Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
1.) Dune? They weren't different races though so maybe not.
2.) Twisted Metal? Twisted Metal:Black was the one with the get off death row storyline from what I recall, but the series has been around since the early PS1 era.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
EcksTeaSea said:
Sport game that came out on the Genesis and on the SNES. There were a bunch of different events like skateboarding, surfing, hacky sack, snowboarding, BMX, and so on. Such a fun game, me and my brother would always play each other in it.
Snowboarding? If you didn't mention that, I would have said California Games as it has all the others.. but no snowboarding.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
troyrich said:
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
Umm for the RTS maybe Starcraft or Warcraft? they are relativly old and have differant races... or if it was a more unknown one there is Atrox that had 3 races
Atrox is probably more to the mark, there were 3 races, with limited troops cartoony-ish 2D graphics

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1.) Dune? They weren't different races though so maybe not.
2.) Twisted Metal? Twisted Metal:Black was the one with the get off death row storyline from what I recall, but the series has been around since the early PS1 era.
No
for the second one the convicts were always in their respective pod/cars lots of weapon upgrades as you drive around and it was PC

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Generator said:
The game where you played golf with frogs. A surprisingly fun game for the PS2, with a very good sense of humor, though it was very strange... and pseudo-violent.
It's Ribbit King, I know this because I played it once before on the GameCube and I know that it was on the PS2 also. I also enjoyed this game quite a bit actually and if want to make sure if is the right game I have a picture of the box art in the spoiler.

Anyway, the game I'm trying to remember is this one arcade game that I played when I was a kid at the local arcade near my grandma and grandpa's house in Arizona. It was basically a sidescrolling beat'em up and the first stage was on a pirate ship where you had to face the cook as the boss at the end of that level. I also remeber that one of the characters special attacks was a penguin barrage but that was all I remembered about the game.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Polarix said:
Generator said:
The game where you played golf with frogs. A surprisingly fun game for the PS2, with a very good sense of humor, though it was very strange... and pseudo-violent.
It's Ribbit King, I know this because I played it once before myself on the GameCube and I know that it was on the PS2 also. I also enjoyed this game quite a bit actually and if want to make sure if is the right game I have a picture of the box art in the spoiler.
That's the one!

It's funny: for such an original game, the title is really rather bland.

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
Tiny116 said:
Atrox is probably more to the mark, there were 3 races, with limited troops cartoony-ish 2D graphics
Mm here's a bit of Atrox's Story if it will help

In 2334 AD, a descendent of Albert Einstein attempted to separate the good and evil present in humans into two different types of cells - the Black and White angels. The Black angels gave rise to special human cyborgs called CREATESE, while the White angels gave rise to the INTELION. Now the CREATESE, INTELION and the last Humans (HOMINIAN) on earth have to fight it out for their own land in the Real Time Strategy Simulation Game, ATROX.

http://www.tothegame.com/pc-1777-atrox-for-pc.html

Dr. Gorgenflex

May 10, 2009
There was this fighting game for the sega genesis that had a bunch of different fighter. It played like Street Fighter, and there was this one dude the laser vision.

Also I remember my dad playing a western shooter a very long time ago. It was pretty much my first encounter with video games when I was about 3. It was on the PC and had something to do with a dog.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
I remember this DOS game where you played this old guy with a green shirt, dungeon crawling in isometric view around this tower collecting water to survive, solving puzzles and killing monsters. What I remember most about this one was the game being on floppy disks, the guy's really ugly face and its difficulty.

Been looking for it as long as Die by the Sword now, although the game's older.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Sport game that came out on the Genesis and on the SNES. There were a bunch of different events like skateboarding, surfing, hacky sack, snowboarding, BMX, and so on. Such a fun game, me and my brother would always play each other in it.
Snowboarding? If you didn't mention that, I would have said California Games as it has all the others.. but no snowboarding.
YES thats the one. Snowboarding was in the SNES version.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
SteveBurger said:
The first thing that comes to my mind is Double Dragon 2. I suppose you could say the kicks look like dancing. I've never seen the gif. Karate Kid also has an NES adaptation, that could be it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles obviously has ninjas, but I think you would remember playing turtles.

Neither of those, and the game maybe Galaga?, not sure.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
PureChaos said:
there was a game which i think was on the Mega Drive (Genesis in USA) where you were a ninja and had special moves, one of which was called Fushin which increased your jumping distance, another made you explode and killed anything caught in the explosion. the second level involved platform jumping across a waterfall. it was a side scrolling game, had you fighting a lot of enemies a late level was like a labyrinth with a lot of revolving doors that i never made it passed.
Not sure exactly which one it was, but that's definitely Shinobi (and most likely Revenge of Shinobi, though I'm not sure if it had a different name outside of North America). Could also be Shinobi 3, but the second level of that had you riding a horse not jumping on a waterfall. Both of their final levels had mazes with revolving doors.
it was Revenge of Shinobi. used to love that game. thanks

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
I remember playing a old NES game. It had a phantasy setting, there where some kind of shops where you could buy new equipment and one of the enemies was a giant dragon, you needed some kind of key to get to him, i think.

HollywoodH17

Jan 6, 2010
There was a PS1 game where you played this weird mecha-rabbit thing, and you had to jump around the levels, bouncing on giant springs and these circles that shot you up really high, and when you were in the air it went to a top-down view of the level. The whole experience, I recall, was very bright. I think it was on a demo CD for PS1... anyone remember the name of this one?

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
I remember playing a game where you were a time traveling car who went back to prehistoric times, when I was much younger.

xxygizx

Jan 3, 2010
Snowalker said:
I remember playing a game on the NES where your a ninja, marial artist, or something of that nature. I turely loved that game, and what really taunts me is theres this gif running around where he's doing the moves from the game and it looks like he's dancing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please tell me.
I knew someone else who was looking for this game, and the name was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't for the life of me remember it.
I count this my amends. Apologies to you, whoever you were, that I couldn't remember that the game was: [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/karateka"]KARATEKA[/a]

Mordwyl said:
I remember this DOS game where you played this old guy with a green shirt, dungeon crawling in isometric view around this tower collecting water to survive, solving puzzles and killing monsters. What I remember most about this one was the game being on floppy disks, the guy's really ugly face and its difficulty.

I've got a strong guess that you're talking about [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/mystic-towers"]MYSTIC TOWERS[/a].
I remember playing a demo of Mystic Towers and having fun, but never seeing it anywhere else.

HollywoodH17 said:
There was a PS1 game where you played this weird mecha-rabbit thing, and you had to jump around the levels, bouncing on giant springs and these circles that shot you up really high, and when you were in the air it went to a top-down view of the level. The whole experience, I recall, was very bright. I think it was on a demo CD for PS1... anyone remember the name of this one?
Without a doubt: [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/jumping-flash"]JUMPING FLASH[/a].
More likely the [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/jumping-flash-2"]SECOND GAME[/a], but it could have been the first.

HollywoodH17

Jan 6, 2010
Without a doubt: [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/jumping-flash"]JUMPING FLASH[/a].
More likely the [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/jumping-flash-2"]SECOND GAME[/a], but it could have been the first.
Yes! That's it! I played and beat both.

Also, from a fellow greenhorn, welcome to the Escapist!

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
xxygizx said:
Mordwyl said:

I've got a strong guess that you're talking about [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/mystic-towers"]MYSTIC TOWERS[/a].
I remember playing a demo of Mystic Towers and having fun, but never seeing it anywhere else.
Holy crap it is. You just solved one of my oldest dilemmas yet. :O