Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

harpua1982

Sep 28, 2013
There is this Arcade game that I used to play when I went to the dentist somewhere between 1986-1992 maybe that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. It was at the dentist's office, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a highly sought after arcade unit (didn't see it in the major arcades downtown). From what I remember, the game was a side-scroller, but you drove a car that could jump pretty high. I know you had to dodge bullets/bombs and had to jump over crumbled bridges in a post-apocalyptic future. It was 1-2 players and you had to advance levels in a linear based process. In between the levels, you would see a topographical view of the world.

Sorry for the lack of information, but I'm hoping this may hit a chord w/ someone else.

Foresigh

Sep 28, 2013
saneczki said:
Hello. I'm looking for PC game 96-2000r.
You can control from 1 to 6-8 yellow blob or egg that gathers resources and builds workshops, it can also plant and eat tomatoes and some fruits, the game is a pc 3D eagle eye view. I remember that there were bulldozers (on higher level) that can kill your yellow creature if You make mistake:D
When they eat tomatoes they said: " Mniam mniam i eat finish" :). Funny game. Goal is to survive and move creatures to X point.

I'm also trying to find this game, and found this forum xD

I remember one mission where a forest is on fire, and we needed to make our "crew" of those yellow eggs (I always called them yellow m&m's cuz they look alike) cross a river, but we needed to make a bridge first.

If you found the game can you let me know pls cuz I rly want to play it again

the name of the game had "Planet" or "World" on it if I good remember.

Thank you in advance.

Lostlita

Sep 28, 2013
Hi all, there's a game I played when I was little in the 90's, and there's this host character who is a male blue-colored creature with a hooked nose and googly eyes like a character from sesame street. there are minigames in it, and in one you had to move a basket across the floor of a chicken coop to catch eggs and avoid rotten ones, and another minigame where you had to fix an airport conveyor belt so luggage could pass through... I hope someone knows the title

thyderion

Sep 28, 2013
One game that is killing me. Its a age of empire kinda of game. medvil times in genre. What i can remember is the map. Generally split into four or maybe more area's you started off in the bottom left as(a blue color to signify your territory.) And the enemy was red. And you had to fight each area with your soldiers, horseman etc till you got to the enemy's area and conquered them. I remember playing this game when i was very young. Around the time of the Caesars 2/3, Warcraft 2 Maybe 3. But all i can remember is the map of this game being split into four square like teritories and training soilders and moving arcroos going up from the bottom left then right and then eventually down to win. I will kiss the person who can remind me of this Title.

Foresigh

Sep 28, 2013
Foresigh said:
saneczki said:
Hello. I'm looking for PC game 96-2000r.
You can control from 1 to 6-8 yellow blob or egg that gathers resources and builds workshops, it can also plant and eat tomatoes and some fruits, the game is a pc 3D eagle eye view. I remember that there were bulldozers (on higher level) that can kill your yellow creature if You make mistake:D
When they eat tomatoes they said: " Mniam mniam i eat finish" :). Funny game. Goal is to survive and move creatures to X point.

I'm also trying to find this game, and found this forum xD

I remember one mission where a forest is on fire, and we needed to make our "crew" of those yellow eggs (I always called them yellow m&m's cuz they look alike) cross a river, but we needed to make a bridge first.

If you found the game can you let me know pls cuz I rly want to play it again

the name of the game had "Planet" or "World" on it if I good remember.

Thank you in advance.

Finally found the game

It's: Planet Blupi

VasileD

Jul 10, 2013
I'm not sure if this game has been mentioned before but its an old RTS where you had to choose between three different nation-tribes with various characteristics, like, one of them I remember had this very dark type of culture and you could gain some sort of resource by sacrificing your workers and one of the others had this very "in-tune-with-nature" type vibe. Anyway, it had interesting mechanics, like your troops getting sick or tired if they marched while running for too long and you had to take them slowly from one side of the map to the other. I also remember that, at some point, the Roman Empire would appear on the map and they were like the big baddie of the game. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I would be so very grateful because I really loved that game when I was a kid.

VasileD

Jul 10, 2013
fatballs said:
theres a game i played around 2000, basically u were a wizard i think, and u went around picking up items to use elsewhere in order to progress through the game, the bloke that u were had orange hair and just wore a blue robe. It was a pc game, point and click and i think the point of it was to get something back for a king. It had alot of stupid stuff in it like cinemas and marlyn monroe even thought the time setting was supposed to be medieval. can anyone help
I think you're talking about Simon the Sorcerer, it sounds very similar, either one of the first two, which were 2D, or the third one which was 3D (but I don't think so because in the 3D one he had a red robe).

Robin Forsman

Sep 29, 2013
I played a game in the late 90s early 2000 where the goal of the game where to kill each other with various bombs and you could build walls. You could play versus on one keyboard on the same computer. Kinda like a advanced bomberman! It was in something cave like so you hade to dig your way through the map. I remember that one of the biggest bombs blev upp more or less half the map.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Robin Forsman said:
I played a game in the late 90s early 2000 where the goal of the game where to kill each other with various bombs and you could build walls. You could play versus on one keyboard on the same computer. Kinda like a advanced bomberman! It was in something cave like so you hade to dig your way through the map. I remember that one of the biggest bombs blev upp more or less half the map.
Sounds like Liero ( http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/liero1.gif )

( Liero Extreme is the most stable version for modern computers )

Robin Forsman

Sep 29, 2013
Doomgriever said:
Robin Forsman said:

Very similar to that! But as i remember it this was more square and larger maps.

Robin Forsman

Sep 29, 2013
Robin Forsman said:
Doomgriever said:
Robin Forsman said:

Very similar to that! But as i remember it this was more square and larger maps.
Found it! MineBombers! :D

Sep 29, 2013
So I used to (try to) play this game when i was little in the 90s. Pretty sure it was one the first playstation. I could never get passed the first page. It was a 2 dimensional platform game, a little scary. you were this little guy and it started out right out pitch black, i couldnt even see my character. Every time i would try to run to the next page these killer things (i thought they were cats haha) would kill me.... thats all i remember cuz thats as far as i ever got, but now i want a rematch...

skizwkolix

Sep 29, 2013
Hello.i remember playing a ps2 game i think it was japanese not sure.The main character was cover of the game(EU)i think he had brown hair and a white and black shirt and kind of lighting powers.when the game stars you wake up in a strange place and as you go froward you find a strange guy with green hair and some kind of spider powers.and i remember a bad blonde guy with a red cyber eye and in a scene he somehow turned the humas he killed in zombies.thats all i rember i hope you can help

zacshely77700

Sep 29, 2013
okay. so i really wanna find this old game my sister let me play when i was younger. 1990's game, about a girl (think the name of the game started with a E and it was the girls name) you wake up in a labyrinth and you dont know where you are. so you walk around and pick stuff up and solve puzzles. you find a pool of water in a little fountain. its a point and click game where your in a dusty labyrinth. you move from screen to screen, and it had myst like graphics, pretty good for a game of that time.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS GAME IS PLEASE

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
Format: RTS or TBS... Poooosssibly RPG
Platform: PC
Release date: 2002-2004

I remember playing a beautiful game with graphics VERY similar to Age of Wonders, but the big difference is that don't believe I ever had to manage unit production. In this game, your Mage/wizard/whatever would wonder around the terrain (top-view) fighting others wizards/mages/whatever.

The thing that stands out most to me is that the nature/elemental class could summon some kind of tree or dryad. The unit started out very weak, but if it reached a certain amount of experience, it was became the strongest.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

dannytnc

Nov 16, 2012
So, there are two PC games I'm trying to find.
The first one is a game that if I remember correctly, it was a father trying to rescue his daughter, it involved Egypt or something like that, I think it was an adventure game, not sure if point and click, and I think it was meant for adults because in its front cover it had topless drawn women.
The second game was a racing bike game, it had 3d graphics, and I think the character you use was dressed in green. It may be similar to Road Rash, but that's all I can remember.
Both of them were released on CDs. Does anyone know any of them?

Anthony Scofield

Sep 30, 2013
Hello, im think of a game on the Ps1 or Ps2 Where you played a character that had to go into a tower to fight things and you found a little helper or something in the begining that you could name i really need to KNOW!! :)

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
Inokai Nemis said:
ok this one has eaten at me for a while, its an rpg game for the playstation 1 or 2. it felt like a final fantasy 7 ripoff, very text heavy. i remember a robot party member and the main character was a pirate i think, it felt very steampunk. the only other information i have is that when the robot characters text showed up on screen it was displayed in a digital font which caught my eye. i havnt played this game in a very long time sorry for the lack of info
I don't remember if the robot's text appeared differently, but Chrono Trigger bears a striking resemblance to FFVII and features a robot. Do a google image search and LMK.

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
Isaac Garza said:
So, this was on the PC I'm sure. I played it when I was around 7 or 8 I think. It's a side-scrolling game where you pilot this space ship and you have weapons that upgrade every level. One set of weapons I remember is where you have this trio of balls circling around your ship and you're blasting away at everything. IIRC, you're shooting at rocks and (maybe?) enemies, but the end of each stage you would fight a boss. I remember vaguely that the final boss was some robot-looking thing off to the right edge of the screen. You're flying through space, and the graphics were pretty decent from what I remember. Was *not* top-down.
Sounds like R-Type or Gradius III, but those were SNES. Maybe you were playing a ROM?