Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Krige

Oct 27, 2010
Could that be one of the Oddworld games [http://www.mobygames.com/game/oddworld-abes-exoddus/screenshots]?

Watson Cat

Sep 22, 2014
hey guys... im new here but I am looking for this game... im going to be vague because unfortunately i was like 10 when i played this game... or maybe less... but for the sake of nostalgia, here goes...

so I think the game was out around 2000... but not sure...
I had a demo of it on my windows pc...
it was a tactical rpg style game with 4 or so characters but i think you could find more in the real game...
set in like a medieval fantasy world...
in the demo you walk around a bit in the world until you find this rock that you push out the way to go down into a hole where you end up fighting this crazy lightning wizard...
i dont remember much els about the game... although i feel like "hex..." or something like that was in the title... perhaps not...
I think the main guy wore blue...

any way, i really wanna find this game and any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Watson Cat said:
hey guys... im new here but I am looking for this game... im going to be vague because unfortunately i was like 10 when i played this game... or maybe less... but for the sake of nostalgia, here goes...

so I think the game was out around 2000... but not sure...
I had a demo of it on my windows pc...
it was a tactical rpg style game with 4 or so characters but i think you could find more in the real game...
set in like a medieval fantasy world...
in the demo you walk around a bit in the world until you find this rock that you push out the way to go down into a hole where you end up fighting this crazy lightning wizard...
i dont remember much els about the game... although i feel like "hex..." or something like that was in the title... perhaps not...
I think the main guy wore blue...

any way, i really wanna find this game and any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Nox? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/nox/3030-3958/images/ )

Manvil

Mar 18, 2012
diablo rules said:
Manvil said:
I'm looking for game that was set in ancient greece and involved ships, trading, fishing and ship warfare heavily. It was a strategy game and i played it either in the late 90's or early 2000's. I think I played a demo but it may have been a free game.

I don't think it had any mythology in it but i do remember an old guy telling you when you finished performing a action
Maybe:

Ancient Conquest: Quest For The Golden Fleece (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2q6F2QezY

That is it! You sir are a legend for finding it so quickly with the little info I gave. Thank you Diablo rules :)

UnwillingDonor

Sep 22, 2014
So i played this game a while back,when ps2 was still popular and its for the ps2. It was an rpg style game,i dont 100% remember what combat was like but it might have been turn based. You played a character who is trying to save the world or something( nothing new there) the unique thing is that you travel around in a big boat,like with masts and sails and stuff and you need to travel to new places to recruit allies to help you fight the evil. Now i remember that to unlock certain allies you'd need to have 50 allies unlocked or something along those lines. I also remember when travelling to new areas on your boat you would get into battles with other boats. I thought this game was fun when i was younger and i was really hoping to find out what its called.

Dustborn

Sep 22, 2014
Old PS2 game (about a year or so after its release).
Medieval time arena combat. Over the head view. Could have up to four characters fighting. Things like magic and stuff. A lot like Blood Line Champion style combat. Had story mode as well as versus and i believe an arcade type mode.

Arenegeth

Aug 22, 2014
UnwillingDonor said:
So i played this game a while back,when ps2 was still popular and its for the ps2. It was an rpg style game,i dont 100% remember what combat was like but it might have been turn based. You played a character who is trying to save the world or something( nothing new there) the unique thing is that you travel around in a big boat,like with masts and sails and stuff and you need to travel to new places to recruit allies to help you fight the evil. Now i remember that to unlock certain allies you'd need to have 50 allies unlocked or something along those lines. I also remember when travelling to new areas on your boat you would get into battles with other boats. I thought this game was fun when i was younger and i was really hoping to find out what its called.
Given that I'm a big fan of the series I'm almost certain you're talking about Suikoden IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8QX75wfd4

UnwillingDonor

Sep 22, 2014
Arenegeth said:
UnwillingDonor said:
Given that I'm a big fan of the series I'm almost certain you're talking about Suikoden IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8QX75wfd4
Ah yes! This is definitely it! You were really quick on that one! Thanks so much, now onto the next battle.finding a copy of this game.

Jen Yacavino

Sep 22, 2014
I'm trying to remember the name of a game I believe was for PS1 as well as PC. I know you can now get it in the App Store for iPhone. It was a game that had a different shapes with crazy faces on them that would hang from the top of the screen. One of those single shapes would need to be shot up from the bottom of the screen. You'd need to hit a cluster of 3 or more for them to be knocked down from the top. The objective of the game was to clear the screen of all the shapes.

Thanks in advance!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Jen Yacavino said:
I'm trying to remember the name of a game I believe was for PS1 as well as PC. I know you can now get it in the App Store for iPhone. It was a game that had a different shapes with crazy faces on them that would hang from the top of the screen. One of those single shapes would need to be shot up from the bottom of the screen. You'd need to hit a cluster of 3 or more for them to be knocked down from the top. The objective of the game was to clear the screen of all the shapes.

Thanks in advance!
So one of the Bust-A-Move games or a clone? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/bust-a-move-2-arcade-edition/3030-2285/images/ )

Arenegeth

Aug 22, 2014
Dustborn said:
Medieval time arena combat. Over the head view. Could have up to four characters fighting. Things like magic and stuff. A lot like Blood Line Champion style combat. Had story mode as well as versus and i believe an arcade type mode.
Sounds a lot like Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. But it doesn't seem to have an Arcade or Versus mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzu1CHab1b8

I also have doubts because you said 'arena' combat. But check it out.

forgetfulninja

Sep 22, 2014
I distinctly remember playing this game on the computer, probably around 2009. I believe it was a flash game

It was an action/adventure game in which you were trying to collect 3 pieces of an artifact. The characters were a green-haired witch, a red dragon, a brown robot, and a ninja panda. I believe the witch was called Gwen or Gwyn, and I think the dragon was called Puff or something.

The levels were a rainforest, where the Panda was the level boss. a fantasy land with clouds and such with the Dragon as a boss, and a cemetery place with the Witch as a boss. I'm not too sure, but I think the Robot level was like an exaction site with other robots as enemies.

There was also an arena mode where you could just battle with characters of your choosing, and one of the stages was a space station.

I'd love to play this game again, so any help would be greatly appreciated

sigone89

Sep 22, 2014
I can't remember the name of an old game from the 90's. i don't remember much but you had 3/4 lost soldiers with big green helmets and had to navigate them through a small basic map with a few enimies, in jungles and in snow etc. it was a very basic game where you just click where you want your soldiers to go, and who to attack. i think it was more of a puzzle game to get your lost soldiers home. and at the end of each map it came up with the names of the dead and their medals.
Almost like tiny troopers characters. but older and more simple.

wingsanddragons

Sep 21, 2014
Ok, I been searching for days with no luck fnding a match so I thought I'd try here.

This is a game from the 90's possibly very early 00's I was a kid playing this back then. It was a pc game (since xbox dint exist then) I can only remember pieces what I do remember is

It wasn't 2d platform, or first person view. it was looking down at character from a diagonal angle
it was sci fi genre type. Almost alien planet, I remember lots of plants all over the place
I remember that occasional while walking around the area you had platform tile crossings, where you have to work out a pattern to cross, it could be colour or shape, but get it wrong and these plant roots whack you.)

I also remember a certain level, which I don't think I enjoyed as a kid. There were creatures, almost mud men, who would wander around the level, if they see you they slowly chase you, you cant kill them I remember that why you had to run. You can find temp things to disguise yourself as one to run past safely and I think you were after bits of pipe or bits of a machine. There were also safe spots where they couldn't get you.

Mikael Wedlund

Jul 18, 2010
Ok so i've run out of options.. ive tried to remember and search for 2 old games now for years and years and i just can't find them or remember the name of them.

First game:
PC
Adventure game (think Sierra or lucasarts game style)
point & click
2d drawn environment
possibly SVGA resolution
mid or late nineties
story is about light and dark.. two characters seem to be each others opposites and have opposing "super powers" och can control darkness and one can control light. its not completely clear on who is the bad and who is the good guy.

second game.
PC
top down space shooter/adventure (think tyrian 2000 but 360 degree with a story)
VGA resolution
possibly mid-nineties
controls were keyboard.
the game was shareware
story, you are a bounty hunter/merchant or something and fly around in space, meeting with other alien spaceships.
the game had a dialogue system so you can talk to these other spaceships, some were enemies and some you could trade with.
it was story driven.

EDIT: just found it myself!! finally! it was Solar Winds by Epic Megagames.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
sigone89 said:
I can't remember the name of an old game from the 90's. i don't remember much but you had 3/4 lost soldiers with big green helmets and had to navigate them through a small basic map with a few enimies, in jungles and in snow etc. it was a very basic game where you just click where you want your soldiers to go, and who to attack. i think it was more of a puzzle game to get your lost soldiers home. and at the end of each map it came up with the names of the dead and their medals.
Almost like tiny troopers characters. but older and more simple.
Cannon Fodder (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw0Nc1YHqU4

gothicra

Sep 22, 2014
Hello,

SO an old game i remember playing on PC rly bugging me (somewhere in the early 2000-2001 maybe- at least that's when i played it)
It's an isotropic fast paced action mech shooter where you have kind of a spherical ship (futuristic hover ship) riddled with different guns like machine-guns and rockets and you hover around very fast in dark futuristic themed levels shooting turrets and other mechs .. in order to progress you had to collect some key cards in different colors to open doors (green/blue/red) ---
when i remember the game i get the feeling it was called something like 'Virus' or had something to do with that MAYBE (not sure)...

Anyway i can't find it anywhere and this seemed the place to come
THANK YOU !

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Dustborn said:
Could Be:

Barbarian (2002)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mo6OhXEYD0

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
gothicra said:
Hello,

SO an old game i remember playing on PC rly bugging me (somewhere in the early 2000-2001 maybe- at least that's when i played it)
It's an isotropic fast paced action mech shooter where you have kind of a spherical ship (futuristic hover ship) riddled with different guns like machine-guns and rockets and you hover around very fast in dark futuristic themed levels shooting turrets and other mechs .. in order to progress you had to collect some key cards in different colors to open doors (green/blue/red) ---
when i remember the game i get the feeling it was called something like 'Virus' or had something to do with that MAYBE (not sure)...

Anyway i can't find it anywhere and this seemed the place to come
THANK YOU !
Vyruz: Destruction Of The Untel Empire (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odkR0OWQg_U