Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

negrostmthws

Jan 13, 2015
HEllo to all of you! :D
I'm looking for a game from 97-99 more or less. It came as a demo with a copy of Quake II i bought.

Story: You are a young kid who's turned into a red bouncy ball that had a face on it, and you had to travel through the scientist's lab in order to become a kid again. I was a side scroller like Sonic or Mario and you had to think A LOT in order to get through the obstacles.
Sometimes there was a brick wall so you had to turn into a black heavy ball in order to brake it, and then get back to the red ball to float in water to continue, or turn into a white little cloud to go up if that was the way out, and continue exploring. The red ball could explode with fire or nails. If you were in the "cloud state" and had no roof you loose cuz you never stop going up. The black heavy didn't float so it drowned in water.

There were some industrial gears, golden I think, but I don't remember what did they do. In every level there was a chest with coins too if i remember well.

I can't remember anything else :/ . Thanks a lot!!!

AdventSpirit

Jan 15, 2015
Hope someone can help me find a pc game I've been looking for. I think the game came out between 1995-2000 Here are the descriptions I can remember.

- The intro was of a kid wearing a hat and overalls (blue and red I think), and he was awaken by a shooting star and he looks at it. That's all I can remember.

- The objective as I remember is to dig a hole and trap a monster and quickly go back and bury it before it has the chance to escape. Also you have to sort of time the dig as the hole can eventually close if left too long.

- After burying the monster there are rewards such as boosts and coins if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I can remember, hope someone can give me a name for the game. Thanks in advanced :)

P.S. It's not mario/super mario, lode runner 1 or 2, dig-dug or heiankyo alien.

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
negrostmthws said:
I'm looking for a game from 97-99 more or less. It came as a demo with a copy of Quake II i bought.

Story: You are a young kid who's turned into a red bouncy ball that had a face on it, and you had to travel through the scientist's lab in order to become a kid again. I was a side scroller like Sonic or Mario and you had to think A LOT in order to get through the obstacles.
Sometimes there was a brick wall so you had to turn into a black heavy ball in order to brake it, and then get back to the red ball to float in water to continue, or turn into a white little cloud to go up if that was the way out, and continue exploring. The red ball could explode with fire or nails. If you were in the "cloud state" and had no roof you loose cuz you never stop going up. The black heavy didn't float so it drowned in water.

There were some industrial gears, golden I think, but I don't remember what did they do. In every level there was a chest with coins too if i remember well.

I think I had the demo of this game for my Amiga. It was called Morph.

tmini76

Jan 15, 2015
Ok there was this old pc game I played as a kid on a win98 machine. It had the same concept as galaga except it was 3d. The camera was positioned behind your ship and everything is coming forward at you. I think there was rocks to dodge and rings to fly through sometimes. You had basic enemies every round to kill. After maybe like 10 rounds you face against a boss. It went to like round 100 and the boss at the end was like all of the previous bosses combined.

Craig Betts

Jan 15, 2015
Hey guys, not sure what good this very brief memory of this game will do as a lead but I'll give it a go as I remember it being pretty fun and would love to play it again. :)

It was for the Sega Megadrive / Genesis , a side-scrolling fighter / beat em' up game. The only memory I have of a level is one where you are on an aircraft and their were doors / windows that would open and you could get sucked out off. Lol! If that springs up a memory of a title them please share, I'll be very grateful!

Earlier I remembered 'Global Gladiators'. Now that it's ordered I can't wait to play it again!

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
mangix27 said:
I am looking for a strategy game which I used to play. Probably the year was 1999 or 2000. I think i played it using win98.
The game consisted of two factions, Aliens and Humans. The Human side had two units..... Human soldiers wearing suits/gears and Robots. The alien side had...... Aliens with guns and creatures with two claws just like in star troopers.

At the human base the human soldiers would come out from a house which was round just like a silo (as far as i can remember). The human soldiers were also transported by Airship and same goes for the Alien faction.

The whole game probably takes place in a planet which is not Earth.

Please someone give me the name of this game. I have searched years for this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.!!!!
Sound like: Dark Colony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_l6BBXRrM&index=17&list=PLAB92B3F47EAABEE6

negrostmthws

Jan 13, 2015
Kallie said:
negrostmthws said:

I think I had the demo of this game for my Amiga. It was called Morph.

OMG You nailed it!! I have to get a tatoo with it's name because I found it 2 years ago and forgot it again after formating my PC. Thanks a loooot!!!!!!

mangix27

Jan 14, 2015
thedkm said:
mangix27 said:
I am looking for a strategy game which I used to play. Probably the year was 1999 or 2000. I think i played it using win98.
The game consisted of two factions, Aliens and Humans. The Human side had two units..... Human soldiers wearing suits/gears and Robots. The alien side had...... Aliens with guns and creatures with two claws just like in star troopers.

At the human base the human soldiers would come out from a house which was round just like a silo (as far as i can remember). The human soldiers were also transported by Airship and same goes for the Alien faction.

The whole game probably takes place in a planet which is not Earth.

Please someone give me the name of this game. I have searched years for this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.!!!!
Sound like: Dark Colony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_l6BBXRrM&index=17&list=PLAB92B3F47EAABEE6

Thank You very much. Yes!! That's the One!

NovalisZero

Jan 15, 2015
A top down RPG-shooter hybrid, where you can choose between playing a human, alien and robot. Your goal is to survive on a foreign planet, so you have to gather resources and weapons in order to fend off enemy creatures. The human must gather food to survive, the robot batteries and the alien must gather pebbles if I remember correctly and it can even reproduce later on. The game came out in the past decade on PC and it's a freebie I think.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
nikche said:
Pixelhunter said:
nikche said:
raggeragnar said:
nikche said:
nikche said:
I haven't been able to find this game anywhere on the internet so I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about. I remember it very vaguely but I'll try to supply as much info as I can.

It was a strategy game, very pixelated, set in modern times (I think since you had cars (were those even cars?)). If I remember correctly you had infantry units which could come in singles pairs or threes (not that sure). Also, you were looking from a bird's perspective.

I adored that game, played it from a floppy disk which is now nowhere to be found.
Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
One last bump.
Could it be "Syndicate" or the sucessor "Syndicate wars" ?
No, it was more of an Age of empires/Command and conquer style strategy. But I guess it was older. It frustrates me that I can't remember any more details.
Thanks for trying though.
Maybe "Dune II" then? That game was too big to fit on a floppy, though. Sure it was RTS and not TBS?
It wasn't Dune though it is possible it was on multiple floppy disks like some of the other games. I'm not entirely sure about the RTS/TBS. It might have been turn based.
Hmm, do you remember the battlefield? Could you move around freely, or was it hexagons, like in eg. "Battle Isle"?

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
DXMax said:
My last game I am looking for. I posted this separate as this will take longer to explain. It is not shadow man, Hexen or Quake games, Castle Wolfenstein and as I mentioned below, its not any of the Doom series.

For quite a long time I have been looking for a PC game I played as a demo years ago. It was first person and trying to remember the graphics, I'd guess it was cross between the original Half life and Minecraft but I am not 100% sure as its been so long since I played it. It is not any of the Doom games, Vampire the Masquerade, Resident Evil or Blood games. At first I thought the name of it was "Undead" or "Undying" but only games I can find with that name are "Clive Barker's Undying" and that isn't it.

This may have been a DOS game or a DOS like game but again unsure.

I remember you start underground, possibly in a cave or cavern and I remember lava in places and cages and doors with jail cell bars on them. I remember square health packs with a red + on them also.

I remember you had a small grey knife (thin) that was on your right hand and swung from right to left and was slow to swing. I also remember you could get a pistol gun somewhere in the game which I think fired 6 or 8 shots before you could reload.

One area in the demo I remember was not far from where you started. You had to jump onto this square platform which was surrounded by lava and do something to stop it sinking into the lava and killing you so you could pass the area. Then I remember there was an opening in the cavern with two cliff walls on either side, It was at night and in this area, zombies with chainsaws and they walked slowly towards you as you tried to escape. After you left this area, you ended up in sewers which you had to leave. The doors were wooden and had a square cut out of them, like this I think:http://gulienallard.free.fr/dd/polycount/DoorUpdate_retake01.jpg but with bars on the square bit. There was leavers you had to find to open some doors. In this area there was some bats that attacked you.

After you exited sewers, there was a big boss (can't remember what it looked like) but you had to defeat it before the end of the area. This was also at night and after you did defeat it, there was a mansion you had to go into next, but that was the end of the demo.

Other things I remember:

There was furry brown small worm like creatures that only had teeth on their face and jumped up at you to attack you.

When you got attacked there was a low male "ooh" groan type sound and I think the screen turned red while you were getting hit, either that or there was blood splattered down screen.

The zombies I think had a hockey mask and blue breeches but again, only somewhat sure. I also think the chainsaw sound only played once when they were coming at you with their chainsaw. You couldn't pickup or use a chainsaw yourself. All I remember having is the grey knife and a grey looking pistol.

This game demo came on some type of PC Gaming magazine but I forget which. I think it either came out in late 90's (1997 onwards) or early 2000s.

Also I think you could only walk in the game, I don't remember running. I don't think it was a first person shooter either.
Maybe Duke Nukem 3D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt7Sd9W9B6I

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
Roman78 said:
DXMax said:
My last game I am looking for. I posted this separate as this will take longer to explain. It is not shadow man, Hexen or Quake games, Castle Wolfenstein and as I mentioned below, its not any of the Doom series.

For quite a long time I have been looking for a PC game I played as a demo years ago. It was first person and trying to remember the graphics, I'd guess it was cross between the original Half life and Minecraft but I am not 100% sure as its been so long since I played it. It is not any of the Doom games, Vampire the Masquerade, Resident Evil or Blood games. At first I thought the name of it was "Undead" or "Undying" but only games I can find with that name are "Clive Barker's Undying" and that isn't it.

This may have been a DOS game or a DOS like game but again unsure.

I remember you start underground, possibly in a cave or cavern and I remember lava in places and cages and doors with jail cell bars on them. I remember square health packs with a red + on them also.

I remember you had a small grey knife (thin) that was on your right hand and swung from right to left and was slow to swing. I also remember you could get a pistol gun somewhere in the game which I think fired 6 or 8 shots before you could reload.

One area in the demo I remember was not far from where you started. You had to jump onto this square platform which was surrounded by lava and do something to stop it sinking into the lava and killing you so you could pass the area. Then I remember there was an opening in the cavern with two cliff walls on either side, It was at night and in this area, zombies with chainsaws and they walked slowly towards you as you tried to escape. After you left this area, you ended up in sewers which you had to leave. The doors were wooden and had a square cut out of them, like this I think:http://gulienallard.free.fr/dd/polycount/DoorUpdate_retake01.jpg but with bars on the square bit. There was leavers you had to find to open some doors. In this area there was some bats that attacked you.

After you exited sewers, there was a big boss (can't remember what it looked like) but you had to defeat it before the end of the area. This was also at night and after you did defeat it, there was a mansion you had to go into next, but that was the end of the demo.

Other things I remember:

There was furry brown small worm like creatures that only had teeth on their face and jumped up at you to attack you.

When you got attacked there was a low male "ooh" groan type sound and I think the screen turned red while you were getting hit, either that or there was blood splattered down screen.

The zombies I think had a hockey mask and blue breeches but again, only somewhat sure. I also think the chainsaw sound only played once when they were coming at you with their chainsaw. You couldn't pickup or use a chainsaw yourself. All I remember having is the grey knife and a grey looking pistol.

This game demo came on some type of PC Gaming magazine but I forget which. I think it either came out in late 90's (1997 onwards) or early 2000s.

Also I think you could only walk in the game, I don't remember running. I don't think it was a first person shooter either.
Defiantly not any Duke Nukem game as I have seen and played most of them. I think the graphics were a little better and a bit different than Duke Nukem 3D and you couldn't move around as fast as you can in Duke Nukem 3D and there wasn't as many pickups around and I don't remember any voice overs in the game. Thanks for the reply though.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
DXMax said:
Roman78 said:
DXMax said:
Defiantly not any Duke Nukem game as I have seen and played most of them. I think the graphics were a little better and a bit different than Duke Nukem 3D and you couldn't move around as fast as you can in Duke Nukem 3D. Thanks for the reply though.
You said something about zombies, maybe take a look in the List of Zombie video games list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

nikche

Jan 8, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
nikche said:
Pixelhunter said:
nikche said:
raggeragnar said:
nikche said:
nikche said:
I haven't been able to find this game anywhere on the internet so I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about. I remember it very vaguely but I'll try to supply as much info as I can.

It was a strategy game, very pixelated, set in modern times (I think since you had cars (were those even cars?)). If I remember correctly you had infantry units which could come in singles pairs or threes (not that sure). Also, you were looking from a bird's perspective.

I adored that game, played it from a floppy disk which is now nowhere to be found.
One last bump.
No, it was more of an Age of empires/Command and conquer style strategy. But I guess it was older. It frustrates me that I can't remember any more details.

Maybe "Dune II" then? That game was too big to fit on a floppy, though. Sure it was RTS and not TBS?
It wasn't Dune though it is possible it was on multiple floppy disks like some of the other games. I'm not entirely sure about the RTS/TBS. It might have been turn based.
Hmm, do you remember the battlefield? Could you move around freely, or was it hexagons, like in eg. "Battle Isle"?
It was free, but as the game was old the map probably consisted of an invisible grid.

Charlotte Yeager

Dec 30, 2011
I'm trying to search for this game but I can't find it.

Its basically a fighting game, your camera angle when you play is at the top, so you can see the map. You can also have 4 players playing and fighting each other. Oh and it was released for the PS1, I don't really know if it was released for other platforms.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
nikche said:
Pixelhunter said:
nikche said:
Pixelhunter said:
nikche said:
raggeragnar said:
nikche said:
nikche said:

One last bump.

It was free, but as the game was old the map probably consisted of an invisible grid.
Have you already checked the list of strategy titles o HOTU?

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/genre.php?id=10&sg=0&sort=year

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
You said something about zombies, maybe take a look in the List of Zombie video games list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games
Roman78 said:
DXMax said:
Roman78 said:
DXMax said:
Defiantly not any Duke Nukem game as I have seen and played most of them. I think the graphics were a little better and a bit different than Duke Nukem 3D and you couldn't move around as fast as you can in Duke Nukem 3D. Thanks for the reply though.
I checked the link, I couldn't see it on there, the zombie like people I remember in the game, may not have actually been zombies, just looked like they were undead type monsters.

There is another game I am looking for that I remembered. I was told what the game was before, but I have forgotten its name. I got it on a "Games the best 100" (or a name like that) shareware CD and on the disk contained Shareware games like Demonstar, Treasure Island, Rats! and others.

This game was on the PC and I think I got it either in mid to late 90s or early 2000s. The gameplay and looks are a similar in style to Diablo. In this game I remember you play as a party of several people and I think could control any of the people at any time, at least one was a woman I think.

I remember finding bread that you could eat and I think there were goblins (or similar creatures) in the game that you could kill. I think the game had a ancient Celtic/medieval kind of feel but I don't remember much more than this.

Big_Whale

Jan 15, 2015
I remember a game from the PS1 that me and my brother used to play all the time... It was a 3d God perspective where you looked down at the player, and It had a sort of Gauntlety feel if you understand. I remember the first boss being a witch that we could never get past. It was single player and you had the choice of different class types... I know that's kindof little to go on, but does anyone know what it is?

piotruk22

Jan 15, 2015
I really tried to find this game for days. I played this game around 2000-2005 as a kid and I'm burning to find its name. It was a 2D side scroller in which you played as a wizard in blue/purple robes, but I think you could unlock/start as a sword wielding warrior. You collected some sort of gems/coins throughout different levels and shoot different enemies with blue magic bolts, and as far as I can remember, hobbit looking shops could be found throughout the game where you could upgrade/buy new spells. Other stuff I can remember through my misty memories is that in the starting area you fought bee-like creatures. I think the way to travel through levels was through the hobbit looking shops or a caves which requied keys to go through.

I got the game in a magazine as a demo if that helps...probably not. Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my native language.

justiciero

Jan 16, 2015
Hi there,

I'm looking for a PSX game, in which the first mision has something to do with a car bomb. It's not GTA, and it's not Driver, and it's not Die Hard Trilogy. (I remember something in the tittle like cops, or pólice, but I'm not sure...)

If I remember well, you're the police and have to arrive to the place where the car bomb is parked, before it explodes.

The graphics look similar to Fighting Force 2.

Anyone can remember? I rented it and it was very fun, not an spectacular game, but very fun.