Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Dobromir Hristov said:
Hey , there was this 90's PC racing game with monster trucks(tracks) and buggies and regular cars on the beach and on tracks and as i recall there was VW Beetle it was the fastest car and i allways played with it :D there was also the VW Van i think and i played it so much i allways wanted to beat that record time and i played with my parrents it also had multiplayer-Split Screen option it was AWESOME pls help me , if i remember more info i will share :D , thanks in advance
When you say beetle I only know Midtown Madness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midtown_Madness

There is also Monster Truck Madness, but there is no Beetle in it.

Nekomata Eifie

Mar 3, 2014
Nekomata Eifie said:
Nekomata Eifie said:
HELP!!! Ok, I know them game existed because I played it but my boyfriend and his friends think I'm crazy. I played it on an old PC windows 95/98 something along those lines in like 2003-2005. I don't remember much about the game except that it was a side-scrolling platform type game. You spawned as a human or a ninja or an alien that looked very much like the alien from the Alien movies. It had heavy overtones of staying in school and don't do drugs because of posters and signs on the walls of the level. I know you could be turned into a frog and at that point you were pretty much screwed. There were also robots and you could kill things with what looked like a chainsaw. The only accomplishment you received, since you inevitably died, was to get a ranking which were weird and would say things like Satan's maid or something. The game had pretty bad graphics but because of the odd rankings that you got after you died it was very addicting. Please help it's driving me crazy....
I'm sorry I am re-posting because I really need to know this game.

SgtDrPeppers

Mar 18, 2014
I remember playing a game every now and then. It was a game where you pilot a mech. It had first person view and it was fully 3D but obviously the graphics were pretty bad. I only ever played the first level so I can't say much more.

It was on PC and I think the title began with G or A but not sure.

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
SgtDrPeppers said:
I remember playing a game every now and then. It was a game where you pilot a mech. It had first person view and it was fully 3D but obviously the graphics were pretty bad. I only ever played the first level so I can't say much more.

It was on PC and I think the title began with G or A but not sure.
Might have been one of the Earthsiege titles, or more likely G-Nome. It was a mech simulation where you could also leave your mech, shoot other pilots out of theirs and take over their mechs.

MMJ6

Mar 18, 2014
MMJ6 said:
Sooo, I've just spent the last hour googling various keywords I could think of to describe this game and got nowhere, then I stumbled upon this forum so here goes.

The game I'm trying to remember was an online, 2d, multiplayer game. You designed your little character with the various pre-set heads and bodies that I seem to remember being horror-themed like skulls and monster torsos. You then joined a game with other players where you sat on one snowy, sloping edge of the screen, opposite a mirrored slope, separated by a tall hill.

The aim of the game was to throw various different types of snowball at your enemy team - such as cluster bombs - over the hill. You had to aim higher to accommodate for gravity.

That's pretty much all I can think off, and this seems like it may be a pretty obscure game sooo...
Thanks to anyone that reads my post.
Can nobody help?

Ruger15

Mar 17, 2014
Sorry for the repost but it may have been looked over. I have tried reddit/r/tipofmytongue and /r/gaming and no one has found it yet! This game may be a game lost in history.

I'm trying to remember a game as well. It was an old 2d game. I believe you could have multiple players play on the same pc with different key bindings. I'm not sure if you could only play the archer or if there were other classes. The camera angle was from the sky. I don't think the game ever ended, but I could be wrong. You could level up.

I have a screen shot of the character you can play here. I have looked forever and stumbled across this great forum. I know its small but it's the only thing I could find. I found this because of an imigur glitch from reddit. I remembered the game but can't find it.

Here's the link to the imigur: http://imgur.com/aG3DxsM

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/comments/20pzlc/what_is_the_name_of_this_game_screen_shot_in_text/

Thanks!

PrinceBacon

Mar 18, 2014
Yo! I've been looking for a game for some time now, but cannot remember the name of it.

The game starts out with you trying to find a relative or your girlfriend who disappeared in the museum or something (details on why you're in the museum is still a mystery to me). It starts off with the guy you are playing is investigating the museum where you take some stuff like a screwdriver for shizzling locks and try to get into the restricted area of the museum only to get stopped by security.
However, you break into the museum at night(or when its closed, can't remember) to get into the restricted area, you take some stuff then you sit by the computer and get sent back to medieval times where you have to survive unnoticed by the guards/villagers.
The game is like a point and click with WASD keys and some fighting enabled but I am not sure. I remember one puzzle in the game was to swing over to the other side in a clocktower by swinging under the clock using a sheep herders's cane and sheepskin to swing over to the other side without alarming the guards or the villagers. I will answer any further questions about what i remember about the game.
Noone i know have ever played it, and I have only seen it on a swedish game reviewing show from the late 90's / early early 00's. Sorry for my bad grammar, but English is not my native language.
Thanks. :)

anne78

Mar 18, 2014
OK. So I have been trying to figure out the name of this game and its driving me nuts. It was a game that I played in the late 90s, early 2000s. It was a computer game. You had to line up mice of different colors and when you lined them up, they disappeared behind a door or a gate opened or something like that. (I think the goal was that at each stage you had to get a specific combination of colored mice). and i remember the mice being really adorable. Any ideas on the name of the game?

DaisyandJacka

Mar 19, 2014
Does anyone know this old educational game from either the 80s or 90s? It was a game where you were in some town and you had to do odd jobs for people. One of the jobs was climbing a ladder to tile a roof or maybe put down brick. Then you had to put down a radiator or a refrigerator and controlled the heating movement. Thats all I can really remember about it.

Jonathan Keyes

Mar 19, 2014
Ok so two games -

1 - was an old pc demo, 3d graphics but old, possibly around 1995 or 1997 onwards. You started as a kid/guy in this castle, i vaguely remember a green tshirt. You didnt have any gear though. The castle was kinda falling apart and abandonded but there were occasional random goblins/monsters. Lots of traps too, it was kinda bright, but i didnt get far as you died easily.

2 - Another was more recent, i played in an internet cafe in 2005. Was a fantasy RPG style, decent graphics. You started by a bon fire outside a castle and entered through the sewers. Its not oblivion or elder scolls or anything like that. Pretty sure it had 'Dungeon' in the title...but what fantasy rpg doesnt.

Cheers

Anne Thomsen

Mar 19, 2014
hi guys I really need help with this one. I played it as a child. I am not sure if it was a DOS game.but I think it was.
it is kind of medieval and you are a guy from a small town. and you are going for a quest(?) I think. and you can go to other towns and I remember tis bigger town with a castle in it. and if you dont follow the path and walk in the forest youll meet weird small monster you can kill. and youll see their blood on the ground when you have killed them. and you can get cold/oins from killing them. you can buy stuff. oh this game sounds no different from other games -.- but I really hope to find it again. I think it was from the 90s

aigarino

Mar 19, 2014
hi everyone can you help me i can't remember the title of the game i've played on PS1.I only remember a small scene of the game.
The game starts that a naked guy is in jail and there are gorillas guards and somebody brings him a food and he eats and suddenly key falls down from food and he opens the jail door and escapes and there is gorillas guards who trying to chase him

Sorry for my english

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
PrinceBacon said:
Yo! I've been looking for a game for some time now, but cannot remember the name of it.

The game starts out with you trying to find a relative or your girlfriend who disappeared in the museum or something (details on why you're in the museum is still a mystery to me). It starts off with the guy you are playing is investigating the museum where you take some stuff like a screwdriver for shizzling locks and try to get into the restricted area of the museum only to get stopped by security.
However, you break into the museum at night(or when its closed, can't remember) to get into the restricted area, you take some stuff then you sit by the computer and get sent back to medieval times where you have to survive unnoticed by the guards/villagers.
The game is like a point and click with WASD keys and some fighting enabled but I am not sure. I remember one puzzle in the game was to swing over to the other side in a clocktower by swinging under the clock using a sheep herders's cane and sheepskin to swing over to the other side without alarming the guards or the villagers. I will answer any further questions about what i remember about the game.
Noone i know have ever played it, and I have only seen it on a swedish game reviewing show from the late 90's / early early 00's. Sorry for my bad grammar, but English is not my native language.
This is a bit of a stretch maybe, but it sounds like "Timegate: Knight's Chase". The stuff with the missing girlfriend in a museum and then getting sent back into medieval times is right at the beginning of this game.

PrinceBacon

Mar 18, 2014
raeior said:
PrinceBacon said:

This is a bit of a stretch maybe, but it sounds like "Timegate: Knight's Chase". The stuff with the missing girlfriend in a museum and then getting sent back into medieval times is right at the beginning of this game.
You're the best! Thank you! :D

Dope145

Mar 19, 2014
I remember playing a game in 1999 online, it was an aeroplane/spaceship similar to the 1942(I think it's called that) game, in terms of game style, the main ship that you started with was a brown ship, and you would shoot on-comers until reaching a boss, ships were upgradable and it was from topview. It was on the computer, and online, and the main ship (I think even splashscreen was the brown spaceship) if anyone can help me with this, you're a legend!

Daniel Kay

Jul 27, 2010
I remember my brother playing this game but can't remember what it's called.

It's a 3rd person Action Adventure Fantasy game on PC, graphics wise it's close to the later PSX Tomb Raider games.

I mainly remember you arriving by boat at a beach as the first level and had to make your way up to a castle, the path being guarded by a few orcs I think.
Also you had to rescue an old guy from a cell but there was also an imposter pretending to be him.

ddust

Mar 20, 2014
I remember a nes game where a boy shooting from his head, got some sort of spear that you can jump on when you throw it and
when you defeat an enemy it gives you a coin that you can increase its value by shooting at the coin but if you shoot too much it will disappear.I search for it on the internet but haven't got the clue yet!

amongalia

Jun 30, 2013
Hey @ all

(first sorry for my bad english. its not my main language)

since a long time im looning for a RPG game that i played on PC some years ago (~ 6-8). But it could be possible that this game ist much older :/

All I remember ist that it had an isomatric perspective like like Diablo and the main character was female.

You play a daughter of a king (leader) of a small village. At the beginning of the game you get told that your father is very ill and someone (i think i was the oncle) is telling you the story about a "great war" your father and mother was involved in. And at the moment, when hes is talking you the story about it, you have the chance to fight in that "great war" as your father. And almost at the "end" of the battle your mother get hurt and died. When this happen you come back to present.

After all, it is your first question to find an medicine for your father. And the journey beginns. When you get back you notice the hes dead. But not because he was ill but because he got poisoned. You meet your mother and ocle at the cemetery in this village. After all, you decide to find who did that and to take revenge. After your first journey you noticed that the next person is dead (oncle) and now youre alone to do that.

In this game you have the possibility to play in group up to 3 or 4 person (not player but only NPC- Like in Dragon Age). You could equip all of them and skill them up.

The whole game was in a kind of samurai/dark age still or something.

It is an old game but is one of that kind there graphic doesnt matter. The story was awesome. It would be great when someone of you know that game and could tell me the title.

Gabriel (amongalia)

theaveragekenzie

Mar 21, 2014
Seth Riley said:
Dodgerjoey said:
Hey, I obviously don't remember this game, I only played the demo...But, it was about a little boy and girl who went to sleep and have a nightmare or something, in the demo you play as the boy, you're in a weird place like a cementery with monster, and you can only defeat them when you enter a toybox thingie and transform into a ninja or something like that. Plz tell me, Thnx for your time!^^
Was it for Playstation? Definately sounds like "40 winks".
No, I played it too! It's been bothering me FOREVER. It's actually for gameboy color or gameboy advanced. (Most likely color because I think that was the only gameboy we owned)
The girl was a mage and the boy was a knight. The boy had blonde hair and the girl had brown hair. There were multiple options such as: wisp, fire, and water, I believe, for the mage. The knight had a sword. At the cemetery there was a large mansion and you had to go in and meet this one dude who was like a vampire. At that point you had to beat various enemies to get to him and try to beat him.
That's all I remember because I was stuck on it and my older brothers couldn't help me.