Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

night_shadow_989

Feb 6, 2014
Planeforger said:
night_shadow_989 said:
I remember a game it was a point and click game you were at a light house and you had to search around the light house for something there was a baby in one room and at some point a portal opens up and suck in the baby and you and you end up on a beach that all I remember
Lighthouse: The Dark Being?
thats it that's the one thanks

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Redrow said:
I've got two more, both were PS1 titles and this time I remember more about them so distinguishing them should be a little easier than the first game I asked about :p

1st game: You played as a man that worked inside an office building, with a grey suit and glasses (not 100% sure on the grey) and the premise of the game was avoiding various things that continuously went wrong, there was a segment where you were running away from a boulder or something inside of a hallway, and then you eventually ended up falling out a window and landing on a flagpole that you had to balance on to avoid falling off because you were pretty high up. Played it on a demo disc at one point but never took the name of the game down. Would to re-visit it now as it seemed like a pretty funny game at the time.

2nd game: Also played from a demo disc, it was a game about creating your own monster and then pitting it in battle against other monsters. It was 3D, and I know it wasn't Arc Arena. Seems like an easy enough premise to find out on my own, but I must be doing my Googling wrong since I had to come here to ask :p
1. Incredible Crisis ( http://www.giantbomb.com/incredible-crisis/3030-20395/ )

2. Monster Rancher? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/monster-rancher/3030-17676/ )

night_shadow_989

Feb 6, 2014
i remember a game it was a Real time strategy that was set in space you built up a base and spaceships for your army to conquer the other player and ill say it right now it is not homeworld, sins of a solar empire or star wars empire at war ive already seen those game and its not what im looking for. its pretty generic in terms of an RTS but i thought it wouldnt hurt to ask

Nick_210

Apr 18, 2014
PetePawn said:
Nick_210 said:
There's this old game that i played in school and it was a kids learning game on the computer. In the game you were in a castle and depending on which way you went there were different learning activities that you could do. I remember one of the activities was to feed cheese to the dragon. This has been stuck in my head for awhile so PLEASE help.
This might be it. http://www.myabandonware.com/game/scooters-magic-castle-26a
no, unfortunately it is not. The game had better graphics than that.

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Doomgriever said:
1. Incredible Crisis ( http://www.giantbomb.com/incredible-crisis/3030-20395/ )

2. Monster Rancher? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/monster-rancher/3030-17676/ )
Yes! Those are absolutely the ones! Thank you plenty. I'm giddy at the thought of being able to play these again through the means of *muffled word mixed in with sudden coughs that may or may not have sounded like emulator* unless they make a surprise appearance on PSN sometime soon, but that's doubtful.

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
night_shadow_989 said:
i remember a game it was a Real time strategy that was set in space you built up a base and spaceships for your army to conquer the other player and ill say it right now it is not homeworld, sins of a solar empire or star wars empire at war ive already seen those game and its not what im looking for. its pretty generic in terms of an RTS but i thought it wouldnt hurt to ask
Starcraft...? Not strictly set in space but it was the first thing that came to mind. That would be too easy though, can't be that.

The only other ones I can think of are the Star Trek Armada games.

edit: Sword of the Stars retracted because it's 4X and not RTS.

dariusdetiger

Apr 21, 2014
Redrow said:
night_shadow_989 said:
Starcraft...? Not strictly set in space but it was the first thing that came to mind. That would be too easy though, can't be that.

The only other ones I can think of are the Star Trek Armada games, and Sword of the Stars.
It very well could be. I know quite a few years before Blizzard announced SC2 I was having trouble remembering it's name until I ran across the Battle Chest in a Best Buy. I must have been 8 or 9 when I played it for only a couple minutes at my father's office party.

johntheguy

Apr 21, 2014
Ok i know its a game that starts with an S but yea... it's like...in the campaingn you are a brain,ont top of a robot,and its like a sandbox shooter where like,i've seen videos that there wore waves of badies like robots and zombies and humans and you can build a fort and the terrain is destroyable!BUT I CANT REMEMBER THE FREAKING NAME!!!

Rikimaru

Apr 21, 2014
Could it be Vandal Hearts? A massive childhood favourite of mine :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnxFx1XzOM

myonlystory

Apr 21, 2014
Hi everybody!
I'm looking for a game please help! You start out in a village and there's a celebration going on, your grandmother (I think) gives you a ring and you take it with you. You go outside the village near a cave and this guy comes and tries to take the ring from you, he gets angry and kidnaps you, he takes you and sells you as a slave and you are named peeta by the other kids and one day you are sent to town to the tailors or something like that and on your way back you see another space boy getting bullied so your character gets angry and picks up sticks and uses mana on the bully and then you are taken to a school and trained in mana

That's all I can remember and I really want to find it an play it please help!

dariusdetiger

Apr 21, 2014
johntheguy said:
Ok i know its a game that starts with an S but yea... it's like...in the campaingn you are a brain,ont top of a robot,and its like a sandbox shooter where like,i've seen videos that there wore waves of badies like robots and zombies and humans and you can build a fort and the terrain is destroyable!BUT I CANT REMEMBER THE FREAKING NAME!!!
How about Supreme Commander?

ranibarshlumdi

Apr 22, 2014
Game I can't remember the name... It involved a kid that was able to travel through time and space whenever he was in his bed... I believe there was a sequence where he had a hoverboard??

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
ranibarshlumdi said:
Game I can't remember the name... It involved a kid that was able to travel through time and space whenever he was in his bed... I believe there was a sequence where he had a hoverboard??
We'll need some more data, like age and system.

Or you just take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_containing_time_travel

masvel1

Apr 22, 2014
hi there

I'm looking for a Dos game,

the guy looks like Conan the barbarian with a sword, and he is running (the game is side scroll) and slashing different opponents with the sword (some guys and women), he some times get upgrades to the sword that make him shoot fires from the sword.

the starting area (as i remember) looks like a land with volcanoes (its all orange color) and the second stage he enters a castle with purple snakes or something like that

KingHugo1989

Apr 22, 2014
Hi guys, iv been looking for a game that i can not remember the name of, here it goes, it was a fantasy game were you built a town and you were able to take control your character in 3rd person it was also online with different kind of magic creatures and monsters, not sure of the date but i would say between 2001-2004, maybe even older, i hope someone can help. you would have battles on the map in 3rd person or you could stay in bird eye view and control like that??

imyourerror

Apr 22, 2014
Hey, so I recently remembered a really old game I played on windows 98 or 95.. I really don't know.
Basically it was ping pong type game. At the start of the game some guy shows up and his head is cut off and then you bounce it from one side to the other while the head skins off and skull is all that remains.
Can't remember any more details.

Maybe you can direct me to some lists I could look through.?
Haven't had any luck so far..

Too long; didn't read:
Violent/bloody ping pong with a head ~win95-98

ranibarshlumdi

Apr 22, 2014
It was an NES game...
Roman78 said:
ranibarshlumdi said:
We'll need some more data, like age and system.

Or you just take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_containing_time_travel
FOUND IT ..Little Nemo The Dream Master..Thanks guys

yooooooo12

Apr 22, 2014
Hi im looking for a game I think it was a n64 game you played as a young boy the first area was dark it was in a library or something with flying books there was a level set on a pirate ship where the pirates where the enemies and there was a level with a yellow brick road it was 2d I hope someone remembers the name of this game I hade lots of fun playing it when I was younger I also remember there was a few power ups aswell

LoptrsKhaleesi

Apr 22, 2014
My brother and I played a PC game in the early 2000s but could have been made in 1990s. I don't remember much as I was young but it was a first player game, you were a man, had a pregnant wife and had some creature (friendly one) stranded in your garden because I think it was injured. Possibly a dragon? But I know I had to run around the town in search of something (it was always raining and it was a kind of harbour town I think). I ended up exploring some caves and there was a sort of prison and a huge spider you had to fight. Wasn't really an action game, more of an adventure. Does this ring any bells? Sorry I suck at describing things.

johntheguy

Apr 21, 2014
dariusdetiger said:
johntheguy said:
How about Supreme Commander?
nope not that one beacause you are an army but you control the guys individualy,and shoot with their weapons
and its 2d and like...the graphics are like 8-bit or 16-bit