Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Windsaver

Jul 1, 2010
I'm not sure if I could get help with this but anybody that has a clue what I'm talking about telling me what I'm talking about would be much appreciated.

So, I remember at some point in time (Sometime 1998-2001 would be my guess) playing some game. It had a grid and turn based combat and you controlled a couple of guys with 100ish HP each in the beginning, some dude and some chick that casts magic. She notably had a Wall of Fire spell that incinerated everyone around her, also the first level was like in a forest or something. Then in some other level it's like a graveyard or a mine, and underground in a mine you find some old man with a staff and 200 HP, and that's really all I remember. I vaguely remember some initial dialog with a main character and some other guy next to a house but that's even more blurry.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about I would love you forever.

IamJason

Jun 2, 2012
BBK4LIFE1991 said:
IamJason said:
Hey guys,

I have this game stuck in my head.

1) I played it about 10 years ago
2) I played it on a pc
3) It was an online game versing other online opponents
3) It was very kiddy-cutsie looking, like baby dinosaurs/ Robots, drill machines
-) You could shoot grenades, beams, underground bombs - You could make your opponent fall by destroying the land underneath them to make them fall to their loss, or shoot them directly.
4) It is similar to cannons, where you shoot the opponents taking turns adjusting your trajectory
5) You verse you opponent on different landscapes
-) Best out of 3 rounds would win
6) You earn coins i think to upgrade and buy better animals to shoot, every animal creature had different powers (fire, electricity, water element) , I guess you could describe it like pokemon sort of
7) You had to have an account set up to log in everytime you played

Ive been racking my brain to figure out what this game was called as I cannot find a game similar to it now to play, if anyone knows the name of it, I would be so grateful, thanks!

Jason

Woems. The newer one is called Worms Reloaded . it runs great. that game is awesome.
Nah that wasn't the game. ITs very much internet based game, no worms, heaps of different creatures and characters to choose from as weapon to use. thanks anyway! Does anyone else know?

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Maxbruz said:
Hey guys, I'm only saying this from extremely vague memory. In this game you have to escape from somewhere and there are robots that you shoot and there's a chef in a cafeteria asking why you're there
Fade to Black?

baboon

Jun 8, 2012
Hi.
There is a PC game I'm trying to remember I played it as demo back in the 90s I'm fairly sure. You were a knight or a viking and you had to fight skeletons with swords and other creatures in a battle arena. Started off one on one then got harder with multiple opponents. It was 3D and you could do first person view. There was a bridge in the arena with lava under it. Limbs could be chopped off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Manwith

Jun 8, 2012
Hi, i am trying to find old action game. You were supposed to be some kind of soldier, and you can fire from different weapon (even some nuclear and things like nuclear suitcase). You were looking from top - like some kind of God wiev. Also buildings and so on was just "walls". It was really trivious arcade game, but some kind of funny. It was for PC.

I know, there are not many clues, but my memory is cloudy.
But anyway, thanks for any help.

(sorry for crappy english)

Descension

Jun 8, 2012
Man, I have been trying to remember the following game for ten years! I just stumbled upon this thread and I think it a good time to find out:

-It's a PS1 game
-I think it may have been a 2CD set (about 70% sure on this)
-You have a dog sidekick I think
-You have a gun/projectile weapon of some kind, seems to be strapped as if a back pack type of thing. However this breaks/gets removed really early in the game.
-Then you continue for a bit and touch a green rock or something and you suddenly have the power to shoot green energy-like projectiles from your hands; one is slow and charged up, the other is less powerful but faster shot.

That's all I can remember really.

dmarok

Jun 9, 2012
Hi, I'm looking for an old game, it's in medieval settings, it begins like - there is a celebration in a castle and suddenly the castle is covered with a dome or some barrier. You start the game in your room, then go talk to the castle lord and he says we are all stuck in here until you find a solution. It's probably an RPG or smth like that. Thanks for your help

Zandarck

Jul 13, 2011
Descension said:
Man, I have been trying to remember the following game for ten years! I just stumbled upon this thread and I think it a good time to find out:

-It's a PS1 game
-I think it may have been a 2CD set (about 70% sure on this)
-You have a dog sidekick I think
-You have a gun/projectile weapon of some kind, seems to be strapped as if a back pack type of thing. However this breaks/gets removed really early in the game.
-Then you continue for a bit and touch a green rock or something and you suddenly have the power to shoot green energy-like projectiles from your hands; one is slow and charged up, the other is less powerful but faster shot.

That's all I can remember really.
Sounds to me like Heart of Darkness!

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJIHNKHw_4[/link]

Sram

Sep 3, 2011
dmarok said:
Hi, I'm looking for an old game, it's in medieval settings, it begins like - there is a celebration in a castle and suddenly the castle is covered with a dome or some barrier. You start the game in your room, then go talk to the castle lord and he says we are all stuck in here until you find a solution. It's probably an RPG or smth like that. Thanks for your help
Could it be Ultima Underworld 2? I never played it but i recently saw Sppony's review of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7mKziADTM

Unsprayed

Jun 8, 2012
Hey can anyone help me with this game, it was inbthe 90s not sure what console but it deffo wasnt ps1
You controlled a marine in birds eye view where you ran round a fairly large jungle, shooting enemies, you could go to helipads and get in helicopters with mounted guns and jeeps/tanks on land,

I also remember blowing up a bridge with some troops, please help its driving me crazy

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
RedBird said:
I remember a really old game, you play as a velociraptor with jetpacks and lasers...
It was either on pc or N64.
Or I made it up.
I'm really not sure.
Whatever this game is, I want to play it.

Also, I'd like to submit my own game.
It was a PS2 game; you play as a stuffed animal. With a gun. It was an action platformer. I think there were multiple stuffed animals with guns to choose from, though I could be wrong. There were baby animals in the level that you could collect, but I'm not sure if they were the main objective or just a bonus. One of the levels was set inside a spaceship, and I have vague memories of other levels, I think there was a dam, a museum and an airport level.
Any ideas?

Hugo

Jun 9, 2012
CAN YOU HELP ME TOO?
I played one game on facebook 1 year ago but i cant remeber her name...
Description: you build your army to defeat somebody elses army,as you crash their castlle you get name as "Crusher Hugo" or "Conquer Hugo" ... You have some magic power to send as healing spell,fire deamon,big red monster who runs and destroy everything on his way....

Zandarck

Jul 13, 2011
Squidbulb said:
It was a PS2 game; you play as a stuffed animal. With a gun. It was an action platformer. I think there were multiple stuffed animals with guns to choose from, though I could be wrong. There were baby animals in the level that you could collect, but I'm not sure if they were the main objective or just a bonus. One of the levels was set inside a spaceship, and I have vague memories of other levels, I think there was a dam, a museum and an airport level.
Any ideas?
Fur Fighters by any chance?

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlDr74Yoh8[/link]

Unsprayed

Jun 8, 2012
Hugo said:
CAN YOU HELP ME TOO?
I played one game on facebook 1 year ago but i cant remeber her name...
Description: you build your army to defeat somebody elses army,as you crash their castlle you get name as "Crusher Hugo" or "Conquer Hugo" ... You have some magic power to send as healing spell,fire deamon,big red monster who runs and destroy everything on his way....

Was that nanostar seige?

redeye123

Aug 11, 2011
Franco Barrios said:
Hi guys, I need some help finding a game I use to play on 2000 - 2003.

It was a strategy game, I only had the demo version. I remember that there was 2 factions, humans and aliens (I guess)

The human had some kind of control tower, where you could purchase tanks and jeeps and then a chopper would drop them off on your base. They also had a cloning facility (I guess again) where you cloned 3 types of soldiers, the Engineer, a Soldier with a machine gun and another with a Bazooka.
The resources where funds indicated on a panel on the right side of the screen.

The aliens had some kind of mech with 2 cannons on the upper part. Their where sort of mechanical.

I remember also that the tanks could crush infantry units, the game was 3D but the infantry units where on 2D.

Again, it was only the demo version.

That's all I can remember, Please HELP!
I'm fairly certain it's WarGames
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN1vd2n2N2Q

redeye123

Aug 11, 2011
Watchmen32 said:
Looking for PC game where you would build a roman city and then build boats to protect your city. You could upgrade your boats and what not. Then foreign enemies that had blue sails would try to attack your boats/city. Played it during mid 2000s but was on an old computer.

Name of the game has been driving me crazy any help would be appreciated
Found it! Ancient Conquest
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/ancient-conquest-quest-for-the-golden-fleece

redeye123

Aug 11, 2011
Sabbath said:
Ok i remember 2 games i played but dont remember the name

1#There was this game i think you played as a girl not sure if you could pick a male character and i think you have to do questts for people and i think you cold call a dragon not sure the name i think like dracone or something

2#There was this alien game it was like a tribe of aliens or something and you could go into the other aliens bodies and control them and i think they had like some kinda guns and your blue and there this other people like you and they have like sling shots and the ones with the guns are yellow
#1 could be Drakan http://www.mobygames.com/game/drakan-order-of-the-flame

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Zandarck said:
Squidbulb said:
Any ideas?
Fur Fighters by any chance?

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlDr74Yoh8[/link]
That's the one. Ta.

ViciousMarine

Jun 9, 2012
i remember playing a game about being in a cop car and you driving through the city and then random cars would speed and try to escape. you had to chase them down and get them to pull over.

you could choose different cars too. like an suv, a traditional cop car, and a few others. there was traffic that you had to get through and dodge. i tried searching it on google for a while but couldnt find anything that looked familiar. i really wanna play it again. please help?

billy-j

Dec 16, 2007
I had a demo of a PC RPG game, where you had to choose between warrior, mage or thief (original right?) but you had to choose what your character worshipped before you start (earth, fire, life, death, there were loads). If I remember correctly it was a top down/isometric view, but I can't remember very well so that could be wrong, all I remember for sure is the character worshipping bit. I've been searching for it but can't remember much else for the life of me, can anyone help?