Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Nick Savanah said:
It was a windows pc game ive always thought it ws called mel you used lasers and fans etc to progress???
Maybe it was TIM (the incredible machine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine_%28series%29

hvlcom

Oct 1, 2013
Somebody remenber a game from late 80's. All is about tunnels and skeletons jumping from walls, the view is like a ant farm
you can see a transversal cut of the tunnels. i remember something like a pirate ship at some point. I was a kid, i just remember that. i really apreciate the name if the information is enough.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
hvlcom said:
Somebody remenber a game from late 80's. All is about tunnels and skeletons jumping from walls, the view is like a ant farm
you can see a transversal cut of the tunnels. i remember something like a pirate ship at some point. I was a kid, i just remember that. i really apreciate the name if the information is enough.
On what platform was it?

On C64 it could be Where's my Bones? (but there were a lot of this games in the mid-end 80's)

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D2843

hvlcom

Oct 1, 2013
Thank you very much. this is not the game, however is similar, i remenber that the walls was sand color, in fact
the alls are made of sand, like mines. I remember skelletons emergin from walls or ground. The perspective of ant farm is the same in the game you say.

About the platform, it was a coin machine. i dont remember brand or platform.

Best regards and thank youuu!!!

Roman78 said:
hvlcom said:
On what platform was it?

On C64 it could be Where's my Bones? (but there were a lot of this games in the mid-end 80's)

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D2843
Roman78 said:
hvlcom said:
On what platform was it?

amgb2

Oct 1, 2013
I am trying to remember the name of a puzzle/platform game from the windows 95/98 era - I think I got a demo version on a magazine cover disk or similar. You controlled a tiny wizard in a level made of blocks and you could tap the blocks with your wand to make them recede into the background temporarily to trap enemies or make passageways. There was a one-player and a two-player version of each level and often the two were quite different. The demo had one level from each of five worlds. The first world was set in a castle and was quite action oriented in that you had to escape a knight who was chasing you and possibly rescue some peasants. The later worlds were more puzzle oriented and the levels seemed hugely complex with various switches and blocks to push, but always fit onto a single screen. I think there was a jungle world, a cloud world and a laboratory world. I can't imagine too many games fitting this description but for the life of me I can't remember the name. Any ideas?

stevieaa

Oct 1, 2013
Hi all, I've been dying to remember the name of an old text-based game for PC's from the 80's. It took place in a bank in Zurich and included Bankers, Trustees and Sheiks in mini battles. Please help a brother out!

Siweox

Sep 30, 2013
Chris Esquibel said:
Siweox said:
Hello gentlemen!

I'd like to enlist your exceptional help in my search for an old and possibly extinct game.

What I remember clearly:
It was an RTS-style game, very reminiscent of Starcraft, both in gameplay, graphics and the "2,5D"-viewpoint.
The game was focused around skirmishes against an npc, you'd collect resources, built your base, research upgrades for your units and customize them a lot. Upgrades included new weapons, chassis etc.
I distinctly remember the first unit to bi a bi-pedal mech-like unit.

What I think I remember:
It may have been made around the same time as starcraft.
The name of the game may be something along the lines of Iron something, something fury.
The bipedal unit I mentioned may very well pride the cover of the game.

I've actually been searching for the game for some time, finding nothing whatsoever of it, I've concluded it couldn't have been a commercial succes, not even particularly acclaimed. It is perhaps even a pet-project never released to the public.

Despite all this, I sincerely hope that you lovable people can help me.

Best of luck, and thank you for you efforts.
Simon

Total shot in the dark: CyberStorm, or CyberStorm 2: corporate wars
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be what I was looking for, but I can definitely see the similarities!

When comparing gameplay from Cyberstorm 2 to my fragmented memory of the mystery game, mine was way more fast paced, and perhaps a few years younger.

The graphics and art, if I recall correctly, was also more modern. Think along the lines of Tiberian Sun for comparison.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Simon

Fireaxe

Sep 30, 2013
There was a browser game of sorts around in the late 1990s/early 2000s; you created a creature (a herbivore or carnivore) and it just went on its way without any interaction from you, but you could observe it as it ate things / reproduced / killed predators. Primitive as heck but I can't for the life of me remember its name.

Siweox

Sep 30, 2013
Siweox said:
Chris Esquibel said:
Siweox said:
Hello gentlemen!

I'd like to enlist your exceptional help in my search for an old and possibly extinct game.

What I remember clearly:
It was an RTS-style game, very reminiscent of Starcraft, both in gameplay, graphics and the "2,5D"-viewpoint.
The game was focused around skirmishes against an npc, you'd collect resources, built your base, research upgrades for your units and customize them a lot. Upgrades included new weapons, chassis etc.
I distinctly remember the first unit to bi a bi-pedal mech-like unit.

What I think I remember:
It may have been made around the same time as starcraft.
The name of the game may be something along the lines of Iron something, something fury.
The bipedal unit I mentioned may very well pride the cover of the game.

I've actually been searching for the game for some time, finding nothing whatsoever of it, I've concluded it couldn't have been a commercial succes, not even particularly acclaimed. It is perhaps even a pet-project never released to the public.

Despite all this, I sincerely hope that you lovable people can help me.

Best of luck, and thank you for you efforts.
Simon

Total shot in the dark: CyberStorm, or CyberStorm 2: corporate wars
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be what I was looking for, but I can definitely see the similarities!

When comparing gameplay from Cyberstorm 2 to my fragmented memory of the mystery game, mine was way more fast paced, and perhaps a few years younger.

The graphics and art, if I recall correctly, was also more modern. Think along the lines of Tiberian Sun for comparison.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Simon
I suddenly seem to recall that the name was Iron or Metal-something "Furie". eg. Iron Furie.

Perhaps that'll spark some memories, somewhere!

Simon

Intamea

Oct 1, 2013
I've been looking for this game for a while, maybe you guys can help me out:

What I remember about the game was it was back around '97 when I played it. It was some kind of a mystery game. From what I recall of the story line, some little girl went missing, and you have to go around town looking for clues. I remember one of the clues you find is wolf hair. If I remember correctly, it was more of an adult's game.

ALSO

There's another game I've been looking for but can't remember the name of. You travel back in time and talk to people in order to "save history" or something. You have technology that allows you to take on the appearance of anyone you talk to. The front cover of the game was you in some armor/alien suit thing looking at an ancient picture of yourself on a wall...

Message me if you can help me out!

Intamea

Oct 1, 2013
Fireaxe said:
There was a browser game of sorts around in the late 1990s/early 2000s; you created a creature (a herbivore or carnivore) and it just went on its way without any interaction from you, but you could observe it as it ate things / reproduced / killed predators. Primitive as heck but I can't for the life of me remember its name.
Also, I know Operation: Genesis is what this game sounds like to me exactly. You build and breed dinosaurs and create habitats for them, and watch them eat and run and play and procreate. Only you didn't mention dinosaurs. Hope this helps. And if not, at least you found a cool new dinosaur game. :D

AnQliz

Sep 28, 2013
Hi everyone. I have been annoyed for a couple months now, and I still can't find out what the game is called and it just grinds my gears, so hopefully someone can help me.

I don't remember much but heres what i know:

* It has some kind of red fox/wolf main caracter, and you could change to a girl aswell.
* You could do missions.
* I remember a red car that i was driving all the time.
* I'm not sure about where i played it, and when.. But i think it was on PS2 about 7 years ago.
* And I can remember crocodiles, i dont know why.
* I remember a big hangar that i unlocked after i did missions.
* And I remember the name Sally (i think)

I know theres little information, but hopefully someome might be able to figure out this,

Pablose

Oct 1, 2013
Hi guys!

I just saw this thread searching for the games I'm going to ask for and thought I had to register and ask to see if any of you knows which game I'm talking about.

I can't remember a lot, but here's my take:

- It was an old soccer/football game in which the teams were composed of animals. You could pick the team of the dogs, rabbits, cats, etc...
- I can't remember what device it was for, though :(
- I also remember you could do some kind of special kick in which the ball would catch fire. If you scored a goal with that, you ignited the goal (and sometimes the goalkeeper).
- Can't really remember a lot more... There were some different stadiums I think.

And now that I'm up to this, I can remember another game which I played lots of years ago on the PC (maybe 12 years ago or so).

My memory about it is very fuzzy, but maybe someone can guess the game I'm talking about.

The game I had was a demo, so I don't have much details either:

- I think the character you played was yellow.
- You could swim in the water (I believe you were at a beach or somewhere similar) but if you got too deep you were always eaten by piranhas or some kind of fish (red-coloured, i believe).
- I think in the demo you found some sort of alien ship or something like that.

That's all I can remember...

Hope some of you know these games and can help me out.

I will also try and give a hand to you if I can.

Thanks a lot!

Arvin

Oct 1, 2013
I really want to know the name of a old game.

It was a 2D puzzle game where you could make your own inventions and machines, by chaining events together. You had all sorts of random things to work with like a cat, that would walk if he saw a mice, that would run towards cheese, but away from the cat. And nitroclicerine, dynamite, antigravity platforms, bowling balls, bars of any material (steel, wood, stone, etc)just too mutch stuff to work with.

I think it is a 90's game, I believe there was something with a lab in the name or the name of the main character, that was a scientist/inventor.

You could play in a free build mode, but you could also do puzzles, where you only get a certain amount of objects to finish a invention.

Im sorry for my bad english, but i really loved this game and i would love to play it again. If anyone has the slightest clue what game im talking about, please do tell me :)

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Arvin said:
I really want to know the name of a old game.

It was a 2D puzzle game where you could make your own inventions and machines, by chaining events together. You had all sorts of random things to work with like a cat, that would walk if he saw a mice, that would run towards cheese, but away from the cat. And nitroclicerine, dynamite, antigravity platforms, bowling balls, bars of any material (steel, wood, stone, etc)just too mutch stuff to work with.

I think it is a 90's game, I believe there was something with a lab in the name or the name of the main character, that was a scientist/inventor.

You could play in a free build mode, but you could also do puzzles, where you only get a certain amount of objects to finish a invention.

Im sorry for my bad english, but i really loved this game and i would love to play it again. If anyone has the slightest clue what game im talking about, please do tell me :)
Sounds like one of the games from the series The Incredible Machine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine_(series)

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Intamea said:
I've been looking for this game for a while, maybe you guys can help me out:

What I remember about the game was it was back around '97 when I played it. It was some kind of a mystery game. From what I recall of the story line, some little girl went missing, and you have to go around town looking for clues. I remember one of the clues you find is wolf hair. If I remember correctly, it was more of an adult's game.

ALSO

There's another game I've been looking for but can't remember the name of. You travel back in time and talk to people in order to "save history" or something. You have technology that allows you to take on the appearance of anyone you talk to. The front cover of the game was you in some armor/alien suit thing looking at an ancient picture of yourself on a wall...

Message me if you can help me out!
The first game is Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within.

The second game is The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
AnQliz said:
Hi everyone. I have been annoyed for a couple months now, and I still can't find out what the game is called and it just grinds my gears, so hopefully someone can help me.

I don't remember much but heres what i know:

* It has some kind of red fox/wolf main caracter, and you could change to a girl aswell.
* You could do missions.
* I remember a red car that i was driving all the time.
* I'm not sure about where i played it, and when.. But i think it was on PS2 about 7 years ago.
* And I can remember crocodiles, i dont know why.
* I remember a big hangar that i unlocked after i did missions.
* And I remember the name Sally (i think)

I know theres little information, but hopefully someome might be able to figure out this,
Crash Bandicoot series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Bandicoot

brewcrew

Oct 2, 2013
Ok, I joined this forum just because I have been trying to figure out a game I used to play as a kid in the early 90's. I am pretty sure that it is a NES title, could be SNES, but I am not 100%. It was a side scrolling mine game that you would be able to climb up and down ladders(maybe ropes). I remember that the ground was a blue/green color. It might have been like Super Pitfall, but I know that isn't the game. I am having a difficult time remembering anything else about it other than I would rent it from a local grocery store.

Thanks in advance for any help!