Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
^^ Or Katakis / Denaris (r-type clone) but thats on C64 and converted to Amiga (maybe also an emulator)

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
Freeagentrider91 said:
tonyh900 said:
Freeagentrider91 said:
Alright i got one for you guys. Its been probably ten years or so since i have played this game but i know it was a cartridge game. My friend and i used to play it and he moved away. You were these two fighters on the streets fighting thugs but you could pick up guns from your enemies. I cant find anything like that when i google it. Any help would be awesome!
I know it's not double, final fight or streets of rage. My only ideas are river city ransome(nes), or burning fight(neo geo)
Neither of those games look familiar. I thought for sure you could pick up guns but now i'm second guessing myself
Guns, or a gun? I think Heavy Barrel and Bad Dudes were kind of like this.

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
cloroxbb said:
bvazz said:
Hi everybody, I'm trying to find a SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive) game that I would guess was released sometime around 1993-1996.

I have gone through literally every one of the 915 games Wikipedia has listed as being released on the Genesis.

It was a platformer with colorful graphics and a sort of cartoonish style. I remember one level in particular and it had either a waterfall or a big ladder on one side of the screen but other than that I cannot find this game for the life of me. Anybody have any clues?
Ristar?
Earthworm Jim?

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
crowley77 said:
any1 remembers a very old game where you had to create squares while a lightning bolt was roaming around and trying to catch you anytime you left your safe space?
Sounds like QIX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENCH1XW7Gls

shoma

Sep 30, 2013
It was a RPG game (3d type format) about a girl who had to awaken a dragon and with the dragon help, had to travel to find her brother and rescue him from the evil forces who stilled her brother and killed all the people of the village where they were living. Girl was riding the dragon and was able to gain different abilities for the dragon like frozen ice ball, lighting, poison fire ball, etc and had to travel in different worlds and maps and recover some ancient places. also she was able to choose different weapons and each weapon had maximum life of using and was able to fix it somehow to make work longer. The game was starting form the ruined village and the girl had to go to the church or temple to find a secret stairs to the sleeping dragon cave and there was lots of hidden traps in the cave that she had to pass to get to the dragon. That is what I remember and it was about 1999-2000.

thanks

eversonbarros

Sep 25, 2013
shoma said:
It was a RPG game (3d type format) about a girl who had to awaken a dragon and with the dragon help, had to travel to find her brother and rescue him from the evil forces who stilled her brother and killed all the people of the village where they were living. Girl was riding the dragon and was able to gain different abilities for the dragon like frozen ice ball, lighting, poison fire ball, etc and had to travel in different worlds and maps and recover some ancient places. also she was able to choose different weapons and each weapon had maximum life of using and was able to fix it somehow to make work longer. The game was starting form the ruined village and the girl had to go to the church or temple to find a secret stairs to the sleeping dragon cave and there was lots of hidden traps in the cave that she had to pass to get to the dragon. That is what I remember and it was about 1999-2000.

thanks
Maybe it is Breath of Fire IV. For which system you played this game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breath_of_Fire_IV

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
shoma said:

thanks
Sounds like Drakan: Order of the Flame.

shoma

Sep 30, 2013
Coldie said:
shoma said:

thanks
Sounds like Drakan: Order of the Flame.
Yep very true, ohhhh such a big relief. Coldie ur a life saver lol

Ville Tarpila

Sep 30, 2013
Hey.

What is the name of game that i played when i was little boy. It started like you spawn middle of nowhere in the forest. You didnt have any memories about what the *** was going on but you found pocketknife next to you and you can cut small trees with it.

Idea of the game was find a way out. you were surrounded by big walls and area where you play was really big. There was some other people helping you and sellin/trading stuff that can help you. game was top perspective.

Hopefully somebody figure out what is the name of this game :) And sorry about bad english. It´s not my motherlanguage :)

Siweox

Sep 30, 2013
Hello gentlemen!

I'd like to enlist your exceptional help in my search for an old and possibly extinct game.

What I remember clearly:
It was an RTS-style game, very reminiscent of Starcraft, both in gameplay, graphics and the "2,5D"-viewpoint.
The game was focused around skirmishes against an npc, you'd collect resources, built your base, research upgrades for your units and customize them a lot. Upgrades included new weapons, chassis etc.
I distinctly remember the first unit to bi a bi-pedal mech-like unit.

What I think I remember:
It may have been made around the same time as starcraft.
The name of the game may be something along the lines of Iron something, something fury.
The bipedal unit I mentioned may very well pride the cover of the game.

I've actually been searching for the game for some time, finding nothing whatsoever of it, I've concluded it couldn't have been a commercial succes, not even particularly acclaimed. It is perhaps even a pet-project never released to the public.

Despite all this, I sincerely hope that you lovable people can help me.

Best of luck, and thank you for you efforts.
Simon

Moranda Parsons

Sep 30, 2013
in the 90's I played a 2D game where there was a fat guy whose house got blown up and he got shot across country. to make it back you had to make it to the top platform of each level. one of the levels of was a jail filled with ghost one of which was sitting on the toilet with a newspaper. if you walked away from the screen the fat guy would start farting and picking his nose.

Peter Andersen

Nov 15, 2010
Hi guys.

I need help with remembering a game. It was a Real-Time Strategy game on the PC set in the future. It's an old game, possibly came out in the 90's. I remember you built your structures inside some sort of space station, which was separated into different areas. You started in one area, and when you built enough stuff, the next part was unlocked for you to also build stuff in. You could even eventually expand to an outside ecological environment I think. It was primarily a building game, without much or any military stuff at all. I believe you could see all your workers and civilians walking around your station too.

Any help is appreciated! :D

Bundyclan

Jun 12, 2013
Hello guys!
I've found every game I've played except for one.
- It is a 3rd person platformer.
- We were playing with a kid on islands
- There were kids playing on the shore and making sandcastles which you could destroy.
- In the demo if you tried to swim to the other islands a shark ate you.
It had nice colors in the game and it had a decent graphics for it's time. It has been between 1998-2001.

montcer9012

Sep 30, 2013
Hi. This thread is kinda missy, but i hope someone help me out.

There was a really old game, run on DOS, i am not sure if it was a demo or the complete game but you play as a cyborg who can change his form into a TRex, a short bot and i think the third was a human form. You were on a jungle, and you have to be over some obstacles. I remember there was an alligator near the beginning. After you get out of the jungle you reach a city.

Graphics were like Flashback or Out Of This World.

zacshely77700

Sep 29, 2013
okay. so i really wanna find this old game my sister let me play when i was younger. 1990's game, about a girl (think the name of the game started with a E and it was the girls name) you wake up in a labyrinth and you dont know where you are. so you walk around and pick stuff up and solve puzzles. you find a pool of water in a little fountain. its a point and click game where your in a dusty labyrinth. you move from screen to screen, and it had myst like graphics, pretty good for a game of that time.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS GAME IS PLEASE

also it was for the computer

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
Siweox said:
Hello gentlemen!

I'd like to enlist your exceptional help in my search for an old and possibly extinct game.

What I remember clearly:
It was an RTS-style game, very reminiscent of Starcraft, both in gameplay, graphics and the "2,5D"-viewpoint.
The game was focused around skirmishes against an npc, you'd collect resources, built your base, research upgrades for your units and customize them a lot. Upgrades included new weapons, chassis etc.
I distinctly remember the first unit to bi a bi-pedal mech-like unit.

What I think I remember:
It may have been made around the same time as starcraft.
The name of the game may be something along the lines of Iron something, something fury.
The bipedal unit I mentioned may very well pride the cover of the game.

I've actually been searching for the game for some time, finding nothing whatsoever of it, I've concluded it couldn't have been a commercial succes, not even particularly acclaimed. It is perhaps even a pet-project never released to the public.

Despite all this, I sincerely hope that you lovable people can help me.

Best of luck, and thank you for you efforts.
Simon

Total shot in the dark: CyberStorm, or CyberStorm 2: corporate wars

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
montcer9012 said:
Hi. This thread is kinda missy, but i hope someone help me out.

There was a really old game, run on DOS, i am not sure if it was a demo or the complete game but you play as a cyborg who can change his form into a TRex, a short bot and i think the third was a human form. You were on a jungle, and you have to be over some obstacles. I remember there was an alligator near the beginning. After you get out of the jungle you reach a city.

Graphics were like Flashback or Out Of This World.
Might be Metal Mutant.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
LaRodilla said:
Hey guys, I have a few games that were originally made probably in the late 80's early 90's and were on floppy disk.I played them around the mid 90's

so the first one I thought for SURE was just called "Three" and I used to play it in the computer lab at school. The game essentially had a main segment where you are an alien in a spaceship being asked questions about the states of the US. History questions and whatnot. You'd answer about 10 then you get a mini-game of sorts. The one I remember most had maybe 5 or 6 horizontal columns on the screen, and the character you control is at the bottom. little orange pokey guys with big thick nerd glasses start coming on screen in the columns from the left and right, and the object is to hit them with comic books. If you don't hit them they come closer to the bottom of the screen, getting increasingly faster (invaders style)

The second one is a bit harder to describe because I was very young when I played it. All I remember was, it was like a tactical war type game, and for the most part all you see is a top down view of a tank (or something like it) that you control, and then the grey tiled floor. I also remember being horrified of a creepy grey face that would appear (i'm assuming) after you clear an area, like a stage boss.

The third game was very colorful, and you were a guy in an office building, in an office chair with wheels, going around the building getting items and solving puzzles.

the fourth one is probably the most fuzzy in my memory, and I'm not even sure if it was for NES or floppy. What I remember was a dungeon like setting, and an old man (maybe a wizard) and some crystals. It's for sure not Final Fantasy, or D&D, and I remember lots of colors, like maybe 16 so I'm inclined to think it was a floppy.

If you can help with any of these games I would be really happy! These have been racking my brain for 20 years!
The last one could be The Imortal for the NES. You played as an old wizard.

zacshely77700

Sep 29, 2013
okay. so i really wanna find this old game my sister let me play when i was younger. 1990's game, about a girl (think the name of the game started with a E and it was the girls name) you wake up in a labyrinth and you dont know where you are. so you walk around and pick stuff up and solve puzzles. you find a pool of water in a little fountain. its a point and click game where your in a dusty labyrinth. you move from screen to screen, and it had myst like graphics, pretty good for a game of that time.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS GAME IS PLEASE

also it was for the computer