behind. I'm fairly sure a second player could join, but I may still be wrong.

The game is a side-scrolling action shooter with some platforming sections, pixel-style. I remember starting more or less in what seems to be a laboratory/factory level, and as you progress you also face an underwater one (maybe a large section?) and also a level in mud/quicksands. Enemies in the game are pretty "organic" and tend to look grotesque. Each level has a final boss, if I remember correctly.

I remember a cutscene, probably as you beat the final boss, of the protagonist going into a "Super Sayan" rage. Again, it's not Dragon Ball, it's just to give you an idea.

Please, help me find the name of this childhood memory!

Thunder Hoop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D_tODj1yTQ&t=351s

Jul 7, 2018
StatusNil said:
Satria Ian Nusantara said:
Happy to bring back the glory of Torrente 3: The Protector to yet another satisfied customer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z9mSrk655Q
hey man, thanks a lot! now i am happy! thanks!

Hikari

Jul 8, 2018
Hi guys!
I am trying to find this game I played over 10 years ago on a PC.
Here's some detail that I still remember. It's a 2D RPG game with bird eye view/ some kind of top down perspective. It has character classes. It's tile based and I can move the character by clicking the ground tiles.
Something I remember strongly about this game that it has an icon that looks like a dungeon door. Also at some point in the game, I was able to break doors with some percentage of success.

I'm sorry that I don't remember much about the game. I really hope someone know this game, thank you in advance!

Crystalkitsune85

Jun 22, 2015
Okay so I posted this game like three years ago and I don't think anyone replied to my query back then, so I'm going to post the game again with a bit more detail.

The game I am looking for, is a sort of Sci-Fi, point and click adventure game for PC that I got a demo of off one of those 1000 game CDS back in the late 90's and the CD had a Wizard on it. When you popped the CD into your computer, you were offered a few full games but a lot of them were just demo games and this was one of them.

You start out, in this game on a dock, next to a boat. There is a person standing nearby and you walk over to him. You get the option to 'copy' his identity so you can use it later in the game. You point and click in the direction you want to go into and eventually you end up in this room that has pots and clay and what not. You take a lump of clay and with a series of simple puzzles, you create this medallion out of clay. You go into another area and put it into a kiln to make it solid. I *think* you use it on a door or something at the end, to unlock it. I'm not sure what happens after that because the demo ends there.

I think the game was 3D or very close to it. I'm not exactly sure on the year it was done, since the CD that I got had various games on it, but it'd have to be somewhere before 2000 since I moved in 2000 and I remember playing the game at our old house.

If you have any idea on what this game is can you Private Message it to me? Responses on this thread get lost easily so it'd be appreciated if you just message me the name(s) of any game you might think it'd be.

Thanks in advance!

Holvr YT

Oct 25, 2017
Foreword: Just in case you, dear reader, know any of those games below, I'd be most grateful if you'd send me a private message, instead of (or in addition to) replying in this thread. The reason is: I simply don't visit this thread very often and your reply could get buried somewhere within 40 new pages I won't have time to go through. Thank you.

Now to the meat: I'm looking for 2 games I've played at my friend's PC long, long time ago (almost 20 years ago).

GAME Nr. ONE:

- The game was definitely released in late 90' or very early 2000'.
- It was isometric, somewhat "point'n'click adventure" game mixed with RPG.
- Player could choose 1 of 4 characters to play with. There was a man, a woman, some kind of a beast-man (all I can remember about him is that when selected, he'd say "Igor... MAD!" or something) and either a short dude in duck-like helmet or actually a duck-man (it was too long ago for me to actually remember).
- 1st stage was in prison. The player escaped their cell by getting a key from a bread loaf. Later they had to talk to some guy that helped remove a slave collar they have been wearing.
- 2nd stage was in some docks. I vaguely remember the player had to buy a beer at a tavern for some drunk guy in exchange for something (I don't recall what it was... either a key or a potion).
- 3rd stage was on a ship full of zombies. I remember a moment in which the player had to use an invisibility potion in the right time to pass through a zombie-crowded area of the ship.

------------------------------------------------

GAME Nr. TWO:

First of all: Due to the game being about toys, let me say what I'm NOT looking for:
1) Toy Story based games.
2) Army-men (the lil' plastic soldiers) games.

Now to what I do remember about the game:

- 3rd person perspective. Perhaps there was an option to switch to 1st person, but unsure.
- The game was about toys, most/all of which were animal-like in shape, although many were bipedal.
- The toys have used guns to shoot each other.
- The game was happening in a living room (huge from the player's perspective, as you were playing as a tiny toy).
- The games mechanics revolved around switching characters by picking up special tokens with the character icon/portrait. Each character had an unique ability, for example a Cat could climb furniture and a Dragon could glide by pressing jump button repeatedly.
- As far as my friend told me, this game came pre-installed when he got his computer (Windows, probably 98 or 2000).

Thank you all in advance, and just as a reminder: I'd be grateful for sending me a PM if you know any of those games. Otherwise I might miss your answer.

ryuujinravex

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Guys!
I'm looking for an aprox 15-year-old PC game. Main items:
- 3rd person, possibly with 1st person option.
- Female protagonist, I think it was something like the daughter of an Emperor (killed near the beginning).
- The game is futuristic, probably in different planets.
- In some cases, had the option to choose the kind of armor, light, medium and heavy armor (like an exoskeleton).
- There was a key you hit and the character would skate, as in iceskating, but on any surface.
- There were a few levels in which, instead of the usual shooter, it would involve some sort of game/competition with or without teams.
Thank you all in advance!

Brianna Minor

Jul 11, 2018
Hello! I've been trying to remember this game I used to play about 10 years ago. I used to have a ds lite, and there was this game, where at the beginning of the game, it would ask a series of questions, the one question I remember was about a lake and how I would cross it. The other thing I remember about it was that it was pixelated and you would go around in dungeons fighting monsters or demons or something like that. I also believe that I played as a girl with silver hair and like, red or purple eyes. She was wearing armor like in this anime called Claymore. Aaand that's all I remember. If anyone knows what game I'm talking about, please let me know ASAP. Sorry about the crappy description, my memory sucks.

umbreon0902

Jan 25, 2018
remember the game and could've sworn it was on addicting games website but I cant find it but it was this car demolition game and I can remember there being multiple maps one was like an inner city at night one was this mayan temple and the stairs on the temple could be driven up there was like this cargo bay map and the cars had like rockets and guns you could ram into cars to destroy them there was also like retractable sawblades from the sides of the cars that are shaped like shark fins almost but I cant really think of it I know its like a browser game it wasn't an actual game for console or anything but I cant really place it but I remember so fondly I think I played it around 2012? ish? I mean I remember being about 11-12 and im 18 now so I mean it was years ago

Marwan Abdulsalam

Jul 16, 2018
I remember playing a game that i guess its like 12 to 13 years old ..all i remember is that it was a demo where u play with 3 or 4 or 5 characters ,i cant exactly remember, where u fight enemies with these characters ... it was a bird eye view game ..i remember that when the characters would rest it shows them in 3d sitting around a fire .. i also remember that its a click game and at the end of the demo was a big door with an eye on it ...what i remember the most was that its icon was a red eye ide be very happy if someone helped me find that game i really need it .. thank you

Patrick Stokes

Jul 18, 2018
hey guys im looking for an old game i played in my child hood i think it was late 90s to early 2000s when i played it but the game had open world aspect free roam you started the game in a cell or dungeon and you fought skeletons on the way out and you had to loot while i dont remember the entire game i know you had one life and it was a hard game i dont think it had a save system in it either while only knowing this i know the game got harder and harder and it was unforgiving it also was a male main character and a 3rd person view where you could see you character at all times. i really need help finding it. please help

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Patrick Stokes said:
hey guys im looking for an old game i played in my child hood i think it was late 90s to early 2000s when i played it but the game had open world aspect free roam you started the game in a cell or dungeon and you fought skeletons on the way out and you had to loot while i dont remember the entire game i know you had one life and it was a hard game i dont think it had a save system in it either while only knowing this i know the game got harder and harder and it was unforgiving it also was a male main character and a 3rd person view where you could see you character at all times. i really need help finding it. please help
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionheart%3A_Legacy_of_the_Crusader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCRAkq4N3q0

Patrick Stokes

Jul 18, 2018
looked at it but thats not the one what the game is is like an rpg rougelike i wish i had a picture icould show but lion heart isnt the one