Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

SanPanda

Oct 7, 2013
Munky Langlands said:
SanPanda said:
I remember playing an old pc game. I played sometime 1996 to 1999 probably. The view was like you were only in one room at a time, you could move up and down ladders or maybe stairs, and side to side. You could see the whole room and all the floors/levels and the stairs/ladders. You had to reach a door or something else to get to another room. Maybe it's that you started at the bottom and always had to reach the top. It kind of looked like a castle. I think the character you played may have been a wizard in a robe, matching cap too I think. I remember collecting green potions. I don't remember what any of the enemies looked like. I was only able to play this game for half an hour and not every day. That and the things I was going through as a child makes it hard to remember much of what went on let alone details of the game but every now and then I wonder what it was and if it would still be fun. If I could find it now...well I can play for more than half an hour at a time ;)
Gauntlet?
No, I just looked up the pictures for that one and it wasn't it. Also, the view wasn't from the top like that.

bretap

Oct 8, 2013
I would love to figure out what this old PC strategy game is. I played it in the early 90's, but I am not sure when it was made...
I remember it being a 2 player game. Each player started somewhere on a map that wasn't explored yet. It involved mythical creatures/wizards, and had forts that served as unit production, to help you eventually take over the map from your opponent.
I hope that isn't to vague!

Ricky-Tikki-Tavi

Jun 25, 2012
Seth Riley said:
Ricky-Tikki-Tavi said:
Ok, This has haunted me for years. I really hope someone can help me!

There is this game I played for the PC. I don't know specifics, but it was on a floppy disc and I was addicted to something Sega had called the "Sega Channel" at the time, if that helps date it. It was a point and click and took place in space, I think. I'm not sure because you end up going into some temple. The temple's walls were purple, or maybe more bluish, and there may have been some arrows on the ground. What set this apart from other Point and click adventures was that you were able to get into battles with what I remember being lizardmen. When you go to fight them, a picture of your guy doing kung fu would appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I can detail the man, too. He was dressed in purple and had a silver helmet. My memories are clouded with Darth Vader, so I remember the helmet looking like that, but it could vary. You only see the upper half of the man screaming and thrusting punches and karate chops at the screen. I would die often, though I remember getting some laser baton or something that gave me an edge in combat.

The only part of the game other than that that I remember is falling into a lava trap in one of the rooms, to which my brother told me I needed a rope to get out of it. The lava could have been sand, I should mention. The rope was acquired by killing one of the enemies.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm not kidding when I say that this has been bothering me for some time. I'm 24 and can't get the images out of my head!
I have a good feeling you might be talking about "Kult" aka "Chamber of the Sci-Mutant Priestess".
YES! You were absolutely correct, good sir! I finally found it. Time to beat it and put this part of my past behind me...

Ricky-Tikki-Tavi

Jun 25, 2012
bretap said:
I would love to figure out what this old PC strategy game is. I played it in the early 90's, but I am not sure when it was made...
I remember it being a 2 player game. Each player started somewhere on a map that wasn't explored yet. It involved mythical creatures/wizards, and had forts that served as unit production, to help you eventually take over the map from your opponent.
Could you be looking for Heroes of Might and Magic? I remember playing a game like that a few years ago.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Ricky-Tikki-Tavi said:
bretap said:
Could you be looking for Heroes of Might and Magic? I remember playing a game like that a few years ago.
Alternatively, it could be something like Warlords Battlecry. Nobody ever remembers that one.

Munky Langlands

Feb 25, 2010
Munky Langlands said:
I'm trying to figure out a game myself. It was an old educational game from the 90's. It was about solving logical puzzles.

I remember one of the problems being about the total number of hand shakes between 9 people. I think the storyline was about you breaking the curse of witch (that could be wrong). At the start of every world you were greeted by the witch's (?) minion who was trying to help. His puzzles included sudoku and other number problems. A very specific question was "what is the minimum amount of guesses you would need to find a specific number between 0-100?" (the answer is 7). Another one is "what is the minimum amount of guesses you would need to find a specific number between 0-200?" (the answer is 8).
Half way through the game the witch(?) finds out about the minions betrayal and makes his mouth disappear.

I do believe the game is called Storm, but I'm not too sure
Bump? This has been driving me crazy for about 5 years.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
There is an educational game called "Treasure mathstorm" but i'm not sure its the one you guys looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_MathStorm!

And here is a list of all the games from "the Learning Company" Maybe it's in there :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Learning_Company

WenisPagon

Mar 16, 2010
bretap said:
This sounds a bit like Master of Magic, is that it?.

Ville Tarpila

Sep 30, 2013
Ville Tarpila said:
Ville Tarpila said:
Hey.

What is the name of game that i played when i was little boy. It started like you spawn middle of nowhere in the forest. You didnt have any memories about what the *** was going on but you found pocketknife next to you and you can cut small trees with it.

Idea of the game was find a way out. you were surrounded by big walls and area where you play was really big. There was some other people helping you and sellin/trading stuff that can help you. game was top perspective.

Hopefully somebody figure out what is the name of this game :) And sorry about bad english. It´s not my motherlanguage :)

lorenzo.musu

Oct 8, 2013
Hello everybody. When I was a kid I remember I have played a game with my cousin (in the 80s). I am not sure if the console was a philips (MSX?) but I remember this:
You are in a prison and you must escape from that prison: during the jurney you can collect several items: pistols, a stick. I remember you collect a bottle of wine that you can exchange with a men with a marble.
If the police kill you or you are catched you restart from your cell.
The game was 2d and with simple sound. I am pretty sure that it was cga graphics.
Does someone remember this game?
I supposed that the title of the game was "Evasion" but i cannot find anything on the net.:-/

tycoonmaster

Sep 3, 2013
Hello to everyone!

I am looking for 3 old games, which I don't remerber their names.
The first one looks like the "Vinyl Goddess From Mars" or "Jill of the Jungle", but is none of them(I made the same question before in this forum but no one answered yet).
The second one is a helicopter dos game (1996-1997), in which you see the helicopter from above(it is 3D graphics, but with 3rd person view), this helicopter shoot missiles, bullets and you have to destroy the enemy camps. Very nice game!
The third one has a man(i think a blond one), it is 2D game, i think you loaded the game from windows 3.11, but i am not sure. I do remember that he has a lot of weapons, like pistols, you have to open doors to go to the next level, and generally he could do things like Lara Croft(jumping, climbing, crawlling) but on 2D graphic level. It was quite a good and a cool game.
Please help me to find these games...

Archangel99

Oct 8, 2013
I played a game ALOT when I was younger and I faintly remember it was about travelling the world in different areas with different dinosaurs. It wasn't 3d dinosaur adventure, but it was 3d I'm pretty sure. You had different vehicles and were a blue suited guy. You travelled to a different area when you reached these floating cubes I think. It was on computer and I loved it... but cant remember it's name. Anyone else know it?

Cboehme

Sep 26, 2013
Tallim said:
Cboehme said:
I don't really know if it was old, but there was an indie game that I can't find, it was a top-down sci-fi shooter, you were stranded on an alien planet, you could choose between four characters; an android/robot/cyborg, an alien, an alien on a hover-chair thing, and a human, I think you found a gun in a bush, there was an in-game map-editor, and the world was in sections that you traveled between, the aliens looked kinda like the aliens from aliens, i don't remember anything about the aliens on the hover-chair thing, but I think they used implants or mind-powers, I think you crash landed an escape pod or something, on the intro text for the human, i think it said something about the alien on board sabotaging something but idk.
Sounds exactly like Notrium. Which is an awesome game. Find it here:

http://www.instantkingdom.com/notrium/
thanks, you my friend; are awesome.

moltres93

Sep 20, 2013
moltres93 said:
Hi, if anyone can help me find out what this is I'd really appreciate it! The game was probably from the late 90's or early 2000s. A 2D platforming game where the player creates an obstacle course and then observes a man character who walks through them. If the man gets trapped between two obstacles, he will walk back and forth between them for a couple of seconds and then fall asleep. The graphics and layout look very similar to this screenshot: http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/Impossible%20Mission2.jpg

However I am fairly sure the game was NOT Impossible Mission, because in IM the player controls the man, but in the game I remember the man moved through the obstacle course by himself. Also I know that it was definitely a PC game, not a console game. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Still haven't been able to find any info on this game... to recap here is what I remember:

-PC game
-late 90's or early 2000's
-2D platforming game
-player creates obstacle course and a man walks through the course
-if the man gets trapped between two obstacles he walks between them for a while then falls asleep
-layout and graphics similar to impossible mission (but it's almost definitely not IM)

I can't really remember what the obstacles were, but they were more like machinery and traps rather than furniture, and the course was in a house or building rather than outdoors. I vaguely remember a blue or green background. Hope you can help me, thanks for reading!

robbiesaur

Oct 9, 2013
There was this one game for PC that was based on like little blue alien creatures, the point of the game was you start off with a little base and from there you command your aliens to collect resources, then as time went by your home base would level and you could spawn more powerful creatures, i remember one was like a scorpion like creature. as time progresses you have a choice to expand your territory and attack the other nests of aliens or let them attack you. well that's basically it. i played this when i was very young, i know there are games similar to this out there but i really do not know what you call this type of game.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
tycoonmaster said:
Hello to everyone!

I am looking for 3 old games, which I don't remerber their names.
The first one looks like the "Vinyl Goddess From Mars" or "Jill of the Jungle", but is none of them(I made the same question before in this forum but no one answered yet).
The second one is a helicopter dos game (1996-1997), in which you see the helicopter from above(it is 3D graphics, but with 3rd person view), this helicopter shoot missiles, bullets and you have to destroy the enemy camps. Very nice game!
The third one has a man(i think a blond one), it is 2D game, i think you loaded the game from windows 3.11, but i am not sure. I do remember that he has a lot of weapons, like pistols, you have to open doors to go to the next level, and generally he could do things like Lara Croft(jumping, climbing, crawlling) but on 2D graphic level. It was quite a good and a cool game.
Please help me to find these games...
Second one sounds indeed like one of the Stike series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_series

Third one could be Prince of Perisa (the older once)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_%281989_video_game%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_2:_The_Shadow_and_the_Flame

And by the first one, if i get it right, you are looking for a jump and run game were a woman is the main character? The only one i know beside the two you mentioned is The Great Giana Sisters (which surprisingly looks like Mario bros...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Giana_Sisters