Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ryan Hair

Mar 13, 2014
Was it a top down game? Like Birds eye view? and was it 8 bit or 16 bit? And also was it arcade, with no ending, and no saving the game?

shorttermmemoryloss

Mar 13, 2014
yeah, so my game is a fps thats realatively old. Its pixelated and sorta looks like doom type gameplay. Anyway my cousin used to play it on our granmas old computer, so it has to be around 1990s or early 2000s. I remember there was alot of monsters, and i think we were in a haunted house, i remember bats flyin at me and zombies and ghosts and stuff. Really scared me when i was small. I musta been like 4 or 5 so there aint much to go on. Haunted house, guns, i remember goin out in front of the house too, through a window or something... i wanna find this game again to relive those scary fun moments :)

zukowskipatryk

Oct 1, 2012
shorttermmemoryloss said:
yeah, so my game is a fps thats realatively old. Its pixelated and sorta looks like doom type gameplay. Anyway my cousin used to play it on our granmas old computer, so it has to be around 1990s or early 2000s. I remember there was alot of monsters, and i think we were in a haunted house, i remember bats flyin at me and zombies and ghosts and stuff. Really scared me when i was small. I musta been like 4 or 5 so there aint much to go on. Haunted house, guns, i remember goin out in front of the house too, through a window or something... i wanna find this game again to relive those scary fun moments :)
Realms of the Haunting?

Gekonaaa

Mar 13, 2014
Please help... I remember playing a game like.. 8-10 years ago.

The game was really similar to Unreal Tournament 1999, it had a few modes as far as I remember ( DM, CTF, TDM , etc)
I remember it also had some similar guns. I remember 1 was a pistol, 2 was a machine gun, 5 was some kind of an RPG.. I think 7 or 9 was a weird bronze pulse gun with a symbol on the gun itself. The pistol had infinite ammo as I remember.. Im pretty sure its a 1999-2001 game, so sad I cant remember its name.

Please help :\

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
r1pp3r79 said:
Hey Everyone!

Alright, Ive been wracking my head for a while on a couple of old pc games and I'm pretty sure I played it on the 486 and possibly the Pentium 1 systems. One was a mech game but wasn't a mech commander but it had small types of mechs, it was an overhead view and I believe it had a mech on it called titan or something, it was a fun game but wished I could remember it.
Battletech?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Gekonaaa said:

The game was really similar to Unreal Tournament 1999, it had a few modes as far as I remember ( DM, CTF, TDM , etc)
I remember it also had some similar guns. I remember 1 was a pistol, 2 was a machine gun, 5 was some kind of an RPG.. I think 7 or 9 was a weird bronze pulse gun with a symbol on the gun itself. The pistol had infinite ammo as I remember.. Im pretty sure its a 1999-2001 game, so sad I cant remember its name.

Quake 2? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/quake-ii/3030-3207/images/ )

Gekonaaa

Mar 13, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Gekonaaa said:

Quake 2? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/quake-ii/3030-3207/images/ )

Nope.. the game was really in the same concept of UT99.. There werent zombies or creatures in there, it was Team Red vs Team Blue, and it also LOOKED like a different variation of UT99.. (Im pretty sure it isnt related to UT99 tho..)

Thanks tho, mate

jshendrix68

Mar 13, 2014
So I had to make an account just for this. There was a game I played (A looonggg time ago so the details are fuzzy) but I remember a main character (I don't know if it was a cat or mouse or something) that would have to go around chasing these I think three cats and defeating them. I know they used machines in it a lot and something maybe with flying but I just can't remember. If somebody could remember what this is, you'd be so awesome :)

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
jshendrix68 said:
So I had to make an account just for this. There was a game I played (A looonggg time ago so the details are fuzzy) but I remember a main character (I don't know if it was a cat or mouse or something) that would have to go around chasing these I think three cats and defeating them. I know they used machines in it a lot and something maybe with flying but I just can't remember. If somebody could remember what this is, you'd be so awesome :)
Didn't mention what system it was on. But Rat Attack? (PS1 / N64) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/rat-attack/3030-16953/images/ )

jshendrix68

Mar 13, 2014
Doomgriever said:
jshendrix68 said:
Didn't mention what system it was on. But Rat Attack? (PS1 / N64) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/rat-attack/3030-16953/images/ )
Sorry, that isn't it :( and also sorry, I don't remember what system >_< maybe PS1?

RevanDucayne

Mar 12, 2014
RevanDucayne said:
So the game that's been bugging me for years it's something like this:

You start the prologue in a ship in space. Your mission is to dock in a space station nearby, but you can explore a bit. I seem to recall a large ship and smaller ones from different races, not so sure about that. I believe you can also dock in the large, alien ship.

In the space station, you enter a 3rd person mode. The last thing I remember is the end of the mission where a bunch of aliens invade the space station and when you head to the escape pods, you have to choose between saving your wife/gf or brother. After that, you crash-land in the planet with whoever you chose.
Oh, I also forgot to say I played this on the Xbox and it might have been an early 2000's game.

jshendrix68

Mar 13, 2014
Didn't mention what system it was on. But Rat Attack? (PS1 / N64) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/rat-attack/3030-16953/images/ )[/quote]

YOU are amazing! I don't know why I didn't look up the gaming system! I typed in PS1 games with cats and found it! Thank you so much :)

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
jshendrix68 said:
YOU are amazing! I don't know why I didn't look up the gaming system! I typed in PS1 games with cats and found it! Thank you so much :)
So what game was it? (If other people need to find the same game :) )

(I'm going to assume it was Tail Concerto http://www.giantbomb.com/tail-concerto/3030-8698/images/ )

Folius

Mar 14, 2014
I'm having a really hard time with this..

the game was set in egypt, it was a third person game.

you would collect resources, like wood, stones, pebbles.

you would have to travel by foot a lot of distances to go to universties and schools to learn to craft new things, like bricks, and yarn and all kinds of things.

you could build work benches, pyramids and it was completely open world with a monthly fee.. somewhere around 2000-2004 ish time?

please help me!! lol

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
RevanDucayne said:
RevanDucayne said:
So the game that's been bugging me for years it's something like this:

You start the prologue in a ship in space. Your mission is to dock in a space station nearby, but you can explore a bit. I seem to recall a large ship and smaller ones from different races, not so sure about that. I believe you can also dock in the large, alien ship.

In the space station, you enter a 3rd person mode. The last thing I remember is the end of the mission where a bunch of aliens invade the space station and when you head to the escape pods, you have to choose between saving your wife/gf or brother. After that, you crash-land in the planet with whoever you chose.
Oh, I also forgot to say I played this on the Xbox and it might have been an early 2000's game.
You're probably talking about Advent Rising [http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/301486-advent-rising-windows-screenshot-en-route-to-the-space-stations.jpg]. You can still buy it on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/3800/].

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
Defec said:
there is an game where you are a pig i belive and you shoot at wolves witch are holding on to baloons please anyone help i realy want to play it again
Konami's Pooyan?

CCarolinee said:
I need help. I remember this game: 3 robots(green, yeallow and red...? I guess). And the green has a shield(it's on when you don't play him) and you need to use all three in order to pass the level...
Transformers Animated: The Game for the DS is kind of like Lost Vikings, but with robots (Optimus Prime - red, Bumblebee - yellow, Bulkhead - Green).

jumpsplat said:
I think the main character was wearing some black power suit reminiscent of samus aran's power suit from metroid. He even had a hand cannon type thing, but the graphics were so primitive it looked more like jet black pyramid instead of a weapon. I think one of the early levels was in some sort of brown monotone looking area with gorillas that i think did back flips.
Definitely MDK [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWrjeOHgjY].

JonaManatee said:
It was a really surreal 90's puzzle game. You were a worm or some kind of creature. From what I remember, you woke up on the floor, walked to a room with a bunch of weights attached to ropes, and you had to align them so you could get down to the floor below. You could then slide down a pole into a room with a box with a note inside telling you to feed someone's dog, who only eats gold (meanwhile, the background music kept on going "gold gold gold gold"). You could then walk outside.
The Neverhood [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7BlSTSNUSE]

Ricky Husni

Mar 14, 2014
Uuuh sorry, I'm new here and I really needs help from you good guys here :) Sorry if this is a vague report...

I'm looking for a game, maybe in Playstation or Playstation 2, a 3D action beat-'em-up game where you can use about four different characters but I remember there's this guy with white hair and using his kicks as main weapon, and a girl using mop (or maybe golf stick?) as a main weapon.

And also I remember the name of a stage boss, Riot and in other stage, Otto. Riot uses a knife as his weapon, and Otto...as far as I can remember is a big, bulky guy that punches hard.

And if this can be a little bit helping, Riot and Otto have multiple health gauge (Riot being Blue, Green, Yellow, if I'm not mistaken) and Otto has a lot more, White, Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow...

I really want to know since this is one of my favourite game back then, thanks a lot XD

searcher

Mar 14, 2014
I need your help people PLEASSSSS!!!
there's a point and click 3D adventure pc game that i played quite a long time back.It began by a cutscene showing a blast in a giant hourglass kept in a village located in desert, the blast sends a shockwave that created the player in small child, now player's goal is to get adult again. There was magic involved in gameplay,some magic laser guns also,and player travels to a place in desert on a camel (just a short cutscene of that showing the player riding the camel),
Does anyone has any idea what is the name of this game??

GreedoJr

Mar 15, 2014
Sadly I don't remember a lot about this game, but it's doing my nut in trying to remember what it's called so I can finally play it again.

It's an older PC game, but I don't want to put a date on it since I'm unsure. It might have been an RPG but I never played it long enough to figure out. The game starts you in a small village and I'm pretty sure that it's your birthday or something like that, where everything is bright and cheerful. You do a few short quests given by your mother to get a cake or something similar. My brother seems to remember the time in the village progressing by doing quests and there being a guy in the center of town you could speak to who'd let you know what time it was.

Then something goes wrong and either demons or ghosts start turning up around the town. I remember that you're blamed for it and end up getting exiled from the village and end up in a much darker environment with a cave or mine nearby filled with tough enemies.

The only other things I can remember are that you're not human, I think the people in the game are elves or something of that ilk, and that the title began with M. The logo was a capital M in a red-orange-yellow gradient. The graphics in game were all 2D sprites but if I remember correctly they were pretty high quality.

Any help would be appreciated!

CCarolinee

Mar 2, 2014
CCarolinee said:
I need help. I remember this game: 3 robots(green, yeallow and red...? I guess). And the green has a shield(it's on when you don't play him) and you need to use all three in order to pass the level...
Transformers Animated: The Game for the DS is kind of like Lost Vikings, but with robots (Optimus Prime - red, Bumblebee - yellow, Bulkhead - Green).

thank you! I love you :) :D thank you so much! :)