Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jonathan Mafi

Jan 12, 2015
Been looking for this pc strategy game for AAAGES. Its probably late 90s to year 2000.

The idea is earth is dying or something, humans leave and they find a new planet rich with resources. But other alien races have also found it. Everyone is wanting the new planet. It starts off more economical (build your base etc) then you start coming across the aliens who are doing the same.
It was quite strategic interns of building. You had to build the oil drilling place to get the oil then you had to build the oil refinery and trucks travel back and forth between them. Do similar with other resources (wood etc). When the buildings built they built in stages and kinda like being scanned scanned. First the scaffolding then a bit more and finally the outer layer.
At some point you discover a new element on this planet which isn't on earth's i think it started with 'Q' or 'P'? And sounded a bit like Uranium. This new resource helps you develop super new tech which helps fight the other races.

I REALLY WANT TO find this game but i cant remember the name damn it!! Anyone know?

Jonathan Mafi

Jan 12, 2015
Jonathan Mafi said:
Been looking for this pc strategy game for AAAGES. Its probably late 90s to year 2000.

The idea is earth is dying or something, humans leave and they find a new planet rich with resources. But other alien races have also found it. Everyone is wanting the new planet. It starts off more economical (build your base etc) then you start coming across the aliens who are doing the same.
It was quite strategic interns of building. You had to build the oil drilling place to get the oil then you had to build the oil refinery and trucks travel back and forth between them. Do similar with other resources (wood etc). When the buildings built they built in stages and kinda like being scanned scanned. First the scaffolding then a bit more and finally the outer layer.
At some point you discover a new element on this planet which isn't on earth's i think it started with 'Q' or 'P'? And sounded a bit like Uranium. This new resource helps you develop super new tech which helps fight the other races.

I REALLY WANT TO find this game but i cant remember the name damn it!! Anyone know?
NEVERMIND i FOUND IT!

It was called "Enemy Nations" by Windward Studios.

Guilsls

Jan 10, 2015
wamphyri6 said:
Guilsls said:
Hi guys! I'll try to explain the situation, although my english isn't very good. There was this win95 game I played a decade ago - but sure it was older than that - where you played with a dinosaur/alligator/crocodile/whatever it is this green thing, and you had to stack boxes to reach the door/next level. The graphics were all quite simple. If someone knows what it is, it'll be very helpful. Thansk!
Not sure about the box stacking. But it sounds like Croc.
Croc has 3d graphics, this game is in the old prince of persia graphic level. :|

[email protected]

Jan 12, 2015
There is an old game from the 80's (I think from the NES). I don't remember much. I think it was a side scrolling game, but you could move vertical as well. You had a white car (I think it was a car) that you would travel in, but could get out of it as well and walk around.

Rimnek

Jan 12, 2015
Hi All,

I anticipate making much use of this forum.

I played this game briefly when I was about 12 or so (somewhere between 1999 and 2001. I believe it was a flash game online. It might have been the second game in a series by the creator.
You played as an alien ship, with 360 degree movement controlled by the arrow keys and the space-bar which generated the thrust. There were multiple levels, and you had to eliminate all enemy ships to clear a level. The enemy were the Terrans I believe. During some levels you would be joined by allied ships that were controlled by the game. They would help you, but could be destroyed by the enemy. There were different classes of ships, like carriers with tiny fighters and large cruisers. You could get temporary power ups for your ship. I'm pretty sure you start of near your homeworld, and as the game progresses you end up near earth or destroying earth or something like that. I hope this rings a bell with someone, its driving me nuts that I can't remember the name.

raggeragnar

Jan 11, 2015
mahy1995 said:
I'm searching gor an old 2d platform game, where you take the role of a small blue teardrop shaped character sent by some prophesor to save the world you live in, you battle frogs, rams, robots... Thete are someking of swamp level, a winter level, lab level... Can you please help, I'm dying to fibd that game. I think it starts with a q but I'm not shure.
Sounds like "silly Putty"

wargrave

Jan 13, 2015
Hey guys! I remember playing a fighting game in PSX that the main character wears a blue beret and a white vest. There were some CG in anime style but the game was 3d Polygon. It was a Japanese version and I don't know if it was released in US or EU. I really can't remember the name. Thanks for your time!

chickensftw

Jul 26, 2014
This is annoying me, I can't remember the game
Anyway, its an rpg turn based game on the ps1 ps2 im pretty sure, you start off with a group of people, one of them is a princess or something and one is a princess guard, you are sent to an island or something I'm not too sure . I remember you go back to a castle and its under attack and you gotta flee through a secret passage and you make it to another area, at this area if you select certain things to an npc you can end the game there,. The game has ending points throughout if you pick certain options, and in the turn based combat you can combine attacks, this is sort of a last ditch effort because this game is bugging me so bad, hope you guys know what it is

Modomadness

Oct 5, 2013
wargrave said:
Hey guys! I remember playing a fighting game in PSX that the main character wears a blue beret and a white vest. There were some CG in anime style but the game was 3d Polygon. It was a Japanese version and I don't know if it was released in US or EU. I really can't remember the name. Thanks for your time!
Maybe Dead Or Alive?

http://youtu.be/L-FUBmMPzdE?t=4m6s

Chelsea Donnelly

Jan 13, 2015
I'm sorry if this game has been answered already, I tried to read as many pages as I could first.

The game I am looking for I played in middle school, has to be from before 2001 probably even earlier. Its a trade game, and it taught the top 3 exports from different states in the united states.

Please help me. not knowing what its called and trying to explain it to other people has been driving me crazy. everyone else says they played Oregon trail, but thats not the game i am talking about.

alxdesign

Dec 11, 2014
thedkm said:
alxdesign said:
alxdesign said:
Hello everybody! I am looking for a game that I don`t really know if is it famous or not... I tried to find it in all the ways I could possibly try. Anyway, here it goes:

I used to play this game in the early 90s in my PC. It is an arcade in which the main character runs right and left only. This main character was a man with mustache holding a machine gun and the starts in a destroyed city where cars are in flames, people are dead and there are lots of creatures to kill. One of the creature I remember pretty well was a pinky one that crawls slowly and try to bite you. In tghe first level you enter in a corporative building filled with creatures and dead bodies. The second level (I am not so sure) everything hapens in a jungle and you can clib all the trees there.

That`s all I remember about it. Hope someone knows!

Thanks
Still looking for it

The game is: "Bio Menace" on PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnR5zxbNgIk

That's it! Thank you mate!

wargrave

Jan 13, 2015
Modomadness said:
wargrave said:
Maybe Dead Or Alive?

http://youtu.be/L-FUBmMPzdE?t=4m6s
No, but it is the same style of game. Thanks!

nikche

Jan 8, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
nikche said:
raggeragnar said:
nikche said:
nikche said:
I haven't been able to find this game anywhere on the internet so I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about. I remember it very vaguely but I'll try to supply as much info as I can.

It was a strategy game, very pixelated, set in modern times (I think since you had cars (were those even cars?)). If I remember correctly you had infantry units which could come in singles pairs or threes (not that sure). Also, you were looking from a bird's perspective.

I adored that game, played it from a floppy disk which is now nowhere to be found.
Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
One last bump.
Could it be "Syndicate" or the sucessor "Syndicate wars" ?
No, it was more of an Age of empires/Command and conquer style strategy. But I guess it was older. It frustrates me that I can't remember any more details.
Thanks for trying though.
Maybe "Dune II" then? That game was too big to fit on a floppy, though. Sure it was RTS and not TBS?
It wasn't Dune though it is possible it was on multiple floppy disks like some of the other games. I'm not entirely sure about the RTS/TBS. It might have been turn based.

Deanford Compton

Jan 14, 2015
I can not remember what platform the game was on as it was so long ago I played it but all I can remember in the game is that in the certain part of the game you are in a tunnel (maybe a sewer tunnel) and you climb up the ladder to see a blood trail which you look to the side of you and there is a "monster" eating a human, you also could pick up coins whilst playing.

Kristie Williams

Jan 14, 2015
Okay here's the game I need help with it was for the Nintendo 64 I know was Castlevania something or another but in the game you could choose to play as a boy or girl I just can't remember the name can someone help me please

Alan O'reilly

Mar 16, 2011
I need help finding a game, it was a game that me and my dad played so much on the ps1. Recently I wanted to surprise him because we're trying to get him to play video games. It was a over head shooter in spaceships and that differed this from other games was that at the end of stage boss the camera would go into a third person view, as far as I can remember. This game was released on the ps1.

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
There are four games I played in the mid-late 90s or between 1995-2002 around then. They are all on the PC and I played them all as demos and wondered what they were so I could see if there were full versions of the games I could play as I liked them. I have searched on many sites and asked people, but no one seems to know any of the games, so they may be a little obscure, never left demo stage or something else.

1) The first game was a 2D click and point adventure game. It came out in the mid or late 90s I think or a little later. The graphics looked colorful and you started of in a house during the day and there was a man who was the main character. If I remember correctly he was wearing 1600-1700s type clothes, white stockings and buckle shoes and he may have had long blonde hair. You could click on certain things in the room and the man would say something about the place you clicked. I remember if you clicked under the bed, he would say something about dust bunnies or "fluffadusties" and how the dusties under the bed were different than belly button fluff or I think, "fluffadusties navelus"

Anyway, I remember having to go outside into the garden to find something, then the demo ends here, as I think you had to go into the local village which was in the full game. I don't quite remember the PC magazine I got the demo disk from, but it may have been "PC Gamer" and I know there was 2-3 pages in the magazine about the game.

2) This game I also played as a demo, maybe also from a PC Gamer magazine in the mid to late 90s. I don't remember a whole lot about this game. You start on a snowy hill/mountainous landscape and you control a vehicle of some sort, it was black or grey and armoured I think. Dotted in areas around the landscape were big quartz crystals. There was also these round gates, like Stargates in the Stargate TV series, and I remember having to jump though them with the vehicle. These "gates" were either checkpoints or could teleport you from one area to another area with a gate.

This game isn't a racing game as I remember a mission where you had to drive around and find some scientists to pick up. I don't remember much else other than failing to complete this mission for some reason.

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
My last game I am looking for. I posted this separate as this will take longer to explain. It is not shadow man, Hexen or Quake games, Castle Wolfenstein and as I mentioned below, its not any of the Doom series.

For quite a long time I have been looking for a PC game I played as a demo years ago. It was first person and trying to remember the graphics, I'd guess it was cross between the original Half life and Minecraft but I am not 100% sure as its been so long since I played it. It is not any of the Doom games, Vampire the Masquerade, Resident Evil or Blood games. At first I thought the name of it was "Undead" or "Undying" but only games I can find with that name are "Clive Barker's Undying" and that isn't it.

This may have been a DOS game or a DOS like game but again unsure.

I remember you start underground, possibly in a cave or cavern and I remember lava in places and cages and doors with jail cell bars on them. I remember square health packs with a red + on them also.

I remember you had a small grey knife (thin) that was on your right hand and swung from right to left and was slow to swing. I also remember you could get a pistol gun somewhere in the game which I think fired 6 or 8 shots before you could reload.

One area in the demo I remember was not far from where you started. You had to jump onto this square platform which was surrounded by lava and do something to stop it sinking into the lava and killing you so you could pass the area. Then I remember there was an opening in the cavern with two cliff walls on either side, It was at night and in this area, zombies with chainsaws and they walked slowly towards you as you tried to escape. After you left this area, you ended up in sewers which you had to leave. The doors were wooden and had a square cut out of them, like this I think:http://gulienallard.free.fr/dd/polycount/DoorUpdate_retake01.jpg but with bars on the square bit. There was leavers you had to find to open some doors. In this area there was some bats that attacked you.

After you exited sewers, there was a big boss (can't remember what it looked like) but you had to defeat it before the end of the area. This was also at night and after you did defeat it, there was a mansion you had to go into next, but that was the end of the demo.

Other things I remember:

There was furry brown small worm like creatures that only had teeth on their face and jumped up at you to attack you.

When you got attacked there was a low male "ooh" groan type sound and I think the screen turned red while you were getting hit, either that or there was blood splattered down screen.

The zombies I think had a hockey mask and blue breeches but again, only somewhat sure. I also think the chainsaw sound only played once when they were coming at you with their chainsaw. You couldn't pickup or use a chainsaw yourself. All I remember having is the grey knife and a grey looking pistol.

This game demo came on some type of PC Gaming magazine but I forget which. I think it either came out in late 90's (1997 onwards) or early 2000s.

Also I think you could only walk in the game, I don't remember running. I don't think it was a first person shooter either.

mangix27

Jan 14, 2015
I am looking for a strategy game which I used to play. Probably the year was 1999 or 2000. I think i played it using win98.
The game consisted of two factions, Aliens and Humans. The Human side had two units..... Human soldiers wearing suits/gears and Robots. The alien side had...... Aliens with guns and creatures with two claws just like in star troopers.

At the human base the human soldiers would come out from a house which was round just like a silo (as far as i can remember). The human soldiers were also transported by Airship and same goes for the Alien faction.

The whole game probably takes place in a planet which is not Earth.

Please someone give me the name of this game. I have searched years for this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.!!!!