Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
moses.cheema said:
moses.cheema said:
OK...I remember watching one game in arcade place but cannot remember the name...please help...here is what I can describe....
So game is like Double Dragon...but graphics are much better...characters are bigger and well-defined. Characters appear to be like well-built body builder kind of guys (single or two players)...they keep walking through each stage beating up guys (no guns)....nothing very helpful so far.... :)

At the end of each stage, they drink milk from some kind of milk cans from wending machines...and they get back their life/energy level. Another specific thing I can remember, they can pick up cars and through at bad guys when in full energy.

It must be around 92-95 time period. I played games like Contra, Golden Axe, Double Dragon etc. Does anything rings a bell...
Hello Guys...any one....
Crude Buster? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErpVgQKRMI&t=4m35s )

Rottamasa

Jan 2, 2014
I cant remember game name. Its like the elder scrolls... U start the game island where is pirates (enemys) and some kinda lizardman town (friendly). I remember to play this 2001-2005. Thats all i can remember. Before u start the game, u need to choose character. When u play game u can found more peoples to join ur group like a orc,human and DRAGONS. Thats all i can remember. Its PC game. Please help :(

nam045

Jan 2, 2014
Hi Guys

Thanks for starting this thread.

The game I am looking for was an arcade game for slot machine, side-scrolling platformer early 90s (90-95 can't remember exact maybe around 1993) military shooter where the guy starts with a basic gun and the guns get more powerful (not Metal Slug, but with alot simpler graphics like shinobi games). I can't give anymore information cos I never managed to get very far, lol.

Hope this helps.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Still trying to figure this out BADLY! Please some help?

There was an old game (assuming late-ish 1990s) that I played on the PC, I believe. It was a 3D game as well! It was some sort of racing or car-arena game... I just remembered playing the crap out of it and here are the lists of things I remember from it:

Castle-theme (The maps I played one were all castle-like arenas type of thing). Stone-like, castle flags, etc. All that such.

Many different modes (Including Racing, Deathmatch, CTF, Team stuff, etc).

Option to set how many AIs. (I remember driving about the map finding no targets due to setting only 1 enemy AI).

Power Ups. Including a Wrench for healing/repairs, shields, nitro (I think), weapon power ups (NOT weapons in general), etc.

Did NOT use realistic vehicles (Used its unique vehicles). Also, I do not remember any story mode nor any characters. It was more of a straight forward into game type of fun. That or I did not bother said stuff.

Green animated arrows on specific spots on the ground which boosts speed when hits. (Useless most of the time. Useful in races).

And so on... Anybody knows what I'm talking about? I've been looking for it and really wanna get it again! Tis was a fun game.

onerb2

Jan 2, 2014
Please somebody help, i've been searching all around the internet and i'm sure other ppl have playied this game, it's kinda of a beat em up for snes. (kinda because you're not fighting the whole time on the game) the protagonist is a guy in a white suit, he walks around with his hand on his pocket. In the gameplay you can pick objects and throw at the enemies or fight bare handed.

A lot of enemies have suits just like yours but their suits are green. I think that it might be a japanese game but i'm not that sure. It follows a story line but idk what it's about.

I also remember of a scenario that took place in a shopping or something but i never got too far on the game and played it a long time ago, so i don't remeber exactly. I think it was a shopping because there were some stores there. But it might be in a city with tall buildings too.

There was a cutscene where the protagonist and his friend are talking to each other on the room and after the conversation is over you can even pick up the pillow and throw it around.

The game was great, if you guys can help me out i'll really appreciate that

kr15

Jan 1, 2014
Dear community,

I used to play this game on the Windows 95 platform; a kind of space based asteroid type game. I think it was around mid to late 90s and you would attach your ship to these large rocks/planets and try and kill off other ships without getting killed in the process.
In this game, there was a console to choose different ways in which you could kill the enemy and best of all, before you chose your weapon of choice, you could type a message in that would appear just before you launched your attack.
You were these little 3D ships and the aim was to kill of the rest using a variation of attacks, I think you had a number of points which limited you to the kind of attacks you could use and it ended up with massive craters in these large rocks by the end of the game.

Any idea what the name of this game might be?

Daphne Yeo

Jul 28, 2013
Help please! There was this Japanese dinosaur PC game I played in the 90s. The purpose of the game is to defeat other Dinos in each level. I play as a dinosaur too. up to two players can play the game. Each level there would be stones I can use to hit the enemies. And there was a egg i can eat in each level to get more points. In higher levels there would be reflecting purple rubber rings. There was this purple Dino that would leave clouds of farts around and in advanced levels there's fast moving dinosaur birds.

Rottamasa

Jan 2, 2014
Daphne Yeo said:
Help please! There was this Japanese dinosaur PC game I played in the 90s. The purpose of the game is to defeat other Dinos in each level. I play as a dinosaur too. up to two players can play the game. Each level there would be stones I can use to hit the enemies. And there was a egg i can eat in each level to get more points. In higher levels there would be reflecting purple rubber rings. There was this purple Dino that would leave clouds of farts around and in advanced levels there's fast moving dinosaur birds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kDtu4wYwOc

AMAKAR

Jan 2, 2014
I used to play a game where at a level some monsters were jumping out of a well and you had to take salt and put it in front of them then into the well. At a different level there was a bed and a Frankenstein was coming out of it, you had to take a syringe and use it on him and the bed.

I'm sorry but that's all I remember about the game.
Any ideas ?

santisergio

Jan 2, 2014
There is a game that I've been searching for the last 15 years...
It was a "pac-man"-like game, but I don't remember ghosts (maybe they were, it was a long time ago). I knew there were some other elements of gameplay, as balls fired from pirate cannons in one level, which killed you when touched. I remember other couple of things: in one underwater level, music of the little mermaid ("under the sea") was used, and in another one, some music from star wars. Also, there was certain level in which a black ball you thought your friend would divide in four and be the enemy for that stage.
Another notable thing is sometimes you could get "out" the walls of the map by secret passages.
At the end of the game, you had to set a self-destruction count for something, and get to your spaceship before the time ran out. After that, some kind of animals congratulated you for saving the world, and there were fireworks too.

Sorry for not giving many details, but those are all which I recall. Hmm... and it should be before 1999. The game was on 2d as well, with front perspective (as the normal pac-man). I've been seriously searching it like crazy in hundreds of cds and floppies many times, but I think I just don't have it anymore.
EDIT: Platform was either Windows 95 or 98, don't remember.

Thank you very much for the help, and I'll be trying to help the others as well! ;)

P.D: Sorry for any typos, I'm not english...

AMAKAR

Jan 2, 2014
santisergio said:
It was a "pac-man"-like game, but I don't remember ghosts (maybe they were, it was a long time ago). I knew there were some other elements of gameplay, as balls fired from pirate cannons in one level, which killed you when touched. I remember other couple of things: in one underwater level, music of the little mermaid ("under the sea") was used, and in another one, some music from star wars. Also, there was certain level in which a black ball you thought your friend would divide in four and be the enemy for that stage.
Another notable thing is sometimes you could get "out" the walls of the map by secret passages.
At the end of the game, you had to set a self-destruction count for something, and get to your spaceship before the time ran out. After that, some kind of animals congratulated you for saving the world, and there were fireworks too.

Sorry for not giving many details, but those are all which I recall. Hmm... and it should be before 1999. The game was on 2d as well, with front perspective (as the normal pac-man). I've been seriously searching it like crazy in hundreds of cds and floppies many times, but I think I just don't have it anymore.

Thank you very much for the help, and I'll be trying to help the others as well! ;)

You mean Pac-Man World ?

santisergio

Jan 2, 2014
AMAKAR said:
santisergio said:

You mean Pac-Man World ?
Not at all... It was a pac-man clone; gameplay style was of classic pac-man. And it was 2D.

Evanidus

Sep 8, 2010
Hi i need help finding a game, i dont have much info on it but here goes:
Its a PS2 game, adventure game (side to side only), Two playable characters where one is a redhead girl and the other one is a joker.
You can use Magic and normal Melee combat depending on witch character you choose.

It has kind of strange gaming worlds.

Im sorry but this is all i got, but i hope it will be enough.

Tran Nghia

Jan 1, 2014
Hi everyone

Please help me find ROUND RACING HAVE WEAPON game in PS1 , begin we have some style of vehicle : the yellow car with machine gun, the pink car have plasma gun ... etc . when pass some round we can unlock and buy new vehicles : bulldozer can thrown bombs , space ship with rocket ..etc , thank every one .

p\s : not style of vintage 8 or twisted metal .

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Evanidus said:
Hi i need help finding a game, i dont have much info on it but here goes:
Its a PS2 game, adventure game (side to side only), Two playable characters where one is a redhead girl and the other one is a joker.
You can use Magic and normal Melee combat depending on witch character you choose.

It has kind of strange gaming worlds.

Im sorry but this is all i got, but i hope it will be enough.
One of the Pandemonium games? ( http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tI51apQtXxU/SuN5iCWEw0I/AAAAAAAACjw/WWLrjtiMT-c/s1600/Pandemonium%2B2.jpg )

(it's for PS1 though!)

onerb2

Jan 2, 2014
onerb2 said:
Please somebody help, i've been searching all around the internet and i'm sure other ppl have playied this game, it's kinda of a beat em up for snes. (kinda because you're not fighting the whole time on the game) the protagonist is a guy in a white suit, he walks around with his hand on his pocket. In the gameplay you can pick objects and throw at the enemies or fight bare handed.

A lot of enemies have suits just like yours but their suits are green. I think that it might be a japanese game but i'm not that sure. It follows a story line but idk what it's about.

I also remember of a scenario that took place in a shopping or something but i never got too far on the game and played it a long time ago, so i don't remeber exactly. I think it was a shopping because there were some stores there. But it might be in a city with tall buildings too.

There was a cutscene where the protagonist and his friend are talking to each other on the room and after the conversation is over you can even pick up the pillow and throw it around.

The game was great, if you guys can help me out i'll really appreciate that
plz, halp :D

swampy001

Jan 3, 2014
This previous beat'em up game might be "River City Ransom"

I also am looking for a game, that I can not remember the title for the life of me!

I played it at an internet cafe' sometime in the last 3 years. It might be older than that, I think it's from 2006 or 2008. It's a RTS like Command and conquer generals, but instead of resource gathering, you just wait for these large cargo planes to drop tanks at an airstrip. You can put commandos inside the vehicles, and you start off as an air strip, as you try to take over the map and control other air strips so more tanks, troops and supplies can land. All your ground forces and supplies must be para-dropped by cargo planes and other air units, although it is a ground based combat game.

Any idea what this RTS game for PC might be? It's killing me!

santisergio

Jan 2, 2014
swampy001 said:
This previous beat'em up game might be "River City Ransom"

I also am looking for a game, that I can not remember the title for the life of me!

I played it at an internet cafe' sometime in the last 3 years. It might be older than that, I think it's from 2006 or 2008. It's a RTS like Command and conquer generals, but instead of resource gathering, you just wait for these large cargo planes to drop tanks at an airstrip. You can put commandos inside the vehicles, and you start off as an air strip, as you try to take over the map and control other air strips so more tanks, troops and supplies can land. All your ground forces and supplies must be para-dropped by cargo planes and other air units, although it is a ground based combat game.

Any idea what this RTS game for PC might be? It's killing me!
May it be Ground Control?

PrejudgedMax

Jan 3, 2014
Hi,
I'm looking for the name of an old point-and-click Windows adventure game (for children) where an airplane of young discoverers crashes onto a jungle island (I think it's Sumatra) that for some reason is completely confused and you have to restore order to the jungle through puzzles, for example by leading some trapped tigers across a series of chasms. Anyone know this one? Thanks!