Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

xxygizx

Jan 3, 2010
Niko Stepz said:
I remember this one game for the PC fondly, you were some kids in Egypt and had to solve puzzles to find special treasures. Or something like that. I just remember being in Egypt, Ancient Egypt I think, and solving puzzles. If anyone remembers the name of the game, or one they think it might be you should totally tell me :p
Cartoon graphics?
If that's the case, it's most likely [a href="http://www.learningvillage.com/html/rcstime.html"]CARMEN SANDIEGO'S GREAT CHASE THROUGH TIME[/a].
Otherwise I have no clue.

I've got a game I can't remember... one of the primary reasons it is so hard to remember is because it's Japanese...
At one point Official PlayStation Magazines were giving out PlayStation 2 demo discs that had un-translated demos of import titles on them (probably to see if the games could garner an interest).
The game in question was an extremely strange fishing game. Players would literally be hovering over a city where they would cast their line out into the water. A mini-map would appear to show you what's around your hook, if I remember correctly. Once a fish was hooked it would hover on level with you, where you had to pull it in somehow, but I've forgotten by this point.
The two kinds of "fish" I remember hooking were these weird anthropomorphic soda cans (red and brown in variety) and a gigantic rocket powered robot shark. (Needless to say, I never reeled in the latter)
The game used cell shaded graphics if that's a help.

Anyone recognize it?

Niko Stepz

Dec 17, 2009
xxygizx said:
Niko Stepz said:
I remember this one game for the PC fondly, you were some kids in Egypt and had to solve puzzles to find special treasures. Or something like that. I just remember being in Egypt, Ancient Egypt I think, and solving puzzles. If anyone remembers the name of the game, or one they think it might be you should totally tell me :p
Cartoon graphics?
If that's the case, it's most likely [a href="http://www.learningvillage.com/html/rcstime.html"]CARMEN SANDIEGO'S GREAT CHASE THROUGH TIME[/a].
Otherwise I have no clue.
That's probably it! Haha, I wonder if i could get it to work on my computer .. ?

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
It sounds very vaguely like a game called Threads of fate but I am most likely incorrect.
Mmm, that's not it, but I might check it out anyway, it looks alright (if it's still possible to even get hold of it, harharhar). I'm almost positive it wasn't a JRPG, it looked and felt a lot more western. Google has been absolutely useless with my searches of "girl dressed in green" and "caves", haha.

JUMBO PALACE said:
Was it Gauntlet Legends?
Shoot, that looks very similar, but I remember seeing it a few years before that particular one was released. Cheers for the suggestion, though, it's definitely close (and kind of looks familiar, too, I wonder if I've come across Gauntlet Legends without realising it).

The Spectator

Sep 14, 2009
It was a sidescroller. Though it was inside a house. The main characters had pointy heads and.. I think they wore some kind of detective outfit. On the screen you could see two floors of the house. I can't remember what the main objective of the game was though.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
game on a pc, involved an interface covered with buttons, and a small screen in the top left where all the gameplay was going on. A sort of adventure game where the heroine was on the island of "really evil guy". All i remember was that [j] started a conveyor belt which threw some enemies into a pool of lava. Good thing about games those days, NO QTE's!

fatballs

Aug 20, 2010
theres a game i played around 2000, basically u were a wizard i think, and u went around picking up items to use elsewhere in order to progress through the game, the bloke that u were had orange hair and just wore a blue robe. It was a pc game, point and click and i think the point of it was to get something back for a king. It had alot of stupid stuff in it like cinemas and marlyn monroe even thought the time setting was supposed to be medieval. can anyone help

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
fatballs said:
theres a game i played around 2000, basically u were a wizard i think, and u went around picking up items to use elsewhere in order to progress through the game, the bloke that u were had orange hair and just wore a blue robe. It was a pc game, point and click and i think the point of it was to get something back for a king. It had alot of stupid stuff in it like cinemas and marlyn monroe even thought the time setting was supposed to be medieval. can anyone help
It sounds very similar to Trine... but that's a more recent game than 2000.
Actually, I think I know the game you're thinking of. Did it have portals and was it released in like the 70's? Around about the same time as crystal caves. You collected potions for points, yeah? Crap. I remember that game, but I can't for the life of me remember the damn name, Damn you!

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I had this, but I recently found the name. I played the demo on the ps2, and now I got the full game just for the heck of it. It was called Battle Engine Aquila. It's great, but the silly story would not have been necessary.

isis_teller

Sep 12, 2010
There was an adventure/rpg game on the playstation(at least I think it was the playstation).
It was fantasy, the usual young boy on a quest malarkey.
Side view, and when you ran out of the screen, the view would jump to the next area as opposed to just scrolling along with your char. Turn based battles.

I also seem to remember one part about having to break down a tree so that you could cross a river.

Any help would be appreciated!

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Tiny116 said:
StriderShinryu said:
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
1.) Dune? They weren't different races though so maybe not.
2.) Twisted Metal? Twisted Metal:Black was the one with the get off death row storyline from what I recall, but the series has been around since the early PS1 era.
No
for the second one the convicts were always in their respective pod/cars lots of weapon upgrades as you drive around and it was PC
Was it Carmageddon?

EDIT: Nuts. Ninja's by Daedalus. Well I still want to know if this was the game.

m_mniny

Sep 14, 2010
ok so first thanks for starting such a topic .. i registered an account just for this thread.
i got three games that i can't remember their names (some serious memory issues!)

1) the first game i used to play on PC like 12 years ago or so (probably a DOS game) the setup is simple, a shoot'em up game with zombies where you choose between a male or a female character at the beginning then you shoot the zombies and rescue people.

2) the second one is on PC too but i think its older than the first .. you're a DUDE (probably blonde) and you're in the desert (probably the wild west) the view is something like a birdeye's view but its closer (you can move all over the map) .. lots of weapons (machine guns, rocket launchers .. ) oh and i remember that one thing where you go to an oasis like water-place to heal or something.

3) this one i used to play on PC too but i think its been ported from (PS1 maybe?) .. its a side-scrolling/platformer game where you control a lemming like creature who attacks foes with his hat (i think you learn more moves later for this hat thing)

p.s. im really desperate to find these games so anyhelp would be much appreciated, oh and please forgive my sucky english

Yoshi_Fan

Sep 26, 2010
I have one that is driving me mad!

My dad had this game for the original PLaystation. It was a RPG and you were a drunken wizard (dressed in Orange I believe) trying to get in better with the wizarding school you attended. So they send you on a quest to kill the dragon that has been looming over the castle spire most of the game. You are solving puzzles and collecting items in the process.

All the characters seem to have british accents and the game is actually pretty funny. But for the life of me I can't remember the darn name.

Also, when you wait for awhile without playing, the wizard guy puts his head right up to the TV and knocks on it and says "Hellllllloooooooo"!

Can anyone help me out?

Thnx.

Yoshi_Fan

Sep 26, 2010
Sorry M_Mniny. Don't have any ideas for you. But I did want to say your English is fine. Don't know what you're talking about.

And I agree. Thanks for starting this topic! Hopefully we can get some answers.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
I remember an old N64 game a long time ago where you had these futuristic motorcycles. Now, you didn't just race. You had guns. You always had a default autocannon type weapon, which fired a basic blaster round, and then there were various missiles and such. Three weapons I remember were the yellow rocket, which was direct fire only and had zero lock on and went in a straight line through the air. The red rocket was more of a guided missile that would lock on to any visible target and it would fly at it without following the track, so it could crash into hills in the track and such. The final one was a purple missile which would follow the course without fail and hit the nearest person ahead.

The game mode I remember playing was something called "shoot 'em up," which basically had you going around a track shooting at these weird disc-looking things at the edge of your line of sight. You could see them blow up, but they would always keep coming back in greater numbers, and you could never catch them.

Yoshi_Fan

Sep 26, 2010
Yoshi_Fan said:
I have one that is driving me mad!

My dad had this game for the original PLaystation. It was a RPG and you were a drunken wizard (dressed in Orange I believe) trying to get in better with the wizarding school you attended. So they send you on a quest to kill the dragon that has been looming over the castle spire most of the game. You are solving puzzles and collecting items in the process.

All the characters seem to have british accents and the game is actually pretty funny. But for the life of me I can't remember the darn name.

Also, when you wait for awhile without playing, the wizard guy puts his head right up to the TV and knocks on it and says "Hellllllloooooooo"!

Can anyone help me out?

Thnx.
Oh I've got it. It is "Discworld". An Adventure Game based on Monty Python! Lol! Great game. Now if I could only find a copy.

Mr Restrained

Oct 17, 2010
There are these two old games which i cannot remember:
in one you were a red spider-like robot which could climb on walls, and i could never figure out the reason for the game.
the second one you were a stickfigure and the floor had cube tiles, and the tiles would move like a wave of water, and you had to evade it somehow, but i fogot everything else.
would be really helpful! thankyou