Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

MurseMan

Sep 24, 2014
I have been looking online for on old game from somewhere in the early to mid 90's. It was a settler/colonization game where you had to grow your colony but ultimately you had to find gems or relics. There was tech you could upgrade that let you get different units all the way up to cannons and hot air balloons. it had seasons and if you had people outside in the winter they could get sick and die. Thanks

Christopher221B

Sep 21, 2014
MurseMan said:
I have been looking online for on old game from somewhere in the early to mid 90's. It was a settler/colonization game where you had to grow your colony but ultimately you had to find gems or relics. There was tech you could upgrade that let you get different units all the way up to cannons and hot air balloons. it had seasons and if you had people outside in the winter they could get sick and die. Thanks
Freecol or one of the Civilization games. But since Civilization does not specifically have seasons, I'd say it's The Settlers. One of them at least. Here: check these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Settlers

Now....can anyone answer my previous question? As well as the excruciatingly detailed description on Page 454?

Zen.Gamer

Sep 24, 2014
Hi everybody.

I have now spent the last 8 hours looking for this game, which has been the culmination of an on and off again search for many a year. I don't remember much about the game as I only rented it at a video store near my friends house for one weekend in the late 90's early 2000's. All I can remember is that it was a fantasy based game, either in an action-adventure or RPG genre. I think it was released on the Playstation (though I could be wrong).

The only thing I can remember at all was parts of the character creation (You would think character creation on the PS1 would be easy to find), you had all the usual Macguffins such as name and gender but you also received cards (fortune cards maybe, maybe something to do with a horoscope), which the game gave to you randomly (apparently) and were able to choose your characters personality, such as happy or angry, these determined how your character responded when reading signs or talking to NPC's. The one that I remember choosing was silent (which basically meant that the only thing your character ever uttered was a somewhat passive aggressive ellipses).

I vaguely remember the art style being slightly cartoonish, and one of the first areas being a forest. However, memory is not a reliable witness and I would not stand by any of this in court.

Edit: Can't remember if the characters were 2D Sprites or 3D Meshes. The camera was a Isometric style.

I appreciate any help you can provide, even if it is just another clue that I can start tracking down.

I don't even know why I want to play this game again (As I played it for a day a long time ago). I think it is because I can still remember the tortured angst of the silent character, the amount of dark emotion when he replied "...".

Santis

Sep 24, 2014
otaminempire said:
Hi guys,
Im after a game on PC its an old game i cant remember which windows i was playing it on, But you start off in a spaceship i think or facility or somthing and i think your a prisoner. all i remember was i found an arm somewhere with like 3-4 fingers on it to use it to open a door or security door or somthing. I think it was First person view.
Bioforge?
http://www.gamespot.com/bioforge/images/

Sep 24, 2014
Hello,

First of all, thank you in advance to anyone who can help me!

So, I can't stop thinking about it, and would love to see if it is still up at running. It was quite a few years ago, probably 8-10 years, if not more. The game was an online game that you had to download. It was a 3D tank-like game with different servers. Players were able to go to two separate teams. Red and blue teams if I remember correctly, I think a maximum of maybe 16 players per server? I say tank-ish, because they weren't EXACTLY tanks, but basically a futuristic style of tanks. The leader of your team, whoever had picked up the leader button or beacon, or w/e, would be able to order air drops from your spaceship orbiting the planet. You could get guns, power up stations, all sorts of things from the air drops. You would then pick up the package and deploy it wherever your base is, or you could start making a new base closer to your opponents, or wherever was a strategic position. You could also pick up your opponents packages if they haven't already picked them up. The goal was to destroy the opposing team, and each world had a time limit. When that time limit was done, it would simply remake a new world, however there were only a few maps to play on, not a large selection. Same with the tanks, I think there were only 2-3 maybe 4 tanks you could choose from. Some were more for speed, other for defense, others for offense, etc., etc. Also, when the package would drop, you'd see a little box on your screen showing you how far it is away. You could use hotkeys to rotate through targeting different things so you could know how far everything was away from you. I believe you could also jump with your tank if you had the energy to do it, so you could be riding up behind a guy that you know is on the other side of a mountain, and jump over the top while firing repeatedly and hopefully get the jump, literally, on your opponent. Was a REALLY fun game and I'd love to see if it's still up and running.

Once again, thanks for any and all help!

Zen.Gamer

Sep 24, 2014
Taylor Stanish said:
Hey guys...me and my sisters used to play a game on the computer in the 90s... it may have been on play station but im pretty sure its a computer game.

it was set in camelot im pretty sure. (it wasn't quest for camelot) There was a lot of different rooms and you had to find things and put them together and make inventions. I remember a dodo bird and sir lancelot... I think the main character was a dragon... and there was a scene where you climbed up a bunch of sheets to the top tower? my sister remember knights of the round table. i think thats about all i can remember. any help would be great thanks!

and it was also a point and click game

I think you might be referring to Blazing Dragons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPBQBJxuT0&feature=player_detailpage#t=86

Zen.Gamer

Sep 24, 2014
Georgia Quinn said:
Hi guys!
I just want to say I'm so glad this thread exists, if anyone could help me out I would be so grateful.
When I was younger I remember playing a game on PC, it was a point and click adventure. You walked sideways through different areas, I remember there being a desert you got lost in with creepy zombie looking guys that would sometimes walk towards you. I also remember a section where you would walk into a building and there would be treasure with a scorpion there waiting to attack you.
There were lots of different puzzles, it was mid to late 90's when I played it and the intro clip was a cartoon with a young girl looking in a lake and a portal opens and she falls in.
It was sort of creepy and really surreal. Please help!
It might be Kings Quest VII.
I'm not sure about some of what you said, as I haven't played this game in a long time but the opening matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P8UITu8Faw

and there is a giant scopion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_prkBsNSo

Aurablitz

Sep 24, 2014
Hello i made a account just for this thread:

It was a flash game, it was rpg like with a megaman battle network arena, you had over 7 characters and i think metal sonic was one of them, it was turn based and i think it had some kind of chips, i played this over 4 years ago.

Mads Frandsen

Sep 24, 2014
Hi everyone!

I am looking for two games. If anyone can help me to find either one of them, I will be very thankful :)

The first one was an adventure game in very bad 3D (very blocky). Early on in the game, if you took a wrong turn, you would get beaten by a monkey. I remember there was a minotaur-like creature, possibly living in a castle. And there was something about a fountain of youth or something like that.

The second game was a top-down racing game, where you picked up letters or numbers, I think. At some point you would drive aboard a truck (I may be imagining this?) and you would upgrade your car or something of that sort. I think this was either an Amiga game or a DOS game.

I hope there is someone out there, who has some input, eventhough my descriptions are very vague.

Rahyar Taghipoor

Sep 24, 2014
Hey guys.
I made an account so that amybe you guys could help me.
There has beem an old game that i can not stop thinking about.
It was a sidescroller platformer based on fairytales like Alice in the wonderland and other fairytales.
Each level was based on a popular fairytale.
You played as a young girl.

Zen.Gamer

Sep 24, 2014
Rahyar Taghipoor said:
Hey guys.
I made an account so that amybe you guys could help me.
There has beem an old game that i can not stop thinking about.
It was a sidescroller platformer based on fairytales like Alice in the wonderland and other fairytales.
Each level was based on a popular fairytale.
You played as a young girl.
It could be Mixed-Up Mother Goose, though you can pick your character so you can play as both boys and girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHfyssQkrbM&feature=player_detailpage#t=97

Edit: sorry, missed the platformer part, I'll keep looking.

Edit 2: I found something called Fushigi no Yume no Alice,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54MNXGVEs50

spanish2

Mar 28, 2013
spanish2 said:
I'm trying to remember this game for Xbox its where u play as a team two men one woman it kinda futuristic in one part of the game you end up going to space its a game similar to N.O.V.A. u have to disable some switches or something then u go ride a chute. one of the men have a big gun stuck to his arm , the girl is a sniper. the other fellow i think has a grenade launcher. it has aliens in it. there are lava pits as well. U start off in the desert behind a turn or something. I'm seeing the game in my head.
Just Found It....... Its called Brute Force.

Quietus

Sep 5, 2014
Quietus said:
Okay, so It's been so freaking long I can't hardly remember anything about this game.
From what I remember, it was on the PC. It was a side scrolling game sort of like Prince of Persia, set in middle ages. I remember that the main character goes to the sewers of the city, where he encounters puddles of slim on the ground, they's extend a tentacle of slime and attack the player (I believe he's armed with a dagger), and if you tried to jump over them, they'd extend to the roof, engulfing you, stay there for a moment, then sink back to the ground revealing a pile of your bones. Additionally, there were crushing ceiling traps, pitfalls, and other things... I think that the character's health is indicated with clovers? Also, a line at the end of the game sticks out in my head, where the villain says "Prepare to Die" and your character, snarky as he is says "Oh, prepare to die yourself."

These are the only details about this game I can remember.

*EDIT* I have been googling the hell out of this for three months. You guys are my last hope.
Dying. Halp!

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
diablo rules said:
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
I search in many sites but i cant find it out. Hope you guys can do it.
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- It's a turn-based game.
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
- You can move your players, just throw a ball to kill.
That what i remember...
Can anyone..? :(
Crush! Deluxe (1997)

http://www.gamespot.com/crush-deluxe/images/
Thanks for your reply, but it isn't the game I played... :( I remember I saw bigger characters on screen.

Zen.Gamer

Sep 24, 2014
Quietus said:
Quietus said:
Okay, so It's been so freaking long I can't hardly remember anything about this game.
From what I remember, it was on the PC. It was a side scrolling game sort of like Prince of Persia, set in middle ages. I remember that the main character goes to the sewers of the city, where he encounters puddles of slim on the ground, they's extend a tentacle of slime and attack the player (I believe he's armed with a dagger), and if you tried to jump over them, they'd extend to the roof, engulfing you, stay there for a moment, then sink back to the ground revealing a pile of your bones. Additionally, there were crushing ceiling traps, pitfalls, and other things... I think that the character's health is indicated with clovers? Also, a line at the end of the game sticks out in my head, where the villain says "Prepare to Die" and your character, snarky as he is says "Oh, prepare to die yourself."

These are the only details about this game I can remember.

*EDIT* I have been googling the hell out of this for three months. You guys are my last hope.
Dying. Halp!
The only thing I can think of is Dragon's Lair. I've never played it, but it fits some of your description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc9Hjdd6q1o

Mohamed ALaa

Sep 25, 2014
Hello Guys,

The game i search for is a Race game i played it around 2007. the cars in some places of the track can run on walls and roofs. there are some things in the track that when you take them you can use their effects. you can store a max of 2 effects. and as i remember u can use them on keyboard by (1 and 2) buttons. the cars were like they can walk on both sides i mean if the car drop down form the roof it will continue running because it can run on the other side of itself.

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
Mohamed ALaa said:
Hello Guys,

The game i search for is a Race game i played it around 2007. the cars in some places of the track can run on walls and roofs. there are some things in the track that when you take them you can use their effects. you can store a max of 2 effects. and as i remember u can use them on keyboard by (1 and 2) buttons. the cars were like they can walk on both sides i mean if the car drop down form the roof it will continue running because it can run on the other side of itself.
Possibly Rollcage [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollcage_%28video_game%29] or its sequel?

HologramAlison

Sep 25, 2014
Hey there! I would really love some help figuring out what the name of this computer game is. Here are the details: It is an educational pc game for children that was used to introduce and teach kids how to use a computer mouse. I played it sometime between 1996-1998. The premise of the game is, a scuba diver dives into the water. Once underwater, the screen is black. The child is prompted to move around the flash light (mouse), to find certain objects that are hidden in the dark, like a fish or shell. When the child finds the correct item, some information is given about it and a bunch of bubbles and sound of someone breathing from an air tank cues the transition to the next item. The last item that has to be found is a bunch of sparkly treasure and then the game is over. Any help will be much appreciated!

HologramAlison

Sep 25, 2014
Hey there! I would really love some help figuring out what the name of this computer game is. Here are the details: It is an educational pc game for children that was used to introduce and teach kids how to use a computer mouse. I played it sometime between 1996-1998. The premise of the game is, a scuba diver dives into the water. Once underwater, the screen is black. The child is prompted to move around the flash light (mouse), to find certain objects that are hidden in the dark, like a fish or shell. When the child finds the correct item, some information is given about it and a bunch of bubbles and sound of someone breathing from an air tank cues the transition to the next item. The last item that has to be found is a bunch of sparkly treasure and then the game is over. Any help will be much appreciated!

karsa-mistmere

Sep 17, 2014
jibclimmer said:
5. A Diablo clone but with a slightly more cartoony or silly aesthetic. You started out as a farm boy or something. The game was pretty silly. I just remember that killing an armored guard got me almost instantly killed and that they used different color-skinned beasts to indicate stronger ones. I feel like it had a one word title. It was for PC- windows 95 era.I don't think it was an a-list title. It was fun though. I think they touted that it was easily user-moddable. Design your own playable modules kind of thing.
Could this possibly be Fate? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTLv8sbG4c