Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

blazekarlo

Jun 12, 2012
Okay! When I was just a kid I use to play one game on psx, the one which I just can't remember the name. The game was like: It was an adventure game, where you had to collect coins. You had one caracter who had the red hat and cloak i think and yellow hair. It was 2d. so you could use your hat for attack. Your enemies where some kind of wierd people who were colecting shrooms or something and a blind man who was stealing your coins if he catch you. The guy who was collecting shrooms was walking like orcs on Lord of the rings (jumping funny). Anyway, I can't remeber the name of the game because I always called it "Crazies" even thought that wasn't the real name. Maybe it will help you that in 1st level one shroom-man was flying in balloon a throwing boombs and the the floor would break i peaces. In some other level you are chased by a big ball made of rock and you had to run away from it. I don't know if I said enough but thats all i can remember so it would be cool if you could help me. Thank you in advance!!!

If you know which game is this contact me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/karloblazek7
Just send me the message...

Austin House

Jun 12, 2012
I looked it up, but I don't think that's it. The graphics on Astrofire look too cartoony compared to what I remember. I remember the ship being pretty detailed, and the upgrades only lasted for a while. I THINK you got them by shooting the powerups on the level...

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
rolandroly93 said:
can you help me? im searching the name of this game for years, but my description is vague.

I am not sure though if it is a ps1 game or something because I only played it in arcade.
I remember that it is a fighting game, you can choose 1 player or 2 players (boy and girl). And the name of the opponents are zodiac signs and birthstones(ex. Virgo, Cancer, Leo, Turquoise). I also remember that Virgo looks like a girl in a gold armor, Leo is a bird, and Turquoise is a man with sword. Basically it is a fighting game. Thanks :)
The zodiacs & gold armor immediately made me think of the Saint Seiya series (an anime series with some video game releases). However, your description doesn't fully match it. Perhaps a spinoff/ripoff?

Puneet Sharma said:
I used to play a PC strategy game in the 2002-2005. the game was all about the three selected robots with armors and weapons and walkin through a big area like a forest and destroy all the machines and buildings, some of them were resouce buildings. the game looks like an age of empires not exactly. difference is for robots instead of humans. the color of those robots were red with a green bar on them showing their life. the same bars show on the enimiy robots and their buildings and base as well denoted their life.
Thanks.. :)
MechCommander?

targren

May 13, 2009
shikikagami said:
Coldie said:
Early parts of Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator fit this description fairly well.
I would donate you a kidney if i could
YES!! this is the game i'm looking for. god.... so many years wondering if i'll ever find it again.

You friend should get a medal. Thank you again
It's on GOG. Keep your kidney. ;)

GucciHank

Jun 13, 2012
Hi guys. I stumbled upon this website while looking for a SNES game I can't remember the name of, hopefully you guys can help, here goes:

SNES game kind of like the Age of Empires games. You basically played God, you control a guy, I think he was dressed in blue, you start building you little civilization and doing battle with the other civilizations. If I recall correctly you can cause natural disasters, like floods on the other communities. I recall the noise the guy would make when he walked through the flooded land like a splish splash. There was no soundtrack just the sounds like walking through the water or fires and whatnot. You built your land a bit at a time too, it's hard to remember being that it was for SNES and I was like 10-11 yrs old. My brother brought it home w him from Uconn one day and I remember liking the game a lot. The things I'm sure of is that u are basically a god controlling your guy and building your land and civilization a bit at a time. After you are all built up, you go to war and take over the other lands. Hopefully one of you is an RPG junkie from the SNES days. Thank you in advance. If you answer my question you will have made my year!!! I've been trying to remember for so long.

rolandroly93

Jun 12, 2012
PsykoDragon said:
rolandroly93 said:
can you help me? im searching the name of this game for years, but my description is vague.

I am not sure though if it is a ps1 game or something because I only played it in arcade.
I remember that it is a fighting game, you can choose 1 player or 2 players (boy and girl). And the name of the opponents are zodiac signs and birthstones(ex. Virgo, Cancer, Leo, Turquoise). I also remember that Virgo looks like a girl in a gold armor, Leo is a bird, and Turquoise is a man with sword. Basically it is a fighting game. Thanks :)
The zodiacs & gold armor immediately made me think of the Saint Seiya series (an anime series with some video game releases). However, your description doesn't fully match it. Perhaps a spinoff/ripoff?
I don't think it is Saint Seiya. How I wish I can remember the name of the game. I also remember that you will face Pearl and Onyx(they are like twins that are bald). The players can also use something like hadouken. Hahaha. I know it's pretty weird, but man I'm addicted to this game when I was a child :))

Krej

Jun 13, 2012
Name of old rts game with three factions?
I'm looking for a game probably released somewhere between 1996-2004
It's an RTS with three faction/races/sides/teams.

The different factions were;

Humans with tanks and infantry. Their colour were blue.
Alien/Native/Scorpion/Monster people (don't quite remember). But their colour were red.
Alien/Machines/Robot/Tech people, their colour were yellow.

It had some basebuilding, where you created your units.
I think units could rank up through combat experience and I'm fairly sure it was a 2D game.

It's not starcraft or any other well known rts.

(P.S This description fits http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120303164635AAf4EpI)

Played a demo of it once. Please help ;D

EDIT: it's KKnD2:Crossfire!

Incignito

Dec 29, 2010
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
Do you by any chance mean Death Rally http://www.ghanja.be/images/stories/death_rally.jpg

I remember a game where the PC was a boy with sunglasses and a backwards truckers hat.. I remember something related with bubbles.. i think you threw bubbles and pocket or something

Yersinia_pestis

Jul 13, 2009
Old game I played in the late 80's, early 90's on the Amiga.
You played as a knight and chose different scenarios, like fighting another knight, battling against lions or other creatures.

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
Austin House said:
Hey, I'm looking for an old PC game from the mid-90's. It was an asteroids-style game with 2d graphics VERY similar to the styling of the pinball game that comes packaged with windows. Basically, it WAS asteroids, except that the ships could be upgraded with new weapons and shields and I remember if you went into the game folder, you could customize your stuff so that you could literally just spin and hold the fire button down and clear entire levels in seconds. I THINK I remember something about different colored stats in the lower-left corner, but I'm not 100% sure. I remember alien ships, floating asteroids, and the ship itself being somewhat reminiscent of the ship from Galaga. Can anyone help me out here?
Piranha? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx4ImBzliK8

Grygor

Oct 26, 2010
GucciHank said:
Hi guys. I stumbled upon this website while looking for a SNES game I can't remember the name of, hopefully you guys can help, here goes:

SNES game kind of like the Age of Empires games. You basically played God, you control a guy, I think he was dressed in blue, you start building you little civilization and doing battle with the other civilizations. If I recall correctly you can cause natural disasters, like floods on the other communities. I recall the noise the guy would make when he walked through the flooded land like a splish splash. There was no soundtrack just the sounds like walking through the water or fires and whatnot. You built your land a bit at a time too, it's hard to remember being that it was for SNES and I was like 10-11 yrs old. My brother brought it home w him from Uconn one day and I remember liking the game a lot. The things I'm sure of is that u are basically a god controlling your guy and building your land and civilization a bit at a time. After you are all built up, you go to war and take over the other lands. Hopefully one of you is an RPG junkie from the SNES days. Thank you in advance. If you answer my question you will have made my year!!! I've been trying to remember for so long.
Sounds an awful lot like Populous to me.

markhardmeier

Jun 14, 2012
Hi guys, thank you for this awesome thread i hope you could help me!

Im searching for years a game that i played 1990-2001 in south america the game was on english i think.

The things that i can remember about it are:
1. Your an alien (not sure)
2. You land on a town by night
3. Your space ship broken
4. Its kind of a third person rpg
5. And you find a red rubber ball who you can throw and move/switch/fight things

I think the aim is to find how to repear the ship and get home but im not sure.
I remember that in the first night its raining....

I hope you knew it. Thanks

St3fani3

Jun 14, 2012
Hey Guys I'm hoping someone can help me it is and old came i used to play at primary school was around the 1990's i'm sure it was a game on an apple mac pc where you where a little white hovering robot and u had to destroy enemies and i think do objectives not quite sure but that's all i remember if anyone might know please leave a reply would be a big load of my mind thank you!!! :)

Empireth

Wrenchmaiden.
Oct 24, 2009
BBK4LIFE1991 said:
im trying to remember this game. PLZ HELP

- played it about ten years ago on my windows 98 PC
- cartoon looking game
- i remember directing a movie. u can pick the actors lines and the scenery on the set and stuff
- the objective was to make a good movie and make it to the top of the movie hits chart. (box office)
- the story line of the movie was a detective case
- it was a point and click kinda game
It's a bit of a stretch for me, but it wouldn't happen to be Broderbund's Write, Camera, Action, would it?
The storyline for the movie, if I remember correctly, was some woman's cat was missing, and the detective had to go find him. The movie might have been called "The Case of the Maltese Malcolm" or something like that?

bad duc

Jun 14, 2012
Im trying to remeber the game of a game I played in the mid to late 90s. It was a strategy game similar to sim city. It was a top down view but there was an AI that you played against building another city across the map and you were racing to destroy them before they destroyed you with nukes. I remember it being pretty in depth. the loading screens had pictures of nature type themes and animals. I remember in the beginning it saying that the game was dedicated to someone.

HamGim

Jun 15, 2012
Aristoth said:
I've recently tried to recall an old spaceship/starship game for the PC myself. I believe it was a shareware deal, but there was a full version as well. I will do my best to piece together some of the things I remember.

The demo limited the styles of ships you could be, but I do recall your ship flying in from the bottom of the screen up close to the top and back down to land on a pad below where a female computer would talk to you briefly before you set out.

Once set out you flew around much like the style of Asteroids, in which you could in fact destroy asteroids, but you also collected gas tanks and actual icons for programs you had on your computer. So, much like the icons sitting on your desktop, except they'd be floating around in space for you to collect as a sort of "currency." If you shot at them, they'd begin to crack or be destroyed if too much damage was done to them.

There were other NPC space ships that would fly around and request help to kill asteroids and such, stating "I could use some help!" or contrary, "Hey, watch it!" if you shot at them. All the way to "I'm gonna get you!" if you harassed them too much. These were all vocal responses. Sometimes police ships would come out if you killed too many NPC players. I remember one being called "The Enforcer"

You could also access an upgrade station, granted I forget how, where your ship would land on a platform while you selected weapons and such from a list that cost money. You could even go into debt if you bought too much. Here you could also repair your ship if you took too much damage. When taking too much damage, you lost the left side of your ship, I.E. a wing, then the other side, sort of leaving you with this small center section.

I don't know if this enough information to help, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name nor can I find it on the net through the tidbits of info I have. Hopefully one of the minds out in the digital world can help me out on this.

Thank you kindly!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Inner_Space
Just figured the title out myself too. Operation Inner Space is the name of this space flight sim, you fly around and shoot at desktop icons and other program icons from your computer. It is shareware (share ware) and was released in 1994. Anyone else that has been searching for this knows it is nothing like Escape Velocity or any of the other games that people suggest. Glad I could finally find the title of this game!

Chronootje

Jun 15, 2012
Ok i made an account to see if anyone can help me find the name of this game :p The description is a bit vague but it's about 15 years ago that i played it so.

The game itself was a top-down shooter. I remember you started in a room with some plants in it and 2 dudes in a black outfit. You were told to go to the helicopter and if you didn't and just waited in that room, the 2 dudes in black would shoot you.
Once you take the helicopter, you'll be dropped in some city and have to use the sewers for travelling between districts by riding some sort of jet scooter. I think i played it on windows 95 or 98.

I hope any of you can help me, i really want to know the name :p

SB Ripping

May 25, 2012
I remember playing this game on PC where you were quarantined to this city full of crime and everybody was mutated and all f'd up. You drove a taxi and could buy weapons and get machine guns mounted on it and such. Can't even remember what the box looked like let alone the name.

Hafnium

Jun 15, 2009
Alright I've got a couple..
1. A luge racing game of sorts, where you competed against ai opponents in possibly a neon-lit environment. It was probably called something with the word "luge" since the word stands out to me (not being native english-speaking).
2. A top down 4 player racing game, possibly with Nitro in the name. There were bumps, water/oilslicks I think and I remember playing it on pc.

Bonus - old games I fondly remember playing that you might have as well. :)
Battle Beasts - A fighting game where you had animals who transformed into half-robotic monsters who would then fight!
Clockwork Knight - for Sega Saturn, watching a video from it really sent me back to my early years!
Wacky Wheels - a Mario Kart-ish racing game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacky_Wheels
Loom - nuff said.