Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Gethar

Apr 22, 2014
sir_john said:
Hey everyone!

This game i remember playing on windows xp was between 2006-2010 i was a third person hack n slash game.And you play as a warrior with sword and there was potions in game and items page.I guess you start on a village where its burning and being attacked by vampires or monsters (cant remember which one) its graphics weren't too bad and after the village you go somewhere like a dungeon and you can change weapons.

The guy might be a vampire hunter or something.And when you finish a level you choose the next one from a map and i remember it was crashing while loading to boss and the boss sign was a big eye on the map.I guess there was a girl with us.

I've been looking for this game over a month.Please find this game thank you!!!
This might be a silly suggestion since lately it's sequels are pretty well known, but could it perhaps be the first Witcher? It played pretty differently before the Enchanted Edition was released, though it should never be played un-enchanted ;)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Dilapidated_Vizima_cemetery.JPG

xLAKITUx

Apr 23, 2014
I made a profile on this website JUST to comment on this thread. This has been driving me nuts all day thinking about it at work.

It was an old game that I used to play on an old IBM PC. Which means it either ran on MS-DOS or Windows 3.x

It was a game with a first-person perspective. I can not remember if it was a shooter, or just a straight-up adventure/puzzle type game. However, I remember that a lot of the environments were outdoors, and the graphics were really dated. I'm thinking this is somewhere between 1990-1995. I dont have a lot to go on, but I recall it being maybe medievil themed? It was outdoors and I think you had to get different keys to unlock different doors. I know this is the most vague explanation, but I am PRAYING that someone can help me find this game. I used to love it as a kid.

poop69

Apr 23, 2014
what is this gameˇs name. you are a dude and go thru multiple levls and at the end you are in space and you beat the boss and save a blond girl

charlied

Apr 23, 2014
I have a game I wish I could remember the name of. It was a Japanese PSX game I believe. Basically it was a spy vs spy type of game where each spy has a unique move set. some would drop different types of traps like invisible mines, trip lines(if im remembering correctly), etc. They also had different basic attacks like gun shots and melee attacks. You could also creep around which would increase your chance to detect traps and I believe made you harder to detect. Halp.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
charlied said:
I have a game I wish I could remember the name of. It was a Japanese PSX game I believe. Basically it was a spy vs spy type of game where each spy has a unique move set. some would drop different types of traps like invisible mines, trip lines(if im remembering correctly), etc. They also had different basic attacks like gun shots and melee attacks. You could also creep around which would increase your chance to detect traps and I believe made you harder to detect. Halp.
Trap Gunner ( http://www.giantbomb.com/trap-gunner/3030-3170/images/ )

utkipp1

Apr 23, 2014
Made a ID just to ask this.

PC game from the early to mid 90s. Educational/puzzle game. It starts off in a circus midway and then you get transported to an island run by this evil scientist/magician type guy. You got to solve a bunch of puzzle to advance through the island. The final puzzle involves shooting a piece of popcorn with a giant slingshot at a pteranadon sitting on a cliff. This has been bugging me a lot lately and if anyone can answer this I would be very grateful.

zimpuppy

Apr 23, 2014
This game that I've been thinking of for awhile is really starting to get to me. I can't remember what it is called at all but I really want to play it again! I don't quiet remember when I started playing it but I do remember some of the characters that were in it.

The main character that you would play as looks kind of like a purple bat from what I can remember. You're being chased around by a kid that has a carved pumpkin on his head and he also throws things at you.

UGH! That's all I can remember from that game. I need help! =( I'm also sorry if that it's enough information but, that it all I can remember.

Riverwolf

Dec 25, 2013
I only played/saw this game ONCE in my life, and it was when I was still quite young, probably six or seven. I was at a cousin's house, and there was some game on the TV I'd never seen before, and I suspect that it was on a console I'd never heard of at the time [footnote]Either the Master System or, probably more likely, the Turbo Grafix 16, but I don't remember seeing the console, so I don't know which.[/footnote] The big thing I remember about the game was that you climb up waterfalls while avoiding falling boulders. It was a side-scroller, by the way.

Now, I suspect based on what I remember of the character design that it might have been one of the Bonk games, but as I've never had a chance to play a classic Bonk game (I'd never heard of the Turbo Grafix 16 until well into the 2000s), I can't be sure.

...I'm also going to give an honorary mention to a game I'd played at a different cousin's house (I have a lot of cousins and second-cousins and cousins-who-aren't-blood-related-but-very-close-family-friends). I should mention that I was about eight or nine, at this point. This game was some kind of point and click adventure game involving some guy and his motorcycle. I remember one time starting the game and the narrator talking about "my bike", and then punching out of a dumpster. Later, I'd start the game and it would be night with the bike broken. My cousin told me that the goal was to collect parts because the lady working on the bike (who's, apparently, "got a wrench") doesn't have everything she needs. Those parts were scattered around a junkyard guarded by a mean bulldog who had to be distracted with meat. Once the parts were collected however, there was some part that you had to be fast with your fingers, because after entering the command, the keys of the keyboard would jump out at you fast, and if you weren't fast enough, you could lose a finger or two. (My cousin showed me his pinky, and even though there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it, he insisted that it was fake. ...) I give this one an honorary mention because, after some periodic searching to find the game again, I learned just last year that it was called Full Throttle, and I've been meaning to play it through at some point. To this day, I'm not sure what motivated my cousin to tell the whole finger-destroying keyboard story, and I don't actually know if I ever saw him again... or, come to think of it, if he really was a cousin and not just the then-teenage son of a friend of my dad's. Could very well have been the whole "kids'll believe anything you tell them because they're stupid" nonsense that a lot of people get some impish joy out of. Sad thing is, I actually was, and to some degree still am, quite gullible, so I actually DID believe him at the time. DX

jakobpremmert

Apr 23, 2014
Hi, I am looking for a game I played a long time ago. I remember extremely little about it but i think it was a first person puzzle, story game set in Egypt or similar country, with possibly a female archaeologist being the protagonist. Don't remember exactly how you moved in the game, it could have been "point and click" or possibly just arrow keys.

I remember thinking the game had relatively realistic graphics at the time and i remember a specific cut scene where the protagonist is being snuck up on and some friend of hers interrupts him and slits the ambusher's throat with some knife or possibly a sickle. Keep in mind that this is a rather old game and I was little at the time so this caught my attention.

I also remember some level of the game where you are placed in a yellow tomb-like room with a sarcophagus in the middle, hieroglyphs on the walls and you are supposed to find your way through it. (At this point i quit the game because i was stuck here for too long)

DatGSandraD

Apr 24, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an old game I played on the PC. It starts out with the main character waking up on the beach after a shipwreck I believe and you find a gold ring. In the game there are a whole bunch of puzzles and you have to trade item to get past different places. There is this one place that you have to give several things to like to impish looking people or they throw you into the ocean. There is also a castle that you are supposed to sneak around eventually. I really can't remember it and I've searched all over google for it. I had thought it was a prince of persia game but apparently it's not. So PLEASE help me find thins game I would be so flipping grateful.

DanteCornelius

Apr 17, 2014
DanteCornelius said:
The game i am looking for might have been on Playstation 1 or pc i am not sure c.c i remember that at the start 2 scientist i think were traveling in a ball like object to moon or other planet not sure but after the landing the other guy is laying dead and thare is a chicken in the pod it's an adventure game without any action fighting just walking around clicking objects "not sure if wasd movemnt or point and click style "on an alien planet solving puzzles even meeting some of the locals i remember that at some point he decide to go home and thare was a bit of figuring out the materials needed to launch the ball"pod" back the guy was funny looking with a mustache too i think x.x i know it's vauge :/ but maybe somone will remember
Bumping it

brownbeaer50

Apr 24, 2014
I'm looking for a game that I played on the SNES in the early nineties. It is a top down action adventure game where at the beginning the there is a cut scene where a boy falls into a river. He wakens in this magical land where the enemies are pigs I believe. I remember there begin a good deal of grunting as these enemies came. That is all I remember. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reks0

Apr 19, 2014
Gethar said:
Reks0 said:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a old mmorpg game. It was very easy to play, you were set in a imaginary world in the woods (then you could walk into a castle made of stone, pass through portals?), there were big insects (green big spiders I can remember) and if they approached you had to killed them by only pressing a single key. As you kill many insects your level was getting higher, you could also fight with other users. You just had to press a key to kill everything near from you. The game was online and I can't remember if you needed to register in the game. I played this game 8 years ago.
It's been a long time since I touched Dransik, but I seem to remember in the old version you only needed to press a button to automatically attack monsters near you.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/olegk20/Dransik802.jpg
Thanks for the answer, but it's not that game, the game I'm looking for is a little bit newer than Dransik. Thanks anyway.

shareosman4

Apr 24, 2014
There was a game that I played years ago, the character we play was a robot. It was a 2D sideview game. This robot was to pretend the other robots that came to the city, there were lots of enemies. You could kill civilians if you wanted. The two cities I remember were 'Silver City' and 'Gold City'. The weapons could be upgraded in time. The game started by breaking the wall. I think it was 2005 or 2006.

Omar Eagle

Apr 24, 2014
Hi there! I need help finding the name of an old game I used to play as a kid on PC(Windows 98).

All I can remember is that it was some kind of a shooter. The environment was in 2D(sideview) and it involved puzzle solving elements( I think, I have a vague memory about the puzzle part ).

There was only two characters in the game. The main and only playable character was a man with a gun and I think he was chasing the villain who was a anthropomorphic bull ( or devil? ) I remember him having horns on the game case, package.

There was different levels, each level consisted of multiple "floors" with ladders.

I used to play this game somewhere between 1997 and 2000.

jazminnikolex3

Apr 24, 2014
does anyone remember that one website probably from 2001-2003ish , Addicting Games today is like a modern day version of this website.... i remember playing a squirrel game where you had to control the squirrel (i think it was a squirrel atleast lol) and you had to collect its nuts and go through obstacles and what not. i was so addicted to this game and this website and its driving me nutsssssss. please help!! :)

Mateus Almeida

Apr 24, 2014
Hey 90's kids! I need your help remembering an old PC game!

Description: I remember you starting off with a male/female character you customized. The graphics were either 16-bit or higher, but not too detailed. You were on some type of futuristic island/world and walked around visiting various buildings and "checkpoints" to engage in activities, puzzles, or starting some kind of mini-quest. I remember you had some kind of "blaster" and there were various creatures on the island that would be walking around. I think they were slime/goo-based and robots. The game was pretty cartoon-ish, and could have been potentially one of those "educational" games your school computer had when you were in 4th grade. I want to say it was for Windows 98, but it could have been a little newer. Definitely remember playing it around 2000. It might have been an indie game.

Would be so cool to find out the name of this game again! I remember it being SO awesome as a kid, spending hours just running around the map using the blaster to shoot the robots and creatures on the map.