Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
There is another game I am trying to find out what it is, I didn't post it already because I don't remember much about it and from what I do remember, it may be too vague to identify it.

I remember I got it on a shareware CD called something like "Games the Best 100" or similar. I don't remember much of the game. First I remember I played the game, sometime between the mid 90s and around 2003 but not sure exactly when. It was on the PC.

The start of the game had text that read something like "Cinnamon Entertainment" or "Cinnamon Games" and I think there was a pink frosting doughnut clip art image somewhere, maybe above the text or it came before or after it, and then there was a bunch of random video clips (old black and white clips I think) but I don't remember what the clips were.

The only part of the game I remember is a side scrolling part, but it didn't scroll, all you had to do is get from the left of the screen to the right. I think some jungle like music played and there was 3 or 4 heads spaced out along the bottom of the screen which were bouncing up and down and they looked like tiki heads and you had to run underneath them and avoid them squashing you to get to the other side of the screen. There may have been one screen per level.

Bunyip

Jan 18, 2015
The game was a point and click on PC. It was set with a young boy who went to bed and woke up in an alien encampment that looks like a prison with red doors. You had to figure out how to get home and you met an alien doctor with an ant head and there was a burger joint. But thats all i can remember

Snickerbones

Jan 18, 2015
Serioli said:
Mid 90's a RTS game with four alien races:
Intelligent but weak guys that looked a bit like skeksi's from 'Dark crystal', some guys that looked like gorillas or hippopotami that used to be their soldiers, some sapient plants that used to be their slaves and some brown skinned guys that were like the 'peaceful monks' of the world and had a build similar to 'Grays/stereotype aliens'
Haha, here's a 5 year late reply, but i know what you're talking about: Warbreeds for the PC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATjT7YwGixQ

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
DXMax said:
There is another game I am trying to find out what it is, I didn't post it already because I don't remember much about it and from what I do remember, it may be too vague to identify it.

I remember I got it on a shareware CD called something like "Games the Best 100" or similar. I don't remember much of the game. First I remember I played the game, sometime between the mid 90s and around 2003 but not sure exactly when. It was on the PC.

The start of the game had text that read something like "Cinnamon Entertainment" or "Cinnamon Games" and I think there was a pink frosting doughnut clip art image somewhere, maybe above the text or it came before or after it, and then there was a bunch of random video clips (old black and white clips I think) but I don't remember what the clips were.

The only part of the game I remember is a side scrolling part, but it didn't scroll, all you had to do is get from the left of the screen to the right. I think some jungle like music played and there was 3 or 4 heads spaced out along the bottom of the screen which were bouncing up and down and they looked like tiki heads and you had to run underneath them and avoid them squashing you to get to the other side of the screen. There may have been one screen per level.

Nonsense Madness Trilogy (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__0PykgmJyg

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Bunyip said:
The game was a point and click on PC. It was set with a young boy who went to bed and woke up in an alien encampment that looks like a prison with red doors. You had to figure out how to get home and you met an alien doctor with an ant head and there was a burger joint. But thats all i can remember
Out Of Order (2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olvH8v702Yw

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
tac7ical37 said:
I will be so thankful if someone tell me what is the game.. I remember that it was scary game and the hero you play is a browb-hair kid vs some animals/plants/creatures. The main menu screen was the kid and behind him all that creatures (wolves,plants as i said) in some dark castle and on the background it had thinderstorm sounds and wolves sounds and when u stArt the game it was looking like bomberman same gameplay you walk around with the hero(kid) and u kill that creatures with some gas
Monster Hunter (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ELGk3z5Hzs

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
faeruszorander said:
Okay, so im not really expecting anyone to actually have ever played this game before, but you never know : its a space exploration game, where u get a ship, that can be upgraded, im pretty sure u could have multiple different crew members, there was a normal flight mode where u could cruise around and checkout planets, and a warp-type mode, where the screen would change look and your ship would move super quick through what looked like an alternate dimension etc. i distinctly remember the game started out in the solar system as we know it, at earth, and i remember visiting pluto first, and sending down a probe ship thingy to scan it for minerals, and then coming across some crazy alien dude, who wanted to chat with me. I know it isn't much to go on, and ive already managed to checkout starflight, megatraveller, it was neither, and am at somewhat of a loss, i was playing this game around mid-late nineties, on a very early pc, would have been a first gen pentium or something, as i remember all the other pc's in the house were pentium 133 or bigger, and this one was ancient in comparison to those speed demons! the game was top down in flight mode, and it changed to like a portrait screen whenever u encountered another alien/person etc to chat to, with dialogue options arrayed below. i think i was 6-7 at the time i was playing this, so my memory of this game has had many years to erode way, but in the last 5yrs or so ive had a casual search, i cant seem to find anything, lots of things similar, but not quite it. if anyone can even throw a ballpark guess in there, id be happy to chase it down and see if its what im after! many thanks in advance. i should probably also mention that it was a DOS game, as i remember my cousin having to launch it for me as i couldnt remember the correct string i needed to type to launch it.
Try your luck with:

Planet's Edge (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU5xpWdonmU

or

Protostar - War On The Frontier (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Bb0d8P44M

there are many games like the one you want..

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
haseo57 said:
So, there is a game that i played a few years ago, and the closest genre i could think of would be an adventure game, like Syberia. It starts off with you playing the role of a boy in a cursed town, and you do missions for the towns people. One point that stuck out to me is there was a fairy in a cage hanging from the tree in the center of town, with guards deciding on whether to kill her. there is also a a magic shop with a transmutation circle on the floor, and an armor shop across the street that has a secret basement. the look of the town was medieval, was also a mill on a hill that had a huge dog guarding it.

thats all i can remember from it. if anyone has played it and remembers what its called, please let me know!
Check out

WorldSpiral - Liath (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueE_kVErtiM

very similar to Syberia in graphics and gameplay but with a boy...

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
diablo rules said:
DXMax said:

Nonsense Madness Trilogy (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__0PykgmJyg
Yep that is it! Forgot how strange a game that is. Thanks

GamGrgak

Jan 18, 2015
Okay I have two hard games for people to find if they can!
I was born in Russia and when I was a child I had two English games.
One was educational and the other was not.

SO THE FIRST GAME WILL BE THE NON EDUCATIONAL ONE
I remember there being a high school in a sort of 3D perspective. Nothing fancy but in a way akin to Friday the 13th on NES. Where the character could be seen moving but stay at the middle of the screen but the background would move to emulate the character going places. There were alien abductions in the school and you have to go rescue your friends. If one of your friends got kidnapped then a cutscene would happen in which your friend can be seen getting abducted. Then the game goes on and you get a game over if everyone got abducted.
The only thing left that I can remember on this game is that there was a pool level that you could see if there were any aliens.

For the second game it had an assortment of different mini games that I cannot remember besides one.
It was a coloring book type game but instead of it being paper you color specific objects like a wheel and such.
It was set in a western style and every time you would hit a color a little sound effect could be heard.
The color choices were in the bottom middle of the screen and the objects to color were in the top middle of the screen.

I have been looking everywhere but cannot seem to find anything on these two games and any help would be amazing!

haseo57

Jan 18, 2015
diablo rules said:
haseo57 said:
So, there is a game that i played a few years ago, and the closest genre i could think of would be an adventure game, like Syberia. It starts off with you playing the role of a boy in a cursed town, and you do missions for the towns people. One point that stuck out to me is there was a fairy in a cage hanging from the tree in the center of town, with guards deciding on whether to kill her. there is also a a magic shop with a transmutation circle on the floor, and an armor shop across the street that has a secret basement. the look of the town was medieval, was also a mill on a hill that had a huge dog guarding it.

thats all i can remember from it. if anyone has played it and remembers what its called, please let me know!
Check out

Thats not it. the graphics for it were a lot better, and it had 3D-ish characters. its an american game, i know that much. there is no direct combat.

there is also a council in the city, and you have to get them to rescind one of the laws in order to progress.

asinas

Oct 10, 2014
asinas said:
Sooo.. I have two games I'm looking for?

First one is one my husband remembers from being a kid.
- Black and white
-Snes or Sega
- first person view
- going through maze/ dungeon
- monster would pop up and you would fight it.
I have already asked and gone through everything I can think of, and it is NOT Dragon warrior/Quest, any of the ultimas, wizardry, zelda, gauntlet legends, please help!

Second game is for myself. My friend sent me a rom of a game when I was a teen and I would love to know the name as it seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.
- Main character is an anthropomorphic wolf in green armor and uses an ax
- for either Nes, Snes, or Sega
- Exodus Ultima kind of graphics
- All the characters are animals
- The fighting system was kinda unique with uses like a pie chart?
- there were multiple towns, but they were far between.

Any help with either of these would be great?
Update: I finally found the name of the second game tonight! "Armed Dragon Fantasy Villgust" Also known as kouryuu densetsu villgust gaiden.

cold123

Jan 19, 2015
I've been trying to remember this very very old pc game, but I have very vague details of it. What little details I do have were of a demo of the game. I never got to play the full game because I was still in the single digit age range when I played it XD and it ended up being M when I parents looked into it and thus never got it. I believe the character was a blocky yellow skinned type character? In the demo you started in a house and when you walked outside, you were on a ledge in a jungle with a venus fly trap below you that ate you if you walked off into it. It was a side scroller, at least in the jungle, the house might have been in 3D, I dont remember. The game was out sometime in the mid to late 90s, definitely before 2000. This is all I can remember about it.

St. Haborym

Dec 12, 2014
I have a couple more games I am trying to find. Both of them are Korean games I think, one of them was a really old ass dos platformer, that's all I can really remember, and the other was some top down action rpg, you played as some dude with a sword, enemies took forever and a day to kill, at the beginning some little girl confronts you or something, and says a buncha weird shit to you. That latter game I think I might've stumbled across at hotu once.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
haseo57 said:
diablo rules said:
haseo57 said:

Check out

Thats not it. the graphics for it were a lot better, and it had 3D-ish characters. its an american game, i know that much.
To me, should be then

Everlight - Of Magic & Power (2008)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrtyzp_sJd4

but it was made in Germany...are you pretty sure it was made in the USA? When I provide a link it doesn't necessarily mean that the game was made in the country of the corresponding language of the video, the game could be released in many languages..the videos are just for illustration.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
asinas said:
asinas said:
Sooo.. I have two games I'm looking for?

First one is one my husband remembers from being a kid.
- Black and white
-Snes or Sega
- first person view
- going through maze/ dungeon
- monster would pop up and you would fight it.
I have already asked and gone through everything I can think of, and it is NOT Dragon warrior/Quest, any of the ultimas, wizardry, zelda, gauntlet legends, please help!

Second game is for myself. My friend sent me a rom of a game when I was a teen and I would love to know the name as it seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.
- Main character is an anthropomorphic wolf in green armor and uses an ax
- for either Nes, Snes, or Sega
- Exodus Ultima kind of graphics
- All the characters are animals
- The fighting system was kinda unique with uses like a pie chart?
- there were multiple towns, but they were far between.

Any help with either of these would be great?
Update: I finally found the name of the second game tonight! "Armed Dragon Fantasy Villgust" Also known as kouryuu densetsu villgust gaiden.
For the first game, have you tried?

Dungeon Master (1988)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLdoy0q2Gc

strictly speaking is not black and white, but most of the time the dungeon it is. Also, are you sure it was on console? because the black and white thing seems rare on a console like SNES or such..maybe it was a DOS game.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
faeruszorander said:
Okay, so im not really expecting anyone to actually have ever played this game before, but you never know : its a space exploration game, where u get a ship, that can be upgraded, im pretty sure u could have multiple different crew members, there was a normal flight mode where u could cruise around and checkout planets, and a warp-type mode, where the screen would change look and your ship would move super quick through what looked like an alternate dimension etc. i distinctly remember the game started out in the solar system as we know it, at earth, and i remember visiting pluto first, and sending down a probe ship thingy to scan it for minerals, and then coming across some crazy alien dude, who wanted to chat with me. I know it isn't much to go on, and ive already managed to checkout starflight, megatraveller, it was neither, and am at somewhat of a loss, i was playing this game around mid-late nineties, on a very early pc, would have been a first gen pentium or something, as i remember all the other pc's in the house were pentium 133 or bigger, and this one was ancient in comparison to those speed demons! the game was top down in flight mode, and it changed to like a portrait screen whenever u encountered another alien/person etc to chat to, with dialogue options arrayed below. i think i was 6-7 at the time i was playing this, so my memory of this game has had many years to erode way, but in the last 5yrs or so ive had a casual search, i cant seem to find anything, lots of things similar, but not quite it. if anyone can even throw a ballpark guess in there, id be happy to chase it down and see if its what im after! many thanks in advance. i should probably also mention that it was a DOS game, as i remember my cousin having to launch it for me as i couldnt remember the correct string i needed to type to launch it.
Maybe one of the Wing Commander [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Commander_%28franchise%29] Games?

Nathan Hibberd said:
I have been looking for a pc game for so long where i played the demo all i can remember is you get beached on an island with your character and some some soldiers. You can find some wild horses which you can get your soldiers to ride. You then find a like settlement thing which you get people to then build and havest wood. Just outside the settlement there are farms which you send your people to havest. There are also enemy soldiers which you have to defeat and if i remember you also can set fire to there wall with torches or something. Its been about 10 years since i played but i hope someone can help been looking for so long. Also i remember the enemies wore yellow armour.
Sounds kind of like Age of Empires.

James Read

Jan 16, 2015
Planeforger said:
James Read said:
I remember a game that's in my head, back from the very first days of when I tried PC gaming, as way back as about 1996 on my first 266 Mhz machine!

Things I remember;

• - Side scroller, a character that jumps between platforms
    - The character was a teenage boy
    - Possibly wearing blue shorts and a white t-shirt
    - The opening video had something to do with being sucked into a vortex , with a treehouse or something odd like that.
    - The first few levels at least are like dark caves, but I never got very far, I think it was a demo disk off a magazine, maybe the demo ran out
    - I remember something about blue lightening - maybe an effect, or a weapon he had or something.
    - The enemies were like little black cave critters, almost like made out of gooey oil or similar.
[/list]
Sounds like Heart of Darkness.
Yesss! Thank you *SO* much! :)

LostVillager

Jan 18, 2015
thedkm said:
LostVillager said:
Ramon Bastos said:
blurryrox said:
I remember those yellow units had a funny voice and used to say things like "I'm on my way" after an order was given, or "Impossible" if it couldn't be done.

I've been looking for this game for years. I think you were able to create weapons with some resources.

By the way, does anyone remember an old PC game (like mid 90s), a city builder usually located on an island where you create a touristic village or city? It was something like SimCity, but simple and 'vacation-themed'.
Maybe: Planet Blupi,for the first one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWFkWmwtba8

The second game should be : Holiday Island http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3RVpEphXw
YES! I'm downloading them right now. Thank you so much!

Jan 19, 2015
Ok so I had this one game which I cannot recall the name at all. The game started with an intro that told you about how in the past the creature character that you were kept repeteadly getting killed and tortured by the player in one scene it even shows the creature getting thrown in a giant blender it then asks you not to the same things and to instead help it rescue its people it was a gremlin or little alien looking creature I cannot remember the title I need help please its making me go nuts!!!