Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

zukowskipatryk

Oct 1, 2012
krasko11 said:
Hey I've been trying to find a game I used to play somewhere around 2000-2002.I think it is an RPG but I'm not quite sure.You play a female character.The graphics of the game were pretty good for its year.Basically you start off in something like a forest and you kill a couple of monsters then you go to this temple where after you dodge a number of traps you find a dragon.At a certain point in the game you go to a strange mine which is green on the inside and after that you ride a dragon.That is all I can remember.If this rings any bells to someone any help would be appreciated. :)
Neer played it, but.. Drakan?

John Turturica

Mar 15, 2014
Hi guys, I can't remember well but between 93-97 I have played couple of arcade game that I can't remember at the momemt:
I think is Japanese.

1. this was more on idea of Mario,
it will be a Buddhist monk, dressed in blue, I think, a lot of the background design is inspired from Asian culture. Very fun game

that in the first stage walks thru a cemetery he shoots Blu round balls, but he can find different elements that change the color of the ball, or if you stack them up to 3 times they get bigger,
they would be -green ( when you release their power it shoots like a nova of small green ball, it think
-red ( element of fire when release it will send something like a wall of fire balls one in the front and one in the back.
- and Purple ( the element of lightning
the second stage I think it take place in the water.
another stage later on will be a inferno, lava, or places to jump on that raise from the ground as hands or upside down legs.

Hi guys, I can't remember well but between 93-97 I have played couple of arcade game that I can't remember at the momemt:

1. this was more on idea of Mario,
it will be a Buddhist monk, dressed in blue, I think, a lot of the background design is inspired from Asian culture. Very fun game

that in the first stage walks thru a cemetery he shoots Blu round balls, but he can find different elements that change the color of the ball, or if you stack them up to 3 times they get bigger,
they would be -green ( when you release their power it shoots like a nova of small green ball, it think
-red ( element of fire when release it will send something like a wall of fire balls one in the front and one in the back.
- and Purple ( the element of lightning
the second stage I think it take place in the water.
another stage later on will be a inferno, lava, or places to jump on that raise from the ground as hands or upside down legs.

2. this is a flying game with some round robots, that beside shooting enemies they get different power by shooting some inoffensive clouds, and discovering some Bells of different colors you can change the color by shooting them, ( gold one are just points, red ones give you a shield, a green ones gives you some kind of multiplicating shadow that shoots as well.
also some time you find a similar robot ( some kind of brother) that if you get it attached to you changes your shooting bullets and makes it a lot more powerful.
I remember one of the big boss will be a old naval ship that is flying in the air.

3. This one I remember it a lot less, but is it about a guy that shoots with his gun enemies in a building in space.
in most of the stages he is able to change the gravity and that make it very interesting.

wize_guy123

Mar 16, 2014
Hello Guys,

I've looked through at least 100 of these pages in hopes to find this game already answered but to no avail.

This game is a turn-based space game. It had planets that depending on size, determined its gravity. In the beginning of the round your ships would randomly appear and planets randomly generated throughout the screen. You had the choice to choose your weapons for your turn, angle, etc. Its very similar to Worms and Hedgewars. I remember playing it on Windows 98, so it is definitely old. But would love to play it again with my friends. THANKS!

zukowskipatryk

Oct 1, 2012
John Turturica said:
3. This one I remember it a lot less, but is it about a guy that shoots with his gun enemies in a building in space.
in most of the stages he is able to change the gravity and that make it very interesting.
Rochard?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
wize_guy123 said:
Hello Guys,

I've looked through at least 100 of these pages in hopes to find this game already answered but to no avail.

This game is a turn-based space game. It had planets that depending on size, determined its gravity. In the beginning of the round your ships would randomly appear and planets randomly generated throughout the screen. You had the choice to choose your weapons for your turn, angle, etc. Its very similar to Worms and Hedgewars. I remember playing it on Windows 98, so it is definitely old. But would love to play it again with my friends. THANKS!
Probably WarHeads? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/warheads-se/3030-3435/images/ )

( http://www.warheads.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=40 )

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
raeior said:
Trying this again:

I have one game I can't remember the name of. It probably was on a demo/shareware collection called "Monkey Games" but none of the games listed on that CD ring any bells for me. I'm not sure if it was made for DOS or Win 3.11 but it was probably not based on anything newer than that. The graphics were similar to "I have no mouth and I must scream" or other games of that era. Pretty dark/greyish too. It was a point and click adventure where you started at a broken bridge spanning over what seemed like empty space. The whole place didn't seem to be on a planet but freely floating in space. The bridge was hollow with some kind of tunnel inside that you looked into and broken metal rods sticking out of the side and front of it. On the other side of the chasm there was a futuristic city that you couldn't reach. The city was on some kind of flying rock too I think. You had your typical interface with pick up, talk with, use etc. buttons (I think..not too sure what it looked like). When you jumped from the bridge you landed on a planet/moon of some sort where you could walk around on the surface and after 4 screens or so would come back to the point where you started. You found 1 or 2 items on the surface but I never got past that. One was some kind of cable I think? There was no other way to go but down to the moon and then around it, at least I never figured one out.
Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a little bit as "The Labyrinth of Time"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Labyrinth_of_Time

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Roman78 said:

Nope, that's not it. It was a more of a classical point and click where you could see your character moving around the scenery.
But thanks anyway! This is the first answer I got :)

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
yyyyyyep said:
I've gone to this thread before, but I really want to find this game. This is just a copy pasta from earlier but I'd be sooo appreciative if someone knew this game!! I predict that it's very late 90s or around 2000-2002 for its release date. It was not an advertised game at all (just for reference).

It's a CD rom PC game.
The title has to be something with the word Taxi or Crazy in it (maybe even Crazy Taxi itself), even though it's not a driving game. I repeat: it's not a driving game. The scene is that this taxi driver takes you to an apartment complex, and every floor is a mini-game. Either there's like 30 or 60 floors, I don't remember.
I can recall the disk cover-- it's an oval-ish brown headed guy as the driver and you're in the passenger seat with a weird font for the title.
A few specific mini-game/levels:
-A grocery store with food you can place in your basket. There's also a cat standing on the produce that you can click and it'll meow, or you drag it over something and it thumps on the ground. I think you can try to feed it a fish but the cashier says no. When you're done there's a checkout, and if you try to "buy" the cat the cashier will specifically say, "You can't buy that cat!" I only remember because I did it so much oops.
-A wrecking ball level with furniture like a couch and a stuffed bunny plushie where you can destroy the items into pieces and rearrange them into something new. When you remade it there was a sucky "shhoooop" sound effect. The background was this weird old playground with a tire.
-A game of Solitaire or something similar and when you won this weird dancing person bounced around your screen.
Those are the only ones I remember. The screen where you chose the level was rows and columns of numbers 1-?? and you click the "floor" level to play.

Please help! Any points in any direction are welcomed. :)
Was it not "Hell Cab"?

Pauli Pocket

Mar 17, 2014
There was this game I used to play when I was a kid on Windows 95. My sister had installed it on the computer, not sure if it was on a floppy disk or what. It was a tangram style game (it's a type of asian puzzle) but it was Alice in Wonderland themed. For the life of me I couldn't find any mention of it on the internet!

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
raeior said:
Roman78 said:

Nope, that's not it. It was a more of a classical point and click where you could see your character moving around the scenery.
But thanks anyway! This is the first answer I got :)
Aha, so 3rd person view. Only game i can think of than is "beneath a steel sky", but i'm not sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beneath_a_Steel_Sky

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Roman78 said:
Aha, so 3rd person view. Only game i can think of than is "beneath a steel sky", but i'm not sure.

Yep, that's a lot closer to what I'm remembering, but still not it. The graphics might have been on a similar level to Beneath a Steel Sky. Although I might be completely mistaken there because most games look a lot better in my memory than they did in real life*coughs*.
Other games I can rule out are "The Feeble Files" (the protagonist in the game I'm searching was human or at least more humanoid) and probably Space Quest, because it lacked the "typical" Sierra score counter.

Zappy667

Mar 17, 2014
So I've been looking for this game, it's from the 90's or early 2000's

You play as 4 different aliens and they all are different shaped (like fat or tall or skinny, but all huminoid)
and there are creatures on the planet and if you kill them you can evovle your alien, like if you kill a frog thing
you can upgrade or evolve you jump skill and whatnot, now i played this game a lot but it wasn't mine and the disk
just said "Evolution" now I've tried looking this up and stuff but i can never find it. It had a multiplayer where
each player would start off in a separate area with a bunch of dead things and you would pick your loadout by
absorbing what you wanted out of the creatures there then go to the fighting area and duke it out, there was also some
hidden special dead critters that would give you like a flamethrower arm lol. I know the game itself was pretty hard (or at
least to my puny little mind) and it was really fun it had the same graphics as Turok except it was third person over the shoulder type of play style. If someone could help that would be awesome.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
Zappy667 said:

You play as 4 different aliens and they all are different shaped (like fat or tall or skinny, but all huminoid)
and there are creatures on the planet and if you kill them you can evovle your alien, like if you kill a frog thing
you can upgrade or evolve you jump skill and whatnot, now i played this game a lot but it wasn't mine and the disk
just said "Evolution" now I've tried looking this up and stuff but i can never find it. It had a multiplayer where
each player would start off in a separate area with a bunch of dead things and you would pick your loadout by
absorbing what you wanted out of the creatures there then go to the fighting area and duke it out, there was also some
hidden special dead critters that would give you like a flamethrower arm lol. I know the game itself was pretty hard (or at
least to my puny little mind) and it was really fun it had the same graphics as Turok except it was third person over the shoulder type of play style. If someone could help that would be awesome.
That should be Evolva.

Zappy667

Mar 17, 2014
Coldie said:
Zappy667 said:

That should be Evolva.
THANK YOUUUUUU

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
raeior said:
Roman78 said:

Yep, that's a lot closer to what I'm remembering, but still not it. The graphics might have been on a similar level to Beneath a Steel Sky. Although I might be completely mistaken there because most games look a lot better in my memory than they did in real life*coughs*.
Other games I can rule out are "The Feeble Files" (the protagonist in the game I'm searching was human or at least more humanoid) and probably Space Quest, because it lacked the "typical" Sierra score counter.
I asked it in a adventure forum because i own a lot of scifi adventure games but not this one and some one said "Universe" from Core Design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_%281994_video_game%29

heavenlywind

Mar 17, 2014
Ok so what i remember from this game, its Medieval and RTS, There are champions called Pilgrim, Eric, there are village centers, to determine the amount of soldiers you can keep as well as natural mines, i remember clay mine resources and iron and stone. you had a castle that was your main base of operation, you could also use pilgrims bomb to open up new resources Mines, the main hero whose name i don't remember, had like a scouting ability, while eric had fully offensive abilities. i remember the game starts with the village burning and the citizens who run to you and ask for help because their village is burning, and you take control and rebuild it and fight off the attackers.

Pietjepuk

Mar 17, 2014
Looking for an old game, from around 1995. You started in a little village where you could buy stuff (potions and swords). You started out with a crappy sword and you had to go around and collect bubbles (maybe with something in it). I think it was a platform game and you had to jump around, prince of persia style. That's pretty much all I remember.

Carolina Ascencio

Mar 17, 2014
I'm looking for a game that was for Windows 95 or 98.. I don't really remember because I was like 6 or 7 years old. The game is about a green creature, he's a kid with a horn on his head. He explores a haunted mansion looking for clues for some people/ monsters that went missing. In order to do that you play games that have to do with learning adjectives and verbs and stuff like that. After beating the mini games several times you find out what happened to the person and you release their spirit from the mansion. You also collect clouds that connect to this creepy lab.

I remembered a little bit more..
The game starts off that the kid is reading a newspaper and it says all these celebrities went missing at a party or event in a large mansion on top of a mountain. All the celebrities are like monsters, such as Frankenstein, a mummy, and other monsters creatures. The kid, the green creature, wants to uncover the story because I think he's interested in becoming a reporter or something so he takes his red car and goes to the mansion to find out what happened. There's several rooms and they're all really creepy with lots of books and stuff. You can also hear ghosts whispering trying to give clues. I remember there's a cemetery in the backyard and you can play a mini game there to find clues. Once you uncover what happened to a person, a story is written about they're discovery and you can find it on a newspaper. Most of the games are about trying to distinguish verbs, nouns, adverbs, adjectives and so on. I remember this mini game on a jukebox where you have to write sentences using different words. I vaguely remember the other mini games but I know there was one in the kitchen where you went inside the water faucet and had jump on clouds that were adjectives and if you did it correctly you get to the other side and go up a little more and unlock that level.. I always had trouble with this mini game because the clouds or ghost go through the wall and you have to keep jumping on clouds to survive other wise you have to start all over..