Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

zaratustra21

Jan 25, 2015
Hello! It was a windows 95 or 98 game 2D full of a green cubed field with rocks and some apples, looking like "rodent's revenge". You were a small person and your objective was to collect all the apples but while you were walking with keyboard keys (up/down etc), you were "farming" the grass and in some cases the rocks would fall if you farmed the grass below them and maybe trap you so you could not collect the other apples. So it was kind of a puzzle but simple looking game. Also the apples would turn into carrots some times. I never knew its original name so i cannot find it in so many years..... :(

kitabatake12

Jun 30, 2014
Not an old game actually, an RTS which has 3 races.
Humans, some kind of robots (white robots, which need energy)and aliens(huge spiders which can be upgraded)
There are some heroes and I believe it's from 2007-2009.

Brain Tumor

Sep 4, 2014
klavee77 said:
I remember a color cubed or box maze game with maybe a wizard character were you would have to find the proper way threw the room or dungeon and the entire room was visible on a black screen and there were entrances that led to other rooms and a map outline of surrounding rooms I think, sorry so vague but it's been driving me crazy for years. It was probably in the 1990's any ideas??
That sounds like "Solstice" on NES.

Gschoener1

Jan 25, 2015
I need some help. There's this old game for the playstation 2 that I used to play. It was a game on a multidemo disc and it was an fps. You start off in some sort of crash I think and there's snow everywhere. There's a building and you have to get inside. Once you're inside there are monsters you have to kill and key cards you need to collect. Please help!

Blego

Jan 25, 2015
daligotee1225 said:
Hey everyone!

I've been trying to find an educational game I played as a kid in the 90's. It had to do with Isaac Newton. It started out with an apple falling on Newton's head. I remember the game had a lot of physics-based learning (rollercoasters, etc). The most memorable part was learning about bee communication and the dances they do.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I am also looking for this.

I do remember the bee dance, as well as information on blood cells. Your goal was to collect patches which you placed in your backpack. I think the company name had something to do with Newton?

That's all I have for additional info, aside from sound effects I won't bother trying to write.

EDIT
Five years later I ran into my old CD...the game is What's The Secret? By Gary Brandenburg

http://www.garybrandenburg.com/whatsthesecret

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Gschoener1 said:
I need some help. There's this old game for the playstation 2 that I used to play. It was a game on a multidemo disc and it was an fps. You start off in some sort of crash I think and there's snow everywhere. There's a building and you have to get inside. Once you're inside there are monsters you have to kill and key cards you need to collect. Please help!
Hi, sure about the game being an FPS?
"The Thing" (2002) started like that, with you being in Antarctic, entering an outpost etc.
Third Person Shooter though.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
Hey! First post here! The games I need to know are:

- This old PC,kids windows game (maybe from 1996), in which you had to help a clown to save his animal friends, I think - it was mostly point-and-click and the stages were minigames of different variety. I can remember one in which you had to cross a river in a boat, avoiding lightning and logs. I believe the game was American, as in that very stage, somebody would yell to the clown: Beware! or Be careful!

- A (japanese, maybe) game for the PSOne or N64, which had a similar idea to Smash Bros. There would be 4 characters (that you could choose before the battle) that were made of few polygons, but had distinctive features and one of them looked like the "Buzz!" quiz game main character. (http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/buzz.qw.01.lg.jpg)

The four characters would then be pitched against each other in a square arena, with platforms, ladders and many items that they could grab and throw at others, like big red missiles and rocks, which made them explode away and off the arena, giving a point to the attacker.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
kitabatake12 said:
Not an old game actually, an RTS which has 3 races.
Humans, some kind of robots (white robots, which need energy)and aliens(huge spiders which can be upgraded)
There are some heroes and I believe it's from 2007-2009.
Sounds like Starcraft, but the date would be off (it's from 98, I think).

larperer

Jan 25, 2015
this itch i have for a game i played back on the early 2000's. it was a PC game, online i believe or idk how i got it but ok so i remember there was this town, and this girl was the main character (well for me) and she had to go around trying to get potions and things bc to complete her quest she needed to go through this huge brick wall that was scary and appeared to be like a dungeon. once in there SHE FOUGHT GIANT RATS AND SPIDERS and trolls and a bunch of creepy creatures, there were her items on the side, like the potions, her health meter, and a bunch of armor, like swords, and bunch of things she earned. if she got to the sorcerer, she could buy potions off of him and such. PLEASE IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS GAME LIKE CRAZY. it was like 2d or so. you could hear her footsteps and had to use the arrows to move around. its a blur but i hope someone remembers !

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
nikche said:
nikche said:
I haven't been able to find this game anywhere on the internet so I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about. I remember it very vaguely but I'll try to supply as much info as I can.

It was a strategy game, very pixelated, set in modern times (I think since you had cars (were those even cars?)). If I remember correctly you had infantry units which could come in singles pairs or threes (not that sure). Also, you were looking from a bird's perspective.

I adored that game, played it from a floppy disk which is now nowhere to be found.
Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
One last bump.
Isn't it Z? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_j1MlzjiZo

CasperDanco

Jan 25, 2015
I have 2 games I enjoyed playing ,but cant remember the namea.

1. Probably a japanese game . You were sone transformer aluke robot
Who had to shot other robots . U were in a big city in the very first level.
You could transform to move faster im not sure if the title was smth
Like shogun.

2. You are an elvish person who has to fight his own race due to a disease
U start at a haven city coming through a portal its a 3D game im not sure if it was
First or third pers view

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
larperer said:
this itch i have for a game i played back on the early 2000's. it was a PC game, online i believe or idk how i got it but ok so i remember there was this town, and this girl was the main character (well for me) and she had to go around trying to get potions and things bc to complete her quest she needed to go through this huge brick wall that was scary and appeared to be like a dungeon. once in there SHE FOUGHT GIANT RATS AND SPIDERS and trolls and a bunch of creepy creatures, there were her items on the side, like the potions, her health meter, and a bunch of armor, like swords, and bunch of things she earned. if she got to the sorcerer, she could buy potions off of him and such. PLEASE IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS GAME LIKE CRAZY. it was like 2d or so. you could hear her footsteps and had to use the arrows to move around. its a blur but i hope someone remembers !
Try your luck with

TibiaME (2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezfCJcfW4U

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ChanKarik said:
Hey! First post here! The games I need to know are:

- This old PC,kids windows game (maybe from 1996), in which you had to help a clown to save his animal friends, I think - it was mostly point-and-click and the stages were minigames of different variety. I can remember one in which you had to cross a river in a boat, avoiding lightning and logs. I believe the game was American, as in that very stage, somebody would yell to the clown: Beware! or Be careful!

- A (japanese, maybe) game for the PSOne or N64, which had a similar idea to Smash Bros. There would be 4 characters (that you could choose before the battle) that were made of few polygons, but had distinctive features and one of them looked like the "Buzz!" quiz game main character. (http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/buzz.qw.01.lg.jpg)

The four characters would then be pitched against each other in a square arena, with platforms, ladders and many items that they could grab and throw at others, like big red missiles and rocks, which made them explode away and off the arena, giving a point to the attacker.
2nd.- Try

Blood Lines (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nau_3a8GDtI

tyralus

Jan 24, 2015
Victoria Papagni said:
Hey, so I can remember this game that my older brother, cousin and I used to play all the time when I was younger, I can't remember what it's called. I wasn't very old at the time but i'll try my best to describe what I remember.

It was one of those basic games where you have to play as a character and destroy all of the evil things (they would change with different levels) until you get to the end of the level. One of the things I remember the most is that you had a choice of characters. I can't remember them all but I think there was around three males and three females. i can remember one of the female characters better than the others, she was a blonde witch who you could either attack with using her wand or this really weird move where she would turn in a circle and blow a kiss. Like most other games like this you had to destroy barrels and things to get money and food to region health, i remember that if you stole another character's food then that character would say something along the lines of 'how rude!' I also remember one of the bosses clearer than the rest, the top half of it was a woman and the bottom half was a black spider.

Anyway, that's all I can remember, I keep remembering the game but I can't remember the name, if anyone could help then i would be very grateful!
This sounds a lot like Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. It hits many points you mention. The destruction, the taking food from your teammates, and a spider woman boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdP8K5IPQJo

GerharttheGreat said:
Hey I'm trying to figure out a game I played when I was a kid. All I remember is that it was on ps1 maybe 2 it was a mouse over point and click style game, your main character was a male and you start off in a home that gets set on fire and you have to escape. After you escape you end up at some warehouse or ship yard type place where your trying to get past a guard house and when you talk to the guard he mentions eating beans and he keeps farting, your character makes the statement your pumping out enough methane to fill a dirigible. That's all I can remember it was so long ago I want to say your trying to get your family from kidnappers
This is definitely Broken Sword.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_8EAuuGi9s

Julian Gaya

Jan 26, 2015
I'm pretty young so its probably not that old. I didnt actually play it I just saw it on youtube. Its a game where you ride this monster thing, and you fight these weird ink monster people things. Im not sure but I think in the beginning youre in a sewer and there is a rat. Or maybe you transform from a rat. Either one. I think you play as a guy with a pony tail. Please respond its killing me.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
There was this one PC game back in the 90s. It was a point-click first person puzzle game, like Myst, but in space, on a derelict spaceship. You played I think it was either a search/rescue guy, or a robot repair drone. But what I remember was that the antagonist was this creepy as fuck military drone that had gone rogue, killed the crew and was hunting you down.
I never got too far in the game, so I don't remember much of the plot.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
CasperDanco said:

Like shogun.
Zone of Enders maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ldli0WZQ1k

Gschoener1

Jan 25, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
Gschoener1 said:
Hi, sure about the game being an FPS?
"The Thing" (2002) started like that, with you being in Antarctic, entering an outpost etc.
Third Person Shooter though.
I'm fairly certain it was, it was a long time ago though. It wasn't The Thing though,

CasperDanco

Jan 25, 2015
Drathnoxis said:
CasperDanco said:

Like shogun.
Zone of Enders maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ldli0WZQ1k
Unfortunatly not mine was looking a bit older in terms of graphic
It wasnt anime style either

Well ty bro :)