Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
Also, I do apologies in advance if I double answer someone. I haven't slept in 40 hours and still can't sleep... and I found this thread.

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
LingLing Simpson said:
LingLing Simpson said:
I can only remember vague details, but this is a game from my childhood, so maybe... 10-15 years ago?
It was 2d, open world kind of dungeon fighter game... and there were so many different character you could play as, from people to monsters. The one I remember most is a little blob thing. But you go through and I think if you die, you're given one of the other chars to play?... each char has different abilities and stuff... it is possible the character you had to play was random, I can't remember ever being able to choose one. I remember the little blob monster, a mage, a male fighter, and a female. When you die, you spawn in a little town.... I think the first dungeon might have been in the basement of a house or something? It was definitely 8bit, and kind of like a Terraria style. You can jump up and down and move left and right, but it was... flat screen. Sorry, I can't think of how to explain that lol Y___Y If ANYONE can figure out what this is, I'll be eternally grateful.

Bumping because it's still bothering me, and I can't find it :( please help!
What system was this on? There were lots of old 2D dungeon games. Closest I can think of to what you're describing is Legacy of the Wizard

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
Dracunos said:
I have been looking for this fragmented, vague, young memory of this game forever. At first I thought it was spy vs spy, for some reason that popped into my head, but it wasn't that game, wasn't multiplayer, I don't think, but maybe same Era?

Basically I remember it being a side scroller, might have been multiple gameplay styles but I only remember the first part I could never beat at my age, I was some kind of thief or spy, running from the cops, and you basically moved from left to right avoiding letting the police spotlight touch you, or you lose. But it wasn't platformer style so much, you would time your movements, then run behind something before the spotlight came back, or you could hide in a dumpster, or hide behind a door or something, then when the time was right pop out and run to the next hiding place. Someone's got to know this one! May have been snes or so.
Uh... Rescue: The Embassy Mission ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i93e_DcCQc

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
Jarod Baker said:
Hey i am going ABSOLUTELY CRAZY trying to find this game, the more and more i remember it, the more i go crazy on trying to remember the name, the game was from the late 90's to very early 2000's. I am pretty sure it was on windows 95 and up or on the SEGA. What I can remember is that the player is a Prince who wears blue plate armour and you have to prevent a hostile country waking an ancient red dragon. The party's companions i can remember are a rouge who wears a turban, a cleric, an elf and a dwarf. I remember that you meet the elf in the first dungeon, which is a forest, She is in an old gypsy style carriage. The Games art style is the thing that frustrates me the most.
It is styled like centuria but also looks like RPG maker which extremely annoys me because if it was made with RPG maker i know i will never be able to play it again.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
Sega games, RPGs... check Sword of Vermillion?

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
mclunnainn said:
Hello :) My first post ever, I noticed how good you guys were finding out names, and I desperately need help.

I remember this mid-late 90s "hack and slash" game, looked kinda like diablo/baldurs gate; dark alliance/torchlight in it's settings. The name could have had something along the lines of runes/thunders in it, I'm not sure, cant find anything useful with it on google.

It was a hack n' slash where you could control one of up to 4 characters, each with a different skillset (class), whereas one (the one I played alot) was a dwarven paladin (or the likes). I think I remember a female bowyer, too...
You could go online and play up to 4 man co-op (I assume you could LAN it too, I dont know). I think you could upgrade skills with skillpoints, but not change equipment.

If it's of any help, the picture for the game featured the pool of champions (where that dwarf was most visible) on - I think - red background.
It was the most wonderful game ever, but I cant find it.

Edit - After alot of thinking, I believe the name is more along the lines of "battle mages", "rune mages" or something along the lines. Google comes up empty though.
Are you perhaps thinking of Revenant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2TCIf1k0U

*edit*

Rats, I see you answered it yourself. =<

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
I figured I'd be smart and just keep a text pad open with all my answers so I wouldn't keep replying to a billion things.

HerbinLegend said:
My memory of this game is very vague but this is what I remember:

mid to late 90s pc puzzle game
you could create and dissolve blocks but only directly next to you or diagonally down next to you
i believe the goal was to get to the portal to advance to the next level
i seem to remember the character wearing a purplish color robe
background may have been black with stars
This sounds like Solomon's Key but that's a green robe. Not sure.

DevilsEdge said:
Hi There

I'm looking for a Football manager type game I used to play with my mates, my internet searches have proved fruitless - so many games none seem to fit the bill from what I can recall either PC Game or more likely Amiga

it was in the early 90's, you could play as any team from prem to div 3 (although may have been div 1 to 4, that is a bit hazy), you could have at least 4 players (3 of us used to manage a team each), you started in the division your team was in (so if you picked Man Utd, they would be in top flight)

Skills on players ranked from 1 up to 10, I remember players like Koeman, vanbasten and Gullit were options you could buy on the transfer market, you were also limited to 5 "foreign" players in your squad and you didn't have to watch the games, you could just get the results after every game, not much to go on i'm sorry but hopefully it will jog a few memories?!

Cheers, Edge.
Have you checked Sensible Soccer?

imyourerror said:
Hey, so I recently remembered a really old game I played on windows 98 or 95.. I really don't know.
Basically it was ping pong type game. At the start of the game some guy shows up and his head is cut off and then you bounce it from one side to the other while the head skins off and skull is all that remains.
Can't remember any more details.

Maybe you can direct me to some lists I could look through.?
Haven't had any luck so far..

Too long; didn't read:
Violent/bloody ping pong with a head ~win95-98
Look up Noggin Knockers X

Cloned31 said:
Shit ok this has been driving me nuts.
There were two games I'm looking for.

1. PC point and click adventure and there were these celebrities from a halloween esque town (so they had names like sally spider or something like that) and you played as an investigator or something and you had to go up to the mad scientist in time before he performed his experiment on his subjects. (the celebrites)

2. Math game on PC that was in a school where you solve math problems to defeat robots and the title screen had an erries classical song playing.
Not sure about the first one... sally spider... hrm... stab in the dark here... Elvira: Mistress of the Dark?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira:_Mistress_of_the_Dark

For number two, check OutNumbered!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OutNumbered!

goonbear

Apr 27, 2014
Hi there!

Joined this site just for this thread.

Looking for the name of a game which I saw as a demo from PC Gamer in mid-late 1990's (somewhere between 1996-98 I think) - don't even know if the game ever got fully released but I remembered loving the demo. Was too young to go out and buy the game by myself :p

What I remember:

turn-based strategy
set in space (think 'terrans' in the starcraft universe) but no alien races. 2 factions, similar/analogous units between the two.
fairly bright colour scheme (at least the demo map was!) lots of green ground/blue seas
all the actions happen on one main screen but it alternates between strategic and tactical mode - build the base in turn-based mode, you can also reposition your units freely during the strategic mode; once you go into combat it becomes a classic turn-based tactical map - each unit have a fixed movement range etc. You start off (in the demo anyway) building up the base, defending a few attacks by the other faction, and eventually sending your own expeditionary force to land on the opponent's home planet map (a bit like your own but with defender's advantage as you can only bring in 1 spaceship's worth of units or something like that).
can't remember much about units but I distinctly remember the presence of a hovercraft which can go on the water tiles.

Sorry for the sketchy details but wondering if you guys could help!

Epic Destroyer

Apr 27, 2014
Hello! Just joined the forums because I really want to know the name of this game. This game is my childhood and I haven't got any luck from Yahoo Answers so I came here. It's a 2D Japanese RPG game.

The game was on PC only. From beginning I remember there was a scene and it showed a protagonist going to to this person who had a beard and a purple bandana on his head. I don't remember what they were saying (it was in text) and in the next scene it showed some kind of machinery going somewhere near the forest. Then the game started and I was able to control my character. There was wagons around and then there was a campfire. Loads of characters were around it. I was chatting to them but, they didn't say anything useful.

Then there was this floating crystal bit far away from the campfire but I wasn't able to go to it because something was blocking my way. Then there was a forest place. I went there and nothing was there, just the character I controlled. I walked around the forest and then battle commenced. It was a fight with hornets. I killed them off and walked around the forest more to kill some hornets. I went back to chat with the characters around the campfire.

Then there was this girl that was chatting a bit longer yet again I don't remember what the characters said. So she went to that crystal and did something so I was able to get to the crystal. The crystal allowed to save my game. Then I went back to the forest and there was a boss battle with a lot of hornets and the boss looked like a bear as far as I remember. When I won, I went to the camp leader. When I went to chat to the camp leader, the screen went black and white. Then there was a menu of 4 characters I was able to choose from.

The same character, the bearded guy with purple bandana, a girl and a another girl. When I chose the same character, I remember that there was a character that looked like a slime. Also when choosing the same character, throughout the story you had to fight with a knight. The first battle you would lose and drop your sword and then 2nd battle with him you would win.

When I defeated the knight then there was a scene of my character going somewhere with 2 of the girls. Then I was in middle of nowhere and I found some caves that I was able to go inside. There was holes and when I entered them then a battle commenced with a big spider. Those I couldn't defeat at all. There was only one hole in the cave which lead you somwhere else deeper in the cave. When I did that then I found a chest that was locked. Then I got lost in the cave and didn't know where else to go.

runegic

Apr 26, 2014
Planeforger said:
runegic said:
Hello, looking for a game that I played somewhere between 2001-2005. The game itself might've been released earlier than that... The game works pretty much like Dark Souls or The Witcher 2, it's a PC Hack and Slash with a 3D over the shoulder. I got the the demo from this disc.. and inside it were other demos.. I can't really remember the contents of the game since it was quite a few years back and I've only play the demo.. But..I remember starting as the generic male with a sword on his back, not sure if the starting character was gender locked and whatnot, you started either the middle of no where or in some settlements; the setting was during the night. Near the starting point is a bar or pub with NPCs inside. When talking to the NPCs.. I forgot.. it's either you go into a cut scene when talking to NPCs or.. you stay in the map and just talk. The game might've been just one huge map with no portals and stuff warping you from "room" to "room".

Basically... 2001-2005
Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 like
On PC, may not be limited to PC
Hack and Slash
3D Over the shoulder, might've been able to switch to first person.
Combat was point and click, though movement could've been with wasd
Genre is Fantasy
The HUD might've had the inventory on the right side
Not talking about Runescape
Character was rather flexible
Character design and such was not cartoonish.

Thanks in advance.
That...really could be just about anything. How about Gothic 2, Gothic 3, Two Worlds 1, Two Worlds 2, and Divinity 2 for starters?
The starting point is during the night though.. I thought that might've narrowed down some games. And none of them is the game I'm looking for... I think there was a volcano or lava map somewhere near the middle of the game as well.. if that helps..

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
runegic said:
Planeforger said:
runegic said:
Hello, looking for a game that I played somewhere between 2001-2005. The game itself might've been released earlier than that... The game works pretty much like Dark Souls or The Witcher 2, it's a PC Hack and Slash with a 3D over the shoulder. I got the the demo from this disc.. and inside it were other demos.. I can't really remember the contents of the game since it was quite a few years back and I've only play the demo.. But..I remember starting as the generic male with a sword on his back, not sure if the starting character was gender locked and whatnot, you started either the middle of no where or in some settlements; the setting was during the night. Near the starting point is a bar or pub with NPCs inside. When talking to the NPCs.. I forgot.. it's either you go into a cut scene when talking to NPCs or.. you stay in the map and just talk. The game might've been just one huge map with no portals and stuff warping you from "room" to "room".

Basically... 2001-2005
Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 like
On PC, may not be limited to PC
Hack and Slash
3D Over the shoulder, might've been able to switch to first person.
Combat was point and click, though movement could've been with wasd
Genre is Fantasy
The HUD might've had the inventory on the right side
Not talking about Runescape
Character was rather flexible
Character design and such was not cartoonish.

Thanks in advance.
That...really could be just about anything. How about Gothic 2, Gothic 3, Two Worlds 1, Two Worlds 2, and Divinity 2 for starters?
The starting point is during the night though.. I thought that might've narrowed down some games. And none of them is the game I'm looking for... I think there was a volcano or lava map somewhere near the middle of the game as well.. if that helps..
Die By The Sword? (there is a lava segment) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/die-by-the-sword/3030-1567/images/ )
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmP4H01oI14 )

Atomic Moog

Apr 26, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Atomic Moog said:
Hi,

Remember an old game, used to play on DOS or 3.1. It was an RPG set in the future (seem to remember it being slightly cyberpunk) where you could change/augment/add abilities by adding a 'chip' which gave you skills. Depending on the situation you could change the chip to give you an edge. Very simple 16bit graphics but a decent story. Hunted round and round but can't seem to find any existence of it but I do remember playing it :) Not the most detailed of descriptions I know but hopefully someone will know.....

Thanks in advance!

B.
Syndicate? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/syndicate/3030-10865/ )
Used to love Syndicate so it's not that one, sorry but thanks for the reply. It was more first person rather than isometric. One part of the screen had what you were looking at the rest had boxes with inventory and the chips being used, a bit like the old D&D games.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Atomic Moog said:
Doomgriever said:
Atomic Moog said:
Hi,

Remember an old game, used to play on DOS or 3.1. It was an RPG set in the future (seem to remember it being slightly cyberpunk) where you could change/augment/add abilities by adding a 'chip' which gave you skills. Depending on the situation you could change the chip to give you an edge. Very simple 16bit graphics but a decent story. Hunted round and round but can't seem to find any existence of it but I do remember playing it :) Not the most detailed of descriptions I know but hopefully someone will know.....

Thanks in advance!

B.
Used to love Syndicate so it's not that one, sorry but thanks for the reply. It was more first person rather than isometric. One part of the screen had what you were looking at the rest had boxes with inventory and the chips being used, a bit like the old D&D games.
Something like Cyber-Cop? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/cyber-cop/3030-28875/images/ )

adel909

Apr 27, 2014
Please help!
I remember playing this very awesome game, where you were a space ship(kind of) and you had to choose a song from your computer. As the song went, according to the rhythm these little cubes came and you had to collect them according to their colour. It was downloaded to my computer but now it's gone, and I really want to find it.

grsyddsnk7s

Apr 27, 2014
I just joined this forum because this game I used to play as a kid has been bugging me for so long. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about it, so this may be a long shot, but here goes.

It most likely came out between 1993 and 1998, although it could have been a bit earlier or later. It was specifically made for young kids, and may have been educational. It was a point-and-click game, and I'm pretty sure you played the role of a kid. Your view was first-person, so I don't remember what the main character looked like. I don't think the game had a ton of story to it and your character didn't have much of a personality either. You basically acted like a detective and you were exploring this place looking for clues, which were mostly items. I remember the place being a museum, but I'm not positive if that's right. Anyway, you went from room to room searching for items to solve a crime. I think the items were either artifacts that were stolen and hidden by someone or clues that the criminal left behind. You couldn't actually move the character, you would just click on something to go to new rooms, so you only had one view of each room (I'm not sure if I worded that well). Stuff would change when you left a room, like sometimes you would come back and find a clue that wasn't there before. I also recall dinosaur bones being a part of the game, but I could just be mixing it up with something else. I don't know it there were other characters in the game or not. I think that's everything I can remember.

I have been searching for days, and I already know that it's not a Nancy Drew game, The ClueFinders, a Scooby Doo game, or The Dagger of Amon Ra. I also don't think it's Mystery at the Museums, but I'm having trouble getting the copy I downloaded to work on my computer so I'm not 100% sure it's not it.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions anyone could give.

Atomic Moog

Apr 26, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Atomic Moog said:
Doomgriever said:
Atomic Moog said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

B.
Something like Cyber-Cop? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/cyber-cop/3030-28875/images/ )
Genius! It's like a great weight has been taken off my mind :) Thank-you so much!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
adel909 said:
Please help!
I remember playing this very awesome game, where you were a space ship(kind of) and you had to choose a song from your computer. As the song went, according to the rhythm these little cubes came and you had to collect them according to their colour. It was downloaded to my computer but now it's gone, and I really want to find it.
Audiosurf? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIRPNUQrU1Y )

MilkyPanPan

Apr 27, 2014
I've done a fair bit of searching around and can't find anything on this space fighter game... I remember it being one where you flew to different points, fighting enemies and even bosses I think? I remember fighting this big flower gun thing at one stage, while at the same time you could dock at stations, buy new ships and walk around the stations. But I'll be damned if for the life of me I can't find it anywhere! anyone have any idea what this game is Im talking about?

david232323

Apr 26, 2014
Aline Wo said:
Hi! I'm looking for a game that I loved so much but forgot the name and can't find on the internet... somebody named tommijazz91 seemed to look for the same one:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=12#13163081

so I'm copying his text:

"It was a 4-players split screen, 2D view, and in each panel you could use a player: the players had different colours (red, yellow, blue, green) and you could dig, throw objects or bombs (balls of fire, rocks, etc.), build factories and trains, carts (where you could throw recources into), elevators, balloons etc. You could also dig into gold or others resources, or drown in the water if you dug through ice........In the main menu you could choose between some maps (one mostly with ice, another with earth, one with giant caves, etc.).
Controls for each player were on the same keyboard (one player was controlled by WSAD, another by arrows, another by numeric pad etc.) so you could play at least 2 players simultaneously. Fo example, if you press "W" the player jumps, "A-D" for left and right, but if you press "S" the player digs.

I used to play this game on a Windows 98, like 8-10 years ago :), and I don't have that pc anymore.

The graphics was way better than Dig Dug or mining-like games, but this game wasn't only about mining: you could do lots of things like build and ride things, etc."

And the others things that I remember:

- Every team had a boss who was screaming something at the end of the game. When you'd win, we'd sometimes sing "We are the champions... you are the loser, haha!!"

- I think every boss was in a corner of the map

- The goal was to kill the other armies of other color (racism!!)

- It was a really funny and humorous game, in a cartoony style. The caracters were like fantasy animals, but I dont remember it well...

Thank you very much to everybody who took the time to read this and tried to remember this game!!
Hope I'll be able to help others! Nice forum!
I tried to look for this game, if we give a thought to the same one of course . it is necessary to play with little green people_nation ? it is necessary to get one digging for them and is when if I know it well in a kitchen it is necessary to be adroit . sry not perfect English.

dancelouisdance

Apr 27, 2014
Hello, im looking for what i think is a ps1(Psx) game.

okay so from what i can remember it was about killing and shooting aliens
the game format was kinda like classic dungeon and dragons (like it was a 2d game but you move up and down on the stage)
it was 2 players
i think player one was some buff guy in a suit and player 2 was a smaller guy(could have been a girl.)

I mostly remember having to kill the alien eggs before they hatch.

thanks for anyone who tries too help find the game x)