Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

kimclein

Jan 2, 2015
-XBOX
-ONE PLAYER
-GORY AND BLOODY
-MAIN CHARACTER WAS A MALE INDIAN OR AZTEC(MAYBE SHIRTLESS WITH BLUE TATTOOS)
-MAIN CHARACTER SLASHED PEOPLE AND CREATURES WITH A SWORD
-TOOK PLACE IN FORESTS, JUNGLES, AND MAYAN RUINS IN THE OLD INDIAN TIMES
-I PLAYED AROUND EARLY 2000'S
-FROM LEVEL TO LEVEL IT WOULD DISPLAY A CLIP OF A MAYAN STORY (YELLOW BACKROUND WITH CHINESE LOOKING BLACK DRAWING)

IM STILL LOOKING FOR THIS GAME. ITS KILLING ME. HELP ANYONE?

ShinyNimbus

Jan 26, 2015
Hello,

There was a game I played during my middle school years and some of high school (2001-2005). It is a PC game that was online. It was a space ship/freighter game that you could take on different delivery missions and what not where the map would show how many "Hops" it would take to another system or planet and your ship could go on auto-pilot after you had set in where you wanted to go. I had been looking for awhile and because I cannot remember the name, I had not been able to find it. Please help!

habo0ob

Nov 3, 2014
Hey,,
could anyone help me please... Well I remember playing this game in my friends pc around 8 to 10 years ago, where you are in the space and you have a ship where you have to shoot the ground under the enemies and break it so they fall into the space. you could maneuver the gun up and down to aim.you could only move the ship front and back.I have been trying to find it but no luck yet.. Id appreciate any help,, thank you.

Guest Guestinson

Oct 21, 2011
ShinyNimbus said:
Hello,

There was a game I played during my middle school years and some of high school (2001-2005). It is a PC game that was online. It was a space ship/freighter game that you could take on different delivery missions and what not where the map would show how many "Hops" it would take to another system or planet and your ship could go on auto-pilot after you had set in where you wanted to go. I had been looking for awhile and because I cannot remember the name, I had not been able to find it. Please help!
I played very similar game around that time. You could have more than one ship (so, one for trading and one for fighting. Around dozen in total. Faster players could use tractor beams on their ships to haul your freighter around, like a little tugboat that could, and you would move much faster than your max speed without them. You could even put some AI in them and tell them what to do, EG. go to Sol, buy A, go to Beta Centaury, sell A and buy B then go to Sol and sell B , buy A etc), there were blueprints for weapons you could buy, as well as space stations you could build around planets.

It is called Star Sonata. I think that graphics have changed quite a bit, but you can see for yourself here: http://www.starsonata.com/page/screenshots

Either that game, or maybe Eve Online. Eve Online is more famous of the 2.

Tyeisha Goree

Jan 26, 2015
Hey! I can't remember the name of this game for the life of me. I played it back when I was in 4th grade, in school, but I remember how it was played. It was like a farming meets Oregon trail type game. You would see this image of a old wooden style house. There was farmland around it too. It would show the changing of the seasons as well. You would have to make sure your family had food and everything they needed by the winter months so they would survive. You could sell food you harvested and traded to gain items for the family. The family could have kids, get sick or other things. I wish I could remember the name of this one.

Guest Guestinson

Oct 21, 2011
Tyeisha Goree said:
Hey! I can't remember the name of this game for the life of me. I played it back when I was in 4th grade, in school, but I remember how it was played. It was like a farming meets Oregon trail type game. You would see this image of a old wooden style house. There was farmland around it too. It would show the changing of the seasons as well. You would have to make sure your family had food and everything they needed by the winter months so they would survive. You could sell food you harvested and traded to gain items for the family. The family could have kids, get sick or other things. I wish I could remember the name of this one.
Sounds like one of the Harvest Moon franchise. Check this link:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/HarvestMoon?from=VideoGame.HarvestMoon

Richard Stone

Jan 26, 2015
I landed on this article because I was looking for a classic myself and was able to find it myself!

Remember this absolute gem?? Rune : http://store.steampowered.com/app/210950/

Think I'll actually buy it again! :D

JFpaes15

Oct 8, 2014
Alright, I hope someone can help me, I've been looking for these three games and never found them, not even a single written line.

The first one is a futuristic racing game where you pilot some sort of cristal like, or at least I believe so, hover bikes. Not much to say other than most of the bikes had different color schemes, it's a racing game with a futuristic theme, you can't get more simple than that. Also, most of the racing tracks were on space stations and such.

The second one is a platforming game where you play as a red squirrel that collected nuts I believe, it had bad 3D graphics, horrendous controls and terrible camera, making it really damn hard. You started in a small platform on the ocean, and had to jump to the other platforms in front of you until you reached a bigger island that had a tower in which you had to reach the top. That's the best I could ever go because of how hard the game was due to the camera and the controls.

The third one is a side scroller with pre-rendered graphics, it had an arabian setting and you played as an arabian wearing a turban , the objetive of the game was to get as much money as possible and finish the level under a time limit.

Played both on PC.

Much appreciated to anyone who can give me the name of those games.

CasperDanco

Jan 25, 2015
Do you know the name of an japanese beat em up game.
It was pretty unique due to your airborne fighting in an glass cube.

I am dying to play it once more

Aww I remember a lot of games back in the 90s

Captain Claw
Arkanoid
Hugo
Virtua cop / house of the dead

Good times

Alan Denney

Jan 26, 2015
So, there's this game my mom had on her pc from around mid to late 80's, early 90's. It's a side scroller like Mario. The person you use is a boy around 12 years old. I think he's wearing a ball cap? You have a laser gun, but you use other weapons as well. The outcome is basically the same as Mario and other side scrollers. Get through the course by hopping, jumping, avoiding enemies etc. Anyone know what game that is?

Ceebee567

Jan 26, 2015
Just wrote this out and internet died, I'm going to give a basic description of what I put.

-PS1 game
-Driving game in cars with weapons and could possibly upgrade weapons on car and definitely buy new cars with new weapons. Similar concept to death race but not that. Perhaps had a name similar to destruction derby but not any of those games.
-One loading screen had a very muscular guy in the foreground with a car wreck in flames in the background behind him and the steering wheel in his hand.
-You raced around courses which were based in the ruins of U.S cities such as Los angeles, I have no idea why they were ruins haha.
- There were standard races but also boss fights where you raced/fought against other cars and the boss to win the race to beat him.
- There was definitely a green (perhaps tank ish) car you could upgrade too?
- Fairly sure there were different characters and your choice of character determined the starting car (may be wrong, it's been a long time haha)

I haven't found the game anywhere so any help would be hugely appreciated :D Me and my bro use to play it ages ago and thought i'd buy it as a gift for him if it's available/anyone knows the name haha :D

Thanks in advance!

Ceebee567

Jan 26, 2015
Thinking about it there was another game, this should be easy to figure out.

It was an alien versus predator game on PC.
You could play as the alien and had to eat/kill a cat to grow to start killing humans.
Poor graphics, pretty damn old.

Thanks for help in advance :)

Ralitsa Stefanova

Jan 27, 2015
Hello,

So I've been trying to find this game for awhile now and I just can't seem to get it. It was a PC point and click game. I remember playing as a little boy but i think you could also choose to be a girl. The atmosphere is very dark and it had eerie music. From what I remember you get trapped on a (ghost?) ship and you need to escape by finding certain objects and there is a voice which guides you while explaining some things to you. At the end you face off against the thing (ghost?) captain of the ship on the deck.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, I really wish to find and play it again xD

Schneid67

Nov 16, 2014
Slaughter House said:
Hello world. So there's this old PC game I remember playing as a kid, (either windows 95 or 98). It was a two player fighting static platformer. The characters were these little round furry red and blue creatures that had disembodied gloved hands and sneakers and you could either punch each other or pick up items like guns and jet packs and such. There was usually water at the bottom of the level and you died if you fell into it. I don't know, any ideas?
This kind of reminds me of Lemmings Paintball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHIiCnVvcPA

mightygirl

Jan 27, 2015
Hi so i remember playing this game where there was a little man and the whole point was to get him across to the other side to go into a portal for the next level and there were other little men and to defeat them you would dig a hole and they fell into a hole but if you fell you would die it came with my pc it was either 1997 or 1998.

thoughtwrangler

Sep 29, 2014
CasperDanco said:
I have 2 games I enjoyed playing ,but cant remember the namea.

1. Probably a japanese game . You were sone transformer aluke robot
Who had to shot other robots . U were in a big city in the very first level.
You could transform to move faster im not sure if the title was smth
Like shogun.
I don't suppose it's Shogo: Mobile Armored Division?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Alan Denney said:
So, there's this game my mom had on her pc from around mid to late 80's, early 90's. It's a side scroller like Mario. The person you use is a boy around 12 years old. I think he's wearing a ball cap? You have a laser gun, but you use other weapons as well. The outcome is basically the same as Mario and other side scrollers. Get through the course by hopping, jumping, avoiding enemies etc. Anyone know what game that is?
One of the Commander Keen games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYPCJ55JME&spfreload=10

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Ceebee567 said:
Just wrote this out and internet died, I'm going to give a basic description of what I put.

-PS1 game
-Driving game in cars with weapons and could possibly upgrade weapons on car and definitely buy new cars with new weapons. Similar concept to death race but not that. Perhaps had a name similar to destruction derby but not any of those games.
-One loading screen had a very muscular guy in the foreground with a car wreck in flames in the background behind him and the steering wheel in his hand.
-You raced around courses which were based in the ruins of U.S cities such as Los angeles, I have no idea why they were ruins haha.
- There were standard races but also boss fights where you raced/fought against other cars and the boss to win the race to beat him.
- There was definitely a green (perhaps tank ish) car you could upgrade too?
- Fairly sure there were different characters and your choice of character determined the starting car (may be wrong, it's been a long time haha)

I haven't found the game anywhere so any help would be hugely appreciated :D Me and my bro use to play it ages ago and thought i'd buy it as a gift for him if it's available/anyone knows the name haha :D

Thanks in advance!
Maybe Vigilante 8 or it's sequel Vigilante 8: Second Offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf14EU-mORs

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
JFpaes15 said:
Alright, I hope someone can help me, I've been looking for these three games and never found them, not even a single written line.

The first one is a futuristic racing game where you pilot some sort of cristal like, or at least I believe so, hover bikes. Not much to say other than most of the bikes had different color schemes, it's a racing game with a futuristic theme, you can't get more simple than that. Also, most of the racing tracks were on space stations and such.
<link=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistics_%28video_game%29>Ballistics?

Ceebee567 said:
Thinking about it there was another game, this should be easy to figure out.

It was an alien versus predator game on PC.
You could play as the alien and had to eat/kill a cat to grow to start killing humans.
Poor graphics, pretty damn old.

Thanks for help in advance :)
Sounds like <link=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_2>Alien versus Predator 2.