Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Zoey101 said:
Ok if anyone can get these I will be very impressed these are three games from the 90's i can't remember please help!

Game 1: You are this pink female alien lizard thing living in this large house that allows you to go into different rooms, you can ride this small car and eat apples off trees that's all i remember

Game 2: I doubt anyone can get this, all i remember is 2-D fish of different colors swimming around it was like this interactive educational kids game

Game 3: I remember one scene from this game, you are in an alleyway and there's this thin black cat on this trash can or something and someone is singing baa baa black sheep

3rd.- Alley Cat (1983)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDG4dlU5uY

2nd.- It could be "Freddy" Fish (1983) game, NOT to be confused with the "Freddi" Fish (1994) series.

caninequeen

Sep 24, 2014
hi! i played this game on a computer in school, maybe in kindergarten or first grade? i only played it once or twice maybe, but i was really good at it. it was like... a birds-eye view of you, and you were playing as a knight in a castle, and you had to do, like... math problems to progress. at the end of each level, it would take you to a room so you could see everything you collected so far. i'm not sure if you could interact with any of it but i know it was there. yesterday in spanish i thought i figured it out but i googled it and nothing :( anything at all, even incorrect guesses, would be a HUGE help! thanks so much! :)

EDIT: i thought of some more details. the numbers were red and it was like... 16-bit. i can't remember if it had any music at all or not. and you were leading him through a maze i think.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
quitasims said:
hey guys i'm hoping that someone can help me out. i have tried to exhaustion to find a 90's game.
all i remember is that it was manufactured by a company called edmark and it was a computer game where you would build 2d and 3d boxes and shapes having to use the mouse to construct it together I think it had to do with geometry, not sure though.
ps. i have looked everywhere including edmark's website and still did not find the game I was looking for
I know its an edmark game because I remember the intro which was 3 kids in a blue box followed by a yellow purplish shooting star, which was edmarks logo in the 90's
3D Thinking Lab (1998)

http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/22/52/108.2380

caninequeen

Sep 24, 2014
Ashcrexl said:
ah, i thought of another one! it was an arcade style game, with the insert coins and stuff, i dont remember where exactly i played it, but anyways, there was a mouse, running from cats in a 2D mansion with trampolines, and, i swear i remember this correctly, you beat them by SLAMMING DOORS AT THEM. it was hard as hell, anyone know the name?
ok, i know this reply is 4 years late, but this game is mappy.

leadora

Sep 24, 2014
hi, i just joined to ask a question. in the mid to late 90's i played a sort of interactive fiction/choose your own adventure thing that led you through a fairly ordinary life. it was just on the internet, answered a question and then were given the result and the next question. i don't remember there being any images at all, just text. maybe some sort of graph thing? anyway, i don't have much to go by here and my searching has been fruitless-- there are no useful words to search. i only played/answered it once, but stayed up all night doing so and led a depressing life in it until i reached the end and it said you died. this is silly, but all these years later i still think of it and regret not trying again and trying to lead a more interesting life! does anyone know what this was? and more importantly, where can i try it again?

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
caninequeen said:
hi! i played this game on a computer in school, maybe in kindergarten or first grade? i only played it once or twice maybe, but i was really good at it. it was like... a birds-eye view of you, and you were playing as a knight in a castle, and you had to do, like... math problems to progress. at the end of each level, it would take you to a room so you could see everything you collected so far. i'm not sure if you could interact with any of it but i know it was there. yesterday in spanish i thought i figured it out but i googled it and nothing :( anything at all, even incorrect guesses, would be a HUGE help! thanks so much! :)
Kannan! (2000)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/kannan

caninequeen

Sep 24, 2014
diablo rules said:
caninequeen said:
Kannan! (2000)

this isn't it, the game i'm thinking of had a lot simpler graphics...
but thank you nonetheless! :)

waianaepride

Sep 24, 2014
alright i have a game that im trying to remember the name for, it has been bugging me for years. the only thing i can remember about this game is this one cutscene where you see a woman in a red dress i believe and a man wearing what looks like something a european prince would wear. anyways they look like they are on a stage or something, maybe a theater. i dont remember if they were doin a play. anyways, everyone in the room begin to burn and it seems the woman is the one controling the fire and killing everyone even the man who was with her. this is the best i can do to describing this i believe it was a shooting game as well because after the cutscene i remember trying to shoot her.
if you are able to help me i would be deeply grateful.

Steven Bryant

Sep 24, 2014
so there a spaceship combat game on PC i played as a kid that had mid to late 90's age of empires art style, although i played it early 2000's. it was a 2d overhead that had 20 levels, several weapon types and you would fly around accomplishing small mission directives in each level and shooting enemy ships and large towers with guns on them.
the ship you flew in had a crescent shape and while exploring the map it would slowly go from black to revealed in a very age of empires style.
one of the levels even featured chasing down a ship and shooting it till it died, it looked like a huge brain..
i've been looking for it for years never a clue on what it was called.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
caninequeen said:
diablo rules said:
caninequeen said:
Kannan! (2000)

Sir Addalot's Mini Math Adventure (1993)?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/sir-addalots-mini-math-adventure

it would help if you say the possible year(s) when you played it

caninequeen

Sep 24, 2014
diablo rules said:
caninequeen said:
diablo rules said:
caninequeen said:
Kannan! (2000)

Sir Addalot's Mini Math Adventure (1993)?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/sir-addalots-mini-math-adventure

it would help if you say the possible year(s) when you played it
maybe around... 2005? but looking at other games made around then, it was definitely made before that. if it means anything, i /think/ i found the title of it (mathmaze), but theres no wikipedia page for it and its not on mobygames either.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
waianaepride said:
alright i have a game that im trying to remember the name for, it has been bugging me for years. the only thing i can remember about this game is this one cutscene where you see a woman in a red dress i believe and a man wearing what looks like something a european prince would wear. anyways they look like they are on a stage or something, maybe a theater. i dont remember if they were doin a play. anyways, everyone in the room begin to burn and it seems the woman is the one controling the fire and killing everyone even the man who was with her. this is the best i can do to describing this i believe it was a shooting game as well because after the cutscene i remember trying to shoot her.
if you are able to help me i would be deeply grateful.
Parasite Eve (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn9UHMYR_jM

Krige

Oct 27, 2010
Steven Bryant said:
so there a spaceship combat game on PC i played as a kid that had mid to late 90's age of empires art style, although i played it early 2000's. it was a 2d overhead that had 20 levels, several weapon types and you would fly around accomplishing small mission directives in each level and shooting enemy ships and large towers with guns on them.
the ship you flew in had a crescent shape and while exploring the map it would slowly go from black to revealed in a very age of empires style.
one of the levels even featured chasing down a ship and shooting it till it died, it looked like a huge brain..
i've been looking for it for years never a clue on what it was called.
The last part sounds a lot like Tyrian [http://www.mobygames.com/game/tyrian/screenshots].
If it is Tyrian, it was released as a freeware and has a source port for modern systems.

Jan 9, 2011
Okay, this is killing me. I don't remember even liking the game, but I have to know what it was called.

I played it on the PC. It's probably from the late 90's or VERY early 00's. It's a third-person, 3D action game. The opening cutscene begins with the protagonist crashing his airship in some creepy, stone-castle-like environment, and he becomes stranded. The only enemies I remember are undead skeletons (though I may be getting confused with another game) and these machine gun turrets which would do major health damage. It was quite difficult to reach certain areas and items because they were located in hard-to-reach areas which involved jumping over deadly spikes, or venturing out onto narrow ledges. It was night time in the game, and the atmosphere was quite dark, gloomy, and a tiny bit scary (as I remember it, being 7 years old at the time).

The cover art was a long shot of four people pointing guns in different directions, but all facing towards the camera, on a plain black background.

jibclimmer

Sep 20, 2014
1. An ancient PC adventure game. Definitely DOS era. You typed in commands but there was a graphical representation of the world. You played a kid who was looking for his cat. To end the game you could jump off a cliff and wake up to find it was all a dream.

2. A Windows 95 era racing game that had a remote control car racing feel, with winding and looping and splitting narrow tracks. It had a futuristic aesthetic and a game show storyline where you got to pick things from behind three doors when you won. The game show aspect had the full motion video popular at the time in it.

3. A hybrid RTS/first person vehicle sim. You primarily controlled a mothership that collected resources from control points and had turrets. Your mothership generated X number of minion cars/helicopters/jets etc on your orders to go fight the enemy. At any time you could jump to any minion and control it directly to take down the enemy mothership. Some enemies looked like WW I vehicles while others looked like aliens or futuristic.

4. A first person shooter where the story was that all war in the future is waged by remote piloted drones. The game was 3D kind of like Descent but it had a great multiplayer mode. I feel like the name was one word and it started with a G but I might be wrong.

5. A Diablo clone but with a slightly more cartoony or silly aesthetic. You started out as a farm boy or something. The game was pretty silly. I just remember that killing an armored guard got me almost instantly killed and that they used different color-skinned beasts to indicate stronger ones. I feel like it had a one word title. It was for PC- windows 95 era.I don't think it was an a-list title. It was fun though. I think they touted that it was easily user-moddable. Design your own playable modules kind of thing.

6. This old web-based shockwave flash game from the 90s that I remember that I thought was called Space Pirate or Space Pirates that I remember. I don't remember too much about the mechanics, other than that it was very hard. There was fuel and you could travel to destinations but sometimes you would be intercepted by pirates or the space police or something. I think you had crew, and maybe the ship was customizable? I know a big part of the game was buying and selling merchandise to make a profit.
Anyone else remember this game, or know what it was actually called?

7. Played this once on a candy-colored old-school iMac running OS 7 or something. I feel like I remember a Sierra logo. Point and Click adventure game with full motion video characters. I only played one scene: you were frankenstein's Monster just come to life and Frankenstein was there making sure you didn't do anything or escape. He talked to you a bunch and would kill you with an injection if you annoyed him or sow thing. Not sure if it was actually Frankenstein or a rip-off with a different name. Frankenstein was either played by Tim Curry or a guy that my kind has twisted into being Tim Curry and just a similar vibe.

duca997

Sep 24, 2014
Please help me,i played this game 2004 year.I remember i controlling the man,i think is point and click game,i was in the plane and i sit down,i remember i tied a belt,and the plane was crashed.Pilot i think is dead,when i see plane is stuck,i looked down there was a waterfall,and there is a wood. This is it what i remember,also I remember a little more i was woman in apartment,and then I had to take a pan to hit someone i don know, thanks in advance for your help!!!

t0ngan

Sep 24, 2014
Ok, need help finding this game i once played probably back in 2002/03, i remember it was kinda like a hex turn based game, i think so.... but i know for sure it was turn based, they ha da red and blue side where red was the enemy and blue is you, you play in dungeons/caves, obviously fighting until the enemy/your leader is defeated, they cast magic in the game as well close combat melee...

Remembering other things, you get to choose who you wanted to be a mage/warrior/ranger etc... when you start a new game, i'm sure there were others

might be hard to find, but thats all i can remember from back then, been searching around for anything related to it... hoping this place might have some answers

anything will help at this point

Thank you in advance

Arenegeth

Aug 22, 2014
duca997 said:
Please help me,i played this game 2004 year.I remember i controlling the man,i think is point and click game,i was in the plane and i sit down,i remember i tied a belt,and the plane was crashed.Pilot i think is dead,when i see plane is stuck,i looked down there was a waterfall,and there is a wood. This is it what i remember,also I remember a little more i was woman in apartment,and then I had to take a pan to hit someone i don know, thanks in advance for your help!!!
I think you're talking about Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMLU9YhljsE Check it out.

duca997

Sep 24, 2014
Arenegeth said:
duca997 said:
I think you're talking about Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMLU9YhljsE Check it out.
Yes is that game.Thank a lot!!

Christopher221B

Sep 21, 2014
I take it nobody is aware of the game I posted about in page 454? Basically, a FREE RPG game. Did not mention that. And just to add to that, it was on Windows, you had a choice between a man and a woman whose entire bodies would cover the screen (at least halfway through I guess). There were goblins of different levels. And primarily that teleportation unit/building in the main town, it was played on a Windows PC. The game looked partly 3D (top view, isometric).
I'll just put this here to tell you what it isn't (I've gone through vast amounts of games and such)
Inquisitor, NoX, Neverwinter Nights, Avernum (those sequels too), Dungeon Siege, Arcanum of Steamworks/Magick Obscura among others. So yes, I've searched a LOT. Any kind of help would be appreciated. I've added many more details in Page 454 too so ANY kind of site to search or any hint of a name would be much appreciated.
Thanks