Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
There is one game I am looking for that I played, possibly from a PC Gamer demo CD. Not sure when, but I think between the mid 90s and early 2000s. Now from finding out the what the last games were I posted asking about, my description of the game might not be 100% accurate since its been so long since I played it, but I'll do my best to describe what I think I remember.

First, this game was a 3rd person, 3D. Possibly an adventure game with possibly some magic in it. I played it on the PC. The game starts with a cinematic of a young boy elf (I think he was an elf) in his bedroom in the morning and I think your mother tells you to get up (you don't see her) and your asked to get something from the cellar, wine possibly. When your down here, you somehow transport to another area, as if you either meet someone down here, toy find an item or you find a invisible portal that causes you to end up in a new area.

There may have been a tall rectangular mirror which when you walk into it, is a portal to another location.

One area you go to is inside a tree, and to get past this area, you have to win a race in carts against pixies (I think they were pixies) around a track which was around the inside of the tree. I also remember an outside desert like area with creatures you could talk to, I don't remember what they looked like, but they maybe wore robes and walked on two legs and maybe had tenticles around their mouth a bit like Cthulhu.

I also remember an inside area like a church room with a gate in the middle of it, which you need a key to open the gate. The key was I think on the left side of the gate, but I don't remember for certain if this was in the game, but I strongly remember a Ankh amulet having something to do with this game, but I don't know why, but the game isn't "Ankh" but there may not have been an ankh amulet, but for some reason an Ankh amulet sticks in my mind when trying to recall this game. I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew what this might be as its been bugging me for years trying to find out what it was.

gaspernemec

Jan 8, 2015
diablo rules said:
gaspernemec said:
Hey guys!
I want to play a game....
...i used to play on old school computer, it had older windows than 95 (idk which exactly) and it was DOS platform game, where you played character with gun and i think he had brown hair and red jacket or cap (cannot remember), you started off by killing some wolves, and than you came in some kind of cave where werevolves came in. At start game is happening in green landscape with trees you have to jump on, wtc, you also have to avoid barrels with radioactive sign and green thing ozzing off, you also pick up some things for lives, however i cannot remember exactly what (i thhink they were TVs, or guns maybe idk...), later you come into cave (arround level 10) which is brown color. NAme of game had something to do with dark humour or such....i searched everywhere and i cannot find it, please help.
Dangerous Dave's Risky Rescue (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHc3SnBy79Y

Thanks soo much :DD

TheTeaFox

Jan 20, 2015
It was a space sidescroller, where you had to shoot aliens and also collect asteroids, which in the end, brought you money when you finished the level (or wave). You were then able to customize your own ship or buy a new one. I also remember that there were alot of different asteroids (with different values) and your were able to check on them, just like an index. As a sidenote, the graphic was not in a bit-style, it was alot smoother.
Hope this is enough information, thanks for the answers :)

ditto

Jan 20, 2015
There was this hidden object game I remember playing when i was a little kid where you went into this mansion owned by this cat-lady and she would give you a list of things she was looking for and you would go around her house and find all of the objects. And each time you played through the game the list would get longer and the mansion would get more and more rooms that you would have to look in. And there would be these animal people hanging around the house that you could talk to and sometimes they would give you hints. google isn't being helpful and i cant remember the name.

Reece Heer

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys looking for a game in the year around 2008, a bit like worms armageddon but you were a wizard which you could customise and you could buy spells and shoot fireballs and things, does anyone have any idea
thanks

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Leuff said:
I'm looking for a PlayStation 1 3rd person view horror game where you start in a cemetery as a zombie/mummy (you get out of the grave and there's that white tape hanging from you) and you have an axe. You encounter various demonic/evil things. That's all I remember..
Maybe

Nightmare Creatures II (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGyDZEZSQZw

Ffi_1591

Jan 20, 2015
This game has been driving me mad trying to remember the name.

It was on the playstation, I think probably playstation 2. It was 3D, and you were a man with brown hair. I'm not talking about grand theft auto... But I suppose it was similar in some aspects. You started off I think in a house, which had a gym in it and some lockers, and you drove a motorcycle around the place. There were bridges between the different areas you could drive to and there were barriers like in a car park or a toll system. You went to the main bit which was a city and you went to this place that had a simulator, and you strapped yourself in and did the shooting tutorials.

I don't remember much else... I remember there being a shooting scene in like a garage or convenience store, and I feel like the main character had been accused of murder or someone close to them had been murdered and he was seeking justice, but it was all part of a bigger thing and then I think robots came into it. I may be getting this mixed up with other games now, or I may even have dreamt parts of it, but the motorcycle and the simulator was definitely real!

I really hope someone else remembers this game, it has been bugging me so much I can't sleep!!

EDIT: it's okay, Google finally gave me the answer... Headhunter!

Mir Antonio

Jan 20, 2015
I REALLLLLYYYY WANT TO FIND WHAT THIS GAME IS!

It was an rpg type game and the story has 2 people Running from Soldiers or something.
both you ended up in jumping in a waterfall. U both got separated and You control the guy
using a tonfa or something. Then the other guy i think turned evil.In some part of the story You both work together and then got separated again. I cant remember the ending because i dont think i finished the game.

I also remember that you can move through the map just like final fantasy..
I remember that i played it on a ps1

Thats all that i can remember. PLEASE HALP MEHHHH

chiasmata

Jan 20, 2015
cold123 said:
I've been trying to remember this very very old pc game, but I have very vague details of it. What little details I do have were of a demo of the game. I never got to play the full game because I was still in the single digit age range when I played it XD and it ended up being M when I parents looked into it and thus never got it. I believe the character was a blocky yellow skinned type character? In the demo you started in a house and when you walked outside, you were on a ledge in a jungle with a venus fly trap below you that ate you if you walked off into it. It was a side scroller, at least in the jungle, the house might have been in 3D, I dont remember. The game was out sometime in the mid to late 90s, definitely before 2000. This is all I can remember about it.
Are you thinking of Hugo 2: Whodunnit (1991)? https://archive.org/details/Hugo2Whodunit

A murder mystery where you explore a house and its (rather wild, venus fly trap infested) gardens. I spent many hours playing this in my misspent youth! :)

RaphaellaDD

Jan 20, 2015
Hello. I've been trying to remember the name of a mobile game i played a couple of years back.

You're a professor in a tower that's quickly filling up with some kind of liquid(can't remember if it was water or something else). You have to climb up to the very top of the tower and get into a hot air balloon. I ,vaguely, remember the professor being chased by monkeys of some sort.
Help please.

vike225

Jan 21, 2015
I have a game that i been looking for to long i played it when i was younger.
all i can remember was. It was a strategy game on the old xbox, where you could choose between two different teams, blue and red.
There were tanks and airplanes and other vehicles, they looked like alien vehicles or far into the future and they were white. The game looked to be taking place on an island with mountains and small forests. Thanks for the help

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Reece Heer said:
Hi guys looking for a game in the year around 2008, a bit like worms armageddon but you were a wizard which you could customise and you could buy spells and shoot fireballs and things, does anyone have any idea
thanks
Is it Arcanists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMiR52vfoSA

Cathycathy

Jan 21, 2015
Hi I'm looking for the name of an old PC game (90's I think) It was based around a little wizard (i think) that had to journey to different places. Here he fought zombies, or skeletons or spiders. I remember you could upgrade his shoes, hat and wands. Also there were potions that gave him extra lives. The thing I remember most is that when he left an area without fighting he would say "run away"
please help!

Cathycathy

Jan 21, 2015
Hi I'm looking for the name of an old PC game (90's I think) It was based around a little wizard (i think) that had to journey to different places. Here he fought zombies, or skeletons or spiders. I remember you could upgrade his shoes, hat and wands. Also there were potions that gave him extra lives. The thing I remember most is that when he left an area without fighting he would say "run away"
please help!

Christofer Bagge

Jan 21, 2015
Hi,
I'm looking for the name of an older war puzzle game in like "2.5D"
There was a play groud larger than the screen that you could scroll over.
On the game plan some soldiers where moving or standing still and the point of your game was to try to travers the setting withou getting detected.
You could shot with rifles or us a knife or just moving when they where facing away.
In snow senarios you foot steps where visable etc
Any one have an idea of the name of the game?
C

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Christofer Bagge said:
Hi,
On the game plan some soldiers where moving or standing still and the point of your game was to try to travers the setting withou getting detected.
You could shot with rifles or us a knife or just moving when they where facing away.
C
errr...it wasn't?

Metal Gear Solid (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpG9XIfFkE0

or any other of the series? sorry if that's not it, but that's the first thing to comes to mind.

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
Christofer Bagge said:
Hi,
C
If not MGS as suggested above, might it be one of the Commandos series?

ashtaroth

Jan 19, 2015
diablo rules said:
ashtaroth said:
OK! I have this game:

- Starts you off as a soldier in a squad that are raiding some facility. The gameplay consists of cover and shooting. Each section, or map is like an interactive panel. After you clear the section from enemies you are given choices on how to proceed.
- There's some windows that pop-up, in a comic style, when, for example, you are surprised by the enemy, and you have to react accordingly in order not to die. Or if you want to use some console, or have to input some code.
- I remember the game goes like this (shooting your way through) for a while until you're captured. Then the game then switches a little bit to a point-and-click adventure game (still with the pop-up style panels to interact with stuff), where you're figuring your way out of that facility.

I remember at some point you have a cybernetic enhanced monkey blocking your way. You had to get a banana to bait him and shoot him. (I remember this part best because I never got through it).

- I think the name of the game starts with "aRa" or "aR" and then a sequence of numbers...

Does anyone know about this game?
ARA NGC 6397 (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc404xpDE-E
diablo rules said:
ashtaroth said:
OK! I have this game:

- Starts you off as a soldier in a squad that are raiding some facility. The gameplay consists of cover and shooting. Each section, or map is like an interactive panel. After you clear the section from enemies you are given choices on how to proceed.
- There's some windows that pop-up, in a comic style, when, for example, you are surprised by the enemy, and you have to react accordingly in order not to die. Or if you want to use some console, or have to input some code.
- I remember the game goes like this (shooting your way through) for a while until you're captured. Then the game then switches a little bit to a point-and-click adventure game (still with the pop-up style panels to interact with stuff), where you're figuring your way out of that facility.

I remember at some point you have a cybernetic enhanced monkey blocking your way. You had to get a banana to bait him and shoot him. (I remember this part best because I never got through it).

- I think the name of the game starts with "aRa" or "aR" and then a sequence of numbers...

Does anyone know about this game?
ARA NGC 6397 (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc404xpDE-E

Yes! That's it! Thank you!

Aly Xandra

Jan 21, 2015
Hey All,

So I am looking for a game for my boyfriend it's one he used to play and I don't know the name of it and neither does he. The game was a Sims like game where you played a ghost. Your objective was to haunt people and scare them out of the house. As you got better at haunting people it would become harder to scare them and you would have to poses different objects. Does anyone know the name of a game that is like that at all??